Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Saga of the Mystic Warriors ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Cye fought back as best as he could but it was useless. The warrior in the jet black armor was coming fast and hard. It was wearing him out.

"NIGHT SCREEN STRIKE!" the warrior said, holding up the sword in its hand.

Just as it struck him, he sat straight up in bed. He was covered in sweat and shaking like a leaf.

"Thank God it was just a dream," he said to himself as he looked at the clock and saw it was only 4:30. "I'm going out for some air."

He got dressed and went down the stairs. Ryo was on the couch, after coming in late from a night of patroling. He woke up as Cye opened the front door, preparing to go out.

"Where are you going Cye?" he asked, lifting up on one elbow. "Its kinda late."

"Just getting some air," Cye told him. "Go back to sleep."

Ryo watched as the door closed and then fell back to sleep. Cye walked through the woods, heading for the city. Above him in the trees, a girl watched him

"Now's my chance to capture one of the Ronins," she said. "The others won't expect a thing."

Cye whirled around as she jumped down behind him. She was dressed in the jet black armor that was in his dream and held a sword in her hand.

"Hello Torrent," she said, advancing on him. "My master would like to talk to you."

"I don't think so," Cye said. "Armor of Torrent, dao jin."

"NIGHT SCREEN STRIKE."

He was struck before he could donn his armor. He was sent flying into a tree, where he layed dazed. At the house, Ryo heard the blast, nearly falling off the couch. The others came running down the stairs.

"What in the world?" Sage asked as they joined Ryo at the door. "Where's Cye?"

"He couldn't sleep and went out for some air," Ryo said. "You don't think . . . .?"

They didn't think anymore. They flew out of the house towards the woods. Cye had fallen into unconsciousness and Sakora had just slung him over her shoulder when the others ran into the clearing.

"Drop him, whoever you are?" Rowen ordered.

"Sorry, Talpa has some business with him," she said and disappeared with Cye, but a small black ball landed on the ground.

"Who was that?" Kento asked.

Sage had already picked up the ball and was looking at it. It opened and Talpa appeared.

"I see you've met my newest warrior," Talpa said. "And that she has captured one of you. I want the rest of the armor or he'll die."

"Where did she come from?" Ryo wondered. "I've never seen armor like that."

"We can explain everything," a voice said from behind them.