Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Saga of the Mystic Warriors ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
They waited until Sakora left and then rushed over to Rowen.

"We need to get him back to the house," Shinju said. "He's hurt worse than Ryo."

Sage and Kento carried him as they followed the girls out of the gates and into the woods heading for the house. Mia looked up as they entered and stood there as Shinju followed Sage and Kento up the stairs and into Rowen's room.

"What happened to him?" she asked Kiseki.

"Her Night Screen Strike was too much for him and he got slammed into the gate wall," Kiseki answered. "He's hurt worse than Ryo."

Soon Sage and Kento came back down the stairs.

"Shinju will help him," Sugoshi said. "She's got really strong healing abilities."

Shinju came down five minutes later. "He's resting. He hurt his ribs pretty good but I managed to heal them almost all the way."

They heard a noise and looked up to see Ryo standing there at the bottom of the steps.

"What happened?" he asked. "Where's Rowen?"

Their faces told him everything. "He's going to be okay though, Ryo," Sage assured him.

Ryo left to go back to his room, but he went over to Rowen's room and went in. Rowen was sound asleep in his bed, the covers drawn around him. Ryo left, shutting the door behind him, and started back to his room. White Blaze was stretched out on the bed asleep. Ryo went over and sat down at the window and looked out towards the woods. Downstairs, they were talking about some sort of strategy to use to free Cye and Sakora from Talpa's powers.

"I was thinking that if we used our attacks at the same time on Sakora, we should be able to free her from Talpa's mind control," Kirei said. "It might be the only way."

"Why don't you guys go get some rest and do that in the morning," Mia suggested. "It's getting late."

They agreed. The guys headed for their rooms while the girls crashed in the sparse bedroom. At the castle, Cye was still trapped in the castle tower with the spirits. He was more tired than he was and he didn't know how much longer he could make it.

"I hope the guys get here soon," he said to himself.

He heard laughter and turned to see Talpa standing nearby. "They'll come alright, Torrent. But they won't win. With the Warlords and Sakora, they won't stand a chance."

"We'll see about that Talpa," Cye said. "They won't give up that easily."

Talpa laughed and disappeared. The next morning, the guys were up earlier than usual. They were ready to invade Talpa's castle and free their friends. They set out for the castle just before dawn broke. What they didn't know was that Sakora was waiting for them inside the castle's gates. Sage and Kento were going to sneak in while the girls went right through the gates to find and Sakora and free her.

"We'll free Cye and get back out to help you guys if you need it," Sage said to Kiseki.

"Good luck my friends," Kiseki said as they disappeared through the trees. To the others girls, "Let's go."

They donned their armors and entered the castle's gates. Sakora stood there in her black armor.

"I see you've still haven't given up," she said. "NIGHT SCREEN STRIKE."

"Let's do it," Sugoshi said.

"STAR RIBBON CUT."

"SMOKE ENERGY BLAST."

"EARTHQUAKE SMASHER."

"CLOUD BURST."

With all four attacks fired at the same time, Sakora didn't stand a chance. She was hit hard and sent flying.

"Did it work?" Kirei asked Kiseki.

Sakora slowly got to her feet shaking her head. "What happened?" she wondered and then saw the others. "Kiseki, what's going on?"

"It worked," Shinju said. "We freed her from Talpa's control."

"Control? What are you talking about Shinju?" Sakora asked.

"You've been under Talpa's mind control for the past two weeks," Kiseki explained as they came over. "You've captured one of the Ronins and injured two of the others."

"What!?" she exclaimed. "I did all that?"

"Do you remember where they put Cye?" Kirei asked. "Sage and Kento, the two remaining Ronins are out looking for him now."

"He's in the upmost tower," Sakora said, then reached into her pocket. "What are these?"

"That looks like Ryo and Rowen's kanji balls," Kiseki said. "They'll be glad to get those back."

"I remember Talpa giving me these to make me more powerful or something," Sakora said.

"Well, let's go help the guys find Cye," Kiseki said.

Talpa watched from a window and he saw everything. "So, they've freed her from my control. They might have saved their friend, but they won't save Torrent."

He disappeared and reappeared in the tower. Cye could barely lift his head when Talpa appeared. Talpa unchained him and disappeared. Meanwhile, the girls had met up with Sage and Kento and headed for the tower.

"It won't be any good going up there," Talpa said appearing with Cye.