Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Saga of the Mystic Warriors ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
When the smoke cleared, Sakora was standing and Ryo was on the ground, without his armor. Sakora opened her hand and they saw Ryo's kanji ball that gave him his power.

"Two down, three to go," she said and disappeared.

Rowen and Sage were already helping Ryo to his feet. He was half-conscious and barely able to stand.

"Let's get him back to the house," Kento said. "We need to make another plan."

Once at the house, Yulie was up and was sitting in the kitchen when the guys came in with Ryo. He and Mia entered the living room in time to see Rowen helping Ryo up the stairs, and disappearing into Ryo's room.

"What happened?" Mia asked the others. "What's the matter with Ryo?"

"We were attacked by Sakora and Dynasty Soldiers and he tried to use his attack against Sakora's Night Screen Strike, which is very powerful," Sugoshi said.

"And the bad thing is, she's got his kanji ball," Sage said.

"How is he?" Mia asked as Rowen came back down the stairs.

"He's asleep," Rowen said. "He got hit pretty hard."

Back at the castle, Talpa appeared in front of Cye, who was still chained to the wall. His struggles had ceased after he grew tired of trying to break free of the chains that held him.

"Talpa," Sakora said coming in the room. "I have Ryo's kanji ball."

Cye's eyes widened at the news. Talpa went over and Sakora passed over the small ball that glowed red.

"Finally, the armor of Wildfire is mine," Talpa said. "Now I've got his and Ryo's, all I need is Hardrock, Strata and Halo and I'll be more powerful than ever."

"The others will stop you Talpa!" Cye yelled. "They won't give up until they've rescued me and gotten our kanji balls back."

Talpa motioned for Sakora to leave and approached Cye once again. "We'll see, Torrent," he said. "For now, I'm sending you to the top of the castle, where the netherspirits live. They'll keep you silent for now."

Before he knew it, he was in another room. Chains were around his wrists and ankles that were stretched out into hooks on the walls. The spirits swirled around him and the noise they made hurt his ears and he wished he could cover his ears. At the house, the others were getting ready to leave to save Cye and somehow free Sakora from Talpa's mind contro. Rowen had checked on Ryo, who was still asleep. Mia promised she would check on him and they all left.

"Mia, do you think they'll get Cye back?" Yulie said, coming in the living room where she was watching television.

"I'm sure they'll get him," Mia said. "Why don't you head for bed. I'm going to check on Ryo and then go to bed myself."

Yulie headed upstairs and a few minutes later, she heard him laughing. Going to investigate, she found White Blaze on top him, licking the boys face.

"Get off White Blaze," Yulie said.

White Blaze hopped off Yulie and disappeared again into Ryo's room. Yulie got up, wiping off slobber and disappeared into his room, shutting the door behind him. Mia shook her head and went into Ryo's room to check on him. Ryo was sitting at the window, looking outside. White Blaze was beside him and Ryo was rubbing the tiger's head.

"How are you doing Ryo?" Mia asked.

"Still a little shaky," Ryo said. "I can't believe she got my kanji ball. I mean, how was I to know that her attack would be more powerful than mine."

"You're lucky you didn't get yourself killed," Mia said sitting down on the other side of the tiger. "But they are going to get your kanji ball, Cye and Sakora away from Talpa."

Couple minutes later, Ryo got back into bed and was soon fast asleep, with White Blaze at his feet. Mia smiled and left the room, heading for her own room. Meanwhile, the others had entered the castle's gates and faced off against Dynasty Soldiers.

"Armor of Stars, dao rikou."

"Armor of Smoke, dao yorokobi."

"Armor of Earth, dao kouun."

"Armor of Air, dao yukai."

From the tower where they had Cye, he could see the battle that raged down below. A blast of light illuminated near Rowen and Sakora appeared in her black armor.

"Rowen," he tried to yell, but he knew it was no use, being up that high.

He cringed as vines entwined around his body and more of his life was sucked out of him. The spirits were going to kill him if the others didn't get to him soon. He felt like screaming, but no words came out. Down below, Rowen faced off against Sakora.

"NIGHT SCREEN STRIKE!"

"ARROW SHOCK WAVE!"

Rowen's attack didn't stand a chance against Sakora's. He was hit harder than Ryo. He went flying backwards into the gate walls hard. He slumped to the ground, unconscious. His armor disappeared and his kanji ball rolled out beside him. Sakora went over and picked it up. She whistled and they all disappeared.