Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend Of the Solar Whip ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"The Legend of the Solar Whip"
By Wildfire
Chapter Four



Sage sat next to Ryo's bed; he had survived, but he wasn't waking up. It had been four days since they had brought him in, and Ryo still had made no signs of waking up. All of them had come and visited him whenever they could, but right now Sage was the only one in there.


"Oh man, Ryo... please wake up!" Sage said, staring at Ryo, but Ryo didn't move at all. "Oh god, Ryo, you've got to wake up!! Mom says you'll probably survive if you just wake UP! PLEASE!" Ryo still didn't move. A tear ran down Sage's face; he hated seeing Ryo like this. He looked up as him mom walked through the door.


"Oh, Sage, you're still here? Haven't you eaten anything yet?" She walked over to him and lifted his head.


"I shouldn't have let him go, Mom! I had a bad feeling... and I just ignored it! I KNEW something was wrong!" Sage said, then turned his head away from his mom and back to Ryo.


"Sage, honey, there's no way you could have known, honey! You can't blame yourself for this; if anything, you saved him," she said as she brushed his hair out of his eye.


"Does that mean he'll live?" Sage asked, looking up hopefully.


"Oh, honey, I don't know! He might! But he's very hurt! But we should know in a couple days! All right?"


Sage sighed, then looked at Ryo. "He CAN'T die!! He can't!"


"I know... I know! So, where the other boys? They're always here!"


"They'll be here soon, they just had to go out for a while!" Sage said, looking at Ryo again. "He looks so lifeless, and helpless... Ryo's NEVER been helpless before!"


Mrs. Date went over to the machine, checked some things and wrote them down, put a hand on Sage's shoulder for a second, and then she walked out.


Sage didn't know how long he had sat there staring at Ryo when the door opened and Rowen walked in. "How is he?" Rowen asked as he took a seat on the other side of Ryo


"Same as always! Lifeless! Doesn't even move his fingers! Just lays there!" Sage looked at Rowen for a second, then looked out the window


Rowen sighed hard. "Where's Cye, and Kento? I thought they'd be here way before me!"


"Kento had to pick up Chieko from the airport... she got back today. I guess it been all that Chan has been talking about... Cye needed to stay with his mom and help her out... they'll be in later."


"Oh, yeah, I forgot Canny was coming back today... she's about seven, right?" Rowen asked.


"Yeah, I think so... I don't see how Kento can take care of them ALL," Sage said. "I can barely stand my little sis! I can't imagine taking care of FOUR!!"


Rowen looked down at Ryo's still form. "I wish he would wake up... I feel so guilty! I heard the guy coming... and I ignored it! ...I've become a awful warrior... a lazy one!"


"We all have! ...Ever since our last fight we've grown lazy!" Sage said, looking from the window to Ryo, then back at the window. "Except for Ryo... he didn't grow lazy! But he NEVER DOES!"


* * * * *


Daller walked past the hospital, smiling, then waved his hand and a man appeared. The man looked identical to Allen, even down to his very eyes.


"Okay, you are now known as Allen, you are supposedly dead... you are here to scare Wildfire, and keep an eye on Solar... understand?" Daller asked the man.


The man nodded, then walked away. Daller smiled big. "This is going to be fun!"


* * * * *


Chessica walked slowly down the street, her head down. She had just gotten out of some counseling thing she was forced to go to... she hated it!


"Hey, cutie," came the low voice of a man.


Chessica quickly looked up and saw a very tall man with dark brown hair. "Oh, hi, Daller. What are you doing down here?"


"Oh, nothing, just been wandering about! I saw ya and thought I'd say hi... so how's the family thing going? They any better?" Daller asked her, smiling as her face went even sadder.


"No, they only talk about that Ryo kid... I don't know what's wrong with him, but it's getting old!"


"Ryo? Ryo Sanada?" Daller asked, still smiling.


"Yeah... do you know him, Daller?" Chessica asked, looking up at him.


"Yeah, he's a real jerk if you ask me! I heard he hits girls too!" Daller said, watching her every move.


"He hits girls? He seemed so... nice!" Chessica said, looking shocked.


"That's how it starts... he's really nice, then when you won't go with him he'll hit you. He gets quite violent from what I hear! I'd stay away from him!!" Daller told her, setting a hand on her shoulder. "What are you doing out this late, anyway? It's almost eight! This city isn't safe! Come on, I'll walk you home!"


Chessica smiled at him. "Thanks!"


Daller took Chessica's arm and guided her towards the house.


* * * * *


Rowen walked slowly back home; he felt awful. He looked up at the sky, wondering what was going to happen. Rowen suddenly whirled around and saw about a hundred Dynasty soldiers growling at him, ready to attack. Rowen immediately put on his subarmor and bashed one of the Dynasty soldiers in the face. He turned around and kick one in the face, knocking the helmet off of him.


A Dynasty soldier kicked Rowen back into a tree; he grunted as the tree broke. He slowly stood up and started to fight again, but there were too many of them and he was quickly overpowered. Rowen fell to the ground, gasping for breath. "This is it... I'm going to die!"


He closed his eyes, but nothing happened. He opened them and the Dynasty soldiers were gone and he was alone. Rowen slowly stood up, still looking around. "What was that all about?" He quickly got up and ran towards his house, needing to call one of the guys.


* * * * *


Tina had packed her bags and was looking out the window. She had to see Cye again; she had to know if what she felt was the same thing he felt, or if he thought she was just another girlfriend. She looked down at her train ticket; she would have to leave soon. She had left a note for Brittany and Chi Chi, telling them where she had gone and why.


There was only one thing left to pack, her little puppy, Niou. She had only got him a couple of days ago, and so far he had chewed up her favorite slippers, popped a hole in her air chair, and broke tons of other things. But he was still a cutie. She gently picked him up off the bed - he was black with a brown face - and she put him in a kennel so she could take him on the train.


* * * * *


He stood there alone in the dark, just watching a glimpse of light up ahead of him. He could hear a voice. They were crying over him. Ryo bit his lip, trying to decide what he wanted to do. If he went back, he would wake to that awful feeling of pain and torment of his terribly abused body. But if he died, he would leave all of his friends behind with the burden of pain of missing him.


He could hear a voice; it sounded like Sage's. He was begging him not to die, to wake up. But it was so hard for him! He was tired of pain! Tired of fighting! What was the use?


He suddenly felt selfish. He couldn't leave them! He was their friend, their leader! Without him, or any of them, evil could spread to the world and destroy it! He wanted to wake up! The problem was, he wasn't sure how.


* * * * *


Rowen ran as fast as he could, heading for home. Several thoughts were running wildly through his head. Why had the Dynasty soldiers suddenly appeared and attacked? And why had they suddenly left him alone without killing him when they had the chance? It didn't make any sense to him at all. Unless... unless they were only keeping him busy while something else was happening elsewhere! The more he thought about it, the more he felt as if something terrible was about to happen. He began to run faster, desperate to get home as fast as he could.


* * * * *


Kento sat in an airport chair. His sister's plane was two hours late, and still not here. He was tired of waiting. He waited to go back to the hospital. He wanted to see Ryo. But he did promise his parents that he would pick Chieko up. Kento tapped his foot in an annoyed way and shoved another chip into his mouth.


"Flight two-seventeen is now arriving," Kento heard some lady say on the loudspeaker. He sighed and stood up. That was Chieko's flight, and it came not a moment to soon.


A little girl, with big curls in her hair, came running down the hall and jumped into Kento's arms. "I missed ya, you big oaf!" the young girl shouted. "How's Chun? You still calling her Chan?"


"Yes, I am... come on, let's go get your stuff and take ya home," Kento said, setting the little girl down.


* * * * *


Sage bit his lip as tears streamed down his face. He was really frightened that Ryo would die soon, and he felt as if his entire world were crashing down on him all at once. What would they do if they lost him? He closed his eyes, not wanting to believe that Ryo would die, but he kept seeing those awful images of Ryo's funeral, everyone dressed in black as he laid in that coffin, tears on every face as they said goodbye.


He suddenly thought he heard a voice, saying that he had been lost, and snapped his eyes open in a panic. When he saw Ryo still lying still on the bed, and no one else, he became relieved a little. Ryo was still there, and that voice had only been his imagination. Wait, what was that? Was that movement? Sage looked closer at Ryo, studying his fingers closely, waiting, holding his breath. Long moments passed by... nothing happened.


He let out a disappointed sigh and continued to watch. Sage started to sing quietly to himself. "I never knew how much you meant to me until that very day. I always used to look at you, never knew how much pain you've had. I'd give anything to take it all away. I'd do anything to make you feel better. I don't want you to leave, you're like a brother to me."


A tear trickled down Sage's face and fell right on Ryo's forehead; the warrior of light collapsed to his knees beside Ryo's bed and cried softly.