Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend Of the Solar Whip ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five
The Legend of the Solar Whip
By Wildfire




Ryo lay motionless on the hospital bed, Rowen sat next to him watching his chest rise and fall. He was the only one there with Ryo. His mind kept going back to those few weeks where they all seemed to hate Ryo, even now when he looked back he couldn't see why they were so mean to him. They should have seen something was wrong with him. They should have known Ryo wouldn't just blow them off like that.


Ryo moans a little in his sleep, and Rowen jerks back to realty he stares at his friend in hope. He watches him closely and soon Ryo's eyes start to flicker open.


Rowen sighs in relief "Hey.."


"Wh... where am I?" Ryo asks, his voice shaky and strained. He looks around a little, trying to get his eyes to focus something, anything.


"The hospital..." Rowen told him gently while he press's the button for the nurse.


"Why?"


"Alen.. found you..." He tells Ryo his voice soft and steady.


Ryo nodes a little and looks around again "where is everyone?"


"Out... they'll be here soon though... really soon when they found out you've woken up..."


Ryo nodes again, and soon slips back into a dreamless sleep.

***

~Two days later~

Kento sits in his History class, tapping his pencil on the desk. He really hadn't been listening to anything that had been said, he wanted to go home. Ryo has the possibility of being released today and he wanted to be there when they found out. He had been doing much better, he was starting to be able to stay awake for longer than five minuets now.


Kento sighs and looks at his watch again, twelve thirty-two he still had ten minuets to go and than he had to go to lunch and after lunch he only had three more periods than he could go home, do his chores and go see Ryo. He looks over at the longhaired girl, Chessica, she had started school today, and she seemed to be as popular with the boys as Sage was with the girls.


"Mr Rei Funn?" The female teacher suddenly said, Kento looks up at her "Well you please continue the reading?"


Kento looks down blankly at his book "amm where are we?"


"Miss Aida well you please show Mr. Rei Funn where we are?" The teacher asks the girl, the girl was the same that Kento had seen staring at him, in the lunchroom.


The girl jumps a little and blushes at Kento her short, black, hair framing her face. She leans over and turns a couple of pages on Kento's book than points to a spot.


"Thanks..."Kento mumbles at her, feeling a little stupid for spacing out like that.


"You may start now Mr. Rei Funn!" The teacher's eyes showed anger and frustration.


Nodding, Kento starts to read, once in a while looking over at the short haired girl.


After class Kento quickly grabs his books and heads for the door, not even noticing a peace of paper he had dropped.



Kento walks into the lunch room and finds Rowen talking on Sage's cell phone, "any news?"
Rowen waves at him with his hand than plugs his ear, "ahh huh... yes.. no... died... when he was little... yes... of course... actually me and my dad.... amm hm... of course... Yeah I understand.... not at all... ok than... bye" He hangs the phone up and sets it on the table.


"what the heck was all that about?" Kento asks, "and where is everyone else?"


"Getting there food... like you usually do... that was the hospital, they're going to release Ryo today, I need to have my dad go over there after school and pick him up, I guess he's been awake most of the day."


"That's good... right?" Kento looks around wondering what was taking the others so long.
Rowen laughs a little "yes Kento that's a good thing... people shouldn't sleep forever... Go get your food Kento.. the lines are starting to get long!"


Kento nods and turns to go up to the lunch lines than stops "hey Ro... we ever find any thing out about those Dynasty solders that attacked you?"


"No... they just came and left... for no reason that I can see... maybe they're just playing with us... maybe I imagined it all... I dono..." Rowen says and sighs heavily that was actually bugging him, and he wasn't sure what it meant.


Kento nods again and walks up to the lunch lines at the same time that the others walk to the table.


Sage tosses a bag of chips at Rowen and sits down holding his own bag of chips and a cookie. Cye sits down with a thing of fries and a slice of cheese cake.


"Hey Ro.. so what's the news?" Sage says opening his bag of chips and eating one.
"He's being released..." Rowen says smiling.


"Ohh thank goodness..." Cye sighs in relief, he really didn't like the hospital and was glad to see Ryo leaving.


"Ohh not again.." Rowen gestures over to a wall were a big kid all dressed in black was holding a smaller boy against the wall.


"That Drake.. again?" Sage asks already standing up.


"Yes it is.." Cye also stood up, but before they could intervene. Chessica walked up to the guy first. Sage immediately went closer to hear.


"And who are you to tell me to put this kid down? I need to eat too... why does he get to eat before I do? Are you saying he's better than me?" Drake yells at her.


Chessica calmly brushes her hair back "yes he is better than you... but that's not the point the point is it's his money and you well not be taking it! So if you could please let him go it would be much appreciated.."


"And WHO is going to make me little girl? You? HA! I could give you a concision by barley punching you!"


"So what's stopping you? Or are you scared to fight someone who's about the same size as you?"


Drake immediately let go of the boy and walked straight up to her. "You saying I'm a chicken?"


Sage decided it was time to step in, even with the lessons he had been giving Chessica she was no where near ready to fight any one yet. "Drake... you go low enough to hit girls now?"


Drake whirls around and glares at Sage, but he had lost one to many times to him. He growls and stomps down the hall way, looking for a new victim.


***

Rowen sat by his computer, trying to find the Solar Whip again. He had tried several different ways but hadn't come up with anything. He started to look in the Ronin Warriors sites about the Ancient armers and myths about their armers. Most of the tales were way off from the tale the Ancient had told them, but that didn't matter that wasn't what he was looking for. Rowen sighs and rubs his eyes frustrated and tired, he decided to look into the Wildfire armer real quick because the person had updated on it, he wanted to see if any thing was new. He gasps when he see the Solar Whip on there, and decided he had better read the whole paragraph and see if it was any were else on it.


And though the Armer of the Wildfire and Inferno is indeed the strongest, it seems to only reach it's peak when the Solar Whip is with it. Threw every legend the bearer of the Wildfire armer and the Inferno armer has always been contacted to the bearer or the Solar Whip. No one is quite sure why this is, but the two magical forces are in some way drawn together. In some tales the two were related as a sibling or a cousin or even a parent. In others they have been lovers or just the best of friends. The Solar whip if often a very large help to the Wildfire armer for the Wildfire armer usually has a tough past, some times he or she may have been royalty (which isn't at all easy) or had an abusive parent or parents. Or the bearer my have seen a violent death of a family member in the past.


Rowen reread this passage for a few times than printed it out and went back, he had to see if the Solar whip was 'contacted' to anyone else. He clicks on the Halo name and waits tell the screen comes up than scrolls down, until running into the name.


The Halo armer is usually the one that well attract a person that is self displined and can be calm and rational in fights. However the Halo armer does seem to posses a short temper with the bearer of the Solar whip, in all the stories it talks about the Halo and the Strata armer having the most difficulties with the bearer. Though the Halo armer well never fight against the Solar Whip bearer. No one is sure quite the reason just as no one was sure for the other connection between the armers.


Rowen looks more on the page but found no more info, he prints that out as well and went to the next name. Strata, he looks that on over and soon discovers it says the same thing as the Halo on did and goes to the Hardrock one. He scrolls down on this page, and has to go to the second page, the owner of this site really liked the Hardrock armer and had the most info on it. He finally finds what he wants at the end of the second page and the beginning of the third.


The Hardrock is usually a sibling to the bearer of the Solar whip, or acts like an older sibling. The armer bearer usually can get over protective or unrashinal when coming to the Solar Whip bearer. In certain tales these feelings were mistaken for love, but they all ended quickly having neither the Hardrock or Solar Whip bearer happy. Hardrock has a tendency to fall in love with the enemy or a friend from around his or her town that the bearer had never really known before hand, the person may even be a new person that had just moved to his or her town. The new person is usually has something to do with the Moon Spears, I myself do not know or have ever heard of this weapon until now. And like all the other Armer bearers Hardrock well most likely live in his or her own town from birth to death. Though he or she has been known to travel, and stay in another place for a long period of time as a visit but not a home.


Rowen sigh and prints out what he has. The Solar Whip part wasn't really that long, this person seems to get off the subject a lot when writing. He goes back and clicks on the Torrent name. She didn't have much on the Torrents armer so it wouldn't be hard to find.


The Torrent bearer will usually be a passive person, but will usually have a good temper when needed. The Torrent armer doesn't usually think much of the bearer of the Solar whip just another fighter. However it is said the that, if all the Armer bearers are female the Solar Whip carrier well be male and if all the armer bearers are male than the Solar Whip carrier well be Female. No one has been able to understand why this is but in every story it has been the same. The Torrent bearer is never in the middle either, the bearer is either the oldest of the group or the youngest. Just like the Strata armer. The Torrent bearer well usually not want to fight as well.


Rowen stopped reading there and printed that out, the site owner jumped around a little to much for his liking. But now he at least knew the carrier was going to be female and Kento was going to like her and Sage and him wouldn't and Cye wouldn't care. Ryo would either be good friends with this person or more, that is unless he had a long loss sister that none of them knew about. He smiles looking over the page once more, it amazed him people would have sites about their armers. He often wondered what would happen if they found out the armers were not only real but in use again. He was about to call Sage when he looks at his watch and nearly curses he was suppose to be at the hospital to pick Ryo up half an hour ago, he quickly sign's off the Internet and grabs his coat and runs out the door.

***

Ryo sits in a wheel chair tapping his fingers on the arm rest, they had taken him down to the lobby to wait for Rowen and he still hadn't shown up. It wasn't like Rowen to be late (unless for school) and he was starting to get worried.


Rowen bursted threw the doors and sighs in relief when he see's Ryo sitting there. "I'm so sorry! I lost track of time..."


"What are those?" Ryo gestures to the papers Rowen held in his hand. Rowen looks down he had completely forgot he even still had these he had run from the house so fast.


"Info on that Solar whip thing," Rowen smiles a cooky grin at him "sounds like you may fall in LOVE!"


Ryo snatched the papers away with his good arm and started to thumb there them "nah, you got these from that site that is obsessed with me didn't you?"


"On the contrary I got these on the site that loves the Hardrock armer I didn't even go to the Wildfire web site.... maybe I should though" Ryo sets a small glare at him and Rowen laughs, "Let's get you home..."


"How come you dad couldn't pick me up?" Ryo asks looking up.


"Well when I called him he said he was sorry he had forgotten and had meetings all day..." Rowen looks down at the wheel chair and sighs "I guess you get a ride and I get to push!"


Ryo yawns and looks at him "so start pushing!" And Rowen did, though a little too fast for Ryo.

***

Cye grabs another pot and sets it in the, burner and takes another one out and places it in front of his mother along with three others. "hey mom don't you think you've MADE enough pots today... perhaps you should start panting them now?"


"Just one more dear, I haven't done this in so LONG. Can you get me that block of clay?" She knew he would of course, he would do any thing to make her happy. "And than perhaps you can go play with your friends? How is Ryo doing? Ok?"


Cye goes over and grabs the clay and sets it on the spinning wheal. "Ryo's doing much better, he's leaving the hospital today and is going to Rowen's he'll be staying there for a while."


"Ohh, Rowen's such a sweety I'm sure Ryo well be in good hands... Is Rowen's father going to be there more to help take care of Ryo?"


"Not likely Rowen well do it him self, with our help..." Cye told her watching and waiting.
His mom smiles a little "Ohh of course, but it really is to bad that his father doesn't spend much time with him... he's missing time he'll never be able to get back." She was about to go on when the door bell rang.


"I'll get it.. and don't lift any thing!" Cye says as he hurries up the stairs, he opens the door to find Tina standing there smiling.


"Hi Cye.. I was in town... I thought I ... may stop by... how are you?" She says in uncertain voice as Cye stood there shocked.


He quickly got a hold of him self though "I.. I'm good and you?"


"I'm good!" She says quickly and looks down.


Cye jumps and steps aside quickly "Come in.. come in"


Tina did and smiles at him. "you have a beautiful house.." Cye blushes bright red and nods.
Both of them stay quite for a few minuets than Cye straightened up "come on down you can meet my mom... she's really nice.." He than heads back down stairs with Tina right behind him "Mom?"


"Who was at the door hunny?" Came his mom's response.


"An old friend I want you to meet her.." Cye smiles at his mom who was already half finish with her pot.


"Her? Well bring her in Cye!" His mom says with a huge smile on her face.


He steps aside and Tina steps in, she bows as she comes in "I am honored Mrs. Mouri"


"well she's just like your friend Sage... there's no need for stuff like that around here.... do you live around here?"


"No ma'am I live pretty far away actually..."


"And where are you staying?" Mrs Mouri looks back down at her pot and starts shaping it a little differently than before.


"I.. I dono yet... I think the hotel in town." Tina says turning a slightly pink in the cheeks.
Mrs Mouri looks up at her "You don't know where your staying... Well you dear child you can stay here.. we have the room... and I won't take no for an answer!"


Tina blushes more and nods "But I have a puppy..."


"Ohh what kind? I personally would love to have a dog... but I just couldn't take care of it.." Came his mom's reply.


"Ohh he's a trouble maker that's for sure.." Tina laughs a little "But I'll take care of him and I'll pay for my way.."


"OHH nonsense you well not be PAYING me anything.. your payment can be to let my play with your puppy!"


Cye blushes a little watching the two talk. This is going to be interesting, was the only thing he could think of. Though he knew his mom would offer her house to any one, she was so trusting and willing to give even if she couldn't give. But he could always use the extra help, especially now that his sister was always out and about some where.


"Cye.. CYE?" His mom says looking at him.


Cye jumps "yeah?"


Mrs Mouri laughs "go help your friend bring her stuff in!"

He looks around and realizes she's not there any more and hurries up the stairs.

***

Sage sits at his kitchen table slowly picking at his food, Rowen was suppose to call when him and Ryo were home.


Chessica walks in through the door and looks at him "what's your problem?"


"I'm tired... and I want to go see my friend but I don't know if he's home yet..." Sage say looking up at her.


"So why don't you call them and find out?" She says 'duh' voice.


"Because, they need to figure things out and I dono.. I just can't... Ro said he'd call me and he well!"


Chessica sits down and smiles at him "Tell me how long have you known these four friends of yours?"


"I've known Rowen sense I was thirteen and I meet the rest of the guys at about fourteen, but it feels like we've been friends for so much longer..." Sage smiles a little to him self.


"Can.. can I ask you something?" She says carefully.


Sage looks at her, "yeah of course..."


"What's Ryo really like? I mean is he mean or something?"


"Ryo? Well he has a bad temper but he's the best friend you could have... he's the kind of guy that would give his life for a stranger at any time.... and if he's your friend.." Sage smiles and shakes his head "He's the best friend you could have, and he cares a lot. He would never turn his back on you... and if it looks like he is, it's most likely to protect you. I just wish I remembered that before!"


"What happened to him?" Chessica asks looking a little concerned.


"His foster family was abusive, and he wouldn't fight back for other reasons." Sage says with a little sigh escaping threw his mouth.


"Ohh, Sage... do you know a guy named Daller?" She asks wondering what they thought of him.


Sage looks at her sharply "WHO?"


She jumps her eyes wide "Daller.. he seems to know you guys and not like you... I just wanted to.."


He cut her off "Tall guy? Black hair?" She nods and he curses. "Chessica what has he been telling you?"


"nothing much, just little things. He doesn't really like you guys..."


"No.. I'm sure he doesn't! Listen you HAVE to stay away from him.... he's dangerous..." Sage's eyes were fully of worry, confusing and concern.


Chessica stands up "Listen, just because YOU don't like him doesn't mean I can't... he's nice to me.. and he's helping me out a lot. He's even going to help me find my past! He wants me to come live with him... and I almost have... twice! But I wanted to know what you think of him first! And now that I know it's just pety guys fighting... it won't matter!"


"Chessica NO, this is much worst that pety guy, grudges! This guy is dangerous.. and I don't know WHY he wants you but you have to stay away from him... you understand?"


"NO! You can NOT tell me what to do!" With that she ran out the door, in anger.


Sage was about the follow when the phone rang he picks it up and is relived to hear Rowen's voice, now they really had to talk.

***

Alex sat looking down at there motionless 'master' Trots. Daller appears behind him.
"Has she moved yet?" Daller asks in a low voice.


"No... perhaps she'll die?" Alex turns around a looks at him "I suppose if that happens you'll take control?"


"Well Of course.. neither you or Ryan could handle such a thing! I've already done all the work so far... now continue taking care of her!"


"What about the whip?" Alex asks quickly before Daller can leave.


"The Solar whip? Well it's as good as ours.. The bearer I have found and I have it wrapped around my finger..."


"Is the bearer male or female and our you sure you have the right one?"


"It's a female, and she is hot! And I'm POSITIVE it's the right one... she matches perfect and she was falling for Wildfire.. but I put a quick stop to that!" Daller chuckles a little to him self.


"Don't be to cooky Daller... she may still... she has in the past every time... I doubt you can keep them apart..." Alex says not at all sounding impressed.


Daller growls "I KNOW what I am doing! And Solar well be on our side soon! She is lost in her own thoughts and actions... in fact she's so lost she even thought she was falling for Hardrock for a while! I nearly laughed right at her face for that one... Ohh and I'm thinking the Moon Spears are going to start coming in attention with the Solar Whip..."


Alex sneers "Those weapons are just disgusting! And they'll usually pick some poor girl that's just sweet as a button! I had those things! At LEAST the Solar Whip picks some one with a back bone!"


"Yes but the Solar whip well also pick people so pretty or handsome it makes it quite hard to kill them if your the opposite sex... But if need be I well do it! I well not have the Ronin's get either the Solar Whip nor the Moon Spears! They well belong to the Dynasty or they well not be used at all!" Daller says and looks down at Trots and sneers again "and I plain on having Wildfire dead before she wakes up! She has grown to obsessed with him... and isn't thinking of the bigger battle!"


Alex smiles "of course... but if you can kill one Ronin why not kill them all?"


Daller pierces Alex with a nasty glare than disappears.

***

Cye walks up his stairs and gently knocks on a door.


Tina quickly gets up and opens it with a smiles "Yeah?"


"Do you need anything?" He asks quietly


"Nope I'm good just putting some stuff away..." She says as the little puppy slips threw her and the door and runs for the stairs.


Cye grabs the puppy by the musk of it's neck than gently picks it up "This the rascal?" He gently tickles the puppy's tummy and got a nipped in the finger for it, but he just laughs.


"Yeah this is Niou he chews on everything.." She says and sighs


"So get him a toy!" Cye says with a laugh.


"hmm I have, he tears the stuffing out of them! Than goes back to chairs and stuff!" She says a little in defense.


"So don't get him THAT kind of a toy get the rubber kind or the tug of war ones... and maybe a bone..." Cye says still playing with the puppy in his arms. "I can take you out to buy them if you want.. my mom doesn't care if I drive.."


Tina was about to say no and take her puppy but decided against it and nods "yeah I'd like that. Hey Cye.. is there something wrong with your mom? Like you seem to fuss over her... and stuff.."


Cye smiles a little and looks up at Tina "she has a heart problem... and needs to be watched..." He hands the puppy back. "Come and get me when you want to go get those toys.." with the he went back down stairs.

***

Sage sat in Rowen's house reviewing the papers he had found on this whip thing. Ryo was sound asleep on the couch, he had been awake when he had first gotten here but fell asleep soon afterwards. Sage sighs and looks up at Rowen "Are you sure about this stuff?" He says hitting the paper with the back of his hand and looking down at it.


"Well that site was the most accurate of all the Mystical Armer sites.... and it's not like that was the first time I read something on the Solar Whip just the first time I read something that had the Solar Whip and us in it..." Rowen says with a yawn than gets up and heads into the kitchen "you thirsty?"


"I'll take a tea" Sage says in an absent voice "Hey Rowen what's this Moon Spears stuff?"
"Not quite sure that's my next mystery after this one..." Rowen comes in and hands Sage his tea. "Do you think we know who it is?"


Sage laughs a little "no... but I well... it well just take me a few days to figure out which girls hang all over me.. that are really annoying and annoy the hell out of me... and if she annoys the hell out of you, and Kento and Ryo like her and Cye won't care... well than we'll have our girl won't we?"


"Sage... EVERY girl in our school hangs all over you! How are you going to find just one? And how do you know she well even go to our school? I mean we can't even be sure that information is all right... it may be a male we're looking for and the site owner got it wrong! It could be US that like her and Ryo and Kento that don't! Information can get screwed up..." Rowen sips on his juice a little and sighs. "I dono Sage... but if this whip thing does start..than that means fighting well be starting afterwards! And it couldn't be worse timing!" He looks at Ryo and sighs again "we have a leader that's temporally out of it!"


"yeah.. and we all know what well happen if we lose a fight cause he can't fight..."


"Guilt trip", they both say at the same time and smile at each other. They both turn around when a scratching is heard at the door.


Rowen frowns "that's funny.. there are no animals allowed in this building..." he stands up and opens the door and White Blaze trots in and promptly lays down by Ryo, not even bothering to look at the other two Ronin's.


"Should have known it was him... he would never leave Ryo for to long" Sage smiles and sips his tea, Rowen goes over and sits next to White Blaze and gently scratches his ear.


"Hey Sage... do you know of any other sites about the Mystical armers that has correct info? I want a second on this information... it's hard to trust just one site..."


"Not really... they all have there bad points... but if I were you just start checking them all.. if enough say the same thing, well than it must be true! It's common seance." Sage sips on his tea again, as he thumbing threw the papers.


"Well that is unless they all copied each other! Than they well all be the same.. but not absolutely true... you see what I mean?" Rowen looks at him, and raises an eye brow like it was common sense.


"Yeah I know what your saying... I dono... start checking fast before they have time to copy each other, that may work? Or you could try looking up these Moon Spears things.. I'm sure they're contacted to the Solar Whip... you may be able to get info for them and this... kill two birds with one stone!" Sage says hopefully, Rowen had a way, of always finding a way to turn down ideas for logical reasons that he never saw tell Rowen told him of them.


Rowen smiles a little "you know it's nearly impossible to actually kill two birds with one stone! But your other idea might just work.. I well try it tonight.."


Ryo moans in his sleep and his eyes slowly open and look around. Sage and Rowen look at him, waiting.

***

Kento sat doing his math home work and watching his two younger sisters play a video game.


"YOU CHEATED!" Chieko said standing up and throwing her controller down on the ground.


Chan stood up just as fast "DID NOT! YOU ARE JUST BAD AT THIS GAME!" Kento smiles to him self, Chan talked much more clearly when she was mad than she ever did when she was calm.


"Calm down you two... it's just a game! And I don't want ANY fighting today... understand?" Kento said piercing them with his older brother look.


Chieko crosses her arms "Just because YOUR life has NO meaning doesn't mean WE have to be perfect angels! If you don't like the way your life is going than DON'T blame US!"


Kento smiles again, "us is it? Alright than Chieko I won't blame you for my boring life!" He thought that was what she was saying. He wasn't quite sure, Chieko sometimes didn't make sense in her arguments.


"I am NOT saying your life is BORING.. you don't have a life to be BORED with! All YOU do is eat and go 'hang out' with your friends! Your a BUM go get a job why don't you?!" She puts her hands on her hips trying to immediate their mother.


"You get a job first than I'll get one! I promise! And plus I also practice Kendo... so therefore I do have a life!" Kento smiles and goes back to his math problems.


"I DO have a job I help MOMMY with the dishes! And she says I do such a good job that she even PAYS me! Fifty cents every day I help!"


Chan looks at Kento and smiles "She pays Chieko in two coins! I get THREE! Two small ones and a big one!"


Chieko sighs and puts on her stern face "you get twenty-five cents! I get fifty I get more! Your just to young to understand...maybe some day when your my age you'll understand important stuff like this.. though it's not easy and not everyone can do it! I'm very advanced I can even count beyond one hundred!"


"Really?" Chan looks quite excited about this "Can you teach me?"


Kento really didn't hear the rest he was desperately trying to do his math homework but didn't understand any of it, he hated math. He was however surprised when a little girl crawled into his lap with her eyes full of tears. "Chan what's wrong?"


"Chieko won't teach me how to count to one hundred!!" She than starts to cry, Kento shakes his head and looks around and notices his other little sister was gone. The truth was Chieko may not have really known how to count to one hundred and didn't want her sister to know.


"Hey calm down, little girl!" He tickles his little sister's stomach, and was rewarded by a laugh "If you really want to learn I can teach you how! But you'll have to wait I really need to finish this math homework..."


Chan hugs her older brother around the neck than jumps down "OK... I'm going to go play in my room until your ready! Call me when you are! I'll be waiting VERY patently! I promise.. You just call my name and I'll come right down ok? I'll be in my room!"


Kento nodes and the little girl runs off. He sighs heavily than goes back to his homework again, it was due tomorrow and he wouldn't get a chance to see Rowen before his math class so he had to figure it out him self. He would most likely get them all wrong but at least he tried.

***


Chessica walks slowly threw the park, Sage had really gotten mad at her about this whole Daller thing. Is Daller dangerous? What is really going on... no one in school has ever even heard of him... yet he had claimed to go there at one time.. is he lying to me? And if so why... he just seems so nice... why would he lie? Why would he lie to me? Sage seemed really concerned that he wanted me at all... why? I mean that must mean he doesn't go with many girls if Sage was that surprised about me... maybe he's gay? But than why would he want me? These thought ran over and over in Chessica's head, but she couldn't figure anything out. She was starting to wish she hadn't run away from Sage like that though. She turned to head home and ran smack into Daller. "D-daller? What are you doing here?"


"What your not happy to see me?" Daller smiles a wide smile at her. "I should ask you the same thing... it's getting late. You shouldn't be out this late... it could be dangerous!" His eye seemed to flicker, with something dangerous.


She watched him as he seemed to be concerned about her, but at the same time there was something in his eyes. Something untold, something hiding, lurking. "I was thinking... Sage and I got in a fight.."


Daller nods "yeah I hear he has a pretty bad temper or used to.. I hear he used to steal money from younger kids until he got in trouble and was forced to stop." He says while brushing his hair back with his hand.


"Steal money? But the other day he helped me protect a kid from getting his money stolen.." Chessica starts to notice little things about Daller, a flick of his eye before he said something, the way he brushed his hand threw his hair when he said something that sounded way off. No he was a good liar, just not THAT good, she wanted to hit her self for not seeing it all before.


"Did he really? Well I'm not surprised like I said ever seance he got in trouble for it, he's tried to prove to everyone that he's a changed person.. if you know what I mean. I however think it's all just an act!"


"Why.. would you say that? Don't you think people can change? Maybe he has?" She says slowly and carefully.


Daller laughs "yes people can change but he has TOO much power... and he's a power hungry person... I mean if he would ever find out that you've been talking to me.. he'd flip and say I'm a dangerous person.. and blady blae..." He laughs a little "I was the only person who could match him in combat... and that is one reason why he hates me so much!"


"Who else knows you at school besides Sage and the guys?" Chessica says quickly.


Daller frowned at the 'and the guys' statement usually it was 'and the others' or and 'his friends' when referring to the other Ronin's, this statement said she was with them in a way. "Lots of people... Mr Anderson, Tiffany Allison.." He proceed to name off people that she had never heard of. But she made a mental note to find these people and ask about him.