Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ The Letter ❯ devotion, dementia and demons ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing of the Yoroiden Samurai Troopers/ Ronin Warriors.
 
 
 
 
The Letter
devotion, dementia and demons
by: wingsofsakon
 
 
 
It had nearly been a week since the letter had arrived. Shin spent most of the time by himself in his thoughts. He regretted so many things and yet he knew that there really wasn't anything he could have done about it. Still… it weighed his heart.
 
So he sat at the table in the office. Where he thought letting the emotions out by words would help. But he sat there looking at blank pieces of paper unknowing of what his fingers were doing: as they stripped, ripped and tore at paper. One piece to another as they all got smaller and smaller.
 
But it all faded with a jolt of an excited voice in the other room, yelling out. Informing the others that Seiji had arrived. Shin felt a streak of; fear, excitement and joy run through his body. He could feel himself start to tremble and took a few breaths.
 
He closed his eyes and let the others greet him first. Hopefully until he retired to his room they readied for him. He didn't want to be face to face with him yet. Not yet, he hadn't found enough courage to even calm down.
 
Shin listened to noises coming from the other room. There were loud bursts of laughter and quiet moments. There was rustling about and waves of thuds. Which had to of been them as they brought in his luggage and showed him how much they missed him. It all slowly started to fade as the night was brought on.
 
He knew that they had to have gone off to bed one by one. So, he sighed and stood from his chair. Stretching his limbs with a slightly gleeful sound at its refreshing sensation. Noticing the hand made confetti. He slid the pile into his palm and threw them away. And quietly made his way into the kitchen for a late night snack before he found his own bed.
 
Looking into the fridge he made a distasteful sound and closed it again. He shook his head and decided that going with out was better than going through the hassle of making an actual meal. Since that's all there was. Nothing quick and easy… everything had to be made all together. With that he headed off to bed.
 
Knowing the house so well he didn't bother turning on any lights and walked through it by memory. With every light step he let his hand glide against the walls softly. They all had their own feel: As the wallpapers were different in each area of the house. He had become used to doing this quite often. He loved being up at night.
 
It felt free and it felt like this had become his sanctuary. Sometimes it even felt like an adventure. This was the time it was only him and he treasured that precious time. The thought brought a smile to his face as he made his way closer to the stairs.
 
Although, his world was broken when his foot hit something out of place. Making his mind go in wonderment as he felt his shoulder hit the wall realizing he was falling. He let out a lost and hurt grunt. Which was silenced as his head hit the edge of something and everything spun with a shade of white.
 
When he started to finally come back. He squinted his eyes trying to open them. Some one had turned on a light and he could hear some one's voice at first softly. As he came around more he could make out a blurred vision of gold. With fingertips softly stroking the side of his cheek.
 
“Shin… Shin” It was Seiji sounding more and more concerned. “Shin… are you alright?? Wake up.” He sternly commanded.
 
Still slightly confused Shin could feel part of his body start to come back to his control. And lastly his eyes and voice. “….Seiji?”
 
“Yes… are you alright??” He asked again. “You sure know how to beat yourself up.” He added.
 
Shin looked around a bit confused as to what happened. Last time he knew nothing was there.
 
Seiji slid his hand under the nape of the other's neck and softly pulled him closer. Making him look into his eyes. “Hey, are you sure you're alright??”
 
Shin took a moment to process the question. “Ahh… yeah, I'm fine… I think.”
 
Seiji ran a finger over a slightly bruised cheekbone. “I have to apologize. I thought everyone had gone to bed. Or I wouldn't have left my suitcase in the way.”
 
The slightly sleeker warrior caught him-self starting to enjoy their placements and pulled away. Acting as though everything was all right. “What are you doing down here anyway?” Shin asked standing up. Using the wall as a crutch.
 
Shin noticed a slight moment of quietness from Seiji before he responded. “I was just so tired from the trip. That I thought I would just spend the night on the couch. And put things away in the morning. That's all. And why are you down here?”
 
“… It doesn't matter does it, really.” Shin said holding the side of his head carefully. “I was just heading off to bed. That's all. Why would you leave your suitcase in the middle of the hallway?? You know it's dangerous.” The blonde crossed his arms listening to him. “Some one could get hurt… In fact some one did.” Shin added.
 
“… So, I come home and all I get from you is a lecture?? I was just trying to help you and you haven't even said thank you yet.”
 
Shin eyed him over a few times and the thought crossed his mind. “Thank you? I bet you put it there on purpose just to get me to say `Thank You'.” He said watching for his response. “Which also makes me wonder why you're being so nice to me.”
 
Seiji slightly flicked his hair to the side at the accusation. “I see you're still good at conspiracy theories, full of drama as usual. Why would I do something like that? You act as though I was out to get you. And I just got back… What's next? Are you going to tell me what weapon I will use to murder you? Or where I should hide your body??”
 
Shin wasn't sure if he was actually asking him or just shooting back the attitude. “… I'm sorry. I guess I am just tired… and my head hurts now.” He said as he winced a bit. “Besides… “ He started to say stopping before he added the rest. Worried slightly about the letter.
 
“Besides what?”
 
“Nothing… I don't know what I was thinking… “
 
“Liar… tell me.” He said softly.
 
“... The letter you sent… was a bit disturbing… I guess. I just, didn't know how to react… that's all. But like I said before… I am sorry, Seiji.”
 
Seiji looked a bit confused for a moment then reached out and gently pulled him close to him. “What's going on in your pretty little head?” He asked like a lost lover as he softly ran fingertips through his auburn hair trying to relax him. “Come on… let's get some ice on that before it effects your brain entirely.” Shin let himself relax as the blonde guided him to the couch keeping him within his arms.
 
Shin could feel himself slowly starting to enjoy the warmth of the other's body and the slight smell of his light cologne. He liked the feel of his frame hiding under the silk fabric. And for a moment forgot there was a blunt pain pulsing at the side of his head.
 
“Here you go...” Seiji said as he sat him down carefully. “I'll go get an ice pack.” He added as he pulled the couch throw over him.
 
Shin sat there a moment revisiting what had just happened. All it managed to do was confuse him more.
 
`This wasn't the same Seiji that must of wrote the letter… what?… Either Seiji had taken up another personality or he didn't write the letter. Right?? Or did he write the letter and is just pretending like it was made up. And nothing has upset him…. Or… he's pretending to pretend it was made up in order to throw me off track… Maybe I was wrong… No, I held it in my hands. It was his handwriting. Then why is he being so nice, huh?? Is it just an act to throw me off??? But it's not like him to just -leave- something out of place either… or decide to take the pull out instead of the bed. Which happens to only be a few more feet away. Damn it!… what the hell is going on???? My head hurts…' He thought as he held the ache in his palm waiting for Seiji to get back.
 
Seiji returned with an ice pack and a hot cup of tea. “Here… “ He said as he gave him the ice pack and set the cup on the end table. Then sat next to him yet keeping his distance. Leaning his head back with a sigh.
 
Shin watched him relaxing next to him for a long moment. It was slightly odd to seem him again after him being gone for so long. In a way it was a relief and in another he still carried the guilty conscious of hurting him. He was afraid he had lost him completely. That he would never let him back in, but his actions said everything was fine. It was nice, yet… still confusing. The blonde was never really easy to read. He could be so kind… when he decided to show it.
 
Shin smiled slightly as he looked him over. He couldn't remember him looking as good as he did at the moment. Perhaps, it was just the long absence that made it that way, but he didn't care. He was just happy to be able to look at him again. But the moment was tainted with the thought of what happen before he left.
 
“Seiji… “ Shin said quietly.
 
“Hmm… ?” Seiji asked in return still in his relaxed state.
 
“…. I am sorry… I never got a chance to-“
 
“Shhh… “ The blonde cut him off abruptly. “It's in the past Shin… nothing we can do to change it.”
 
Shin kept his eyes on him for a moment. Not sure if he should continue to apologize or not. So, he decided to just change the subject. “… I am glad you came back.”
 
Seiji opened his eyes and looked at him. “Really?… I didn't notice. You weren't here to greet me when I arrived. What was so important you couldn't say hi?”
 
“… I-I wasn't ready, to … face you yet.”
 
“Face me?? What are you talking about now?” He asked sitting up. “Wait, no… I am too tired to get into that subject right now. But I will expect you to explain everything tomorrow.” He said with a slight smile and returned his head to the couch.
 
Shin smiled slightly and automatically changed position. Gently leaning against his comrade's chest. Letting the comforting scents and feel of him engulf him. Letting out a quiet sigh as the blonde's hand slid into his hair and an arm around him. Making him slightly tremble as it soothed him.
 
Shin softly let a hand caress the other's thigh as he let him hold him. Making the blonde's breathing shift slightly as he let his fingertips slowly roam higher up the fabric of his thigh. Wondering how far Seiji would allow him to go. Before making him move his hand. In a mixture of curiosity and want he let his fingertips brush against the slight bulge forming under constricting pants. Getting a soft sound from the blonde for his efforts.
 
Shin gently mouthed the fabric at his comrade's chest and softly whispered. “I missed you so much… “
 
Not getting a response he noticed that Seiji hadn't continued to let his hand roam through his hair. Making him look up at him. And sighed realizing that he had fallen asleep. He wondered just when he had done so… but took what he could and just let the other hold him. It was enough to ask for that.
 
He closed his eyes as well and relaxed as he let it guide him to a peaceful sleep. Pushing away all thoughts of the letter to the side for the moment. And tried to jail out all suspicions of his secret golden angel.
 
 
 
 
 
Continue to next Chapter -