Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ The Letter ❯ lets meet in despair ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing of the Yoroiden Samurai Troopers/ Ronin Warriors.
 
 
 
The Letter
lets meet in despair
by: wingsofsakon
 
 
Shin woke up with his arm knocking off the ice pack from the couch. He sat up remembering the night before. For a second he looked around for Seiji, but at the moment he couldn't even find the others. He got up wrapping the throw around himself. Keeping the cool evening air from waking him up too harshly. And he wondered just how he managed to waste an entire day sleeping.
 
He scanned the lower house and it was empty. He quickly peered out the windows at different sides of the house. Finding that no one was outside. Then made his way upstairs. Where it seemed to be a little too quiet. He made his way passed Shuu and Ryo's room. In the quietness he thought he could hear tears from a familiar room.
 
Shin slightly opened the door to Touma's room and saw him lay there twisted in his sheets and covers. Concerned he stepped closer to see what was the matter. The moonlight barely shined through his curtains and hid his slight shivers of his frame.
 
“Touma… “ Shin said softly getting sudden silence as a response. “Touma… “ He said a little louder. Shin took a seat next to him and set his hand on his hip softly. “What's wrong??”
 
Touma laid facing away from him and didn't move at first still in silence. It took a few moments for him to take his hand and lay it on top of Shin's softly.
 
“Touma… are you all right?“ He asked not moving his hand. “Did something happen??… “ Shin sat there in thought for a while.
 
A more than quiet voice said Shin's name. Then the archer's slender frame rolled over to look at him. “I… I am not angry. Not anymore… “ Deep blue eyes held hurt and fear as he looked on at him. “I, I have known for a long time… don't keep secrets. Don't keep yourself from me!” Touma slightly yelled as he plunged to Shin's waist crying deeply.
 
Shin held him tightly and slightly rocked him. “shh… I have always been yours… “ He whispered. “It's always been you first… I promise… no more secrets.” Shin said trying to console his lover.
 
Touma clung to him as tightly as he could. Trying to make sure he wouldn't fade from his vision. “I will never understand the two of you.” He sobbed almost incomprehensively. “Do you really think so little of me: that I would tear apart the middle of you? I should of - should of stopped it… “ Touma sat up and was staring at the foot board. “Or… approved it. BUT I should of never pretended not to know!” He said hitting the sheets.
 
Shin watched on not sure what to think. Watched him sit there in silent thought for a long moment and wipe his tears away. Finally, Shin spoke carefully. “Touma… I don't really understand what's going on… “ Only getting no response.
 
“Fools… the both of you.” Touma said with a slight hindered breath. “Fools… “ He added quietly as more tears escaped.
 
Shin was shocked out of the scene as he heard the creak of the floor at the door. Looking up he saw the blonde standing there watching them with a soft look upon his face. Seiji made a quiet motion, indicating Shin to follow him. So, the water warrior got up hesitantly and followed him out to the hallway. Shutting the door behind him.
 
“You told him… didn't you Seiji?” Shin said quickly. “I knew your kindness act was all just a cover up.” Shin said as he pushed him back a bit.
 
“Will you stop it!” Seiji said as he caught his balance. Stepped forward and pinned him to the wall. “You are making way too many assumptions little one. I have always been honest with you and my kindness to you has never-never been an act. So don't you dare try to act like it wasn't.” The blonde said releasing him. “Now look… we need you.”
 
Shin rolled his eyes and huffed slightly. “You're no help. You just make things worse.” Shin said as he waved his hand at him in a bratty way and started to walk off. He could hear Seiji calling his name as he followed him to the front door. Ignoring him the entire way.
 
Half way to the dock Shin was abruptly stopped. When Seiji caught up to him enough to slide a foot in front of his. Making him stumble a bit and stop to catch his balance. “Stop being this way I need to talk to you.” Seiji said as he watched him.
 
“Why should I? Hmm, you have been playing with me since you got back. You're nuts… no, there's something else wrong with you. So stay away from me.” Shin said as he continued on his way.
 
Seiji followed him to the dock anyway. Grabbing his wrist tightly as the reached the middle of it. “ Now, will you listen to me? Just listen, Okay?” Shin glared in response.
 
“I didn't tell Touma anything, I promise. I came back because I need you… I need you and Touma… with out the both of you. There's nothing left for me. There is, but it's so little… “ Seiji said trying to think of his next few words. Letting what he already said sink into the other's head.
 
“You're still denying that you said anything to him? There's no way he would of known unless you told him. And don't speak to me of promises, Seiji. Where were you when I needed you? WHERE??“ He said jerking his hand away.
 
Seiji looked at him with a glimpse of hope. “I was always with you, Shin. Damn it why do you have to be stubborn??”
 
“Just stop this Seiji. It's too late… I don't want you anymore. You send me threatening letters. Destroy what I had left after you left… after you PROMISED that you would never leave. I told you when we started seeing each other that Touma would ALWAYS be first and for most. Knowing that you still thought that I would change my mind. Well, I am changing my mind now… I don't… want … you.” Shin said cruelly.
 
“….You never understand just what your words mean to me, to any of us. Do you? I never sent you a cruel letter. I never sent you a letter so I don't know what the hell you're thinking. If you got one, it wasn't me. Yes, I admit that I had a hope somewhere, that you would put me first… at least once. I never left you, Shin… you left me.” Seiji said trying his best to keep his broken heart hidden. How many times do we have to go over this?!”
 
“Until You Know Your Place!!” Shin scolded. “How dare you mess with my emotions like this. How dare you pretend that you didn't send that. And how could you tell me that it was me that left. Just what did you say to Touma? He's broken Seiji. BROKEN!!”
 
Seiji tried to control his frustration. “… I didn't do anything to him. I didn't send anything…. And I never played with your emotions. And what place are you talking about Shin?? Is there even a place for me?? Had there ever been one?? You made me feel like I was a side dish, a toy: Just something to play with when Touma wasn't around. If anyone has a right to be angry it's me.”
 
In frustration Shin gave Seiji a strong push. Making the blond grab the other's sleeve taking him with him into the nightly waters. With a splash the two started to fight as they went to the bottom.
 
When the waters stirred up too much mud and dirt hands disappeared. Seiji struggled his way to the surface. Reaching the top with a gulp of air. He treaded looking for Shin. It took a moment to realize that through the misty moonlit water tops. That Shin hadn't reached the surface.
 
In a panic he dove back to the bottom. Only to see the sediment they had disturbed. He searched for a moment and returned to the surface calling out his name. Hoping he turned up when he went down. He called out a few more times and returned to the dark waters.
 
He repeated his actions a few more times, only to find nothing for his efforts. Back again in the dark of the cold waters. He found nothing again but the slowly settling sediment. He calmed himself slightly trying to clear his thoughts. Hoping that he would find the bond that kept them tied like rope.
 
He held his breath as long as he could, until he saw a very slight reflection of light off of Shin's shirt. He reached out grabbing his arm. He had to use all his body to get him to move. Making him realize he must have been caught on part of a dead tree. With a good yank he broke free. And pulled him so he could get a better grab. It was then that some one else's hand pulled Seiji by the shirt. Dragging both of them to the surface.
 
Seiji realized it was Touma who was dragging them to shore. He must of felt the distress or heard the panicked cries. Reaching shore Seiji weakly pulled Shin further up the bank by the ripped shirt. Touma fell to his knees catching his breath.
 
As the other two showed up at the shoreline. Seiji did his best to revive him: exhausted from fear and frustration. Ryo ran off to the phone as soon as he realized the situation. Seiji finally just held onto him. Muttering in sobs, rocking him. And listening to the loving confessions of the blonde… Touma felt his heart break for more than one reason. Shuu tried to help but was batted away by Seiji. And scolded him not to touch him. It took all three friends to get Seiji to release Shin to the ambulance.
 
From then on things weren't the same. Touma stayed in his room most of the time. Shuu and Ryo tried to pretend like every day was like any other. And Seiji….
 
 
 
Continue to next Chapter -