Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Where Hearts Meet ❯ Where Hearts Meet 06 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Where Hearts Meet
Chapter Six

Shin sat in his room. Where he muffled his cries and tears with a pillow. He was thankful Shuu stayed down on the couch for another night. The last thing he wanted was him, trying to comfort him: let alone see him in this state.

The morning light was just starting to shine through the blinds in the room. If it weren't for that, he wouldn't have noticed how long he was there. He unfolded his knees and let his legs hang over the edge of the bed. He could start to feel the effects of crying and was desperately doing his best to ignore it. So, he lay back on the bed and let his head rest as he shut his eyes.

"Shin… " It was Ryo. Heard at barely a whisper.

"Hm?" Shin asked not moving and not wanting to deal with anything else at the moment.

"You hate me don't you? After everything we had. All I ended up doing was hurting you." Ryo said taking another step closer after shutting the door. Knowing very well he could be provoking the untamed bull.

"In a nut shell, I'd say you got it, Ryo. Congrats."

"Please, no sarcasm. I need it strait, Shin and I don't want to fight."

Shin sat up and looked at him. Figuring that he was serious: he let him have a seat on the bed.

"What's on your mind?" Shin asked folding his knees once again and sat against the headboard.

"I need to know where I stand with you."

Shin fought back the sarcasm and tried to think right. "As you always have."

"Which is?"

"You're Ryo."

"C'mon… what's that suppose to mean? I said no sarcasm."

"I'm not being sarcastic, Ryo. It's like this. What ever some one means to them… that's who they are… " Shin thought a second through his headache. "Or some thing like that any way."

"And what am I to you then?"

"My comrade, my friend, my brother… some one I care for."

Ryo felt his hope slip away along with the rest of what little nerve was left.

"Ryo… what's wrong now?" Shin asked in a soft tone seeing the expression that faded onto his face.

"Ah, it's nothing. Thanks, I just needed to hear it." Ryo said as he started to get up to leave, but was stopped by Shin's grasp on his muscle shirt. Pulling him gently back to where he was sitting.

"If I believed that. Every thing I just said was a lie. Don't you see me as a friend anymore?"

"Yes."

"Then don't lie to me like that. Some thing's bothering you. So, tell me what's really on your mind."

"You look like shit. You need your rest so it's okay."

"Keep that up and we will have a fight."

"Really Shin, I'm… "

"Just tell me."

Ryo took in a breath and let out a sigh. "I just… missed you. This, you… I'm glad you still think of me as a friend and all. Thank you, even though I don't deserve it."

"… I get the feeling there's more than you're telling." Shin said realizing he was still holding part of the shirt, but didn't let go.

"I was just thinking that's all. I know it'll never happen again, but I was thinking of our past. Just you and I."

"Oh… " Shin said looking at the covers next to his hand.

"Please, don't get mad that I'm saying this or bringing it up."

"No… I'm not and won't." He said still looking at the covers.

"I don't… I don't know what I meant to you back then, but I been wanting to say. That whatever it was, thank you. When I was with you. You don't know how happy I was that I was yours. It meant a lot to me and still does." Ryo said as he cautiously lifted Shin's face with his fingertips. "I been going over and over the fact I don't deserve you and fought with reasons. Of why I should and shouldn't ask you to have me back. Looking at you now… I see I was right. So, just so you know. I won't ask and I won't cross that line of friendship again." He said softly as he let go. Agonizing at the loss of touch once again. "I don't want to hurt you any more."

Ryo in shock cringed as he watched tears start to slide down his face. Not knowing what to do he told him. "It looks like I do matter what I do. I'm so… very sorry. I'll let you be so you can sleep." He said as he tried to get up, but his shirt was still clasped onto tightly. "You have to let go first… " He tried to lighten his tone of voice.

"Now you get all honorable and noble on me? No, I'm not letting go." Shin said as his voice started to crack.

"I have to, Shin. Or I just might cross that line and then we'll be fighting again. I have to go or you have to stop crying."

"Can't… " Shin said grabbing tighter. When Ryo tried to pry his grip off.

"Stop it, Shin. Let go, let go of me." He scolded as he tried to get his hand away. Then looked back at his face and nearly lost it. When he saw the look that he got. He was tear stained and looked helplessly lost. "Nock it off and let go." He added trying his best to sound mad.

"You come in here tell me that and try to make a hasty retreat. I don't think so." Shin said as he was able to latch on better and tossed him to the mattress.

"Shin, please… " Ryo tried to say as Shin crawled on top of him: pinning him down. "I really… have to… " Ryo struggled to say as lips started to trail his neck. "Get… out of heremmmm… gods,… youconfuseme." He muttered getting lost in the feel.

"Touch me… " Shin whispered as he continued his assault of soft moist kisses. "Please, touch me, Ryo." He added.

"Auhemmmshin… pleaaazstop.."

"Touch me, Ryo… ohIneeed you to touch me. Feel me… " Shin whispered again as he dragged Ryo's hand across his body. Never stopping the kisses that had him paralyzed under him. "make me cry your name… touch me … here." He added as he rubbed himself against his hand. "like this… " He continued to urge on as he massaged Ryo through the jeans.

"Shhhinnnnuh… " Ryo hissed as he slowly stopped struggling. "The… uah umm.. " Words slurred to moans as sleek fingers found their way into his boxers. Making him bite his lower lip. "linnneeeee." He slurred out as a firm grip wrapped round him.

"Screw it… " Shin said as he started to find a rhythm. "I love you too much for lines." He added as he slightly kissed his lips, but pulled away. Back to where he was making his trail of kisses at the base of his neck. "Touch me, please, Ryo… "

Ryo enjoyed the bliss that he was receiving. He had missed it so much since he left him. He could barely believe his own senses. All of the nights in between shadowed his mind though. The nights he didn't have him there. When he felt lost and alone. When he had left him so did a part of him and now that he was back. He never wanted to lose him again. He never wanted that gap between them to reappear. He never wanted him to escape his arms again and never wanted the pain return: for either of them.

Ryo quickly wrapped his arm around him and pulled his hand up to his chest. Turning to their side promptly and held him as tight as he could. He felt his own tears start to run and held him even tighter.

"Ryo… what's wrong?" Shin asked confused by his actions and slight sobs.

After a moment he replied weakly. "Can I… just hold you tonight?"

In answer he felt his embrace tighten and it seemed that. All the darkness was slowly melting away.

[End of story… ]