Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Whispers ❯ THE FOOL ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing of YST/RW
 
 
 
Whispers
THE FOOL
By: WingsofSakon
 
 
My brethren in arms:
 
The ones that I so trusted everything to. Here I am; Innocent, gentle, forgivable and forgiven, untouched and so sweet. This is the image you told of me once, an image that you and the others held dearly and protested to everyone else. You thought I was all this and yet said I was strong. As the image I was I said nothing. I was always there for you, for everyone. No matter the cost.
 
Hot tears warm cold steel in a silent sizzling embrace. Through the darkness the metal would spark a few crystal rays. Emptiness holding it closely to its chest as it was a sheer tool. A weapon: something to be used and put away until the time called for it again. There are no words to cover the loneliness of this torn world. The pain that pulsed through the soul of this beating entity: but it was there. Waiting to be used as it was intended, as I waited to keep fulfilling your needs.
 
I wish to say there is no distain, that, there is no hint of bitterness anywhere to be found, in the crevasses of my heart. But what am I supposed to say when I know very well it's there. Slowly spreading through out my veins and over taking everything that's me. Like some hideous virus that's bound to turn everything dark. Where everything I touch becomes masked with toxic soot.
 
All I ever wanted was to feel what I gave. To you, I gave love beyond my soul. Watched over and with you: Through everything that could possibly go wrong and so much more. And yet you couldn't see that I was here for no other reason than for you. The battles, the war… the anger, rage and darkness we fought. Means so little when I stood here for you. The hopes, dreams, love, faith and the people: the causes. The ones we would of died for couldn't outshine the main reason I stood there, for you.
 
After so much time has passed and I found that all of this means so little, a tiny spec in our lives. It all broke my sweet. It all broke and fell into the coldest bog: in the most estranged night that held no moon. In silent screams I let the emotion bleed into this night. I lay there quivering in such coldness of this loneliness, shivers of pain and aches of blunt sadness. I wish I could tell you the orb busted breaking into a million untraceable pieces. But I cant… you see I lost it. No, that would be a lie. I know where it is. I threw it away to the pits of nothing and it lay at the bottom. In my shame I couldn't bring myself to tell Ryo. Even if I could… I don't think I could retrieve it. Why, you may ask. Because… I lost it to you. Honestly I can not find it, but I know it's linked to you. And I don't want anyone thinking that what ever is happening, is because of you. And knowing you, you will tell everyone the truth as soon as you can. So even with my honest answer I will bury it in a tale. In one that was about a love for you.
 
I know if we wait. If we just keep going on every day like nothing has happened. That I just up and left. The orb would find a new warrior. I would just become something else in this tale. The water still calls my name as the light that penetrates it still warms my blood. But as much as I want to I just cant answer the call of it. I hear it buzzing in my soul. I feel the others wondering where my presence went but there's nothing to reach out with. To grab hold of some ones, anyone's hand.
 
This empty darkness wont let go. In some strange and exotic way it comforts me. Holding me in a sweet soft embrace helping me succumb to relax and sleep with such willingness. With whispers of such beautiful promises of quiet peace. I wonder sometimes how this could be wrong when it all seems so right… so fitting. Is this the place where I belong??
 
I called out the other night. I cried your name… waited for help. A sign that you were on your way. But it was so quiet it was deafening. I think… perhaps I was just too far away for you or anyone to hear my cries. Tell me what… what have I done my beloved?? I shouldn't call you that I am foolish to keep longing. I… didn't realize it was wrong to love you. I have let you down… I have let, everyone down. Another reason I never said anything.
 
Although in a glimmer of hope, there was a shed of blood and the darkness fell in a battle of decision. It fell and engulfed me wrapping its arms, holding me snuggly. There I realized this… only here am I worthy of something. I wont return. None of you know where this place resides so don't waste your time. My guardian wont allow anymore contact. And if I should return… if … you find me. The orb is no longer mine.
 
Nothing… is no longer mine.
 
 
 
Seiji sat on the bed in disbelief where he had found the letter. This was more than concerning, more than a confession, more than a plea and something deeper than pain. This concerned truth… In fact Ryo had been asking about Shin for a while now. He must have sensed something was off. If the orb was part of this, then this meant that Shin… was gone.
 
The blonde ran a hand through his light locks with a sigh. He was a fool not have noticed something was wrong with his comrade. He was a fool to not have noticed he held him so high.
 
And Shin… for his own foolishness was a fool for not realizing the blonde cared. He was also a fool for letting the orb become so lost from his own emotions. He was always looking for peace and now on his search, lost what he was chosen to do. Lost him self and the very thing that held them all together.
 
And how do you tell anyone that darkness has returned? That your friend, companion and comrade has been engulfed by it and is now lost to it. And the bigger concern - why.
 
Everyone was foolish to forget about the orb. The armors were always the main concern when it came to this area. Was it possible to loose an orb? Seiji didn't know what to think. But if Shin said it was so… he always trusted him.
 
From some where with in darkness. Long silver locks softly clung to the slightly androgynous man's face. He gazed into a clear yet crystal orb that was attentively being explored and memorized by his fingertips. A slight smile lingering behind his lips and his blue eye fixed on his treasure. Some things… were just too easy for him.