Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Whispers ❯ WHISPERED LOVE ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Whispers
WHISPERED LOVE
By: WingsofSakon
 
 
By the next morning Seiji could barely keep his head from falling. He had stayed awake the entire night worrying about the letter. He couldn't bring himself to show the others right away. He wanted to be able to talk to them and explain things with out making it sound like Shin had just up and left them or was upset with any of them.
 
What brought him back from the pull of sleep was the sudden ruckus from down stairs. A huge crash and a few thuds had the blond running to the sound. He didn't even stop to drop the letter from his hand. It was one moment he was half asleep and the next he was at the bottom of the stairs. Now his eyes wide and a face of confusion at the sight before him: Shin and Shuu horsing around. They had knocked over Touma's bookshelf and the couch, the two of them still in a mess laughing.
 
The only thing Seiji could manage to say was: “Wha… I don't understand… “ He stood there in awe.
 
It made the two on the floor look at him and stand up. “What do you mean?” Shuu asked helping his friend up.
 
Seiji watched and realize the paper was still in his hand and his mind took over. “I thought you promised not to fool around in the house like that. Remember what happen last time?? You broke Touma's telescope.”
 
Shuu smiled. “Yeah well, we can't break it again, he moved it to his room.”
 
“That's not funny.” The blond said crossing his arms.
 
“Seiji… there's no reason to be so upset.” The auburn haired boy stated softly.
 
Seiji looked at him with no words, giving him his best look.
 
“Hey everything is fine Seiji. We can clean this up and we promise not to mess around again… Okay?” Shuu said putting the couch right.
 
“Fine… “ Seiji said as he walked passed them and went into the kitchen.
 
Finding a seat there he took a breath. Now he was beyond confused. Looking the letter over again he decided to keep it a secret. If Shin had - changed his mind? Then he wasn't going to make a deal over it. He wasn't gone. So there was no need to tell anyone anything. Folding it up and putting it in his pocket another thought came to his mind. `What if it was just all a joke?'
 
Seiji shook his head slightly at the very thought. He didn't think Shin would do something like that. But… Shin was here, in the living room in fact. Having fun and playing around carelessly with Shuu. Like he didn't have a care in the world. Certainly nothing of the like was stated in the letter.
 
“It shouldn't matter.” Seiji said to himself. But it did, if he was all right then it was a cruel joke to play on him. If it wasn't a joke… then there was something truly wrong concerning his friend. And either way he looked at it. The matter needed to be dealt with.
 
Shin walked into the kitchen with a smile. Going into the fridge he grabbed a cold bottle of water and opened it: letting the door close stepping to the side.
 
Seiji watched him a moment. “Shin… what are you doing?”
 
Shin looked at him with a thoughtful look. “Getting a drink… “
 
“No-no… that's not what I mean. You know what I mean. So, what are you doing?”
 
Shin looked slightly confused. “Shuu said he is going to put the bookshelf together… “
 
The blonde was getting annoyed. “No… I mean what you left me.”
 
Shin thought longer. “… The clothes I folded for you??” He tried.
 
Seiji felt him-self want to get angry but sighed instead and said. “Could you meet me in my room.”
 
Shin got the idea it wasn't a question but smiled a bit. “I would've appreciated a movie or dinner first… “ He said giving him a little wink.
 
“Shin.” Seiji said a tad sternly.
 
“Okay okay… when?”
 
“When everyone is asleep. You know we need to talk and I don't want to get interrupted.”
 
“….um, okay… “ Shin said acting like he had no clue but trusted him non the less. He gave him another look before walking out of the room.
 
Seiji sighed and felt a moment of doubt strike through him. He shook his head reinforcing his concerns and got up leaving to his room. Where he waited for everyone to fade into their rooms and quiet into sleep. He could feel himself become nervous. When he noticed it he told himself that there was no reason for it and tried to calm himself. He sat on the bed and closed his eyes: Taking in a few breaths and controlling them out slowly. Letting his mind quietly forget the worries plaguing him. But when he heard the door click open he opened his eyes to see the other peek from the other side of the door.
 
“… hi..” He announced quietly and waited for the other to wave him in. He found himself leaning against the door after shutting it.
 
“I don't bite… “ Seiji said as he motioned for him to come closer.
 
Shin nodded and sat at the end of his bed. “What's going on your mind Seiji?”
 
Seiji didn't know how to start right away. “…. “ Leaving a long pause before his thoughts and words. “Why did you leave me that letter and do this??” He just asked bluntly.
 
Shin gave him that same `you're insane' look.
 
“Don't give me that look Shin. You really had me worried.”
 
“I am really sorry about that Seiji, but I didn't leave you anything.”
 
“Yes you did you left it right here on the bed.”
 
“Seiji I only come in here to leave your clothes… I did that two days ago and I didn't leave anything other than that. And I don't linger in anyone's room either… some one else must of left that or something.”
 
“… Don't give me that. It was your handwriting.”
 
Shin sat there a moment. “Do you still have it?”
 
Seiji nodded and gave it to him. Shin opened it and read it over. For a few minutes Seiji started to feel like he invaded his personal space as he saw a blush run over his face.
 
Finishing up the letter he answered to him. “I didn't write this… “
 
“Its your handwriting.”
 
“Maybe some one is playing with you. Some one must of copied my writing style.”
 
“Who would do that Shin? You know if you need anyone to - “ Seiji said before getting cut off.
 
“You would be there, right? Well I don't Seiji and I have no reason to. This letter isn't legit.”
 
“… I don't believe you.” Seiji said after looking him over. Something in his gut just said that something was off. “You don't have any interest in me either??” He asked thinking that would be easier to get from him.
 
Shin was quiet looking at the covers.
 
“Shin?… “
 
“Good night Seiji.. “ Shin said starting to get up and leave.
 
The blonde grasp the others wrist pulling him to his lap and wrapping his arms around him. “You're not going anywhere until you answer me.” He said and he held tighter when he would wriggle.
 
“I told you everything. The letter isn't mine.” He said as he struggled a bit more.
 
“… There's something wrong and I don't want you being stupid.” Seiji said almost losing his hold on him. But swung his knee around the others and shifted. Pushing him to the bed he pinned him being conscious of how slippery the warrior was. Shin tried harder to escape tiring himself out.
 
“Are you going to talk now?” Seiji asked noticing the other slowly starting to stop wriggling so much with his breathing a bit heavier. Shin gave him a glare.
 
“I am not letting you go until you tell me that was either your letter. Or you tell me who you wrote that for. And why you would even want to worry me like that.” Seiji said as he readjusted how he was sitting over him. The blonde didn't budge as Shin gave another heavy effort to rip himself away from him: failing and only getting more tired.
 
“Seiji… I dint write that and I didn't write it for anyone. I don't know who gave that to you. Honest… have I ever lied to you?” Shin said slightly out of breath.
 
“So… you're not interested either?” He said softly.
 
Shin fell silent again.
 
Seiji watched as the slender warrior looked away. “Shin… its important to me.”
 
“You're cruel Seiji… “ Shin said in a weak voice.
 
“What… “ He asked in shock.
 
“You did this… to set me up??” Shin asked in more of an accusation.
 
“What-no… “ Seiji said as he looked at him. Tears starting to slide down pale skin. Looking at him now he felt himself feel bad for him. He looked so exposed, fragile, sweet and so… so desirable. The very thought made his heart jump at its realization. It made his mind crash with noise and for a moment was lost in thought and the form under him.
 
“Just let me go Seiji… let me go.” Shin pleaded softly. As quiet as his voice was though, it seemed to break the trance the blonde was in.
 
“… you do… don't you?” Seiji said out loud in thought. Making the other grow quiet again.
 
“Shin… you should of just said something to me. You didn't have to go through all this.” Seiji said softly almost running his lips over the others neck.
 
In return he got a small escaped moan and a heavy shudder. In an instant the blonde was nipping at the others smooth skin. Softly running the tip of his tongue in gentle tastes across his neck carefully. The other let out soft gasps letting his body attempt to stretch only getting denied by the other's hold on him.
 
It was only a few minutes but felt like such longer. The blonde realized he had lost his control and was far from his original goal. He stopped resting his head on the others shoulder. Still holding him tightly as he tried to catch his breath. In this moment of weakness he felt shame slip through his body. He knew he had to say something: explain, apologize maybe even plea or beg.
 
In a quiet and slightly uncontrolled voice Seiji attempted it. “…Shin… I am sorry… “ He couldn't bare to look at him yet so he kept his face in his neck. In response he heard soft sobs start up. “Please… “ Seiji said as he carefully let him go and held onto a hand caringly.
 
Shin trembled and it took a few moments but he clung to the other as if hiding in his arms. No words just letting the other hold him as he cried softly into clean fabric.
 
After what seemed like forever. Sleep started to find them and Shin started to quiet down. Seiji still held him and petted him tenderly as his eyes felt heavier. He wanted to talk to him about it before he was taken by sleep. So in a whisper he spoke into feathery soft locks. “I am sorry… I have always cared for you… “ Seiji heard a relaxed sigh as he the slender warrior snuggled closer. Seiji took that as a positive response and fell to sleep with a content smile.
 
The night seemed to be so connected. From shame, want, question and estrangement bridged the lives of one to another. The wind embraced a quiet form in lonely whisper. Rajura pushed away the pain again and locked it some where in the back of his heart. Carefully he pulled some of his hair from his face satisfied with the outcome. This was what his love wanted… so he gave it to him. To be wrapped in the blonde's arms, all he needed was a little help. He hated himself for helping him… he knew this was going to be one of his strongest heartaches through out his lifetime. And what they had together though secret and seemingly strong for what it was. Was nothing more than another whisper through out time. Just like a soft breeze through a moonlit night, the letter would also vanish as their time together had.
 
 
 
End…