Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Wisdom, Obedience, Hope ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Shadowdragon85: DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!!! <drops onto bed and screams some more into a pillow. Anubis and Kaurya walk in.>
Anubis: what's wrong with her?
Kaurya: She just took that Accounting test she was prepping for and is now waiting for the results.
Anubis: oh… <both leave>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** If you want a disclaimer go to the prologue! **
 
Wisdom, Obedience,
Hope
 
By:
 
Shadowdragon85
 
Chapter 2
 
`Sooo warm.' The murmur of voices can barely be heard. A door opens quietly and closes a minute later. Footsteps over carpet and the sound of someone sitting on the edge of a bed. The brush of gentle fingers moving stray strands if hair out of her face. A damp cloth against her skin. `Momma?' The door opens once more and closes just as quietly. Footsteps again, heavier this time.
“How is she?” A male voice. Calm, yet worried. The fingers return to stroke her cheek.
“She's fine Kale.” A female voice. Peaceful, trusting, motherly. “The fever broke finally and, oddly enough, her wound has almost completely healed.”
`Kale? Who's Kale?'
“That's good to hear.” Someone sits down on the other side of the bed. “Mia sent me to tell you to meet her in the living room. Don't even think about saying no or that you can't. You, Rowen, and Kaurya have done all you can and anyways, I can watch over her while you're down there.”
“Thank you Kale.” The bed shifts as one of the two people sitting on it got up. Footsteps once more. The door opens then closes. Silence reigns once more. Gentle fingers, different ones this time, stroke her brow.
“Who are you little one? And why do I feel as if I need to protect you?”
`D… Daddy???'
~*~*~*~*~*~
Mia looked at her friends and shook her head. Kento was arguing with Ryo and Sketmet. Rowen was curled up in the window seat beside Kaurya, both women reading, while Dais sat on the floor below the two of them. The kids were outside playing tag with Whiteblaze. And Yuli and Anubis sat on the couch waiting for her to tell them what she had found. Cye walked in from the hall and sat next to Sketmet. As if Cye's presence was some sort of signal, everyone quieted down and turned to look at her.
“She's fine,” she told them, a smile on her face. “The fever finally broke…”
“What about her wound?”
“I was getting to that Yuli,” Yuli mumbled an apology as Cye glared at him. Turning back to the others she continued. “The wound has almost completely healed and will be gone by tomorrow at the latest.” Looks pass from one side of the room to the other and back. Rowen and Kaurya share a knowing look with Cye. /Should we tell them? /
/I'm not sure they're ready to know _that_ Cye. It might cause some problems. /
/Rowen is right Cye. / Kaurya told her. /We should wait to see what Mia learned before bringing _that_ to their attention. /
/All right then. We hold off on telling everyone. / Cye frowned as she thought about what they had learned. /It's kind of sad though…Sage never even told Kale she was pregnant before she left. /
/She probably had a reason and anyways Tabby might know why. / Kaurya stated.
/True. / Rowen agreed.
“Rowen, Cye, Kaurya?” They turn to see eight pairs of eyes staring at them. “Is there something you haven't told us?” Mia asked them.
“Uh…”
“No…”
“Not really…” They look at each other and try to smother their laughter. /Kaurya…*giggle*… unlatch the window. / Cye got up from her seat and joined the two at the window.
//Guys…//
/Almost got it/
//Something's up Ryo//
/Get ready to make a break for it! /
//I know that Kento. / Ryo watched the three women when it clicked. /@*(^$#()!! Dais! Grab them! / Before anyone could move Rowen, Cye and Kaurya tumbled out the window onto the lawn. Next thing they knew the three of them were running into the woods laughing.
“What's going on down here?” Everyone turned to see Kale standing in the doorway. “It got really loud and I came to see what happened.”
“We… ah… we didn't wake her did we?” Sketmet asked hesitantly, knowing Cye would kill him if they had.
Kale quirked his eyebrow and crossed his arms. “Ask her yourself if you want to know. She's standing right behind you Sketmet.”
“Mew” Sketmet jumped five feet into the air and hit his head while everyone, besides Kale, started. Turning Sketmet saw a young girl laughing silently behind her hand. Six jaws hit the floor. The girl had waist length dark blue hair with silver highlights. Two locks, one silver, one blue, framed her face. Her skin, what they could see of it, looked like warm honey, and her eyes were a deep purple, almost black. She was wearing a dark blue robe that fell to her ankles and hid her hands in its sleeves.
“Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you.” Her voice sounded like a summer shower. “I just wanted to thank you for helping me.” Ryo was the first to get his head back on straight.
“Don't worry about it miss… uh… miss…”
She smiled at him, laughter in her eyes. “It's Tabitha.”
“Well Miss Tabitha, do you mind explaining what happened that night? I am curious and I'm sure everyone else is too.”
“RYO! Can you be any less considerate!” Mia exclaimed as Kento whacked him upside his head. Tabitha took this time to study her new `protectors.' Ryo had tiger blue eyes and dark brown almost black hair. He had an aura of leadership and courage surrounding him.
`He must be Wildfire.' Beside him was a muscular guy. Messy light brown hair and gray eyes marked him as Kento Re Fau, bearer of Hardrock. The man she had scared, Sketmet Kale had said, had crazy green hair, unnaturally large eyes, and faintly green tinted skin. By the window a man with wavy snow-white hair and a black, spider embossed eye patch stood. `Venom and Illusions and the tiger Whiteblaze is outside. That leaves Cruelty, Torrent, Darkness, and Strata. Strata is married to Illusions and Mrs. Moyri is Torrent. Both she and Strata are outside. That leaves Anubis, his wife Mia Koji, Yuli and Kale. Momma said Anubis owns the armor of Cruelty and both Yuli and Mia are non-armor bearers.' Tabby closed her eyes as a single tear fell. `Momma… please be ok.' Suddenly two strong arms wrapped around her waist. Burying her face in the chest they belong to, Tabby silently sobbed, taking comfort in the warm and strangely familiar presence. Once she calmed down a hand reached out and touched her shoulder causing her to flinch.
“Shsss. Tabitha it's ok.” Looking up Tabby saw Kale's face. He was the one holding her, the one who had offered her comfort. Searching his eyes she saw the one thing that was missing from her life even though her mother tried hard to be everything for her. Her eyes filled with tears again, this time not from sorrow but joy. “Tabbycat what's wrong?” Kale asked when he saw her eyes water.
Tabby shook her head. “Nothing… nothings wrong. I… I… oh god <sob>… I lose my mom only to find…” the rest was lost as she buried her face in Kale's chest again. Kale held her and looked to his friends for help. Mia smiled and mouthed not to worry while Ryo and Kento were cracking up at the idea of Kale as a teddy bear. Anubis and Yuli were discussing _something_ in hushed tones.
//Kale//
//What Dais?//
//Who does Tabitha remind you of? /
//Dais right now I'm more worried about her, not who she looks like. // Kale picked Tabitha up and sat down on the love seat with her in his lap.
Tabby shifted on Kale's lap as everyone froze and someone smiled across the mindlinks and sighed contently. /Finally found you daddy. / A female voice filled with power yet as soft as a gentle rainfall entered their thoughts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SD85: hehehe… wonder what happened to Cye, Rowen, and Kaurya
Cye, Rowen, & Kaurya: WHAT DID YOU DO TO US!!!!!!!!
Sage: SD85 if I'm not in this story in the next chapter you will get hurt.
SD85: Sage I can make it that you become a slut in another story so don't test me.
Sage: Eepp!!!! <backs away from SD85>
SD85: <turns to Cye, Rowen, & Kaurya> and as for you three, you come back in the next chapter. Well I have to get going… GOD IS GRACIOUS!!!!!
Mia: Huh????????
Kento: She gets out of school early due to snow today.