Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Wisdom, Obedience, Hope ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kento: *He, Dais, Ryo, and Sage enter room. Rowen is reading a book on the couch. Kale is gagged and duck-tapped to a chair* Rowen why is Kale duck-tapped to a chair?
Rowen: *looks up from book. Dais, Ryo, and Sage are snickering* oh… he made SD mad.
Ryo: Where'd she go anyways?
Sage: she's in the kitchen eating lunch with Cye and Mia *SD85 walks in behind them*
SD85: No I'm not *all four of the jump and Rowen starts laughing* now if you excuse me, I have a story to write. *Kale yells obscene words at her from behind his gag* No Kale, I'm not going to let you out *walks over to Rowen and gives him a kiss* hey hubby!
Rowen: *pouts at SD85* I can't believe you made me a girl in the story!
SD85: Sorry Ro-chan. Hey at least I didn't put you with Badamon-anos. KENTO!!! GET AWAY FROM MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** If you want a disclaimer go to the prologue! **
  
Wisdom, Obedience,
Hope
 
 By:
 Shadowdragon85
 
Chapter 1
 
Present Day, 2004
 
Two women run through a dense forest, one leading the other by the arm. The leader looks back at either her companion or the forest. They burst out of the forest into a moon-washed clearing. Stopping, the leader scans the clearing, searching for something… or someone.
"Mom… " She looks back at her companion. "Mom, I'm scared," the second woman whispered.
"Don't worry Tabby," the first woman, her mother whispered back. "We'll be out of these woods soon, Hun. Now come on, I think the coast is clear." Before they leave the forest, though, Tabby's mother grabs her arm. Turning around, she sees her take off the pendent she always wore, no matter what. Placing it around her daughter's neck, she fastened the clasp.
"Tabby, if anything happens I want you to run until you get to a mansion beyond the forest edge. There are people there that will help you, but what every you do, do not let yourself get caught and never, I repeat, _never_ take off the pendent. Now let's get going."
Tabby and her mother run across the clearing, moonlight shining off pale skin and hair, the pendent, and a ring her mother wears. Out of nowhere a man appears in front of them. "Now really, Halo. Did you actually believe you could hide from my master?" Tabby's mother takes a fighting stance in front of her.
/Tabby, when I tell you to, run as fast as you can until you reach the forest edge. /
/But mom…/
/No buts. I'll try to hold him off as long as I can but I want you as far away as possible. I refuse to let him take you. / "Damion, I will fight you if I have to, but let my daughter go," she told the man. "Tabitha has nothing to do with this."
The man, Damion, looked between the two women, considering his options. `She would be useless anyways.' "The girl can go… for now."
Halo kept her eyes on Damion, judging him. "Tabitha, go. Now."
Tabby took one last look at her mother before running across the clearing and into the woods. Behind her the sounds of battle could be heard. /Be careful mom. I love you/
~*~*~*~
Ten minutes later Tabitha exits the forest and sees the mansion her mother had told her she would find. What she didn't expect was the group of people waiting for her. Fear for her mother, though, overrides fear for herself and she runs toward them. When she came within speaking range, she called out. "My mother is still in the woods! Please! You must help her!"
One of the strangers, a man, called back to her. "Why should we believe you?" The others voice their agreement as a large white tiger sniffs the air. Suddenly the tiger runs forward, knocks Tabby over and proceeds to wash her face. Laughing she tries to push him off her as the strangers snicker in the background and the tiger purrs contently.
"Aha, how cute. I think I'm going to gag!" Looking back at the forest Tabitha sees Damion standing just beyond its edge. The tiger, sensing that this man was not an ally, rose to its feet, growling. Behind it, Tabby got to her feet as well.
"Where IS My Mother?!!! What Did You Do TO Her YOU BASTARD?!!!!!" The tiger pressed against her legs, keeping her as far from Damion as possible.
"Where are the gems girl?!!" He yells back. "My master will willingly trade Halo for the Star Gems. Now Where Are They?!" Looking behind her, he sees the people standing not far from her. Growling, Damion turns his gaze back to Tabitha. "I will be back girl, and if you want to see your mother alive again, you'd better tell me where the gems are when I return." Damion disappears as tabby drops to her knees and bursts into tears. The tiger tries to console her as one of the strangers, a woman, hurries over to help her. The other people begin to talk amongst themselves.
 ~*~*~*~*~*~The Strangers~*~*~*~*~*~
 The moonlight shines down on four men. They appear to be talking, but every once in a while they would look over to where two women and a tiger sat on the ground.
"Who was that guy?" A buff man, the kind you would expect to see on an American Football team asked, breaking the unnatural silence that had began when the man first appeared near the forest.
"I don't know Kento, I wish I did though."
"Ryo that's not a good idea." Three sets of eyes turned to a man with white hair and an eye patch.
"What do you mean Dais?"
"Something tells me that guy, who ever he is, is bad news."
"Oh"
"Anyways the girl seems to know something about him. At least he knows something about her mother and whatever it is can't be good considering he mentioned Halo when she asked where her mother was."
"You know we can't tell Kale about this. He will try to get her to tell him anything she knows about Sage. He might harm her by accident."
"Anubis is right guys. This doesn't go beyond the four of us."
"Ryo where is she going to stay? I don't think it is safe for her to be on her own right now and from the way she reacted when he left, she has no other family."
"I can take care of myself." Everyone turned around to see the girl walking between the tiger and the other woman. Turning to the woman beside her she gave her a hug. "Thank you Mrs. Moyri."
Surprised the woman, Mrs. Moyri replied, "How did you know? I never told you my name."
The girl smiled back sadly. "My mom told me once about these nine strangers who became the best of friends. You reminded me of Cye Moyri. Mom told me that she married a man named Sketmet." She turned and walked back to the others only to collapse after a few steps. Dais walked over and picked her up off the ground only to find something wet running down one side of her body. Cursing, he runs to the house.
"Rowen! Get the First Aid kit! She's bleeding!!"
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shadowdragon85: *gets up, walks over to couch, lays down and falls asleep* ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Anubis: -.^
Sketmet: ok…
Kento: uh…
Ryo: …hmm
Cye, Mia, Kaurya: Shhh...
Rowen: Don't even think about it Dais. *Dais is holding pet spider over SD85's head*
Kale: mdgchvcjhgflv!!!!
Yuli: *whispering* SD finally went to bed after 48 hrs so we don't expect her to wake up for a while. Till next time folks. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!