Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Young Again ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Young Again

Chapter 2

By wildfire

Cye leaned against the counter staring down, the problem. He groans and rubs his temples. "There has to be a logical way to fix this.."

"yes just like there's a logical way it happened?" Rowen says sarcastically, rolling his eyes also staring down.
"What do we do with it?" Sage steps back glaring at the ground.

Kento groans "will staring at it isn't going to make it disappear or do any good." He steps forward and picks it up. All the other guys lean in a little watching Kento groans and rolls his eyes and walks away. "since these guys are all idiots let's go find you some cloths so we can go shopping, ok?"

A little laugh was heard and Kento got a light slap on his cheek from a very tiny hand.

Kento smirks "you're a lot cuter this way"
"HE'S A BABY!" Rowen yells at Kento hands slapping the counter.

The little blue eyed baby jump and start crying. The room filled with the noise of the child screaming his head off.

Sage growls and rounds on Rowen "yes he is! Our fearless leader is a baby! And YOU have just MADE our fearless leader cry! Congratulations!" He takes the baby Ryo away from Kento and thrusts him into Rowen's arms "you can fix it now! Kento you and me will go buy supplies."

"No way mate you aren't leaving me here!" Cye quickly grabs his coat and hurries out.

Kento shrugs and walks out with his keys. Sage turns to Rowen. "do NOT let any thing happen to him" with that he left.

Rowen stares wide eyes at the door where his friends had just left through. Than down at the screaming kid. "I.. am.. sorry?" Ry just continued to scream. "Amm right.. you don't' like me.. got it" he sets Ryo down and steps back. But this only seemed to make the little child scream more and lift his arms up to Rowen. "ok.. ok" he picks him back up.

Ryo's screams start to calm down some and he lays his head on Rowen's shoulder and starts sucking his thumb looking up at Rowen with great curiosity.

Rowen smiles awkwardly at him. "ok.. so.. am, I have to do some homework.. so.. amm you wanna watch... or.... something?"

Ryo laughs and clings to Rowen.
Rowen nods "ok I'll take that as a yes." he heads upstairs and into the study he sets him down on the ground and looks at him. "ok.. amm. Stay... stay there!" he backs away slowly. He sits at the computer desk and sighs in relief and starts up the computer. About two second later there was a set of hands on his leg. The blue haired boy groans and looks down. "yes?"
"up" his little hands went up again. Rowen sighs and picks the boy up and sets him on his lap.
"I have to do some homework, ok? It's a very big class and I need to pass it. Can you be quite?"
"Ahh huh!" Ryo smiles and hugs the man's chest.

Rowen smirks, will he couldn't deny that the new small Ryo was cute. Even if he was a whiny, annoying baby. How hard could a baby be anyway?

20 minutes later

"Ryo sit still!" Rowen tries to still the child in his lap he had been able to write a whole two sentences on his paper before the child got fidgety.

"AHH!!" he wiggles around trying to get free from Rowen's grasp.

"FINE!" he picks Ryo up and sets him down on the floor. Will Ryo didn't like this at ALL and lets his anger thoroughly show with a scream and loud cries, his little feet and arms slapping the ground.

Rowen was meanwhile pounding his head on the desk. He didn't know what to do the kid was just screaming and for NO reason he hadn't even touched him.. well not in a harmful way! There was no reason for him to be doing this! None! "What do you want from me?" his groans into his desk.

***

Kento walks down the baby aisle looking at the different outfits.

"How old do you think he is?" Cye asks pulling out a little soccer outfit.
"He can't be older than two.. I'd say maybe16 to 18 months?" Kento shrugs "we'll pick a couple sizes in cloths and see which fits him better."
Sage comes up and puts a rather large box into the cart.
"A crib?" Cye looks at it
sage gives him a level look " he has to sleep somewhere, it's a cheaper one"
"but he won't be a baby for long.." he looks up at Kento "will he?"
"I dono Cye.. maybe" he sighs "it depends on how long it takes us to figure out who did it." Kento throws some outfits into the cart "we have Diapers?"

Cye looks around in the cart and shakes his head "not yet all go get them" he starts to run off
"Hey Cye! A sippy cup, bottle and formula" Kento yells after him Cye turns and gives an 'OK' sign than continues to run. "so what else do we need?" He looks through the cart "we have cloths, toy and a bed. The foods coming.. is there something we're missing?"

Sage shrugs "This should at least get us going.."
Kento nods and steps closer to Sage, "I am.. I don't have much money.." he smiles big.
Sage rolls his eyes and pulls his wallet out and credit card. "I expect you to pay me back"
"ME? Ask Ryo when he's back to normal! I didn't change him!" Kento cross's his arms stubbornly.
"I expect you to pay me back" he repeats calmly.
Kento sneers "fine! But everyone else has to too!"
"I don't care just get me the money" Sage walks off heading for the check out desk.

"Sage hold up we don't have the food and stuff!" Kento chases after him.
"The food and.. 'stuff' as you put it. Is up front Cye will see us. It will save him a trip." Sage kept walking and got in line just as Cye saw them and ran up.

"I picked up some pudding cuds and fruit cups too." he smiles "I couldn't remember how many teeth he had"
"Three hours ago it was a full set" Kento grumbles
Cye looks at Kento, he hadn't been negative about this earlier. "What's a matter, mate?"
"Nothing" Kento stomps off to go sit on a bench.
"Sage?" Cye looks at his other friend for help on what just happened.

"Nothing he's pouting because I won't pay for it all."

Cye smiles fondly at his friend, they always bickered like this Kento stomped off and Sage tried to act, as he didn't care. But he did he was always smug afterwards and surprising enough Cye had caught him on more than one occasion stealing looks at Kento. It was.. will odd.

As they load things into the car Kento stares at the sky. "I wonder if it was a mistake to leave Rowen with Ryo"
"Probably.. but we can't do anything about it now."
"I still can't believe that baby is OUR Ryo.. it just doesn't make any since. It still feels unreal. You think it could be?" Kento looks up hopefully.
"no... one can't duplicate his eyes. Or that face.." Cye smiles softly
"Or those screams.." Kento groans "He's going to do that so much.. god I can't imagine how this is going to be.. Ryo's difficult as an adult but as a kid? We're going to die.." he slips into the car as do the other two.

***

Rowen lays on the couch staring at the ceiling, he didn't dare move. The sleeping Ryo was laying flat on his chest. There was only two problems he Really had to pee and the kid was drooling! Rowen looks down at him again and sighs. He slowly picks him up as he stands up he lays Ryo back on the couch an sighs in relief as he kept sleeping. Rowen hurries off to the bathroom.

Once done he washes his hands and comes out to see Ryo setting up rubbing his eyes. "Ahh Ryo what are you doing up?" All he got for an answer was a raise of his hands into the air. Rowen picks him up and sits down with Ryo in his lap. Ryo immediately cuddles into him and sucks his thumb. He stares at Rowen and his eyes slowly start to drift shut.

Rowen gently brushes Ryo's hair back smiling at his friend. It was odd thinking that this baby could possibly be Ryo, their best friend.. the person that defeat Talpa. He briefly wondered if his friend was still in there or if it was just a little baby.

If he was just a baby than if they did get him back to his normal size would he remember it all? Would his brain come back or would it stay a child? Was his mind wiped of all memories?

Rowen sighs and smirks at the sleeping kid he never knew how realizing it was to have a baby in your arms, how calming it was. He leans back against the couch and yawn; he also never realized how tiring it was. His own eyes start to drift shut.

****

Sage opens the front door and is surprised by the eerie silence that seemed to just be. He looks back at the car where the other two were struggling with the supplies. He smirks and heads in looking around he sets his keys on a small coffee table and heads up the stairs to the living and main room. As he walks into the family room he see a tuff of blue hair from over the couch. He walks over and looks down and has to try hard not to laugh. There in the couch sat his friend sprawled back on the couch sound asleep with a sleeping Ryo laying on his chest drooling. Rowen's shirt had a nice wet spot on it.

"HEY Sage Ya wanna help us!?" Came Kento's yell from downstairs.

Sage grumbles and looks back at the sleeping two, who could sleep though a cyclone, and heads downstairs.

After they get everything to the main floor than came the decision of who would be sleeping with the kid.

"we could take turns" Cye wipes some sweet from his brow and starts setting up the play pin.

"But than we have to move his bed from room to room." Kento pulls out the cloths.

"But taking turns is-"

Sage was cut off by a disarranged Rowen. "EWWW!! DANMIT!" Rowen immerged into the room carrying a screaming Ryo an arms length away. Rowen's pants were all wet on his right pant leg. "Someone take him! HE PISSED ON ME!"

Kento takes the frightened child away and sighs at Rowen. "he's a baby.. he doesn't know better"

"WILL HE SHOULD LEARN!" Rowen walks awkwardly upstairs to the bedrooms.

Kento rubs soothing circles on Ryo's back and pulls out one of the diapers "Rowen's just a bit high strung" he says as he lays Ryo on the floor and starts tending him up. He hands Ryo one of his new toys to distract him.

Ryo stares at the toy holding it above his head staring at it, than laughs and tries to roll away. Kento holds him by the stomach to keep him still as he puts the diaper on. Than stands him up as he dress's him. Ryo on the other hand was entertaining himself by moving the toy about Kento's head and shoulder and making odd noises. When Kento's finished he lets Ryo go and swats him lightly on the butt.

The boy laughs and runs off with the toy.

Cye chuckles "will the toys a hit."

Sage nods and turns to Kento. "Your good with kids, he can sleep with you."

"Hey wow now! Just cause I'm good with em doesn't mean I want ta take care of him at all hours! I moved away from home for a reason!" Kento stands up.

Cye nods "he did Sage, it wouldn't be fair of us to just dump Ryo on him."

"So what are we going to do with him Cye? Put him in the hallway?" Sage crosses his arms glaring at the remaining two men in the room.

"We'll go by weeks. That way it's not too long but not so soon we have to move his bed all the time. Who knows maybe one of us will find they don't mind it and keep him in there all the time." Kento shrugs.

Cye nods "Hai, that seems fair."

Sage nods and looks at the little boy running about. "and who gets him this week?"

All three men stare at each other waiting for another to speak up.

"What's for dinner Cye? I'm hungry" Rowen says coming downstairs still drying his hands on with a hand towel.

All three men smile and looks at Rowen.

Rowen looks up and his face falls. "what?"

Rowen grumbles loudly as he puts the crib together. He swore of they stuck him with this kid one more time with out his say… he growls again and stands up looking the bed over. It looked all right.

He looks up to see the object of his problems standing in the door way sucking his thumb. "Hey kid.."

Ryo smiles that adorable smile that you just couldn't help but love. He runs over and tosses his arms into the air. Rowen picks him up tossing him in the air a bit. "what?" he says playfully with a smile.

Ryo laughs " 'owen mad?"

"no.. Rowen's not mad.. Rowen's frustrated." He smiles at Ryo's confused look.

" wat fwa-fwastwated?"

"Means I have a problem and I can't figure out the answer right now…" Rowen sets him down.

"why?"

"Because it's a hard problem.."

"Why?"

"because I can't find the answer"

"Why?"

"Go play."

Ryo runs out of the room to go find more entertaining company. He gets to the stairs and sits down and starts sliding down with a thump as he hit the next step every time once at the bottom he runs into the kitchen and finds Cye and smiles. "Ab so bewaor ep casue and 'ie and he, you wike 'at?"

Cye stares at the kid having no clue what he had just said. He smiles "what?"

"you wike 'hat?"

Cye nods and picks him up "want to help me cook?" At Ryo's nod he sets him down on a counter away from the burners and hands him some grapes and a plastic bowel. "Ok can you pluck these grapes off their vine and put them into the bowl?" He asks in a voice that made it sound really important. Ryo laughs and nods. Cye smiles and shakes his head Ryo sure was a happy baby. He'd never seen a kid laugh so much. He wondered what Ryo was always finding so funny. Cye turns back to his work and gets lost in his own thoughts. He goes to the fridge to pull out some milk when he turns back he see Ryo is eating the grapes. "Don't eat em you rascal!"

Ryo covers his mouth and laughs than takes the one from in his mouth and puts it in the bowel.

"eww not that one!" Cye tickles him and takes the grape out. "You nasty little boy!" he says lightly still tickling him.

Ryo laughs and giggles, eyes seeming to shine with happiness.