Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ 'Do You Want to Live Forever?' ❯ It's In The Ally ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N:First Chapter after the Prologue... Ok, I know there are a lot of things that are very obvious... I won't go into them because they are so OBVIOUS, but there are reasons for that... Civil War is going to break out early so everybody needs to be in place early... it's going to get bloody, sticky, and just plain messy really fast... don't worry... plenty of KenKao fluff with a unique twist... and the 'BAD GUY' is going to be a bit of a surprise... HEHEHEH.... Old Faces in NEW Clothes so-to-speak. Anyway... This is A/U... duh! Hope you are all prepared... not the usual K/K thing... going to be very off the wall.... so no flames for OOC - can't say I didn't warn you early. Tsuki-san

Vampire Saliva=a naturally occurring toxin in 'Pure Bloods' only. Used to cauterized a wound to decrease secondary blood-loss, dissolve surrounding soft tissue and skin for easier access to blood vessels, and also containing a neuro-toxin that is used to immobilize prey if that is so desired. (Purely Author's creation for plot development-all of these things can be used at Vampire's will or not. Source and cause explained in later chapters).

Characters:

Kenshin Himura=Homicide Detective, Captain

Sanosuke Sagara=Homicide Detective, Sergeant

Gwen=Prostitute

Cheryl=Prostitute

Nick Vasquez=Scumbag Pimp

Chapter One

New York

April, 2004

It's In The Alley

"Ok, it's official, Captain. This is the third one this month." The tall gangly dark haired Sergeant tossed the yellow manila envelope onto the ever-silent red-haired detectives desk, which was already piled high with homicide case files. This one just added to the chaos that lived there as a permanent tenant.

"Just like the other ones?" He did not even bother looking up at his partner as he continued to methodically leaf through the brown folder he was already holding.

"Yup. Just like the others. Big gaping hole in his neck, not much blood around the scene, and not discernable fingerprints anywhere."

"But still just as dead?" The sarcastic hint of humor brought a half smile of appreciation to the Sergeant's lean face as he shook his head in amusement. The Captain was a real piece of work.

"Yeah… still just as dead."

"Hmmmm… you ever stop to wonder just who out there could possibly have it in for our low-life, scum-sucking, junkie, douche-bag pimps, Sano? I mean… who in their right mind would wanna whack one of these guys let alone three?" The brown folder was lowered to the desk and a pair of devious if not intelligent violet eyes raked over the chuckling Sergeant who was now leaning up against a large filing cabinet. "Their the meat and potatoes of the 'come and fuck up my life' community, so who would have such a big grudge as to want to start picking them off one at a time?" The sardonic expression on the lean handsome face was only amplified by the thin gold wire-framed glassed he wore, which at the moment were setting perched on the end of his nose.

"Well, let's see." Sano scratched at the stubble of beard on his chin and cheeks absently as he pondered the amused question. "There's the Hookers they use for punching bags every night, the drug dealers they cheat and lie to on a regular basis, the club owners they steal business from... Hell, I don't know… everybody maybe?"

"Good one… but I don't think so. This guy we're dealing with here is way to careful to be one of those slap-happy idiots… he's too cold... too methodical… and way too precise… creepy bastard."

"You got that right. You know the last coroner's report said they found some sort of foreign substance inside the wound. Said it had both liquid and crystal properties in it, but that it almost had the consistency of some kind of saliva or something? They have been running tests on the stuff but they can't figure out what it is, shit, they don't even know if it's poisonous or not."

"Yes, Sano. Actually I did know that. I read the report. Did you also know that they think the wound could be some sort of a bite mark, but they are not quite sure because there is too much tissue displacement to be sure?"

"A bite mark? Damn! That would be one hellofa mouth if it was. Have to be a damn big dog to make a mark like that."

"True, but the trouble with that theory is this, dogs are not that clean with a kill. They like to chew and worry over their prey. Whatever is leaving this mark, this likes to take its time because it enjoys what it is doing. Yes," The detective nodded, and pushing the thin wire-framed glasses back up on his nose, reached for the new envelope and dumped its contents out on his desk. "It enjoys it very much. Very much indeed."

As the grisly crime scene photo's slipped free of the envelope and fluttered across the mountain of papers, several immediately caught his eye and he reached out and picked them up. Slowly flipping through them one by one, he began to notice something a bit strange and so he gathered up the rest of the pictures and carefully put them all in order according the numbers printed down in the lefthand corner. Once this was done, he started over and began to carefully examine each one for the smallest out-of-the-ordinary details.

After going through them for the third time, he began to line them up on his desk so he could look at all 15 of them at the same time. As he finished his task, he stood up and started a close perusal of the layout.

"Look at this." He motioned for the Sergeant to come and see what he was pointing out. "Do you see that? And that?"

"See what, Captain?" Sanosuke Sagara had the utmost respect for his partner, but every so often, he was fairly certain the guy was off his rocker the way he went off on his evidence inspection tangents. "I don't see anything."

"Look… here, and here… and here. Don't you see it?" The exasperation in the red heads voice was impatience at its best. "Look at his hair, the collar of his shirt… his hands, for God's sake. Look at his hands."

"What? I don't get it. What are you getting at, Kenshin?" Sano was looking at the same pictures but he sure was not seeing the same thing as his high-strung and obviously agitated partner.

"His hair is still neat and combed… see? Not one hair is out of place. There isn't a single drop of blood on his collar… not one, and his hands… Look at his hands, Sano. No defensive wounds. No scratches, no bruises… this guy didn't even crack a nail during the struggle... if there was one. Hell, his clothes aren't even dirty."

"Jesus, you 're right. He's just laying there like he's asleep… all peaceful and everything."

"That's right… peaceful... quiet... calm... no real evidence of trauma except the wound in his throat. What do you think that mean's?"

"Whatever hit him did it fast… really fast."

"Fast isn't the word, my friend." Kenshin Himura's glittering violet eyes turned to meet the bewildered gaze of his long time partner and friend. "Whatever hit him, hit him so fast that not only did he not have the chance to defend himself, he didn't even have the chance to breath, blink, or bleed."

"You saying something grabbed him, tore his throat open, sucked him clean, then just dropped him on the ground and left?" Incredulity lay heavy in the tall detectives voice. "That is insane… even for you."

"Ok, then how about this instead… Something grabbed him, knew exactly how and where to tear his throat open, sucked him clean of every last drop, LAID him on the ground without so much as mussing his hair, and then 'walked' away."

"Ahhh, bullshit!"

"You got a better idea?" Thin shapely dark brown eyebrows rose in questioning mockery as Kenshin challenged Sano to come up with a better explanation for the confusion evidence in the photographs. "If you do, I'm waiting to hear it… we got alllll night."

"I ain't saying nothing 'til I look at the other crime scene photo's, so you stay right here, Mr. Brainpan, and I'll be right back."

"Take your time… It's not like I'm going anywhere."

"Geez, you really are a pain in the ass, do you know that?"

"That's what my Mom always told me."

"Go Mom." As he walked away, Sano could hear his partners low rumbling laughter following him like a stray dog nipping at his heels. 'Damn smart-mouthed, know-it-all sonofabit…' He never could help but smile and chuckle at some of the stuff that rolled out of that guys mouth sometimes. Sure he was probably the smartest cop, and the smartest person Sano had ever met, but damn! Some of the wild hair-brained shit He came up with… the only problem was he was almost always right. 'Fuck him.'

Pulling open the second drawer of the five drawer filing cabinet, Sano searched through the dozens of case files until he found the one he was looking for and pulled it out.

File # 88732 Broadway Murders/Crime scene Photo's/Witness Statements/Police Reports/Evidence Reports/Coroner Reports

Case # 3779 Jimmy Panter

Case # 1468 Avery Nox

"Here, let's lay these out over here on the conference table so we can see all of them… good idea?"

"Yeah, good idea… I'll bring these, you start laying those out."

"Gotcha." And the two men began to carefully lay out the three sets of evidence photos until they were all in place and could be easily visualized. "Ok, Sherlock, you see anything else going on here?"

"Yes, that I do."

"What? You do? Where? What?"

"Same thing as I showed you before… Damn! I don't know how I missed it the other two times. It's just the same… Hairs neat, clothes clean, no defensive wounds… same damn thing on all three bodies." Kenshin was scratching his chin and shaking his head in incredulity as his stared at the myriad of photos spread out on the table. "Just the same..."

"Shit! You're right…" Dark brown eyes stared at the shocking evidence before them as if they had never seen anything like it before, and the seasoned detective prepared himself to eat a little crow as he cleared his throat. "Ahem... Ok, you sold me on the no fight-no struggle thing, and you even sold me on the idea that something real weird hit these guys like a fucking freight train and sucked 'em clean before they even had time to get scared and piss on themselves.. So what the hell is going on? What do you think is doing this?" Looking over at the intently thinking red-head, Sano voiced the last question he really wanted to know the answer to. "You got any ideas?"

Kenshin started to laugh under his breath as he turned to meet his partners questioning gaze. "Shit, Sano, if I told you what I think, you'd call IA on me and have me locked up in the looney bin."

"Right. I could have done that a long time ago with some of the shit you've come up with, but I haven't, have I?"

"Suppose not. But this is a little bit different, Sano. This is… well, this is just way too far out there... Even for me."

"Bloody hell, will you stop treating me like I'm in kindergarten and just tell me."

"Bloody hell? Interesting you should to put it quite like that."

"Huh?" Sano favored his eccentric partner with an extremely confused looked as he felt the first real shivers of doubt and apprehension slither their way into his stomach. "What the hell do you mean by that?"

"Well, what is the one thing in this world we all know that loves blood, needs it to live, and would be capable of subduing a grown adult male without leaving so much as one hair out of place if it so chose too?" Sano's face sunk into deeper confusion as he listened to Kenshin's bazaar questions. "What do we know that has that kind of craving and that kind of strength… and it lives and hunts it prey in the dark of the night?"

"Oh Dear God, Kenshin." Sano reared back in stunned outraged as understanding dawned inside his mind. "You can't possibly be serious. A Vampire? Are you trying to tell me a fucking Vampire did this? Have you lost your crazy little mind?"

"Look at the facts, Sano. Clean body, no blood at the crime scene or on the victims clothing, victim drained of blood, no evidence of a struggle, no defensive wounds, one very clean neck wound, crystallized… What do you think?" Shrugging in a nonchalant manner than said he did not have any other answers, Kenshin turned his attention back to the photo's on the table and started to rub his chin again.

"What does the crystallized saliva shit have to do with Vamps? I've never heard of that before?"

"It's something I read once a long time ago when I was just a kid." Kenshin pulled his glasses off and began chewing on one of the ear pieces. "There was an old book my Grandfather had hidden away in a box up in his attic. I found it one day when I was screwing around up there looking inside of all his old musty trunks and stuff. It was wrapped up inside of a ragged piece of black silk, and I remember curling up in one of the corners with it and reading all afternoon. It was some sort of an old history text or mythology account written in the Old Language."

"Old Language? Ok, you lost me. What's the Old Language?"

"It was a dialect of Romanian that my Ancestor's spoke a long, long time ago when they lived in Romania. Grandfather's side of the family has always tried to keep the language alive by teaching all of the grandchildren and great-grandchildren to speak and read the language so that it wouldn't die... So it was easy for me to read the book."

"Shit! I never knew you spoke another language."

"There isn't much call for a 400 year old dialect of Ancient Romanian, Sano." Kenshin smiled indulgently and both men chuckled.

"I suppose not."

"I remember reading that book all day... I couldn't put it down. It told a tale about the Ancients and the 'Made's', and a huge bloody Civil War that happened hundreds of years ago on the high planes of Bukarest."

"Civil war… Bukarest? You almost make it sound like it was real or something."

"I don't know, but when I read it… It almost did sound like it was real."

"Jesus, Kenshin…"

"No, listen to me, just for a minute listen, and then tell me I'm crazy."

"Fine, whatever… What about this civil war thing."

"Well, in the beginning there were only 'Pure Blood' Vampires. Those are Vampires who are born that way."

"You mean Vamps can breed and have baby Vamps?"

"Yes, that was what it said."

"Way bazaar." He mumbled.

"But in later years, after some sort of an alliance was made with the Human population, some of the Pure Bloods began indulging in a frowned upon practice of 'making' vampires out of some of the humans."

"The way we know… I bite you and suck your blood, I bite me you suck my blood… bingo, you're a Vampire?"

"More or less, yes. But something happened and the 'made' vampires revolted against the Pure Bloods, and all but slaughtered every last one of them. A very small group escaped and fled the homeland to hide in various parts of the world until 'The Coming of The One'."

"The One?"

"Supposedly there is a prophecy that one day a Vampire who is a descendant from the Royal Bloodline will rise up in the future and he will avenge the deaths of those who were slaughtered, and he will being justice back to the World of Darkness or something like that."

"And just how is he supposed to do that?"

"By bringing a holy war against the Horde of The Made and destroying them all."

"Great… Just great… but none of what you just said explains the crystal spit stuff."

"It's Vampire saliva, Sano. It is like a cauterizing substance that prevents the wound from bleeding once the Vampire has finished feeding. It also helps to dissolve the living tissue around the blood vessels once the Vampire has bitten its victim making it easier to feed. That is why the wound is so large and so clean."

"Then why are we always hearing about the two puncture wound bite marks? Is that just a made up thing or what?"

"No, the two puncture wounds are the signature mark of a 'made'. The gapping wound in the throat like these three guys are sporting is the tell tale sign of a Pure Blood." Sano's brown eyes turned into huge earthen pits of horrified shock as he began to let what his partner was telling him sink in and make sense. His troubled gaze shifted from Kenshin's intent look back to the pictures spread out across the table and he finally began seeing them for what they were. Victims. Prey. Dinner.

"Shit." A wave of nausea washed over him as he began to imagine what must have happened when each of these poor bastards had died. True, he really did not feel sorry for any of them, but to be taken out like that? A shudder coursed though his tall frame and he shut his eyes trying to block out what his mind was trying not to let solidify into a picture in front of him.

"Wicked way to go, no?" Kenshin's voice almost sounded reverent... respectful... odd?

"No, shit."

"At least it was fast, which is more than these pieces of shit deserved, but… damn. What a way to go."

"Do you think they all look like Gary Oldman in 'Dracula'?"

"No, Sano." Kenshin started to laugh and then thumped his friend on the back. "I think they look like regular people, and no one can tell them from the person they are standing next to... That is what I think."

"That's even worse." The water cooler bubbled as Sano fetched himself a cold drink in an attempt to calm his nerves. "Then we'll never know what we're looking for."

"Maybe, maybe not. " Kenshin was scratching at the back of his head like he always did when he was trying to figure something out. "I think I need to pay my Grandfather a visit."

"Your Grandfather? What for?" The water cooler bubbled again.

"See if he still has that old book , for one, and to see if he knows anything about Pure Bloods for another." That old man know's something... that he does.

"Kenshin, your Grandfather has got to be in his 90's for Christ's sake. Do you think he can remember anything other than his own name?"

"Hey, Gramps is still just as sharp as he ever was." Violet eyes snapping with irritated anger pinned Sano to the spot he was standing in. "If you don't believe me, why don't you come with me and see for yourself. He asked about you the last time I went anyway."

"He-he did?"

"Yes… He did. He wanted to know if you had gotten up of your lazy ass and asked that pretty doctor-lady out yet?"

"Megumi?" Sano squeaked falsetto and began blushing profusely. "How did he know about her?"

"Because you told him, you idiot… last year at Christmas dinner."

"Oh yeah." He smiled a sheepish embarrassed smile as he shrugged his shoulder. "I forgot."

"Sheesh! And you think HE'S forgetful. What a moron." Kenshin started to stuff the pictures back into the case folder. "I ought to tell him what you said."

"Oh hey, wait a minute… ah, don't do that… I was only kidding, Ken. I didn't mean anything by it." Inwardly Kenshin smiled as he listened to his friend shitting backwards trying to cover up his grand phoepah where his Grandfather's memory and credibility were concerned.

"All right, fine. But I'm still going to make you go with me. He asks about you all the time."

"Great… just great."

"Ahh, quite your moping. You'll get a free meal out of it."

"I will." Immediately Sano's mood lightened and his eyes got bright with anticipation. Kenshin's Grandfather might be older than the hills, but he was one hellofa good cook. "When we leaving?"

********************************************************** *************************

The two girls standing on the street corner were both wearing less than they actually had on. Neither skirt did much to cover more than the barest curve of their ass and the juncture of their crotch. The tiny brunette had on a pair of fishnet stockings that had seen better days. But her five-inch, blood-red platform heels and matching brassiere more than made up for the other imperfections. Her mousy haired partner was wearing a tight white knit tube-top and matching four-inch spikes without hose, and her face, though heavily made up, showed several dark bruises around both of her eyes. She was extremely nervous although her perky friend seemed not to notice.

"Cheryl?" Her voice was small and whiney.

"What?"

"I need to go... I have to get home before my mom leaves."

"What are you talking about, Gwen? You can't just leave... Nicky'll have your ass if you do."

"I can't help it. She's... She's watching my little girl, and I have to go... She won't stay after one." Gwen's face became urgent and fearful. "Tami's only 3... I can't leave her there by herself."

"You should've thought about that shit before you got pregnant, stupid... If you don't turn at least $500 tonight, Nicky'll beat the shit out of you worse than ever."

"But..."

"No buts... You're the one who wanted a pimp... remember?"

"I know, but... I didn't know it was going to be like THIS... I can't stay, you know I can't."

"I don't know nothing. That's your problem, girly, not mine."

"Dammit! Why won't you help me? This is my baby we're talking about."

"That's it, sweetie-pie... YOUR baby, she ain't mine... YOUR problem, not mine."

"Damn you... I hate you!" Tears started to stream down Gwen's face as she struggled to find an answer to her dilemma and found none. She knew Cheryl was right, if she left again, Nicky would no doubt beat her worse than he ever had before... but she couldn't leave Tami home alone again. If she did...

"I have to go..."

"Whatever... It's your funeral."

Gwen rushed down the alley with one thought preying on her frantic mind. 'Tami...' It was one-thirty in the morning. Her mom had left a half an hour ago which meant if Tami woke up, she would find herself all alone again, and if that happened again...

"Oh God.... help me get there, please don't let her wake up... please... I don't want to lose her, she's all I've got that's mine. Please, God... Keep her sleeping... please..." Then suddenly a big brown hand snaked out from nowhere and smashed into the front of her neck throwing her backward onto the ground with bone-jarring force. As she slammed onto the pavement, Gwen began coughing in a harsh uncontrollable manner. Pain lanced through her windpipe and jaw and her hands wrapped themselves around her throbbing neck in an instinctive show of self protection.

"Well, well, well... what have we here... a little runaway birdy?" The nauseatingly smooth voice of Nick Vausquez oozed its way into Gwen's ringing ears and she felt a lightening bolt of fear stab through her heart and soul as she realized he was what had stopped her head long flight down the alley. 'Oh God,' She thought hysterically. 'He's gonna kill me...'

"Now... Aren't you just the prettiest little birdy..." Nicky reached down and ran his hand in an almost loving gesture over the coughing, sobbing girl's sweat damp hair until he reached the back of her head. Once there he immediately grabbed a fist full of her mousy locks and twisted it tightly up in his hand yanking her head back at a harsh angle. "Too bad you won't be pretty for very long... eh, little birdy? Heheheheheh..."

"Oh God, please don't hurt me..." She was crying, tears flooding the thin hollows of her cheeks as she struggled to pull herself free from his malicious grasp. "I... have to... g-get home to my b-baby.." But all that she heard was his cruel foul laughter as he forced her head back even farther until Gwen was certain her neck was going to snap. Little blue, white, and pink daisies and stars began to explode in front of her eyes as the pain blossomed in the base of her skull, and the world started to go dark... 'Tami.....'

"Hey, Nicky..." The smooth silky voice floated like smoke on a spring breeze down through the foul-smelling alley and slid velvet gloved hand's along the sensual nerve endings of the Pimp's already cocaine high senses. "Wanna come and play with the big girls, Baby?"

"Who... Wha... Where you at?" Glazed glittering brown eyes darted around the narrow space searching for the woman who belonged to that amazingly hot voice, but Nicky could not see anyone about but himself and this stupid whore who was trying to run out on him. "Come on out, Sweet-thing, I can't see ya..." He was trying like hell to make his voice sound smooth and cool so whoever she was she would at least show herself. If she was anything to match her voice... she was a killer, and the hard-on he had already was just about to rip out of the seams of his black leathers.

"You don't need to see me, Baby." She crooned to him in that satiny voice that nearly had him creaming in his pants. "I can see you just fine... so why don't you get rid of your grimy little friend so we can be alone... hmmmm?"

"I.... ah..." Shit! He really wanted to get his monies worth off this bitch tonight. It was the third time in a month she had ditched her corner and she was costing him the profits he knew he could get off her skinny ass, and he had really had it with her. He was just aching to feel some of her bones crunching between his fingers tonight... but... that voice... Goddamn! But his cock was hard!!

"I'm over here, Lover-boy... If you want something good, you're going to have to come and get it... come on, Baby... you want something good, don't you?" It sang, it purred... it vibrated in his blood, and he knew he had to have her... he had to. The hunger was like a fire in his soul and it burned along his skin until he thought he might scream with the need and desire that was suddenly consuming him... Suddenly he was throwing the whore from his grip and charging blindly into the shadows in search of the woman who belonged to that mesmerizing voice. He knew he would go insane if he didn't feel her body crushed beneath his soon... if he was not inside of her soon... if she was not his... but...

"Hello Nicky... I have been waiting for you... you've been a very bad boy, haven't you?."

"Oh Dear God," The most incredible sapphire blue eyes he had ever seen in his life glittered in the dark as if they bore a light source all their own. For the briefest moment his mind wondered about that fact, but then the thought was swept away and forgotten as her face materialized before him. "Beautiful..." He whispered as the features of an Aphrodite statue framed with hair blacker than the night itself drew near to his face. "So incredibly beautiful... God in Heaven..."

"God had little to do with it, My Sweet Nicky..." She whispered in that astonishingly sensual voice as her sinuous body pressed itself against his and molded it every curved and plane while her nubile arms wound possessively around his neck and shoulders. "Time... My Darling... Time has made me what I am... not God. You are pleased, no?"

"Oh yessss.... oh yesss..." Hardly breathing, Nick bent into her and brushed his lips against her finding them hot and softer than anything he could have ever imagined. A long heavy moan escaped him as he was suffused with a desire that filled his mind and took full control of all of his action, and as the primitive side of him arose, his mouth hardened and he seized her lips in a hard hungry kiss of passion and lust. As he held her head still forcing her to succumb to his deepest kiss, her long ebony hair became tangled in his hands while his tongue plundered the deepest treasures of her mouth.

Moan after moan was ripped from his throat as his ravished her mouth, her throat, her face and yet she made not one noise but simply stood willing in his embrace letting him have his way until it seemed his passion would burn them both alive with its heat.

"You want me, Nicky?" The breathlessly spoken question rose between them as his mouth skidded a path of liquid fire along her creamy throat. "You want to Love me, My Darling One?"

"Oh God, yes.... I want you... I want you more than anything I've ever wanted...."

"More than your little whore's, Nicky? Do you want me more than your little whore's?"

"Yes, Baby... Always more than them... they mean nothing to me... just you... it'll always be just you. I swear it. Just you... Just you, forever..."

"Forever, Nicky? Forever?"

"Forever, Baby... Forever..."

"Isn't that a pretty dream, Nicky...? Forever?"

"Huh? What did you say?" Confused he pulled away from her and looked into her porcelain perfect face. "What?"

"Forever, Darling... Isn't it a pretty dream?"

"I... I don't understand what your talking about?"

"I know you don't... That is why it is such a pretty dream... because YOU will never know anything about it you disgusting bastard!" Suddenly her eyes changed from glowing sapphire lanterns to flaming red coals of fire and Nick sucked in a breath of fear as he froze in terrified shock. "You are the thief of forever, Nicky... but not anymore... You don't get to live forever, you sack of vomitus slag... YOU GET TO DIE!"

"Noooo...." His voice became a tiny squeaking whisper of terror as he watched the two very long canine teeth growing before his eyes reach a length of well over an inch. They were pure milky white and seemed to glow in the dark as she smiled up at him and playfully flicked her small pink tongue through the gap between them.

"It's Ok, Nicky." She crooned into his terrified face. "It'll only hurt for a minute." And then suddenly she was burrowing into the curve of his neck, but still he could not seem to move... somehow, in the process of seducing him she had rendered him incapable of fleeing and he was her unwilling frozen prey fully alert, terrified, and unable to run or fight as he felt those long razor-sharp fangs sink into the flesh of his throat and puncture both his jugular and carotid arteries.

'I'm dying... God.... Heellpp...' Oddly, there was little pain... but then, his life drained out of him so quickly he hardly had the opportunity to register that he was dead before he was gone and she was laying him on the ground.

"Fuck-you, Nick Vasquez." The beautiful ebony haired Vampire woman spite on the ground next to the body (the first time she had ever done that after one of her kills), and then turned and walked away into the darkness of the shadows. "One less fucking Pimp-asshole for the world to deal with... good riddance sewer-rat... don't expect any roses at the funeral, maybe a box of old dogshit, but no roses."

A/N: there it is!! How was it???