Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ 12 Months ❯ Love in All Its Forms ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER FOUR - Love in All Its Forms

The wedding was simple. No formal party, no large crowds, just the Kenshin-gumi and the Akabeko girls…no one else. Everybody left, understanding the need for the couple to finally be alone. Sano retreated to his row house and accompanying him was Yahiko. Megumi walked back to the clinic along with Genzai-sensei. Tsubame and Tae-san did the same. The gates shut. Silence overcame the small area. Being alone with your lover did feel sort of…weird…but sometimes, it drives the insanity of a person from inside to take over. But not tonight…not tonight…

The couple entered a large unused room, possessions in hand. After all, they are officially a married couple. They need a larger room to accommodate them both.

“This was my parent’s room…Now, it’s ours.”

Kaoru opened the closet and pulled out a large purple futon, large enough for the newlyweds to slumber in. Kenshin dropped his belongings at the doorway and closed the shoji shut as his wife began to open dressers and fill them with her items.

“What are you doing, koibitou?” Kenshin said with a smirk on his face.

“I’m settling in, you should be too.” She turned her head to see her husband’s face.

“Aa, demo, tonight is our night. We have all the time to settle in, de gozaru.” He said approaching his wife.

He wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and placed butterfly kisses, tracing her jaw line. Kaoru responded with a soft moan; she then raised her head to give him more access to her neck.

“What are we doing?” she asked being the naïve woman she was well-known for.

“I don’t know…”

“Keep going, anyway…”

* * *

Kaoru shouted his name at the top of her lungs as she climaxed, leaving her to pant uncontrollably due to her condition. Kenshin fell on top of her as they both breathed heavily.

He settled in behind her before he enveloped her with his arms. Slightly twitching, Kaoru held the arm lying over her and fidgeted with its calloused fingers. Before she could fully close her lids, she placed butterfly kisses on each finger.

“Aishiteru…Itsumademo…”

B ut her husband didn’t hear her. He gave in to slumber because he was fatigued with what they had experienced, a mere minute ago - love, in all its forms.