Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ 12 Months ❯ Proposal ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER THREE - Proposal

Ten more months…till the dreaded day. Kaoru, on the other hand, is having the time of her limited life. After all, having the perfect man as your “boyfriend” would never disappoint you. Soft footsteps padded down the hallway, then to the gate.

“Koibitou, I’m going to the market, de gozaru. Would you like me to buy you something?”

“Iie! I’m fine! Kiwotsukete!” she said, waving to the rurouni.

“Ja!”

As soon as the gate shut, Kaoru ran to her room and changed to her training wear. She rampaged all over the dojo looking for a certain spiky - haired young boy.

“Yahiko! Yahiko! (cough)”

“Hai, busu…I mean, Kaoru…”

“Let’s train!”

“But…what if?”

“What if, what? Come on, don’t kill my joy!”

“O-Okay…”

* * *

“Never leave your chest or your belly open! Straighten your back! That way, you leave your torso hidden.”

“HIIIYYYAAHHH!”

“Too slow! EHH!” the shihondai defended herself and backfired the boy’s attack.

“UGH!” Yahiko grunted as he fell flat on the ground.

SLAM! The second body followed.

“KAORU!!!” Yahiko ran to his trainer.

“Kenshin’s gonna kill me!” he said approaching the panting shihondai.

“Kaoru! Get a grip will ya?!” he yelled at the woman, now couching up blood in her lying position.

“Kaoru!”

* * *

“Kaoru! Megumi-dono is here for your daily check-up, de gozaru!” Kenshin yelled as he entered the gates of the dojo.



“Maybe she’s asleep…”

“She just woke up before I left de gozaru yo.”

“Kenshin! Megumi! Kaoru fainted in the dojo!” the boy ran to the adults.

“NANI?! Didn’t I tell you NO TRAINING OR ANY SORT OF STRENUOS ACTIVITY?! AT THIS RATE, SHE’LL BE DEAD BY NEXT MONTH!” the doctor said as she ran to her patient.

“Yahiko-kun! What happened? Did you spar with her?!” Kenshin yelled at the boy.

“yes…”

“DOUSHITE?!” he said, as he lifted the young boy by his shoulders, almost going Battousai.

“I thought we were supposed to make her happy…I thought that, if I sparred with her, she’d be happy…”

“Yahiko-kun…”

̶ 0;Kenshin, I’m so sorry! Please forgive me! I didn’t mean it! She was having fun and…”

“Yahiko-kun…it’s alright…you were just doing you part…I’m sorry for yelling at you.”

“She’ll be fine, right?” the boy stared at him, tears drowning his eyes.

“Hai…Let’s go see her.”

* * *

As soon as Kaoru woke up, Kenshin took her out for a walk, letting her breathe fresh air to calm her senses.

“Kenshin…are…are you mad at me?”

“…”

“Kenshin I’m sorry…I only have a number of months left and I thought I should take responsibility and finish his training.”

“It’s alright. I understand…” he said, embracing her.



“Kaoru…I have mustered up all my courage tonight…I want to make you happy, for the rest of your life…right by your side…”

Kaoru stood there resting her hand on her chest, surprised at his awkwardness. Tears wanted to fall down her cheeks as she waited for the words she expected to hear from the very lips of her lover. In addition to the pressure upon her, Kenshin started making his way down on his knee. Unable to hold the anxiety in, she acted innocently and followed him, falling to her right knee.

“Why are we on our knees?” she said naively.

“Kaoru…please stand…for me…”

She did so. The pressure was lying heavily on her shoulders again. More tears soaked her eyes for joy as she waited for the words…the right words…

“Kamiya Kaoru, will you give sessha the honor of being your husband?” he pulled a ring from his sleeve. The most magnificent ring she has ever seen in her entire life. Far more magnificent than the one he previously found in a catfish.

“Kenshin…this is all too sudden…I…I…”

“Will you?”

She blushed furiously but slowly began to smile.

“I…I accept…”

* * *