Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Fairen Destiny ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: You don't really think I own Kenshin do you? I didn't think so….
 
EDITTED!!!!!!!!!
 
*If you've read this before ya might want to read it again!*
 
My title and summary suck! -_- OK! Hi peoples. Um…this is my first fanfic (first time really writing something at that) so when you read this (if you read this) you know why it sucks so much!
 
Also…This is set in medieval times setting and this is fantasy so there's probably a lot a stuff that will confuse you but bear with me for I shall do my best to explain. And if you're still confused (I will be very surprised if you aren't) just ask me and I'll try to explain better.
 
Ok now that I've bored you, onto the chapter!
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Wham. He crashed against the wall. He felt a wing bone crunching and blood filling his mouth. He slid to the ground, leaving a line of blood on the wall. Green light shot towards him and he rolled, narrowly dodging. The walls shook as stone crumbled from where he had been. Rubble and ruin were everywhere.
 
The man swung his sword, emitting a purple light to counter another onslaught of green bolts of light. It looked like light at any rate. He flew towards the man he was fighting. Thrashing his sword and sending blades of purple at him. Dimly he heard distant shouting and screaming.
 
His attention was on his opponent. Most of his blades sliced at the man but he flew into the air before any real damage happened. Both sported a number of bleeding gashes.
 
He followed him into the air, dodging and swerving his adversary's attacks and falling ceiling. His opponent formed a fiery sword in his hands as he reached him. They countered blow for blow, sometimes striking, sometimes missing. It seemed like for hours they fought. It could have been minutes for all he knew though. All that mattered was that he beat this man.
 
His strength was giving out, he could feel it. The other man was winning, they both knew it. He was too tired. He became more and more aware of his wounds and gashes. Feel the blood sliding off and along his body. He never stopped though, never gave up. He would not stop until one, of them was dead, or even both.
 
His name was being shouted. Not by his opponent in front of him but someone from the ground. He took a second to look but that was all the other man needed to strike and send him crashing down. Slam. His body shook with the force of the blow, along with surrounding floor. Blood was pooling around him. Pain. That was all he felt.
 
He still heard his name being shouting. “Koijirou! Koijirou!” He knew that voice. A woman appeared over him, grabbing his body and shaking him. “Koijirou!” White light surrounded him and he felt the pain receding. She was healing him. “Izu. Where's Ru? You must run. I'll fight him.” Koijirou's body was healed, he could feel it. He felt rejuvenated. He looked up past Izu and saw the man he was fighting healing himself. That was why nothing had attacked them yet. “I'm not leaving you. You need help. Ien's too strong.”
 
“But Ru-”
 
“Is with Hiko. Now stand up.” He stood, leaning momentarily on Izu for balance. He righted himself and beat his wings, becoming air born once more. Izu following him closely. The man, Ien, was also healed, though bruises and small cuts still covered him. He never was good at healing.
 
They both fought him now. They stood a chance together. But Ien still held out. He still had more strength than Koijirou, both magic and physical. Koijirou assaulted Ien with offensive magic and sword. He relied on Izu to defend for him. She managed offensive attacks too. Ien seemed to have no problem fighting them both.
 
He countered Koijirou's steel sword, now glowing with magic, with his own fire wrought one and shielded against Izu's jets and blades of red light. He didn't block all attacks though. Izu and Koijirou were slowly wearing him down. He still seemed confident though. He had some sort of help. Ien was never magically this strong before. He should have fallen long before now.
 
They would win though. Even if they died with him, Izu and Koijirou would win. Neither was using all their magic. It was slow, they still had to fight him, but they were combining their strength and forming one attack to wipe out Ien and whatever was helping him too. Ien didn't know, he thought they were fighting him with everything. He was a fool. They would win.
 
Something moved on the ground, but not being an attack, he and Izu ignored it. So did Ien. He was finally weakening. Ien didn't show it but his attacks' strength was diminishing. Something still moved on the ground.
 
Hours. Still it seemed hours that they fought. But now. Now they could strike, they could end it now. He slashed at Ien, Izu shooting fire balls at him, and both attacks struck. Now. They halted their assault and concentrated. The magic they were gathering blended together. A ball of blinding light formed. It grew and grew. Ien still came at them. Koijirou parried against him while Izu concentrated on blending their magic. One more attack. Koijirou threw Ien back and soared quickly to Izu to finish the blinding ball of pure magic.
 
Done. He was more than aware of the weariness building up in him. Never mind all his injuries or blood draining from his and Izu's bodies. One more attack. Just one more and it was done. He could feel himself fading. It was getting harder to stay airborne. Koijirou gripped his sword and Izu turned to face him. He understood. He raised his sword, deflecting any attacks Ien threw at them. Izu forced the sphere of magic into the sword, completely enveloping it. The sword became huge, larger than Koijirou himself. Izu gripped the pulsing blade of magic with him.
 
Ien was all panic, shooting jets desperately a them in vain, calling out to someone, crying for help, more power. “You'll not win! You'll not win! He's still alive. He will defeat you!”
 
They swung.
 
The blade sliced through Ien. Cutting him in half, completely destroying him. Blood sprayed everywhere. Blood and lumps of flesh were all that fell to the ground. The pulsing magic in the sword flew from it, seeking out Ien's source of strength.
 
They won.
 
He was defeated. Ien was dead. Izu and Koijirou drifted to the ground, collapsing to the floor. Their bodies were numb as blood pooled around them. So tired. His wings were like lead.
 
Both could feel their magic seeking out the source of all this. It had to be destroyed as well. There. They felt the magic ripping at something. Someone. Him. They forced the magic, however distant it was-they weren't sure-to destroy. It stopped. He wasn't dead. He was close but not dead. Neither had anything left to fight with though. Something stirred behind a piece of collapsed ceiling. Lifting her head, Izu turned to see what was. He couldn't find the strength to look just then.
 
The thing stepped out and he heard Izu gasp, choking back a sob. “Ru.” Koijirou spun his head in the direction of Izu's. Ru. Ru stood there trembling. Blue eyes wide and black cropped hair matted with blood and dust covered the child's torn clothing. Tears escaped Ru's wide eyes. The poor child looked pathetic. Ru walked hesitantly at first then rushed to Koijirou and Izu.
 
“Why are you here? I told you to run. Where's Hiko? Ru you must leave now.” Koijirou could here the quaking in Izu's voice. He vaguely wondered how she had the strength to speak. Death suddenly wanted to take its time in claiming their lives.
 
“I can't leave you. Hiko's coming. Please hold on. He can save you. Please.” Ru made no effort to stop the tears and instead allowed Izu to pull Ru close, gripping the child in a hug. Ru made no protests.
 
Koijirou smiled at the two, feeling his senses fade around him. Izu met his eyes, anything she wanted to say she said in her thoughts and tear filled eyes. He understood. Koijirou wiped the tears from Ru's eyes before taking hold of Izu's hand. It was all he could manage. Ru stared at him, bleeding and crying. “Don't, please don't.”
 
“I'll see you again.” it was meant for both of them. His sight faded and death finally took him. Izu couldn't stop the tears running down her face. Ru just stared at a loss for words.
 
Izu slumped to the floor, still holding Ru in her arms. “Izu! Ru!” a man ran, stopping in front of them. A large man with dark black hair and eyes with ruffled wings and tattered clothes covered in blood. Izu hadn't even heard him. “Hiko.” Her voice was faint and hoarse. He tried to interrupt but she wouldn't let him. “Take Ru. Please. You must go.” It was getting harder to breathe. Hiko was staring at the blood pooled around Her and Koijirou's bodies, vainly trying to sense any life from Koijirou's corpse. “You have nothing left, why so much magic? Ien was not that strong.” He knew he couldn't save her, that she was going to die with Koijirou.
 
“Get Ru to safety. Follow the magic's trail. You can still sense it.” Her breath came in short rasps and she could barley hear her own voice. “We couldn't kill it. We tried but we couldn't. Do what you must but keep Ru safe, Hiko. Please.” Black spotted around her eyes. She felt Ru's sobs against her chest double. “Go with Hiko, Ru. Go. I'll see you again.”
 
Hiko grasped Ru's shoulder, trying to pry the weeping child from Izu. Ru shook him off, clutching to Izu's bloodied blouse. “Not you too. Not you too! You can't leave! Please. He's here. Let Hiko heal you. Do something Hiko please!”
 
Izu took each small hand from her, that she had the strength to do so was a miracle. “There's nothing he can do. I will die Ru but you'll see me again. You'll see both of us again. Go with him. You must live. You must. Goodbye Ru.” Hiko took hold of Ru, who was wailing with arms flailing, trying got get back to Izu. “No Please! You can't die! You can't! Mother! You and Father can't leave me!”
 
Tears flowed Izu's eyes silently, replacing the blood that couldn't flow any longer. Ru had kept her alive this long but now she had to die. She wasn't afraid of death. Neither was Koijirou. Ru and Hiko turned a corner but she felt Ru could still her last breath and whisper. “You'll finish this and live Ru. You will finish and live. Kaoru.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
*looks around* wow you people actually read this! I feel special. Yes I know evil boring prologue but it must be done. Don't worry I'll actually have a few people you actually know in the next chapter. In fact I'm working on it right after this is done and it should be up to! (unless I screwed up or something) so be happy!
 
Please still review so what little self esteem I have doesn't and if you flame me that just means I suck and I need to vastly improve so still review!
 
OH! And um `bout Kaoru's parents I have no Idea if that's their names or not. I think that's Kaoru's dad's name but I'm not sure and if it is, I know I completely misspelled it and I know Izu was totally wrong I just picked some random name I remembered reading somewhere so…yeah.
 
Now PLEASE REVIEW! (I know you hate hearing that but I can't help myself lol)