Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Fairen Destiny ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If I owned Kenshin none of you would be reading this right now…

See? What I'd tell ya? You get two chapters instead of one (though this one's probably just as boring as the prologue) And you'll know a few people in this chapter as well so that's good though I'm pretty sure I made `em out OOC but I tried not to. Tell me how I did ok?

Oh and (you're probably going to hurt me for this) Kenshin's not in this chapter. *ducks as things are thrown at her* but don't worry! He's in the next chapter…I think….let me rephrase that. I think he's in the next chapter, he should be but then again what do I know? Alright I see some of you are starting to fall asleep so on with the chapter!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~< /div>

"Nooooooooo!" a young woman screamed jolting upright from bed. "No, no wait-" she looked around and realized she was in her room. `It was just a dream but it seemed so real. Who were those people? They seemed…familiar'

She sat in her bed thinking about her dream when a young maid came in "Mi' lady, are you awake yet? Lady Tomoe is waiting for you at the forest's edge." "Okay but why does she-." Realization dawned on her face as she remembered something. "Oh no I'm supposed to meet her there and I'm late!"

With that she jumped out of bed and at lighting speed changed and raced past the servant and out the door. She raced out of a huge castle and straight through the castle gates and continued running as fast as she could until she finally reached the forest.

"Finally you're here what took you? Sleep in again?" a young woman asked while leaning against tree looking quite bored. "Shut…up…Misao."

Misao had very long black hair in a low braid and bright blue-green eyes though what was unusual about her was that she had wings like that of a fairy, four transparent light blue wings.

The other girl who ran was hunched over against a tree gasping for breath. She didn't have wings but she did have pointy ears like that of an elf as did Nelae. "Don't have to if I don't want to Kaoru. Now come on Tomoe's waiting for us." Kaoru gave her an evil look before getting up and following Nelae to where a small hutch stood.

In front of the house a woman holding a long intricately-designed staff with a blue gem at the top stood waiting patiently for the two to come. She gave off an aurora of calm and elegance with a very tranquil yet serious look on her face. The woman had dark black hair in a low ponytail. She also had wings but unlike Misao's, she had two large feather covered wings like that of a bird's.

"Lady Tomoe I'm really sorry for being late I didn't mean to." Kaoru apologized as she and Misao approached her. "It's alright you're here now so we can get you ready so you can leave." "Oh okay"

They followed her into the hutch where inside many vials and books and papers lay scattered across the floor and few furnishings inside.

"Apparently Megumi hasn't cleaned as I asked her to do. I am sorry for the mess" Lady Tomoe apologized and then walked over to a table and gathered a bung of necklaces with small glowing gems attached.

"These are for you Kaoru in case you run into trouble and Misao can't help you but do use them sparingly. They are only fro emergencies."

"Wait why's Misao coming too? Is that why you're here? Lady Tomoe I don't need help I can get that boy on my own."

"Maybe, but your going through Naur Taure and the dracins are there too and if come across one you'll need help plus that boy can't even use is powers."

"But-" "No buts. Misao is going with you and that's that."

"FINE. Be that way. But I still say I don't need help" Tomoe acted as if she didn't hear the last part and was already out the door.

"If it makes you fell better Kaoru, she's just sending me with you so you won't get hurt." "No it doesn't Misao, it doesn't" with that they set off into the forest and were off to wherever it was they were heading.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kaoru and Misao were walking through the forest, actually Kaoru was walking and Misao kept flying ahead and flying back and it was really starting to bug Kaoru.

"Misao, would you please stop flying back and forth. I can't fly so we're not going to get there any faster by you doing that."

"Sorry but this is taking forever and I'm bored."

"It`s not that much farther Misao. Just give it another five or ten minutes and we'll be at the village. Besides Tomoe teleported us here and if you think a 15 minute walk is bad you're gonna die on the trip back because that's two days."

"Ugh you are right I'm gonna die." Misao said groaned and reluctantly joined Kaoru on the, in her opinion, long and tedious walk.

Apparently it was going to take longer than 15 minutes to get there. Kaoru didn't really care as long as she left the castle. She started thinking about how she even got to go.

Tomoe had been talking to her mother and father, the high lord and lady, about finally locating the descendent of an ancient …someone, she wasn't really sure who. Anyway Tomoe wanted to bring him here but someone would have to do it physically because he had many spells cast on him preventing her teleporting him and he lived amongst humans and elves.

Since everyone here had wings it would be hard to get there without someone noticing. Everyone except Kaoru that is since she had no wings, though she still had elf-like ears but that wasn't really a problem. So she eagerly volunteered to go but it took some persuasion since her mother was being a little too protective of her…again. She agreed in the end though and that's how she got here.

Kaoru couldn't help but be slightly upset that Misao was here too because it meant they didn't think she could do this on her own. She had to admit though that Misao would help her if she got in trouble and she would keep things from getting to boring. She wasn't sure how they got hold of Misao either. Misao w supposed to be off training at some secret base camp when all this happened.

Kaoru always resented the fact that she didn't have wings so she couldn't fly and that she couldn't do magic for some unknown reason. Everyone else could so why couldn't she? What she hated worse though was the fact that everyone made it worse by thinking that just because she couldn't do those two things she couldn't do anything else and tried doing everything for her. She hated being waited on and treated like a glass doll that would break any second. It just wasn't her, she was always independent or at least tried to be.

Kaoru was caught up in her thoughts when Misao nudged her making her realize they reached the border of the forest and reached the town where whoever it was they were looking for was supposed to be.

"Okay Kaoru I can't go out there so you're on your own. Yeah, yeah I know Yippee." Kaoru had suddenly gotten a huge smile on her face and was about to shout for joy.

"Just contain yourself `til your done searching then you can scream your head off for all I care. Just remember to be careful and don't give anyone a reason to panic."

"I'm not that stupid Misao, I already knew that."

"Well you could have fooled me." Kaoru glared at her.

"Anyway just get him so we can leave."

"One question."

"What?"

"How am I supposed to recognize him?"

"How should I know!? Lady Tomoe said you'd just recognize him."

"Great. Thanks Misao you're a big help."

"Yeah I know I am. Now just go. You're being annoying."

"And you're not?" Kaoru ducked, avoiding a kunai from embedding itself in her arm and stuck her tongue out Misao. Kaoru headed into the town searching, what she was beginning to think in vain, for this `mystery boy'.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

YAY! I'm done! That only took forever (I'm a slow typer) plus I deleted half of everything I wrote and changed it. So you're still awake (least I think you are) and that means you can tell me how did. Please? I want know how bad I suck and where I need to improve. I also have a big favor to ask!

Um about Kaoru's `parents (the ones mentioned in this chapter not the prologue), I have no idea what to name them ^_^;; I know what their surnames are but as for first names I'm lost. Could ya all give me some suggestions? PLEASE? Unless you want me to keep calling them mother/lady and father/lord or somehow avoiding saying their names but I think that would be VERY hard to do and I think ya all will get annoyed very fast with that. So PLEASE leave a name for me for at least one of them. I'd really appreciate it and shall give credit to whoever comes up with their names.

And I know I didn't really describe everyone all that well (especially Kaoru) but I did that on purpose (plus you should all know how they look already) you'll see why when I come up with the next chapter (or the one after it ^_^;)

Ok now ya all know what to do! REVIEW! I've written the prologue and first chapter and now you all must review and tell me how bad I did lol till the second chapter! By for now!

DON'T FORGET TO REVIEW PEOPLE! ^_^