Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Somewhere I belong ❯ It's my life ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1:

It's my life

A young girl about nineteen years of age ran through the streets of Tokyo trying to stay as far a head of the cops that were fast on her track. She has done nothing wrong and yet she knows they are after her for one main reason to take her home. So she ran as fast as her legs could carry here since being caught and taken back to that place she no longer wanted to call home, and all because some people that considered them selves her parents after her real parents pasted away when she was little in a car accident wanted her to come back and live with them.

"Stop in the name of the Law!" One of the police officers yelled.

"Not in your life time buddy!" She yelled as she turned a corner.

She continued to run taking sharp turns or knocking over trash cans hoping that, that would slow down her pressures just enough for her to get some wear safe, 'if I could only get to the old abandoned Kamiya Kasshin-ryu dojo to hide until the heat dies down' She though as she turned yet another trash can over. 'I'm not staying in this town any longer' She thought as she turned yet another sharp corner as she ran. The cops were keeping up with her pretty well a couple took detours while others kept their sights set on the young woman running in front of them and yet they still couldn't catch her they got close several times mind you but not close enough oh but they had a plain since several of there officers took a different root knowing she would eventually end up at the precise spot where they stood watching the exit of the ally she was currently down.

"She's headed your way!" Yelled one of the officers into his radio.

"We're ready for her." Said another officer.

They knew they would get her this time she can't out fox the Tokyo Police Force not this time. As they continued to chase her they noticed she was slowing down almost like she was tired but then again who wouldn't be if they ran at least five miles. The young woman was getting rather tired she knew if she slowed down they would catch her for sure and she didn't want that but hell her legs were starting to hurt and so was her head. Right as she turned the last corner she smacked right in to the waiting officers at the end of the ally she just exited.

"Let me go!" She screamed.

"Please calm down miss Nemoto." One of the officers holding her said to her.

"Please let me go I don't want to go back." She said starting to cry.

She finally stopped her struggling knowing full well it was getting her nowhere she sighed in defeat. The officer holding her didn't release her even though she stopped her attempts at getting free oh no he wasn't letting her go not in this life time because he didn't want to have to chase her all over Tokyo again for the third time this month. The other officers approached looking at the young woman shaking and crying in the arms of one of the other officers who was quit shaken himself.

"Nice job officer Abukara." Said another officer.

"Haha thanks a lot." Officer Abukara said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes.

"So do we know anything about her other then her last name?" Ask officer Baisotei.

"Yeah we found out her first name is Anya." Said officer Abukara as he placed Anya in the patrol car.

"Pretty name but not vary common around Tokyo." Said officer Baisotei.

"True but she is different I mean she goes to that old abandon dojo not far from here." Said officer Abukara.

"Yeah and they will not tare it down because its some type of landmark." Officer Baisotei said scratching his head.

As the two officers talked about the dojo Anya considered more of a home then the place she currently lived. 'Why will people not leave me be?' Anya asked herself as she looked out the window. After some time the officers got in the patrol car.

"You know you worried the hell out of your parents." Officer Baisotei said.

"There not my parents." Anya said as a matter of fact.

"Oh." Officer Abukara said as he started the car.

"Yeah they took me in after my real parents died in a car accident." Anya said as she watched the two men.

"I'm sorry to hear that miss Nemoto." Officer Baisotei said.

"Not your fault." Anya said sadly.

"How about we take you home?" Officer Abukara said changing the subject.

"Whatever." Anya said.

So the two officers took Anya to her foster parents who were extremely worried about their foster child that was able to do whatever she wanted as long as she told them first which she always did but still they worried about her, just like any normal parent would do.

End chapter 1