Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Somewhere I belong ❯ I don't want to ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

I don't want to

The drive to Anya's foster family was rather quit since Anya didn't feel like talked but the two police officers talked about work and a few other things but other than that it was quit and Anya was still not happy about going back to that home.

"Alright miss Nemoto we're almost to our destination." Officer Abukara said.

"Whatever." Anya said as she rolled her eyes.

"You live with the Yoshizaki family, right?" Asked officer Baisotei.

"Yeah if you can call it that." Anya said smugly.

Officer Abukara and officer Baisotei were taken back by Anya's smug yet sad comment about living with the Yoshizaki family. 'Why do they even give a rats ass about me?' Anya asked her self as they stopped at a stoplight. Anya looked out the window and sighed deeply she didn't want to go back to that house even though they treated her like there own child she still didn't want to stay with them and the only reason she did was because her parents trusted these people enough to leave their only daughter with them.

"Here we are, miss Nemoto." Officer Abukara said.

Anya didn't answer him but sighed officer Abukara in away felt sorry for the young woman but knew best not to interfere with matters he does not know. Officer Abukara shut off the patrol car and turned around to look at Anya who was crying slightly when Anya looked up she saw officer Abukara looked at her so she wiped her eyes and looked at him strangely before asking him why he was staring at her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Anya asked.

"Its just we thought you would be happy to be home." Officer Baisotei said.

"Nope sorry wrong." Anya said wiping her eyes again.

"Does the Yoshizaki family treat you badly?" Officer Abukara asked.

"No, they treat me like all parents should… with love and care." Anya said.

"So then why are you crying?" Officer Baisotei asked.

"Because I don't want to be here." Anya said starting to cry again.

As the officers talked to Anya in the car her foster parents walked out of the house hoping that the police were able to catch there sergeant daughter and bring her home to them safe and sound. Mrs. and Mr. Yoshizaki were very worried about there daughter even though she wasn't really their daughter she was their responsibility to watch over and protect like they had promise Anya's real parents when Anya was only ten years of age. The officers got out of the car leaving Anya by herself and approached Mrs. and Mr. Yoshizaki to tell them she was safe and sound.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. and Mr. Yoshizaki." The two officers greeted in unison.

"Good afternoon as well." Mrs. Yoshizaki said smiling.

"Well we caught Anya." Officer Baisotei said.

"We hope she didn't give you to much trouble." Mr. Yoshizaki said.

"No, not at all she just run us around basically all over Tokyo." Officer Abukara said.

"You didn't even run." Officer Baisotei said.

"Fine she ran officer Baisotei and several others all over Tokyo." Officer Abukara said.

"We are so sorry about that." Mrs. Yoshizaki said sympathetically.

"It's quit alright ma'ma I needed the run and so did the other officers." Officer Baisotei said.

"That's for sure." Officer Abukara said with a smile.

Everyone started to laugh including officer Baisotei even though officer Abukara was making fun of him and the other officers who had to chase Anya all over Tokyo for four hours today. Anya was still in the patrol car waiting for the two officers to return and let her out of the car so she could go up to her room and cry some more because no one would leave her be. Finally the two officers returned to the car and let Anya out.

"Now you behave your self miss Nemoto." Officer Baisotei said.

"I'll try my best." Anya said as she walked away from the two officers.

"Anya don't be so rude." Mrs. Yoshizaki said.

Anya turned around and was going to say something but she thought best not to say anything and just continue walking towards the house and go inside. Mrs. Yoshizaki was a little disappointed in Anya but knew best not pry into the girl's personal life especially since they just got her back after five days.

"Thank you officers for bring her back to us." Mr. Yoshizaki said.

"Not a problem sir." Officer Abukara said.

"Yeah its our job." Officer Baisotei said smiling.

"Well we had better get back to the station." Officer Abukara said.

"Yes, we should have a nice day." Officer Baisotei said as he got into the car.

Mrs. and Mr. Yoshizaki waved good-bye to the nice police officers that brought back Anya to them even though they knew she would probably disappear again and again no matter how many times they bring her home to them.

End chapter 2