Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Serena and Trunks 5 ❯ Rini's Secret ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Rini's Secret
 
I do not own DBZ or SM.
 
Serena was at her nerves end. Trunks seemed to have no trouble seeing Rini but every time he saw her he became cold and distant. The other Z warriors offered her condolence but she brushed it off. Serena knew she had to help Rini to get rid of her so she could focus on getting Trunks back. "Ask me another question," Serena snapped throwing a text book at her little brother. "Alright already!" Goten gasped as the book hit him in the chest. He flipped through the pages of the book skimming the lines. "Alright. What's the speed of sound in air?" Goten asked her. Serena looked blankly at him. "Serena?" Goten asked. "That's not in there," Serena said taking the book back. "Yes it is. It's right here," Goten pointed to it on the page. "I'm never gonna be smart," Serena whined. "Do you think this will really help?" Goten asked. "It has to," Serena said looking up into the sky, "Hit me." "What?!" Goten screamed. "Hit me!" Serena said again, "I need to be stronger too so you're gonna help me." Goten groaned. Rini walked out of the house and into the front yard where Serena and Goten were. "Where do you think you're going?" Serena snapped. "Where I'm wanted!" Rini yelled and ran. "Maybe you shouldn't be so mean to her and you'd better follow her," Goten said. "Oh stuff it!" Serena yelled pushing him down and followed Rini.
 
Serena walked lazily around the park she and Trunks had found Rini the first time she disappeared. Serena saw the sky get dark and a gold beam shot into the air a little ways off. "Oh no Rini must be in trouble!" she gasped and ran.
 
Serena saw Catsy and her sister Berdi had cornered Rini. Serena sent small energy beams at them to distract them. "Run Rini!" she yelled. Serena shot more blasts at the sisters as Rini ran. The sisters floated into the air and disappeared. "Gotta find her!" Serena panted and reached for her communicator, "Girls the weird sisters attacked Rini again and I can't find her!" "We're on our way!" the girls said from the communicator.
 
Serena finally saw Rini running into a construction site. Serena hid while Rini talked to her floating cat faced ball. "We'll be safe here kitty," Rini cried, "I should tell Serena but she doesn't care about me and those horrible ladies are after me." Serena felt horrible. Maybe everyone was right and she was too mean to Rini. After all Rini was just a kid. Rini pressed the nose on the kitty's face. "Hi Rini," a voice said. "I wanna go home," Rini cried. "Rini honey you can't. The future's to dangerous. They're trying to take over Crystal Tokyo. You need to say here where the Sailor Scouts can protect you like they do in the future," the voice said. "But I haven't been able to find the crystal or my mother," Rini cried. "I know it's tough little princess but you must be strong and keep trying. If you want to see your mother again it's the only way," the voice said and died out. "Don't go Luna-P!" Rini cried hugging the ball. Rini's a princess and her mother's… Serena thought but was interrupted by Catsy's voice. "Found you, you little amoeba and you're not getting away this time," Catsy sneered. "Moon Crystal Power," Serena whispered and transformed into Sailor Moon.
 
"Leave her alone!" Sailor Moon yelled and jumped in front of Rini. "Give up you're no match for me and my sisters. Prisma! Avery! Bertie!" Catsy called and three more of them appeared. Rini clung to Sailor Moon's leg. "Never!" Sailor Moon yelled crouching beside Rini. "It's four against one you can't win!" Catsy yelled. "Then let's even the odds!" Sailor Jupiter yelled and she and sailors Mercury, Mars, and Venus jumped in front of Sailor Moon and Rini.
 
The fours sisters and the four Sailor Scouts squared off. A sudden blast of dark energy hit Sailor Moon. A man with the black upside down crescent moon appeared. "I am Rubeus. Give up Sailor Moon I've seen the future and you're not in it," he sneered to her. He sent more of his dark energy at them but Sailor Moon grabbed Rini and jumped in to the air to avoid it. "Sailor Moon, don't let them take me!" Rini cried. "I won't I promise," Sailor Moon said hugging Rini tightly against herself. Rubeus sent more dark energy and Sailor Moon went crashing into the side of a building. Sailor Moon stood up and raised her sceptre. "Moon Sceptre Elimination!" she yelled pointing it at Rubeus. Rubeus flew into the sky. "We're out of here!" he yelled and disappeared. The sisters disappeared after him.
 
"Rini are you okay?" Sailor Moon asked fussing over the little girl, "That was some really scary stuff, but remember the sailor scouts will always be there to protect you." "You too" Rini asked. "Me most of all," Sailor Moon said and hugged her. "Sailor Moon I wanna go home, but I can't without the crystal or finding out who my mom is," Rini cried. "I'll help you find your mother Rini I promise," Sailor Moon said.
 
Sailor moon pretended to walk Rini back home and leave, but she detransformed and jumped into her room through the window. Rubeus' words kept haunting Serena. "I've seen the future and you're not in it." That's what he said. She wondered if that was what troubled Trunks so much. Something else was troubling Serena not but she wouldn't dare speak it to anyone. Serena decided to go talk to Rei the next day and ask for a fire reading.
 
Rei told Serena she had to finish her chores and to wait for her in her room. Serena started reading Rei's old comic books. Serena loved comic books and Rei always had the best. "Hello? Is anybody here?" a voice called. "Hello may I help you?" Rei asked. "I'm from the Regal Make-up Company and I was wondering if I could interest you in some?" a lady at the door said. "Sorry," Rei said, "But I don't have any money for make-up." "Oh well thank you for your time, the lady said and went away. "She looked kind of familiar," Serena said looking at her go. "Now what did you want again Serena?" Rei asked. Serena was about to answer when they heard a scream. They ran and saw Catsy attacking Chad who was defending Rini. Serena pulled Chad out of the way and Rei transformed into Sailor Mars.
 
Serena grabbed Rini and threw her into Rei's room. "Stay here if you don't want to get kidnapped!" she ordered and ran back to the fight. She transformed into Sailor Moon and saw Mars was pretty hurt by Catsy. Sailor Moon called her sceptre. "No!" Sailor Mars yelled. "What? Why?" Sailor Moon asked confused, "Have you gone bonkers?" "No her heart's good she's just been following the wrong path," Sailor Mars said, "Sailor Moon can you use your crystal to heal her?" "I've never done that before but I'll try," Sailor Moon said taking her brooch off, "Moon Crystal Healing Power!" The black upside down crescent moon vanished from Catsy's forehead.
 
"So Serena what was it you wanted?" Rei asked her after they cleaned up the temple. "Oh it was nothing. I have an idea of what I can do," Serena said. Rei rolled her eyes because Serena's ideas were hardly ever good. "Is it about Trunks?" Rei asked. "Actually no it's about Rini, but I know what I'm gonna do. See you later!" Serena said and left.
 
Serena went to Capsule Corp. and rang the doorbell. "Serena?" Trunks asked when he opened the door, "I don't want to see you." "And I don't want to see you. I wan to see Bulla," Serena demanded. "Why?" Trunks asked. "None of your business buster," she snapped and pushed him out of the way. "Serena?" Bulma asked. "Where's Bulla?" Serena demanded. "In her room," Bulma said confused and looked at Trunks. He shrugged his shoulders. Serena strode up the stairs and knocked on Bulla's door. "Yes?" the little blue haired girl said opening the door. "Bulla, can I talk with you?" Serena asked smiling. "Serena!" the little girl said happily. Serena slammed the door in Trunks' face while he looked confusingly at her in the hallway.
 
Trunks flew to Kami's lookout and brought Piccolo to his house. Piccolo kept asking if there was something wrong. "No I want to know what Serena's telling Bulla. They're whispering and I can't hear," Trunks said after they arrived at Capsule Corp. Piccolo stared at Trunks in disbelief while trying to control his anger. "I think if you want to find out you should get back with her," Piccolo said aggravated. "I…can't," Trunks said looking at his feet. "Why not?" Piccolo demanded, "You two are more annoying now then you were seven years ago!" Trunks thought. Should I tell Piccolo? He didn't want anyone to know but Piccolo might be able to help him. "I won't tell anyone," Piccolo said seeming to read Trunks' mind. "Alright," Trunks sighed, "I keep having these dreams and I'm marrying Serena and then the world is destroyed. And then a voice tells me that if I go near her she'll die." Piccolo looked serious. "I think you were right for now to stop seeing her. How long have you had these dreams?" Piccolo said at last. Trunks looked hopefully at him. If Piccolo thought he was doing the right thing for Serena too he might not feel so bad. "Um…about two weeks," Trunks said. "About the same time the new enemy appeared?" Piccolo asked. "Yeah," Trunks said. "Trunks don't tell anyone else epically Serena," Piccolo said and left.
 
"Bulla I need you to do me a favour," Serena whispered. "Spy on Trunks?" Bulla whispered back. "No Rini," Serena whispered. "Why?" Bulla asked forgetting to whisper. "Because I want to make sure I'm wrong," Serena whispered. "Wrong about what?" Bulla whispered. "It's complicated," Serena said looking around. "I want you to casually asked Rini questions like 'What's your Mom's name?' and 'What's your Dad's name?' and 'Where exactly are you from?' and 'How did you get here all by yourself?' and," Serena stopped for a moment this one she really wanted an answer to, " 'Why did you pretend to be Serena's cousin?' Okay?" "Okay!" Bulla said happily. She worshipped Serena. "Thanks you're really putting my mind at rest," Serena sighed, "I'll see you around." "Bye!" Bulla chirped.
 
The next day at school Serena was playing chess with Ami, and playing very badly. "I don't like this game it takes too much thinking," Serena whined. "Serena, I thought you wanted to be smarter and you know chess is a total brainyack game," Molly said. "But this is too hard," Serena whined. "Checkmate!" Ami said happily beating Serena again. "Wow Ami you should turn pro," Molly gasped. Serena looked at her best friend and sighed. "Oh I don't play enough for that," Ami gushed blushing. "Ami come on do you want to go to the Chess Tower or not?" Melvin said. "Stuff it Melvin!" Serena and Molly yelled. "I'm coming," Ami said. "What's the 'Chess Tower?' Is it a new store at the mall?" Serena asked. "No Serena, it's better than the mall," Ami replied. "Better than the mall?" Serena gasped, "I'm coming!"
 
They walked to a place that looked like a giant chess piece. "Oh look it's a what-cha-ma-call-it; a cook," Serena said. Ami giggled, "No Serena it's called a rook." "Oh right," Serena said. "At the end of the week there's going to be a tournament to see who will be the junior world champion," Melvin said. "Oh Ami you should compete. I'll even train with you," Serena said. "Well it won't be much of a training session with you Serena," Melvin laughed. "Stuff it Melvin!" Serena and Molly yelled. After a while they convinced Ami to sign up.
 
All the scouts, including their new friend Catsy, went to support Ami at the tournament. "Let's show Ami we're here fore her," Serena said. "No Serena, don't," Rei hissed. "Go AMI!" Serena yelled. "What's all this racket?" a man asked. "Sorry sir my friend just got carried away," Lita said. "That's okay you must be the wonderful new friends Ami told me about," the man said. "You know Ami?" Serena asked. "I taught her to play chess," the man said, "And I own this building." They watched and Ami became one of the finalists and then won the tournament. The lights went out and the television that the match was being watched on went blank. "What's going on?" the man asked. "Stay here sir we'll check it out," Mina said and the girls ran toward the room the tournament was being held in. They transformed into the Sailor Scouts and entered the room. Berti trapped the scouts in a glass bubble and challenged Mercury to a chess match. Sailor Mercury beat Berti again and the glass holding the Sailor Scouts vanished causing them to fall. "Ow!" Sailor Moon whined. Avery and Prisma then showed up. "Oh Berti don't bother coming back since you've failed," they said and disappeared. Berti stood in shock and then yelled, "Forces of the Negaverse take me now since I have nothing else to live for!" "Berti, no!" Catsy yelled running into the room, "You're not alone. The Sailor Scouts they taught me how to love and they can help you if you let them!" "But how could I learn something like that?" Berti asked. "Sailor Moon please," Catsy said. "Right," Sailor Moon said reaching for her brooch, "Moon Crystal Healing Power!" The crystal shone bright and the black upside down crescent moon disappeared from Berti's forehead.
 
Serena went to the Elementary School the next day after school to pick up Rini, but she was also going to get Bulla to go with them for a while. Serena waited for the bell to finally ring and the kids to come out. "Serena what are you doing here?" Rini asked. "I came to walk you home," Serena replied, "Oh hi Bulla would you like to walk with us?" "Sure," Bulla said and they began walking. "So what did you learn in school," Serena inquired. "Today we learned about consonants and vowels," Rini said. "Oh look!" Serena squealed, "A new ice-cream shop! Do you girls want some ice-cream?" "Sure," both little girls said. "Serena, why are you being super nice?" Rini asked. "Am I being super nice?" Serena asked, " Because I could be super mean if you want?" "No," Rini quickly said. "Here Rini you can go by everyone ice-cream while Bulla and I find a table," Serena said. Rini took the money and went to the counter. "So?" Serena whispered as she and Bulla sat down. "Rini said her mom is Neo-Queen Serenity and she wouldn't tell me her dad's name. She said Luna-P helped her get here from Crystal Tokyo," Bulla told Serena. "Crystal Tokyo again," Serena muttered, "Anything else?" "She said she posed as your cousin because she once heard her mother did the same thing," Bulla said. "What do you mean?" Serena asked. "I don't know she wouldn't tell me," Bulla said. "Okay thanks," Serena sighed. Rini came back and gave everyone a chocolate ice-cream. "Oh chocolate my favourite," Serena squealed. "Mine too," Rini said. "Bulla there you are," Trunks said going to their table, "Oh Serena, Rini, hi." "Good afternoon," Serena said coolly and made a point of not looking at him. "Come on Rini lets go I have to do my homework," Serena said getting up. "Serena, are you sick?" Rini asked. "No now let's go! I have to study!" Serena snapped. Rini rolled her eyes and followed. "You are defiantly sick in the head," Rini muttered under her breath.