Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Serena and Trunks2 ❯ Child's Play ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Child's Play
I do not own DBZ/SM
"Nothing good can come from this," Gohan said watching the retreating children. "Why?" Goku asked. "Serena has no respect for authority. She does things just to annoy people or because they say she can't do it," Gohan answered. "Maybe she really won't fight," Krillin said, "Since she really doesn't like it." "Really?" Goku asked. "Yeah, like I said Serena does things to aggravate us," Gohan said, "Which makes me think she really will fight because this is the one time we really don't want her to fight, so she will just to spite us." "This should be good," Vegeta said. The group walked to the adult qualifying area.
"So are you really gonna fight?" Trunks asked. "I don't know yet. I just wanted to be able to come back here with you two," Serena said. "Serena you should fight. It would be so much fun!" Goten said excitedly. "You're so right Goten! It would be so much fun to beat you up in front of everybody!" Serena exclaimed sarcastically. "Huh?" Goten said. Serena and Trunks both rolled their eyes. "Let's go," Trunks said and the three went to the ring with the others in the junior division. They all lined up as they were told the rules of the competition. "So what you gonna buy with the money?" Trunks asked Goten when they went back to the waiting area. "I don't know. Toys?" Goten replied. "You're such a toddler. How about you Serena?" Trunks said. "I would love to move," Serena replied, "How about you?" "I don't know," he responded, "I haven't really thought about it." Then a bigger kid approached them and started to try to intimidate Trunks. "Hey you," the bigger kid said, "You're my first victim." And he pretended to punch Trunks, but Trunks didn't cringe. "Don't you flinch?" the kid asked. Trunks smirked and said, "Not from weaklings." "I'm gonna beat you so hard in the ring you are going to have a concussion," the kid retorted. "Sounds fun," Trunks replied coolly. The kid stormed away and Serena turned to Trunks and said with a smile, "I can't take you anywhere. You always have to start a fight." Trunks smiled back and said, "You're one to talk." Goten just looked at the two confused.
Then the announcer person called Trunks' name. "Watch me?" he asked Serena. "Sure. It'll make him feel even worse when he looses," she said so they walked hand in hand to the doorway. Trunks continued to the ring alone while Serena waited in front of the sign that stood in front of the doorway.
"Do your best Trunks!" Krillin called, "Wait, Trunks' best might hurt someone. Do okay!" Bulma and Chichi were watching from the stands. Bulma and the bigger kid's mother were fighting over who would win.
Trunks kicked the bigger kid from under his feet and into the air. Trunks then started walking away coolly as the bigger kid landed to the floor unconscious. "Oops, guess I shouldn't of hit him so hard," Trunks said as he reached Serena. "At least now he's quiet," she said and the two smiled at each other and walked back inside with Serena's arm through Trunks'. Goten then fought and won his fight as well. The next of the three to fight was Serena. She walked to the doorway with Trunks and Goten. "Wish me luck?" she asked them. "Yeah!" Goten said enthusiastically. "You don't need it," Trunks said and the two smiled at each other. Serena walked to the ring to face her opponent.
"Awe look. It's sweet little Serena," someone in the crowd said. The rest of the crowd cooed at her and she waved while smiling sweetly at them. "Wow, I think she might be more popular than Mr. Satan," Goku said. "Yeah, and I guess she's really going to fight," Gohan said nervously, "I just hope she doesn't over do it." While they were talking Serena punched her opponent out of the ring and unconscious with one soft punch leaving the crowd in awe. "I wonder who she'll end up fighting, Trunks or Goten," Krillin said. "I hope it's Goten," Vegeta said. "Why?" Goku asked. "Because Trunks and Serena would never fight each other, but Serena wouldn't hold back on Goten," Vegeta explained.
Each of the three children won all of their matches. Finally Trunks had claimed a spot as one of the finalists the other spot would be fought over by Goten and Serena. "This is not good," Gohan said. "Why? They're just children," Videl said. "You'll see," Gohan said.
Goten and Serena both faced each other but neither moved. Suddenly they were gone and had switched sides on the ring. Only the Z warriors had seen the two attack each other and land on opposite sides. "Goten just give up. You know I'm stronger than you," Serena said. "You're not gonna win this time, " he said in reply and flew into the air. "THAT'S NOT FAIR!" Serena screamed at her brother. "Come and get me," Goten teased his sister. "YOU GET DOWN OR I'LL BLAST YOU DOWN!" Serena screamed at him.
"Not good! Not good at all!" Gohan exclaimed. All the Z warriors were nervous now, but Vegeta smirked.
"You wouldn't," Goten said. "I would," Serena replied. "Oh yeah?" Goten asked. "Yeah," Serena said and let an energy blast out at him. Goten gasped and dodged it. Serena sent another, and another, and another at him. "Alright!" Goten yelled at her, "I'll come down. Just stop." Serena stopped and Goten landed across from her. The two stood there and looked at each other. Then they began attacking each other. The crowd could hardly see them, but the Z warriors had no problem seeing them and that Serena had a certain advantage. "Poor little guy's gonna loose," Goku commented. Suddenly Goten went super saiyan to stop one of Serena's punches. "Cheater!" Serena yelled at him, "Gohan said not to do that!" "Sorry I forgot," Goten said. "Forget this," Serena said and went super saiyan as well, only instead of her hair turning yellow and standing on end like her brother's, her hair turned silver and curled. "What!? They're both super saiyans already?!" Goku asked stunned. "Yes and so is Trunks, but they promised they wouldn't do that today," Gohan sighed. "Actually only Trunks, Goten, yourself, and Vegeta said you wouldn't go super saiyan. Serena never said she wouldn't because she didn't think she would fight," Krillin commented. "Whose side are you on?" Gohan asked him. "Look Gohan, you're strong and all, but I've seen Serena grown up and angry. I don't want to deal with that so I'm on her side," Krillin responded. Serena then punched a stunned Goten, because he didn't know his sister could do that, out of the ring and he fell to the floor. Serena let her hair go back to its natural blond state and flicked it at the cheering crowd as she was announced the winner.
Suddenly a thought dawned on her. She should have lost because now she was going to have to fight Trunks. Trunks walked up to the ring and the two stood across from each other looking at each other.
"I wonder what they're gonna do," Krillin said. "I wish I knew," Gohan said.
Trunks. I don't want to fight you. Do you really want to fight me? Serena thought. No not really. I like you to much to fight you. Trunks thought to her. What are we gonna do? Serena thought back to him. You decide. You always have the most devious ideas. Trunks thought. She smiled at him and he at her.
"What's that look for?" Gohan asked nervously. "They're planning something. They can communicate telepathically," Vegeta said. "How do you know?" Goku asked. "It's obvious from their facial expressions," Vegeta responded.
Serena then motioned for the announcer guy to come to her. He looked at her questionably but advanced to her. Trunks walked over to her as well and stood beside her. "What's wrong?" the announcer guy asked them. "We don't want to fight each other. You see we're boyfriend and girlfriend so to fight each other would be demeaning. We want you to call it a tie, okay," Serena said to him. The announcer guy looked at Serena and Trunks who nodded his approval at her plan. "I don't know if I can do that," the announcer guy said. "Oh, please," Serena begged while batting her big blue eyes, "It would mean oh so much to us." "Oh okay. I'll see what I can do. You two are just so cute together," the announcer guy said and walked to talk to the officials. "We know," Serena said and looked at Trunks. Both of them smiled at each other.
The announcer guy then talked into his microphone so the entire crowd could hear and said, "Ladies and gentlemen, sweet little Serena and Trunks are boyfriend and girlfriend, so they refuse to fight each other. The crowd awed. "What?!" Goku said. "You've got to be joking," Vegeta said. "So," the announcer guy continued, "We are going to call it a tie between them and they will share the title as the Junior Best!" The entire audience cheered at the decision. "I can't believe this," Vegeta said, "Those two are possibly the most ridiculous saiyans I have ever met." The others just laughed as Trunks and Serena walked off the ring and into the back arm in arm.
"So does that mean you two are gonna share the money too?" Goten asked them as the walked into the back. "Goten it's not about the money," Trunks said. "Yes," Serena commented, "It's about our respect for each other." Trunks nodded, but Goten just looked confused. "Come on, let's find something for you two to eat I'm sure you're starving," Serena said. "Yeah!" they both answered excitedly. "Wait a minute," the announcer guy said to them as he walked into the back, "One of you two has to fight the world champ." Trunks and Serena looked at each other. "Have fun," Serena told Trunks and he shrugged his agreement.
Trunks walked back to the ring and waited while the announcer guy called for Mr. Satan. Finally the world champion entered the ring. He walked up to Trunks and began to talk to him. "Now see here kid. When we begin you give me the friendly champions greeting okay?" Mr. Satan said while showing Trunks how he wanted him to hit him, "Remember think soft when you do it." "Okay," Trunks said a little confused.
"Pitiful," Serena said looking down to the ring. "Whoa, where'd you come from?" Krillin asked. "I got bored," Serena said. "I can understand that," Gohan told her. "Let's get something to eat," Goku said. All the others agreed and they walked off.
"Hey Goten, where'd Serena go," Trunks asked. "Uh, she left to go hang with the grown ups," Goten told him. "What?! She left?" Trunks asked shocked. "Yep," Goten said. "Ahhh!" Trunks said and punched Mr. Satan in the face since the big idiot was leaning towards Trunks offering him the punch. Mr. Satan was thrown out of the ring and smashed into the wall. A minute later he got up and pretended that he let Trunks win, but Trunks was too distracted with thinking about Serena to notice. "Come on Goten, let's go find her. I want to give her a piece of my mind," Trunks said. "Okay," Goten said and they walked off.
The group reached the area to the qualifiers area and were asked to verify their names. "Um and this is my little girl Serena. Do you think she could come in with us?" Goku asked. "Serena! Of course welcome. I hope our accommodations will be to your liking," the guy said to her. "It'll do," Serena said in reply. "Wow you have this whole city pretty much wrapped around your little finger don't you?" Goku asked her. "Yep, pretty much," she said and took his hand as they walked into the back. Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta immediately started eating as much as they could. "Serena don't you eat too?" Goku asked with food in his mouth. "Like you are now? No. Never. It's gross," Serena said.
"Let's go see who's fighting who," 18 suggested after the three had finished eating and they all started walking over to where it would be announced. On their way over there they saw two people. One was rather big, and the other was rather small and floating about half a foot off of the ground. The smaller floated to Goku and asked him, "You wouldn't happen to be Goku would you?" "Yeah, how did you know my name was Goku?" Goku asked. "I'm bored I'm gonna go find Trunks and Goten. Hi Shin!" Serena said as she passed the stranger and left the group. "Serena, you know him?" Goku asked. "No," she said confused, shrugged her shoulders and kept walking. "What connections do you have with the princess," Shin demanded. "Serena's my daughter," Goku said. "Oh, that's very interesting," Shin commented and he walked away with his companion.
A few minutes later, while they were all drawing numbers to see who would fight who, Serena came back. "I thought you went to find Trunks and Goten?" Gohan asked her as she huffed when she stood beside him and their father. "I couldn't find them," she growled, "They're probably still sulking because they couldn't fight in the same division as you." Then the announcer guy called someone named Mighty Mask to draw his number. Serena watched him and thought she recognized his eyes from somewhere but just couldn't place it. "Serena," Trunks whispered. "Trunks don't blow this," Goten said from beneath him as he acted as Mighty Mask's legs to bring them to the table to draw their number. "What's wrong Serena?" Goku asked Serena seeing her watching Mighty Mask intently. "Everything," she said. "Don't be so over dramatic," Vegeta told her. He was then called and drew the number adjacent to Goku's. "Cool," Serena squealed as everyone else freaked out a little. The remaining people drew their numbers and the tournament began.
Krillin fought first against a really big guy that he had no trouble beating. Then Piccolo and Shin went to fight. They stared at each other for a little while and then Piccolo gave up. Everyone was shocked. Then Videl and some weird guy started to fight. Piccolo walked up to Serena. "Serena, are you sure you don't know him?" he asked her. "Yes I'm sure. Why?" she responded. "How did you know his name?" Piccolo questioned her. "I don't know it sort of just popped into my head and out of my mouth," she told him. Piccolo then stopped Shin as he passed them. "Forgive me if I'm wrong, but are you the Grand Kai?" Piccolo asked him. "No, sorry" Shin replied. "I'll tell you who he is. He is the Supreme Kai," Kibito, his companion said. Piccolo freaked out but Serena remained calm. "What does that mean?" she asked. "It means I have a big important job Princess-a…um… Serena," Shin told her. "That doesn't sound like fun," she told him. "No, my job today is the exact opposite of fun," he commented. "What's your job?" she asked him. "You don't need to worry yourself with that," he told her. "I will find out. I always find out what adults are trying to hide from me," se told him icily. "Don't worry I know," Shin said with a half laugh and walked away. "I'm bored. I'm gonna go to Mom and Bulma. Maybe they've seen Trunks and Goten," Serena said and walked off.
Serena was walking through the back but she stopped when she saw Mighty Mask talking to himself. She held her power level down and crept up behind him listening to what he was saying. "I'm tired. I wanna be on top now," Goten whined. "Alright stop whining," Trunks said, "Let's make sure no one is around first." Mighty Mask turned around to see a very angry little Serena. "Serena!" both boys yelled. "How could you?! I've been worried sick about where you went!" she yelled at them. "You left us!" Trunks yelled back. "Don't try to change the subject when I'm angry with you!" Serena yelled at him. She turned and stormed out of the room and back to the grown ups. "Did you find them?" Gohan asked tentatively. "Unfortunately," Serena hissed and sat in a chair with her arms crossed. The group decided to let her vent to herself since asking her about the boys would probably only get her angrier; meanwhile Mighty Mask quietly crept back into the waiting room trying to make eye contact with Serena but she refused to look at him.
The grown ups were then freaking out about the guy Videl was fighting because she couldn't seem to beat him. He finally pummelled her to the ground which caused her to be brought into the back to recover. Goku went to get some senzu beans for Videl. When he came back Gohan took one to Videl, and then he began his fight with Kibito.
"Please do not worry about Gohan. He will be fine. But no matter what happens you must interfere," Shin told the group. "Who are you to tell me what to do?" Vegeta snapped at Shin. "Vegeta show him some respect. That is no way to talk to the Supreme Kai," Piccolo said. "Wow, you guys look exactly like Piccolo did when Kibito told him that," Serena laughed at the group's surprised faces. Gohan then turned into a super saiyan regaining everyone's attention. Suddenly Spopovitch and Yamuu attacked Gohan, drained him of his energy, and flew off. "I take back everything I said earlier. This is anything but boring," Serena said shakily while watching the events happen. "Serena, come here," Shin said to her. She timidly walked up to him and he led her to Gohan. "Put your hands over Gohan," he instructed her. She did as she was told without questioning it for once. "Now transfer your energy to Gohan," Shin told her. "Um, how?" Serena asked. "Let the good positive energy that is in you flow out of you and to him," he told her. Serena closed her eyes and concentrated. A bright light began to glow from her hands and the light entered Gohan's body. "Good," Shin said to her. "Goku, please come with me to stop Spopovitch and Yamuu," Goku agreed and the other Z warriors said they would go as well. "Serena, stay here with 18," Goku said to her. She nodded her agreement and went back into the waiting area. The Z warriors then took off with Shin to stop Spopovitch and Yamuu from releasing a great evil with Gohan's power.