Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Serena and Trunks2 ❯ What Could Possibly Go Wrong...Everything? ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

What Could Possibly Go Wrong…Everything?
I do not own DBZ/SM
Serena woke up in a large bed in a large white room. She noted a canopy over the bed and that the room was mostly empty save for a table beside the bed. Serena then noticed that she wasn't alone in the bed. Trunks and Goten were beside her. "Trunks wake up," she said while shaking him. Trunks grumbled and sat up in the bed. "Where are we?" he asked her. "I don't know, and I don't know how we got here either," Serena told him. Then the two began to try to wake up Goten. "Hey, Goten, get up!" Trunks said while shaking him. Goten just rolled over and kept on sleeping. "Well at least this explains your sleeping habits," Trunks said to Serena, "It must run in your family." "I know how to get him up," Serena said and bent over to Goten's ear, "Hey, Goten, get up Mom made breakfast." Goten shot up in the bed, knocked over Serena, and asked where the food was. "Why do you even have ears?" Trunks asked helping Serena up, "You hear much better with your stomach." "Where is this?" Goten asked them. "We don't know," Trunks said, "Wait, where's my Dad?" "We were with him," Goten commented. "That's right," Trunks added, "But what happened? Serena, do you know?" "Um," she said, "He knocked you two unconscious and Piccolo took us to Krillin. There was a bright light and then I think I fell asleep." "Serena you're one of a kind," Trunks sighed, "I think we should check this place out." Goten and Serena agreed and the three children crept put of the room.
"It looks like there's nobody home," Goten commented as they searched the place they were at. The three found the kitchen and Goten and Trunks insisted that they needed to eat, but Serena pointed out that none of them could cook so there probably wouldn't be much there for them to eat. The boys didn't care and rummaged through the pantry. They found some bread, salad, rice and cold meat. Trunks heated the meat and rice, Serena made a salad, and Goten set the table. The two boys ate while Serena sat with them. "This is good!" Goten chirped. "Goten, don't you know it's rude to talk with your mouth full?" Trunks asked. "I'm sorry," Goten said. "It's okay Goten," Serena told him, "It makes you look like Daddy." "Ah there you three are," a voice said from the door way, "I see you found the food." A round black man with a turban stepped up behind Trunks and grabbed the back of his outfit. Trunks and Serena began to freak out while Goten ate calmly. "It was just sitting here," Serena said. "We found it first," Trunks said. "Let go of him. Put him down," Serena pleaded. "If you wanted it so bad you should have gotten here first," Trunks said and stuck his tongue out at the man. "Goten, are you going to just sit there?" Serena asked. "It's bad manners to talk while other people are eating," Goten responded. "Manners?! I'll give you manners!" Trunks yelled and turned into a super saiyan sending all the food flying and causing the man to lose his grip on Trunks. Trunks grabbed Serena and said, "Let's go." Goten followed them and the man grabbed one of each of the boys legs. This sent them into a frenzy and they flew off with the man in tow. The smashed through a door and the man lost his grip. "Nah," Trunks said sticking his tongue out to the man again. Trunks then began to punch at the man who was having dome difficulty blocking the punches. "Goten, get Serena out of here!" Trunk ordered. "Right," Goten said, took his sister, and started to leave. The man disappeared from Trunks and appeared in front of Goten blocking them and Goten began to punch the man and succeeded in knocking him to the floor. Trunks then came up to them and Serena changed backs once again. "Good work," Trunks told Goten. "Thanks," he replied.
"You three come here!" a voice demanded from behind them. "Daddy?" Serena said and turned around. The boys turned around as well. "It's Dad!" Goten cried cheerfully. "Oh boy," Trunks said nervously. "Those boys certainly have a lot of energy, Goku," the man said. "Well then I'll simply have to have them work it off then," Goku said. "With the fusion technique," the man commented. "What?" all three children asked. "Come with me," Goku told them and they followed him to a big room with cuts in the side for windows. "Now what I'm about to say may upset you but you have to be strong," Goku told them. Serena stood in between the boys and shifted uncomfortably. She knew something bad was coming. "Gohan and Vegeta are dead," Goku stated. The three stood in shock. Serena fell to her knees. "No! That can't be! That could never happen to my Dad! No way! No!" Trunks cried. "My brother's not dead!" Goten cried. Serena just sat on the floor. The two grown men in her life that she looked up to so much were gone. She just couldn't believe it. "Stop this now!" Goku commanded, "You have a lot of new skills to learn and we don't have much time." Serena looked up at her brother Goten and her boyfriend Trunks. They were all she had left and she couldn't stand to see them crying. She stood up and held both of their hands. They looked at her. They didn't have the intuition she had, but they could see the strain in her face. They knew that both Gohan and Vegeta were very special to her. Vegeta's words to Trunks rang in his head. He had to protect Serena. He stopped crying and looked at Serena who was by now trembling. "I'll never let anything bad ever happen to you," Trunks told her, "I promised my Dad." She looked at him. "Me neither," Goten said not wanting to be left out. She looked at her little brother. She smiled warmly at both of them, squeezed their hands, and backed into the corner of the room. The boys stood ready to learn.
Goku was telling them about how the Fusion worked and what it did. Serena didn't pay attention because the thought of her little brother and boyfriend fusing bodies didn't appeal to her at all. The boys didn't seem very interested either. "What's wrong?" Goku asked sensing the tension in the room. "Well, you're supposed to be to strongest guy in the universe or something right?" Trunks asked, "Well why weren't you there to help Gohan or my dad?" "I'm sorry Trunks," Goku said. "Sorry isn't going to bring back my dad," Trunks said. "Gohan always told me that you could do anything. So why didn't you try to save him," Goten added. "Don't just stand there say something," Serena snapped folding her arms across her chest. Goku looked at her. She had obviously spent too much time around Trunks and Vegeta because she looked exactly like Vegeta standing like that. "Look I wish I was the strongest in the universe. Then I could have helped, but I'm not. I can't beat Majin Buu, but with the Fusion technique you two will be able to," Goku said.
Suddenly a cackle filled the room. An annoying voice followed and said something about eating at a town. Serena ran to Trunks who put his arm around her waist. "What's going on?" she asked. "I don't know, but if you close your eyes you can see that wizard monster," Goten said. "No don't!" Piccolo commanded. Serena and Trunks closed their eyes anyway. "I want to know where Trunks, Serena, Goten, and Majunior are," the wizard said. "Buu, how about some chocolate?" the wizard asked. Majin Buu licked his lips and caused the people of the town to rise into the air and then turned them into chocolate, ate them, and destroyed the town. Trunks and Serena gripped each other unconsciously and all the children screamed. Piccolo and Goku watched the children. They couldn't believe the connection Trunks and Serena had with each other at such a young age. "Bobbity, this is Trunks," Trunks said. "And Goten," Goten added. "We're going to find you and you don't want to know what we have in store for that day," Trunks said. "Trunks stop," Serena said, "He might be able to find us." "Serena's right," Piccolo said. "I think it's time we got started," Goku said. The boys agreed and began while Serena backed into a corner.
Trunks and Goten both went super saiyan. They evened their powers and were told that that was where they wanted to be when they fused. Suddenly Bulma stormed into the room yelling about her right to be in the room. Krillin ran in behind her, grabbed her, and took her out of the room. "Mom," Trunks groaned. Suddenly Bobbity's voice filled the room again. Serena ran to Trunks who put his arm around her. Goku and Piccolo closed their eyes and the children did so as well. "Trunks I am very eager to meet you and since you won't come to me I'll simply have to come to you," the wizard said, "It's this little place called Capsule Corporation and it's located in West City." Trunks tightened his grip around Serena unconsciously. "I hope you're here when I arrive because if you're not your friends and family will have to pay the price," Bobbity said. "Darn," Trunks said, "Somebody told that creep where I live." "I just heard everything," Bulma said rushing back into the room, "My mother and father are going to be killed!" "We can wish them back with the dragon balls," Goku said. "And what about everyone else in the city?" Bulma asked. "We can use the second wish on that," Goku said. "No, we've already used the first wish remember?" Piccolo said. "Well maybe if we ask really nicely Shenlong will let us wish for two new wishes," Goku said. "Mom was right," Serena said and everyone looked at the young blond beauty, "Daddy, you're an idiot." Trunks laughed a little. "What?" Goku asked amazed. "Listen Goku," Bulma said, "If West City is destroyed then the dragon radar will be destroyed." "Oh," Goku said thinking hard about this, "Trunks listen up, I need you to go to Capsule Corp. and bring back the dragon radar." "Okay," Trunks said. "Excuse you," Serena snapped. "Um, I guess you could go to Serena," Goku said scratching his head. "I wanna go too," Goten whined. "No Goten you need to stay here and practice," Goku said. "Trunks, if anything bad happens get Serena out of there," Bulma told him. "Right," Trunks said as he turned super saiyan and stooped a little. Serena jumped on his back and the two flew off.
"Trunks what are the dragon balls?" Serena asked as they were flying. "I'm not really sure. I've never seen one but I've heard that they grant whatever wish you ask them," Trunks said. "Do you think it's good magic or bad magic?" Serena asked him. "I guess it's good magic since the grown-ups were talking about using them," Trunks replied. "I suppose you're right," Serena said to herself. Suddenly Trunks stopped. "What is it?" Serena asked. "I'm sensing a huge power," Trunks said. "Do you think it's the bad guys or my dad?" Serena asked. "I don't know but if it is the bad guys your dad is gonna need help," Trunks said and both children closed their eyes. They saw Goku and Majin Buu. "I wish someone would tell me what to do," Trunks said. "What are you two doing! Go get the radar!" Goku yelled at them. "Both children opened their eyes at once and Trunks flew off. "I guess that's that," Serena said, "My dad has everything under control." "Yeah, but still he didn't have to yell at me I was only trying to help," Trunks grumbled. They flew some more when Trunks stopped again. This time Serena didn't ask why because she could feel the energy herself. Neither child could believe it. This was enormous power they were sensing. "It's my dad," Serena said amazed. "Let's...go… I… I don't want to get yelled at again," Trunks stuttered and flew off again. Finally they reached Capsule Corp. and Trunks ran inside with Serena still on his back.
Trunks ran into the indoor garden to find his grandfather. "Why hello there Trunks, how's my favourite grandson?" Trunks' grandfather asked. Serena jumped off of Trunks' back and the old man added, "Oh and little Serena, I didn't see you there. Good to see you too dear." "Oh, Trunks, Serena," Trunks' grandma said, "Would you like some tea I just made it." "No Grandma," Trunks said. "I have some fresh vanilla ice cream in the freezer how about a Sunday?" "Ice cream?" Serena asked hopefully. "No there's no time for ice cream," Trunks said bouncing on his toes. "How about a roast beef sandwich I just sliced it my self," his grandma continued. "What is it with you and food? Grandpa, where do we keep the dragon radar?" Trunks asked. "The dragon radar?" his grandfather said, "Um, well, ah, the lat time I saw it was ah," "Hurry up," Trunks pleaded with his grandparents.
Trunks and Serena gave up on Trunks' grandpa and started tearing the place apart looking for the radar. Trunks' grandfather joined them and Serena took the time to change her clothes. She hated being in something for longer than a day. She found the clothes she always left at Capsule Corp., which was a light brown and pink plaid jumper and a white undershirt. She changed into the outfit and put a silver headband on her golden locks. She returned to Trunks who had now started dissembling his mother's lab looking for the radar. "She's not gonna like this," Serena said and started helping. After a while they had searched the entire building and then began to search through it all over again. "Um what was I looking for again?" Trunks' grandfather asked. "How about you take a little snack break," Trunks' grandma offered. "Don't you get it! We have to find the dragon radar before Majin Buu destroys West City!" Trunks yelled at them. "So we should just keep looking?" his grandma asked. "YES!" Serena and Trunks yelled simultaneously. Trunks and Serena moved to the living room again and his grandparents followed them. The phone rang and Trunks' grandmother answered it. "Oh, hi Bulma. How is this beautiful day treating you dear?" Trunks' grandma asked, "He's a little busy let's see if I can get him." "Trunks your mother is on the phone for you," she called to him. "Tell her I don't have time for a pep talk," Trunks said and kept searching. His grandmother repeated what he said to Bulma who got very angry so Serena took the phone. "Listen Serena," Bulma said," I forgot but the dragon radar is in the air plane." "Oh that's great thanks," Serena squealed and hung up the phone. "What'd she say?" Trunks asked. "Your mom said that the dragon radar is in the air plane," Serena told him. "Wow really," Trunks said, "Wait do we even have an air plane?" "So now you want an air plane? There's just no pleasing children now a days," Trunks' grandfather said. He walked to a table and picked up a capsule from a box. "Here this is an air plane," he said handing it to Trunks. Trunks and Serena ran outside and Trunks opened the capsule. Serena climbed inside the airplane and came out with the dragon radar. "Great let's go!" Trunks said. Serena jumped on his back and they took off.
"Trunks," Serena said as they were flying. "What?" he asked her. "Um, can you promise me something," she said tentatively. "What is it?" he asked her. "I know you and Goten have to fight, but can you promise me you'll be careful?" Serena asked. Trunks looked up at her. Their eyes met and locked. The ice blue looked into the cerulean blue. He could tell just from the look in her eyes she was scared even though she wouldn't say it. She was scared for everyone's safety. "I'll try," he told her. Serena hugged him tighter and they flew up to the lookout. When they landed Serena gave the dragon radar to her father who took Trunks and Goten to teach them the Fusion dance.
"Now Trunks, Goten I don't have much time left and the fate of the world depends on your corporation," Goku told the boys. "Sir, yes, sir!" the boys responded. "Wow what got into them?" Goku asked. "Me," Serena giggled from the back of the room. Goku smiled at her and continued, "Once you two have matched your energies you must strike a series of delicate poses together in order for the fusion to work." Goku showed them what to do and everyone stared at him like he was crazy. "This might be a bit tough," Trunks said. Serena had to leave because she was laughing so hard. Serena regained her composer and re-entered the room. "Now," Goku said panting, "You must perform these movements in perfect symmetry." Goten and Trunks looked at him. "What's wrong?" Goku asked. "Um I don't think Goten knows what symmetry is sir,' Trunks replied. "Oh its like um…mirrors…no…um…oh I know Piccolo and I can show you how it's done," Goku said happily. This should be good. Trunks thought catching Serena's eyes making her start to laugh again. Then Goku and Piccolo did the fusion dance together. Serena laughed out loud but was able to calm herself down after a moment. "Now are you two ready to try?" Goku asked the boys. "Yes!" they said together and ran where Goku had been. Goku walked the boys through the steps. Goten kept messing up, and at the end when they kept poking each other in the head with their pointed fingers. Goku made the boys keep practicing until they had it right. After a while Trunks stopped. "What's wrong now?" Goku asked exasperated. "This fusion technique is lame," Trunks said to him. "What?" Goku asked astounded, "No its not." "Okay," Trunks said unconvinced, "But first can you show me how you do super saiyan three?!" "Yeah show us!" Goten joined in. "Okay," Goku yielded to the boys pleas. "Goku you'll loose what little time you have left!" Piccolo told him. "I'm already out of time," Goku commented, "Okay boys watch closely." Goku let all his energy out and turned into a super saiyan three. Serena screamed. She hadn't been paying attention and the sudden bolt in energy and the change in her father's appearance scared her out of her wits. Goku fell to his knees. Serena ran up to him. "I'm okay," he told her breathing heavily looking up at her big blue eyes full of concern. He fell out of the super saiyan three form into his normal one. A witch named Babba then came to take Goku away back to the other world. Serena and Goten hugged him and a frantic Chichi ran out to tell him good-bye as well, and he left instructing Piccolo to take over the boys training.
Serena, Trunks, and Goten took this moment to get away and found some beds to sleep in. Goten and Trunks were tired from the training and Serena was always ready for a quick nap. After a while Piccolo found them and woke them up by yelling at them. Trunks and Goten bumped heads, but they all fell back to sleep. Piccolo slapped them all across the face. "You can go back to sleep now if you'd like," he said calmly. "No that's okay," Trunks said cradling his cheek. "Okay," Serena said not really sure what was going on and went back to sleep. "She's unbelievable," Piccolo said staring at her, "Whatever lets go." "What's for breakfast?" Goten asked as they went back to where they were training before. "Breakfast?" Piccolo yelled, "You're having the fusion technique for breakfast!" "Um, Piccolo?" Trunks asked raising his hand in the air like he was at school. "Yes?" Piccolo responded aggravated. "Can you show us the proper way to do the fusion technique again? We've only seen it done once," Trunks responded coolly. Piccolo looked taken aback. "Krillin!" he yelled, "Come help me!" Krillin resentingly obeyed and they showed the boys the fusion dance. They boys started practicing again and Serena finally woke up and entered the room. "It's not enough you need to be one before you can become one," Piccolo explained to them. "Can I fuse with Serena then?" Trunks asked hopefully. "NO!" Piccolo screamed. Serena giggled at the doorway and Trunks blushed. "Well I don't want to be one with Goten he smells," Trunks said. "Oh yeah? Well your breath smells!" Goten replied. The two boys started fighting. "No…Stop…Listen to me!" Piccolo yelled but the boys kept at it. "Stop." Serena said striding into the room and putting her hands on her hips. She had changed again into dark blue jeans and a dark purple top. "Where'd you get those cloths from?" Trunks asked with one hand in a fist and the other grabbing a bunch of Goten's wild hair. "My Mom," she replied, "Now Stop!" Goten and Trunks let each other go and stood up. "Wow," Krillin whispered as they looked at them in awe. "Now won't you do your little fusion dance for me?" Serena cooed and held her hands together prayer like and batted her eyes. Trunks got a goofy smile on his face and Goten looked excited to show off to his older sister. They did the dance more for a couple of hours. "Good now boys a line your energies this is it," Piccolo told them. The boys did as they were told and everyone came to watch. They fused and a light glowed around them and a chubby boy with black hair with purple streaks in it looked at them. Serena screamed and ran behind her mother. "Hey! I think I get it." Krillin said, "He's supposed to look like that. He's built like Majin Buu." "This is so bizarre," Videl whispered to herself. "We goofed," Piccolo said, "Trunks extended his fingers when he should have had his hands in fists. We'll just wait for the fusion to wear off and try again." "Hey little buddy do you have a name?" Yamcha asked. "Gotenks," the fusioned Trunks and Goten answered. Suddenly Gotenks was surrounded by a bright light and Trunks and Goten un-fused. "Thank goodness," Serena sighed in relief. "Try it again," Piccolo said. The boys did as they were told, but this time they turned into a skinny old man. Serena and Chichi both screamed this time. After thirty minutes they were separated again and tried the fusion for a third time and finally got it right. Serena gasped. They turned into a saucy little boy. "Good," Piccolo said, "We'll try it again in thirty minuets only then you'll do it as super-saiyans." "No," Gotenks said, "We're not doing this again. We're strong enough as it is. I'll bring Buu back to you dead." He rose up in the air to fly away. "No wait, come back!" Piccolo demanded. "This is gonna be fun," Gotenks said and flew off. "He better not get himself killed," Piccolo said angrily. "Don't say that!" Serena snapped turning pale. They waited a while and Gotenks came back pretty beat up. "Wow he's alive!" Krillin exclaimed. "He's…a…a little tougher than I thought," Gotenks said. Serena glared at him. "Serves you right!" Piccolo snapped, "You could have ruined everything. From now on you do things my way Gotrunks." "Actually," Serena turned her foul mood to Piccolo, "His name is Gotenks." "His name is mud!" Piccolo yelled.