Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Serena and Trunks3 ❯ From Bad To Worse ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

From Bad To Worse
 
I do not own DBZ and SM
 
The next two weeks went from bad to worse. Trunks had only been able to collect three of the rainbow crystals and Zoisite and Malikite, the two new enemies, had the other three. Serena was also very upset today. She had witnessed Sailor Moon making a rescue of people from an accident. Something about that deeply disturbed her although he couldn't figure out why since she continuously praised Sailor Moon. When he questioned her about it she said it was complicated. She left him and said she had to go to Rei's because she promised to help around the temple since they were short handed, so he went home.
 
Serena ran to the temple as fast as she could. When she got there she tried to tell everyone what had happened, but she only succeeded in confusing them because she was talking so fast. "Take a deep breath and try again Serena," Rei snapped. Serena managed to calm herself down enough to explain that she had seen Sailor Moon rescue to window washers from falling to the ground. "What?!" everyone asked astonished. They concluded that it was defiantly a copy cat but they couldn't make up their minds if she was a friend or not to them. Rei did a fire reading and discovered that the other Sailor Moon was tied up by Malikite in a construction site. The girls rushed there but when they arrived the Z warriors were already there. "Serena what are you doing here?" Trunks asked her when the girls arrived. "ME? Um…um.. What are you doing here? Don't you have somewhere else to be?" Serena retorted. The others got the hint that she was trying to get rid of them so she could transform. The fake Sailor Moon revealed herself to be none other than Zoisite. "That's it now I'm really steamed you faker!" Serena yelled stepping forward. "Oh really?" Zoisite said mockingly. "That's right and you're going down Zoisite! Moon Prism Power!" Serena shouted throwing her hand into the air. A blinding light surrounded Serena causing them to close their eyes briefly. Then they saw her in a white leotard and ribbons surrounded her arms and became gloves, ribbons surrounded her legs and her boots appeared. Another flash of light and her skirt formed. Her tiara appeared on her forehead, her collar on her throat, and the red disks on her hair. The red goggles swept across her face and she struck a pose transformed completely into Sailor Moon. "What? Serena's Sailor Moon?" Trunks and Goten said astounded. She looked at him and took off her goggles and they disappeared in her hand. The others couldn't believe what she had just done. She had given up her secret right before them. The other girls ran around her and pulled their transformational sticks out. "Mercury Power!" Ami shouted. "Mars Power!" Rei shouted. "Jupiter Power!" Lita shouted and they transformed into the other Sailor Scouts. The scouts also took off their goggles since the others now knew who they were. "How convenient," Zoisite said and laughed menacingly. "Crescent Beam Smash!" Sailor Moon yelled pointing her finger at Zoisite and sending a beam of energy toward her. Zoisite however was to fast and dodged it. She began to attack Trunks demanding he give her his rainbow crystals if he wanted to save his precious little Sailor Scouts. Malikite then used his power to trap the Sailor Scouts under a dome. "Oh no! Now what?" Sailor Moon whined. "Let's try to break it," Sailor Mars offered. "Sparkling White Crasher!" Sailor Moon yelled sending electricity at the side of the dome but it only ended up electrocuting the scouts. "Let us try!" Goku offered. "Not at the dome!" Mercury shouted to him, "Hit Malikite." The Z warriors then began to gang up on Malikite, but they were no match for him. Trunks knew what he had to do even though he promised the princess in his dreams he just couldn't let anything happen to Serena. "Let them go," he said, "I'll give you the crystals." "No!" Sailor Moon cried. "She's right; don't be stupid boy!" Vegeta snapped. "Venus Love Chain Encircle!" someone yelled. An orange chain that seamed to be made of hearts shot from somewhere above and broke the dome on the scouts. The scouts looked to see their saviour and saw a girl with long blond hair half up in a red bow. She had a sailor outfit that was orange with blue bows and orange high heels. "Sailor Venus?" Sailor Moon asked. "That's right," Sailor Venus said, "Now let's get rid of these losers." "You got lucky this time but everybody's luck runs out at some point!" Malikite said and he and Zoisite disappeared. "Finally a full fledged team!" Sailor Moon squealed hugging Sailor Venus. Sailor Moon looked up and saw the Z warriors looking at her. She walked toward them. "I…I…I..," she stammered looking at each of them she just didn't know what to say. "Serena, why didn't you tell me? Don't you trust me?" Trunks asked her. Her eyes filled with tears. "I'm so sorry," she said turning on her heels and ran away the sailor scouts right behind her. "What did I tell her Artemis? Don't let them know; it will complicate things. But do I know anything? No, she just had to go and ruin everything!" Luna was venting to a white cat with a crescent moon on its forehead. "Luna, calm down the poor girl's upset," Artemis told her. "Kitty?" Trunks asked. Both cats froze solid they had forgotten they were still there. "Meow?" Luna said. "We know you can talk so you better start talking!" Vegeta yelled at the cats making them jump. "Vegeta calm down," Goku said, "Let's go back to our house maybe Serena went home, although I doubt it, and we'll let them explain." The cats seeing that they really had no choice agreed. At the house they explained how Luna found Serena and her destiny to be Sailor Moon and protect the Moon Princess. The adults smiled at each other since they knew who the moon princess was but they all understood not to say anything about it.
 
Serena detransformed and ran till she fell down. The other girls surrounded her and detransformed as well. "It'll be alright," Lita said trying to calm her friend. "You'll see everything will work out," Ami added. "Don't be so sad we'll figure this out together tomorrow; right now you need to sleep," the girl who was Sailor Venus said. "But I can't go home now," Serena choked. "You can have a room at the temple if you like?" Rei offered. Serena nodded and went to the temple with Rei.
 
Serena went to school the next day. Ami and Lita helped her stay as far from Trunks as possible. Serena felt she just couldn't deal with this right now. As she was on her way back to the temple for the meeting he approached her. "Serena," he said, "I'm sorry for the way I acted yesterday." Her eyes filled with tears again and she threw her self at him crying. He picked her up and flew her to the top of a building so she could cry without being disturbed. "I'm sorry," she finally choked out, "I should have told you from the beginning. I wanted to so badly but." She stopped short when he leaned down and kissed her. She calmed down and felt so warm. "Don't worry I promise I'll help you," he said. He brought them back down to the street. "I have to go somewhere but you need to go home," he said and kissed her again. "Where are you going?" she asked. "It's not important," he said shaking his head, "Just go home your mother is worried." He turned and left her. She knew something was wrong and there was no way she was letting him go that easily. She followed him to an alley near the Starlight Tower. She reached her hand out and tapped him on the shoulder. He spun around and knocked her hand away. "Serena?" he asked, "Why are you following me?" "Look buster I know you too well and something's bothering you and I want to know what," she pouted. "Go home," he said and started walking toward the tower. "You've got some nerve!" she yelled after him, she thought,, and then said to herself," I'm gonna find out what that guy's up to." They were almost at the tower when a red light surrounded them both. "What going on?" she cried. "Serena, get out of here!" Trunks yelled. "I wish I could," she whined and they were both transported inside the tower.
 
"Where is she?" Rei demanded. "Is this the Sailor Scout meeting," a girl walked up to Rei, Ami, and Lita. "Who are you?" Lita asked. "Sailor Venus?" Ami guessed. "That's right. I'm Mina," she introduced herself. "And I'm her guardian Artemis," the cat introduced himself to the girls. Right behind her the Z warriors came running toward the temple. "Are we late?" Goku asked. The girls tensed. "No I'm afraid Serena hasn't shown up for the meeting and she should have been here by now even with detention," Luna sighed. "Serena's not a Sailor Scout she's a failure scout!" Rei screamed. "Rei please I'm very worried about Serena," Ami said. Artemis and Mina looked at each other and turned to leave. "Hey where are you going?" Krillin asked. "We passed the Starlight Tower on our way here and got some really bad vibes from it. You guys coming?" Mina asked them. "Yes," everyone said. The girls transformed and they all went to the Starlight Tower.
 
Inside the tower Zoisite was waiting for Trunks and Serena. "Alright here's my end of the bargain," she said walking toward them but stopping halfway and placing three rainbow crystals on the floor. "Are you okay?" Trunks whispered to her. She nodded and Trunks stood up and placed his three rainbow crystals with the other three. Malikite appeared and took all six away. "What is this?" Trunks demanded, "Are you backing out of our fight?" "Someone's got to hold the crystals while you duel," Malikite said and disappeared. "I want those crystals back here now!" Trunks demanded and shot and energy blast at Zoisite scratching her face. "Fine you have two minuets to get to the top floor other wise I'll assume you're not interested. She disappeared and the ceiling became giant icicles. They began falling and forced Serena and Trunks to run. "Somebody get me out of here!" Serena screamed as she ran. "The elevator!" Trunks yelled to her. "Aren't you supposed to use the stairs in case of emergency?" she asked. "What stairs?" he snapped. "Good point," she mused. They reached the elevator and got in just in time. "Good we're safe," Serena sighed in relief. "It's not over yet," Trunks said walking to her. He put his arms around her and held her close to him. "I won't let anything happen to you," he said. "Trunks?" Serena asked, "Why are you after the rainbow crystals? Oh I'm sorry I guess that's nosey of me." "I've been having these dreams," he told her still holding her close, "There's this princess who keeps begging me to bring her this Imperial Silver Crystal. I think she may be the princess you're supposed to protect." Serena put her arms around him and thought about what he had just said.
 
When the others arrived at the tower Mercury did a scan of the building. "Serena and Trunks are trapped in an elevator," she told everyone, "And all the doors are sealed shut. There's no way in." "Oh please," Vegeta snickered and sent a blast at one of the doors destroying it. The Sailor Scouts were a little shocked while the Z warriors sighed. "Nothing like the direct approach," Sailor Jupiter said under her breath and they ran into the building.
 
Suddenly the elevator stopped. Serena and Trunks saw the door to the elevator disappear and felt evil take over the tower. Zoisite stood at the top of the elevator shaft and sent a fire ball toward them. Serena quickly transformed. "Shine Aqua Illusion!" she shouted sending a stream of water at the fire ball extinguishing it. Trunks picked her up and flew them both out of the elevator and up to the top floor. "Sailor Moon," Trunks said putting her down, "Please let me fight her alone." "No we can beat her together," she insisted. "Serena, I have to do this alone," he said again. "I know so you can save your princess," she grumbled and blushed slightly. "Well yeah," he said awkwardly. "Fine," she sighed, "But I'm not leaving." Trunks faced Zoisite and Sailor Moon saw something out of the corner of her eye. For her it all happened so fast. An ice crystal shot out of the ground and went strait for Trunks. "Watch out!" she screamed but it was too late. As he turned to look the ice went right through him. "NO!" Sailor Moon screamed and ran to him. He fell and she caught his head placing it in her lap as she kneeled beside him. "It's up to you now to get the crystals and save the princess," he whispered. "No, Trunks don't leave me. Please don't go. I love you," Sailor Moon whispered crying. One of her tears began to sparkle and a strange energy surrounded her. The others ran into the room right after everything happened. They saw Sailor Moon's tear glowing and stood in awe. Suddenly the seven rainbow crystals appeared. "What's happening?" Piccolo asked. "The crystals they're becoming one," Luna explained to them then she gasped, 'The Imperial Silver Crystal!" The seven crystals joined together and became one bright shining crystal. The crescent moon wand appeared and the crystal set itself inside the golden crescent moon. "Now what happens?" Gohan whispered. "Maybe the princess will be revealed!" Luna said hopefully. Sailor Moon looked up above her. It was calling to her. It was hers to have and keep safe. She laid Trunks on the ground and stood up. "It's Sailor Moon! She's the Moon Princess!" Sailor Venus exclaimed. Sailor Moon took the crescent moon wand and a bright light surrounded her. Her sailor scout outfit became a long white dress and her tiara vanished leaving a gold crescent moon mark on her forehead. Princess Serenity kneeled back down and picked up Trunks' head and laid it on her lap. "I want that crystal and I want it now!" Zoisite demanded and sent a blast of dark energy at Princess Serenity and Trunks. Princess Serenity crossed her arms in front of her face with wand in hand. The energy had nothing but the effect of a strong wind on her. She raised the wand and said softly, "Cosmic Moon Power." The imperial silver crystal shone with a bright warm light and knocked Zoisite away. "You're free Serenity," Trunks whispered, "I remember everything so clearly now. I was Prince Trunks." Princess Serenity's face became strange. "Yes, I am remembering now too. I was Princess Serenity of the Moon Kingdom and you were the prince from Earth. One day we were to marry, but Queen Beryl attacked the Moon and you were going to protect my kingdom. It was the last time I saw you, but set me free again like in our dream. We are free," she said becoming Sailor Moon again and passing out. "Serena!" the scouts yelled and ran to her side. They laid her back. "She just fainted," Sailor Venus informed them. "How princess like," Sailor Mercury commented. "All those memories rushing back must have overloaded her royal circuits," Artemis said.
 
They then turned their attention to Trunks. "He's badly wounded," Sailor Mars told them. Malikite then appeared and Trunks disappeared from Sailor Mars' arms and into his. He and Zoisite then disappeared. "What's happening?!" Vegeta demanded. "I don't know," Sailor Venus stuttered. "We need to get out of here," Sailor Mercury said and began working on her computer. Sailor Jupiter put Sailor Moon on her back. "I'll carry her," Gohan offered. "No she's our princess," Sailor Jupiter said shaking her head. "But she's my sister," Gohan insisted. "I can take you on!" Sailor Jupiter snapped getting defensive. "But can you take on all of us?" Vegeta snickered. "No, but I won't let you touch her," Sailor Jupiter retorted. "Just let it go," Goku said stepping between them, "Sailor Mercury, have you found a way out of here?" "No the evil energy completely warped the dimensions, but I think the exist is this way," she said and started walking. The others had no choice but to follow. "Mercury, have you found a way out yet?" Sailor Jupiter complained after a while, "Serena may be a princess but she isn't light." "I heard that," Sailor Moon's voice came muffled from Sailor Jupiter's back. Sailor Jupiter set her on her feet and Sailor Moon looked around confused. "Do you remember anything?" Sailor Mars asked her. Sailor Moon looked at her hand. She was clutching the crescent moon wand and the Imperial Silver Crystal. Everything came flooding back to her. She and Trunks being trapped in the elevator. Them escaping from the elevator. Zoisite hurting Trunks. She turning into the moon princess. She looked at everyone but noticed someone missing. "Where's Trunks?" Sailor Moon asked. No one answered her. Most looked at the ground. "Is he?" she started but couldn't get the words out. "No he's not dead," Sailor Venus assured her. "Then where is he? Did you just abandon him there?" Sailor Moon asked. "Don't be stupid of course we didn't leave him there," Vegeta snapped causing her to recoil. The Z warriors were surprised she had never been affected by Vegeta's words before. "The Negaverse took him away and we couldn't stop them," Sailor Mars explained. "Artemis, I think we better tell them what we remember now," Luna said. Everyone looked at the cats.
 
"A long time ago there was a state in our Solar System known as the Silver Millennium. All the planets were in habited and at peace with one another. The dominant kingdom was on the moon. It was ruled by Queen Serenity and her daughter Princess Serenity. The Sailor Scouts were each princesses of their own respective planets, but also part of Serenity's court. Vegeta, you and Bulma were the king and queen of the earth, and Trunks was you son, the prince of the Earth. You others were a part of their court. It was not by coincidence that you met; it was your destiny. One day the prince of the earth and the princess of the moon fell in love and wished to be married. It was at this point the Negaverse found its opportunity to attack the Moon Kingdom and steal its treasure, the Imperial Silver Crystal. With it was the only way the Negaverse could achieve its goal of complete control of the Universe. We all, earth and moon, tried to stop the Negaverse but failed. Everyone on the moon was destroyed except myself, Artemis, and Queen Serenity. Queen Serenity used the Imperial Silver Crystal to banish the Negaverse and let all those who had perished on the moon be reborn. Um, most of you were reborn on earth, but even those that weren't were destined to return to whence they came to restore the Silver Millennium and save the prince and princess," Luna told them. "Luna and I were sent to keep an eye out for trouble and if the Negaverse should ever break its seal we could resurrect the Sailor Scouts," Artemis added. Everyone reflected on the story Luna and Artemis had told them. "Well I've got some good news," Sailor Mercury declared after a while, "I think I found a way out." "Good we can get out of here and devise a plan," Sailor Venus said. "Count me out," Sailor Moon grumbled. "What?" every asked surprised. "Count me out. I quit," Sailor Moon said firmly. "But you can't you're the moon princess," Sailor Jupiter said soothingly. "No I'm not!" Sailor Moon yelled jumping up, "My name is Serena. I'm not the moon princess! I'm not Sailor Moon! Not moon anything!" Everyone was surprised by her outburst. Sailor Mars approached her and slapped her across the face. "Listen Meatball Head!" she snapped at Sailor Moon, "You're the princess you have to deal with it. You have to save Trunks." "No, I can't," Sailor Moon said crying, "And I won't loose any more important people because of it. Mercury, get me out of here!" They began walking when they heard a malicious laugh. Malikite appeared. "You're not going anywhere until I get that crystal," he told them. The Sailor Scouts stood defensively around Sailor Moon who just looked scared to death. "You'll have to get through us first!" Venus and Jupiter shouted. They shot their attacks at Malikite, but he just reflected the attacks back at them knocking them unconscious. Mars and Mercury then stood in front of Sailor Moon. "Stop, you don't have to do this," Sailor Moon pleaded. "Yes we do," Sailor Mars said, "It's our duty to protect the Imperial Silver Crystal and the Moon Princess." Malikite just knocked them out of the way and they also fell unconscious. "Serena the only way to end this is to fight!" Goku yelled at her. "But I can't!" she cried. "Yes you can!" everyone yelled. Serena. She heard in her mind. Trunks? She thought tentatively. You're the only one who can save me please fight. Trunks thought to her. Sailor Moon raised her wand. "What are you going to do?" Malikite asked mockingly. For my love, for my friends, for my family, for our future. She thought to herself. "Cosmic Moon Power!" she yelled. A bright, warm light flowed from the crystal. She focused all her energy into driving the evil away and the crystal shone brighter. It drove Malikite to retreat and completely destroyed the evil in the building leaving it in ruins. Did I do that? She thought to herself. The power from the crystal had knocked the others unconscious as well. Sailor Moon ditransformed and became Serena. She walked over to the edge of the ruins and watched the sun slowly set over the water. She held the wand and crystal close to her and thought: Now what? Slowly the others woke up and approached her. Serena turned around and saw her family and friends. The people she cared for the most in the world. She looked up into the night sky and at the full moon above her. It was all so unreal yet all so real. Serena smiled at the people before her and said, "I'm hungry can we go home?" They all stared at her in shock. "She sure bounces back fast," Luna sighed. "How about we go get some ice cream?" Mina suggested. "Yes!" Serena shouted throwing her fist into the air. She lost her balance however and fell into the water behind her. Everyone laughed at the clumsy princess and helped her up. Serena went home to dry off. Before she went to bed she took out the star locket Trunks had given her. She opened it and began to cry. She fell asleep crying listening to the music of the locket.