Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ After the rain ❯ Sweet seduction ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Sailor Moon/Fruits Basket crossover
All standard disclaimers apply.
After the rain…
Written by mystlady
Warnings: minor OOC-ness, unedited. Be open-minded with certain pairings!
Time frame: the end of Fruits Basket series (episode 26) and beginning of Sailor Moon Stars Season (after the movie, Black Dream Hole)
Just fell in love with the series after watching the very first episode. I could finally write a fic that is centered on my favorite scouts. XD I was reading Sprit of the Dead's profile and she had some interesting pairings with the scouts x Sohma boys (Pluto x Hatori, Mars x Kyo, Mercury x Yuki). Thanks for the idea. The updates will be rather slow but this is one of my main baby projects.
Forbidden love, denied passion, loneliness, betrayals and second chances. The intricate lives of the Sohma family and those of the sailor scouts unfolds in more ways than one…
Trista x Hatori: An ill-fated love, a yearning passion. A love that was once lost, salvaged by her kindness. In return, an everlasting promise made but will it be enough to convince her to stay?
Mina x Akito: Blinded by hate, a compassionate heart. In the darkest moments of his life, Akito tries to reconcile with the terms of his unquestionable past and his family. Her love may have healed his broken spirit knowing his last days with her may come to an end….
Raye x Kyo: A troubled past, a forgiving heart. Encountering with both devils in disguises, Raye and Kyo had a fair share of heated moments but in a sudden change of heart, Raye begins to see him beyond his cold demeanor and only to find him resisting to her love.
Amy x Yuki: Unworthy of love, learning to accept. For Amy, a fairy tale romance that doesn't exist but for Yuki, a real true love does come once in a blue moon.
Lita x Hatsuharu: To open your heart, is to be vulnerable. Having her heart broken once before, Lita is happily cruising the single life until Haru enters the picture and wants more than a little fling…
Hotaru x Momiji: To share a love, a friendship deepens. Momiji's first real crush, dealing with his conflicting and confusing emotions for his new found friend, Hotaru. Would she share the same feelings in return or will it lead to bitter heartbreak?
A rice ball doesn't belong in a fruits basket.” - Tohru Honda, episode 5
Prologue: Sweet seduction
“Really Shigure. I thought you had a better sense to drag me out here and away from my important work.” Hatori said disdainfully, looking impatiently at the crowded bar restaurant. He cringed at the sounds of the lively music and chattering noises among the local patrons seeing them laughing and having a good time. It wasn't his ideal place to relax after work preferably more peaceful environment just to be away from the intensity inside the main residence of the Sohma family clan. Not to mention, the stress being around with Akito every day and night looking after him was quite a handful. These days, Akito seemed to be more quiet and despondent as if he no longer cared. This bothered Hatori very much knowing the pain and suffering inside that Akito was going through. After all these years, Akito never once uttered a word of sorrow or regret until that day Tohru Honda stumbled unto their cursed secret more than a year ago. Akito, as the head of the family carried the full weight of the Zodiac curse not being able to live passing through the age of 30. He was not so fortunate as with the other family members. It was a sad and cruel fate to live a way of life for Akito and Hatori was determined not to lose hope if he could only then lessen the pain for Akito…
“Aww…I think you just hurt my feelings there, Ha'ri. Where's your sense of adventure?” His close friend and cousin, Shigure taunted him as he took a sip of his wine, savoring the taste of its impeccable flavor. “Ah… that hits the spot right here.”
“Don't you be stick in a mud, Ha'ri!” Ayame scolded him, another close friend of his and devoted cousin just like Shigure. “Now, don't you go on spoiling our fun and I'd say this is a quite an establishment you have chosen, Shigure.” He commented, changing the subject. “Very classy and chic. Quite appropriate I might add. I heard nothing but the highest praise on this restaurant and though, it was a shame that I never had the time to personally visit this place myself but I do now.” He giggled like a schoolgirl, unable to stop hiccupping.
Hatori shook his head in disbelief. “You're acting delirious and your mind has been clogged with too much alcohol. You're a bad influence on him, Shigure.” He frowned.
Shigure smiled. “Well, at least SOMEONE is having a good time on my account. Relax, the night is young and try to enjoy what this fine establishment has to offer.” He glanced over his right shoulder and spotted a group of girls huddled in a big round table. A few girls were in their late teens accompanied by three mature looking college girls. He took a sneak peek closer at the teenage girls, somewhat of a pervert for doing so.
“Oh… She's quite a mysterious one!” Ayame exclaimed, pointing to one of the girls. “She has a refined taste for fashion. She's very sexy, elegant and alluring that men would find themselves be dazzled at the mere sight of her!” She was very tall and stunning woman dressed in a black cocktail dress talking animatedly to her friends. She has a long dark green hair almost reaching down to her waist and a single stylish bun adorned on her head.
“She's rare beauty indeed.” Shigure nodded his head in agreement, quite impressed.
“Hmm… you assumed too much. How could you tell just by looking at her Aya?” Hatori questioned, his gaze fell upon her.
“Elementary my dear Ha'ri. I am after all an expert and have a keen eye for details.” Ayame said boastfully, “I simply must know her name! She could be my next muse! Oh waiter!” He raised his hand, signaling for the next available waiter.
“Aya, what are you up too?” Hatori asked him suspiciously.
“Good evening, Sir. How can I assist you?” A young gentleman suddenly appeared on their table.
“I would like to order the Innisfil Ice Wine bottle and kindly deliver to the gracious lady wearing a black cocktail dress. She has a long dark green hair.” Ayame discreetly pointed his finger to the woman whom he just gave a description moments ago. Then, he gave Hatori a sly look. “In regards to Dr. Hatori Sohma.”
“Aya! Don't you dare!” Hatori said warningly.
“Too late,” Ayame said cheerfully, giving him one of his angelic smiles as soon as the waiter disappeared with his order.
“You clever snake!” Shigure was astounded. “I wish I thought of it myself sooner!”
“Oh, the anticipation is killing me!” Ayame said dramatically. “I guess we just have to wait and see for ourselves.”
“I'm just getting the goose bumps!” Shigure said excitedly. The two of them waited in anticipation and completely ignored Hatori's glare. The waiter came out, carrying a large bottle of wine and presented it to the lady as per Ayame's instructions. Shigure and Ayame giggled to themselves seeing the woman's astonished look on her face. Hatori sighed in defeat.
To their complete surprise, the woman came over to their table. She was smiling at them graciously.
“Hello, thank you for the wonderful wine.” She said politely, “I'm Trista Meioh. Are you by any chance Dr. Hatori Sohma?” She asked, looking at them expectedly.
Shigure nudge his elbow at his cousin, Hatori. “I'm Dr. Hatori Sohma.” Hatori greeted her as he stood up, extending his hand to her. “It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Meioh.”
“My pleasure as well Dr. Sohma” She shook his hand. Her handshake was firm and warm.
“The two gentlemen here are my cousins, Shigure and Ayame.” He introduced them and they exchanged a warm greeting at her.
“My friends took me out to celebrate tonight. If you like, you're more than welcome to join us.” She informed them. They saw her friends waving at them in the distance.
“Of course, we would love to!” Shigure declared, “the more the merrier!” He grinned at Hatori but Hatori did not comment.
This will be a rather interesting evening, after all.” Ayame thought. “I am so clever and conniving that I even amazed myself sometimes…” He joined the others in a group conversation as they sailed away from their table…
Prologue ends… to be continued…