Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ After the rain ❯ 3:Save my broken heart ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 3: Save my broken heart
Notes: Will consider a Kagura x Kyo x Raye triangle in the future since Kagura's obsession with Kyo will not disappear overnight.
Elizabeth Furuhata is not a made up character, she's actually Andrew/Motoki's little sister (redhead) working in Fruit Crowne Parlour.
`Beware of the green-eyed monster', as the old saying goes.
A monster was described as reaching the approximate height of 5'7 feet, slender built but very strong than most girls for her age, brunette tied up in a ponytail and sparkling green eyes like emeralds. It fit the perfect description of a very pissed, jealous girl fooled by her own best friend.
The mental picture of her ex-best friend and another girl kissing passionately made her skin crawled, wanting to beat the daylights out of him. Ken. Her best friend and constant companion was her hero and considered him as a brother whom she loved more than anyone else in the world. After all these years, she'd never told him that she loved him and was afraid to reveal her true feelings for him. She deeply fell in love for the first time in her life unexpectedly for someone whom she felt close to and yet never imagined it was her own best friend, Ken.
Why of all people it had to be him? She could have fell for someone else, a stranger other than him. She didn't want her heart to get broken again. It hurt too much. It was already too late if she hadn't been such bloody fool…
Until yesterday, she found out the truth. She saw him kissing his classmate on his schoolyard when she planned on visiting him early afternoon. She was going to tell him everything, confess and somewhat make him understand how she truly felt for him. True love had opened her eyes, trusting him with her whole heart.
But he was just like any other useless men out there. Men were jerks, bastards, assholes and any sort of names that she could come up with her mind. She was just too tired to think anymore. Why even bother chasing after all of these men if they won't treat a woman right? It was pointless anyways and a waste of her time.
She was tired of playing this stupid, waiting games. If men were allowed to make their own rules, she was free to play as much as she desired.
“I HATE MEN!!” Lita was screaming loudly inside her bedroom, pounding her fists furiously on her pillows. “Ken, you fucking asshole!” She felt the impulse to throw something at the wall, anything to make her feel better inside but couldn't since she lived in a one bedroom apartment and the last thing that she needed was her neighbors complaining and endless tirade about her outrageous behavior.
Amy Mizuno, another close friend of Lita dropped by to see her for a quick chat and came to pick some missed homework due to her recent absences from school. Lately, she'd been heavily involved competing against other schools in an academic competition very much like Jeopardy. An American show imported from the US. She was quite surprised and a bit alarmed by Lita's outburst. It was rare for Lita to be upset this much and deeply provoked her anger. Wordlessly, Amy was unable to give some kind of support to help a troubled friend if she never fully experienced herself first hand the wonders of falling in love… She had never a boyfriend or was close to a guy friend named Greg. “Lita, are you sure it was him or mistook him for someone else?” She inquired.
“I saw him with my own two eyes, that two-timing bastard!” Lita swore, “Why didn't he tell me?!” Once again, she was on the verge of losing her self-control. Amy flinched upon hearing her friend cursing, Lita looked even angrier than ever. This girl talk wasn't helping as much as Amy wanted to calm her friend down. Maybe, she could try a different approach.
“Did you had the chance to tell him how you felt about him before you ran off and decided it wasn't worth giving him the benefit of your doubt?” Amy coaxed her. A strange, thoughtful look came over Lita's face and then her jaw dropped leaving a mouth wide open in shock.
She moaned in agony, burying her shameful face on the pillows. “No, I just assumed that he wasn't interested. Seeing him with another girl made me so mad. Oh, what's the use? It's too late to go back now. I'd be a total idiot…. Arghhh… Stupid, stupid me.”
`Then, he'd be more of a fool not to notice a great girl like you. I'm sure there are some great guys just waiting to fall over your feet.” Amy's voice sounded so cheerful, her gentle words helped ease Lita's confusing, chaotic emotions surrounding her.
Lita rose from her bed, her anger slowly subsiding. She sat there for a minutes quietly contemplating. Her eyes flickered over to Amy watching with such kindness and understanding in those baby blue eyes. No matter what kind of trouble she would get herself into, Amy and the other girls were always there by her side like a true friend in deed. She was very few of the lucky ones to have found good people like Amy, Serena, Raye and Mina who would truly cherish your friendship.
“Oh Ames,” Lita gave her a lopsided smile, attempting to lighten her dejected mood. “I sound just like a spoiled rotten kid don't I? This whole unrequited love business crap is getting really old fashion. I guess the old saying is true `nice guys do finish last.' I mean for girls that is…” She said sheepishly.
Amy comfortably sat on Lita's bed, next to her. “No, I don't think that's the main problem. You just haven't found the right person that's all.” She said softly, “It'd be nice to have a boyfriend at this time, I suppose but maybe just after our high school entrance exam.” She said wistfully.
“Ahh…Ames, don't say the `e' word…. Please!” Lita rolled her eyes out. “You sure know how to spoil a mood.” Laughing, she playfully smacked the pillow over Amy's head. Amy gasped in surprise and threw back the pillow at her in return. They spent the next ten minutes participating in a non-violent, friendly game of pillow fight.
“You wanna call it a truce?” Lita said, resting for a short while after their friendly spat ended. Amy answered by nodding her head; her body lying so peacefully and relaxed for the first time. It felt so tiring and grueling herself on those competition. Her eyes were dangerously closed to falling asleep…
“Why are we wasting our time bumming around instead of doing something more fun?” Lita suggested, her face brightened with a happy smile. An idea began to formulate inside her mind. She quickly glanced over her alarm clock checking for the exact date and time. It was close to 8 pm on a Thursday night. I wonder if it's even worth going there this late? Elizabeth said she should try to be there by 8:30 pm tonight.
“Sorry Lita, Not tonight. I've got a lot of catching up to do.” Amy frowned, “My priorities is to get all of this missed assignments done to make up for my absences from school. Not to mention, I've been way behind in all of my reading!”
“What? But you've always been reading 10 chapters ahead of class!” Lita protested. “I don't think it will make any difference if you missed your work even for just one night?!”
Amy giggled. “I know what you're up to Lita. Bribery won't work on me remember?”
“No but if I have to force you to come with me that's entirely different story.” Lita said mischievously, grabbing for Amy's hand before she make her quick escape. She stood up quickly, pulling Amy with her.
“Lita, you can't!!!” Amy exclaimed in horror.
“Don't worry, you'll be thanking me later….” Lita's voice echoed as the two disappeared from her bedroom.
 
oooooooooooooooo
 
“An Underground Rave?” Yuki looked skeptical as his eyes roamed over the dim lit, noisy arena where a bunch of people dancing to the loud techno fast beat type of music. At the center stage, a woman supposedly the DJ was busy maneuvering her hands on the turntables while the crowd cheered wildly. “And you brought me here for what reason Haru?” His eyes switched back to his cousin, Hatsuharu casually leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.
“Well, you said it yourself you needed ideas for school activities,” Haru reminded him, “If you decide to do something like a dance-a-thon for a charity fundraising, clubs like this should draw more people in. If people are interested and attended, more money is raised for a good cause.”
“Hmm… you do have a good valid point there but I don't think the school board would approve of this particular venue.” Yuki said with a concern look on his face. “I don't know what the details were but I've heard there might have been unfortunate incidents at a club like this one nearly expelled students in the past. The teacher advisor may not be too happy with your suggestion.”
“What? Can't you override their decision even if majority of your staff voted for this idea?” Haru questioned. “You've been appointed as the new student council president for next year and is expected of you to think innovative ideas. It'll benefit the school for a change and you don't have to follow what the old geezer has to say.” He smirked, referring to the current president Makoto Takei whom he had intense dislike since meeting him on the very first day of school. Makoto's egotistical and very conservative attitude strictly abiding by the school's regulation irked him in so many ways nearly ended him and Momiji from getting a detention in class. As far as he was concern, no one would dare try to cross him and get away so easily with such cockiness. So far, Makoto's threat was idle and kept his mouth shut not saying a word regarding that side trip to the men's washroom as a little reminder! (Though, his anger was provoked not as quite as bad with Shigure's perverted thoughts!)
“Well, I'll consider your idea but I can't promise anything.” Yuki said seriously. One of his hands flew over to his mouth covering as he stifled a yawn. “Why don't we call it a night? I don't want Ms. Honda and Shigure to keep them waiting too long if we get home late. I wonder where did that stupid cat ran off to?”
“You can say he's tied up at the moment with Kagura.” Haru grinned; his eyes spotted Kagura happily dancing with Kyo clingingly to him so lovingly and possessively. The poor guy nearly passed out from her tight embrace.
Kyo's head jerked up sensing as if he was being watched and saw his cousin Haru staring at him. “You're dead Haru!!” mouthing those words to him. Haru could barely hear him from the distance but knew what he said. It only made him laugh even more at Kyo's response. He was a bit responsible for tagging Kagura along with them to the club though Haru didn't had the heart to deny her wishes to see Kyo. There may have been occasional spat between him and Kyo not as intense as Kyo's rivalry with Yuki. It was quite annoying to hear them bicker like little children everyday although everyone became accustomed to them by now.
He was happy mostly for his own family seeing how much pain and suffering they've been through so much in their lives. It never occurred to him that mere girl with so much love and kindness in her heart made a difference in their lives. Without her, their lives would never be the same. Tohru Honda. For once, they deserved to be happy…
Except for him…
The stupid, fat ugly worthless cow couldn't do anything… Just like in the old Banquet story.
Haru closed his eyes briefly, breathing in slowly quietly meditating. It was the key points of breathing exercises to calm his nerves down when he trained as a child in martial arts. Although, he didn't quite improved yet handling his raging temper earning him a nickname `Black Haru' for his split personality. Who would in their right mind ever love a guy like him? His heart yearned to be accepted.
“JACKASS!!”
**CRASH**
His eyes flew opened upon hearing a girl swearing and then followed by a loud crash. “What the-?” His response was cut off when another boy landed beside him, moaning in pain. A tall brunette girl towered over the injured boy.
She clenched her fists in fury. “Listen up loser, if you want women to start liking you. You'd better know how to treat us more respectfully and don't go around accusing us as a slut!” Her angry green eyes met Haru's curious gaze for a mere second.
Probably a case of being dumped and rejected by the ex… Haru suspected. Venting out her frustrations and emotions that bottled up inside her for so long. Being quiet and observant, he was highly attuned to peoples' emotions. The anguish in her eyes mirrored his own pain and rejection. It couldn't be helped but to feel sympathize for this girl nursing her broken heart…
His eyes lingered on the girl's feature, assessing her carefully. Aside from her angry expression, she was quite pretty to look at reminding him of his cousin Kagura. Both shared similar traits of a determined, strong and independent woman. It was quite impressive to have witnessed her stood up against to a bully. Most girls that he was aware of either wither away or burst into tears in a fight. Her red rose earrings were the most strikingly noticeable although she was completely unaware that one pair was missing.
“Umm… excuse me Miss?” Haru was trying to gain her attention.
“What is it?!” She was definitely annoyed now.
He was taken aback by her unfriendliness. I guess she's still pissed off.
“Lita! Lita!” Someone must have called her when the girl turned her head sideways. A redhead girl came up to her, panting tiredly.
“You okay?” There was a concern look on her friend's face.
The brunette girl named Lita responded with a shy smile of her own. “No worries, Elizabeth. So Amy's not with you?”
Elizabeth shook her head. “Well, she said she needed some time alone. She went somewhere and I couldn't find her anywhere. I feel bad leaving her behind.”
Lita gave a deep regretful sigh. “It's my fault. I'm the one who dragged her into this mess. She must be feeling worn out by now. Let's go look for her.”
“Right,” Elizabeth agreed by nodding her head. So, they left Haru behind alone by himself watching them walked away chatting among themselves. Haru just shrugged his shoulder. Too bad for her, one of the earring is missing. She's too freaking pissed to even bother listening to me anyways. No point of arguing with her.
“Huh, what's this?” Out of the corner of his eyes, he spotted something gleaming on the floor. He leaned down picking the object of some sort and took a good closer look. It was the missing pair of the red rose earring belonging to the girl, Lita. Closing his fingers, he cradled the delicate earring on the palm of his hand. “Lita…”
“Time for us to be heading out,” Haru announced, “I'll go fetch Kyo and Kagura. Yuki? Yuki?” There was no answer. By the time Haru looked over his shoulder, Yuki was already gone.
 
oooooooooooooooo
 
Amy was walking in daze as if she was lost in a huge maze, passing through the crowded club. Overwhelmed by the day's events, she was about to collapse from exhaustion. Not to mention, she was developing a sudden headache from all the intense noise, the stench of sweat and alcohol, smoking and a very stuffy room full of drunken people. It was much more wilder and livelier atmosphere that she ever been too and the last place she would come to visit. It felt like she was a loner or cast off that no one wanted. Idiotically, she had to be seen wearing her school uniform in public, sticking out like a sore thumb in the crowd. Hell, it was no wonder that she was feeling much more uncomfortable passing through alone in the dark noisy room encountering unwanted attention from complete strangers mocking and perverted old men leering at her. She was remorseful for leaving Elizabeth's side now she had gotten herself lost and so much trouble. Right now, all she wanted was to be safe at home and in her nice comfortable bed sleeping peacefully. She was getting too impatient by the minute…
It can't be helped. Lita just needed someone to cheer her up. I suppose the other girls were too busy to notice what's going on. I've been too preoccupied lately with my own problems. If I've been a really good friend, I wouldn't try to shut away Lita and the others from my life. I can't be selfish just because I've been prioritizing school first. I can't be like that all the time…
Far ahead, she noticed the entrance way guarded by two large powerful looking bouncers. She smiled to herself that she finally found the main entrance. Once outside, she gave a sigh of relief as she stood in the parking lot underneath the full moon shining so brightly along with the stars twinkling on a beautiful Thursday night. She found a quiet area to sit on an empty bench just near the club entrance, hoping that Lita and Elizabeth might be spotted once they stepped outside. It would have been impossible to contact Lita through her wristwatch communicator due to the noise interfering inside the club.
Feeling bored, she took out her mini blue computer given to her by Luna when she was first recruited as Sailor Mercury and being trained hard in those days. She wasn't much of a fighter like the others were and her water base attacks were considered weak but she'd always been depended upon her strategically planning when it came to battle. They were 100% accurate and proven to be a success rate. Through her hard work and discipline, she managed to exceed her duties as a sailor scout and leading two double lives. A normal life as a student named Amy Mizuno and a guardian to the Moon Princess, Serena Tsukino.
As soon as she flipped the mini computer open, it automatically switched the power ON and a large message, “You've got mail” flashing across the screen. Ever so curious, Amy decided to check for the unopened email by dragging an arrow pointer towards the blinking icon taking a shortcut to the email program. In there, another box popped in the screen indicating `receiving and retrieving messages'. She clicked on the INBOX section and to her delight; she received a long awaited letter from her long time friend Greg.
She read the letter.
Dear Amy,
I'm hopelessly in love.
Amy was surprised by his bold declaration. He was hardly the type of person just to blurt out his innermost feelings, twice as shy as he was just like her. There was something else different about his letter. It wasn't open and friendly as it was before during the time of their correspondence but she continued reading her email.
I met this amazing girl that I'm totally crazy about. I didn't think this was possible. How could I be feeling this way for someone that I've barely known only for a short period of time?
I hope this doesn't change anything between us, Amy. Your friendship means to me more than ever…
I hope that someday you will find a guy who can make you happy… You're a good person Amy and you deserve to be happy.
Take care,
Greg.
Amy had to smile. It was so considerate of Greg thinking of her so carefully not to hurt her feelings. The truth was that she never felt anything for him other than friendship and always thought of him as a brother that she never had. Despite that they went out a few dates and shared her first sweet kiss from him, she has long outgrown for her feelings for Greg. He was truly one of the most admirable guy and the only person that gotten to the real Amy Mizuno hiding behind those books as her classmate loved to tease her for being the `teacher's pet.'
I hope she'll make you happy too Greg, she's a very lucky girl to have you in her life…
She wasn't jealous like the other girls taking vengeance for being dumped or rejected by their ex. All she ever wished for Greg's happiness. But she couldn't helped but think of her broken-hearted friend Lita. In a way, she was right about unrequited love. What if you have terribly fallen in love with the person supposedly it happen to be your best friend and your best friend liked someone else? How could you be able to endure that pain? It doesn't justify with Lita's situation…
Except, it was a rare case for Serena and Darien. Their long-standing love affair was something out of a fairy tale romance, which it doesn't happen to, often in real life. They may have shared a few bumps in their relationship especially the time during their big break up when the Negamoon came to take over the present day, Tokyo. The test of their true loyalty and devotion for each other surpassed. It amazed her even more to see their bond and love for each other grew stronger ever since. Love does conquer in the end. Or is it just a hype that movies, tv shows and books liked to fantasized the idea of true love?
It doesn't make sense to her in anyways, thinking about it made even more depressing. She got enough problems with her school and her job as Sailor Mercury to worry about. She couldn't be able to afford with any distraction right now…
“Excuse me miss, is this seat taken?”
“No, there's plenty of room beside me.” Amy responded with a friendly smile on her face, craning her neck up and found herself staring face-to-face with Yuki Sohma. An inexplicable blush came over her face encountering this good-looking boy standing in front of her.
“Thank you,” He said politely returning with a smile of his own. Amy hastily moved to the side, hoping he wouldn't have to see the embarrassing flush on her face. He sat beside her, cross-legged while she fiddled with her mini-computer avoiding look into his face again. The effect having to sit beside him was awkward enough as it was and she didn't know whether she'll able to last this long.
“It's a beautiful night, don't you think so?” He asked her all of a sudden, attempting to make a small talk.
“Ummm… yes isn't it?” She answered him feebly and then she cringed at her pathetic response. Couldn't you think of anything else better to say? Honestly, when it came to guys she was just as clueless as ever. She didn't know the first thing about the finesse art of flirting. Mina, Raye and Lita were very outgoing and knew how to handle guys like a pro.
He noticed her discomfort. “Please don't let me distract you from your work.” He apologized to her sincerely.
“Oh you mean this?” She showed him her mini-computer. “Don't worry, I'm just playing around with my computer that's all.”
“That's a very cute computer you have there.” He commented, looked quite impressed. “Very compact and quite handy. It would make my life easier if I didn't have to carry my heavy laptop with me everywhere. May I take a look?” She nodded her head as she handed over her mini computer to him.
“Hmm… interesting.” He murmured, peering closely at her computer. “I haven't seen a model like this one before in any of the catalogues or the electronic stores I've been too.”

”Well…err… It was given to me as a gift from a friend.” She stammered not wanting to reveal the truth that it was from a cat named Luna and one of her handy gadgets as Sailor Mercury. “It's quite powerful and can do as much as normal PC does like internet/email, MS Office and games. I don't have CD or DVD installed on it but it does a bonus features like a scientific calculator and GPS tracking.”
“Oh really, a GPS tracking? Now quite an amazing tool for locating lost items,” He said. “You probably go off somewhere adventurous don't you?” Just imagine Kagura having this handy tool to track down that stupid cat running off somewhere.
“I wouldn't say that…” She smiled secretly. Though, she felt a slight guilt for lying there but appropriate action must be taken place to protect one's sworn secrecy. “I used it more often to track down my friends who decide to ditch study buddies last minute.” At least, she spoke the truth although Serena and the others had no idea that she kept tabs on their missed attendance.
“I can imagine,” His kind eyes were twinkling with laughter. “But I wonder why you have a planetary symbol of Mercury on your computer?” He asked her curiously, handing the computer back to her. For a minute there, she stared numbly at it unable to answer him.
“Have I upset you?” He looked worried.
“No, no. I'm not upset.” She said, shaking her head vigorously. “I was just surprise that you know about the planetary signs. I mean people are not into science that's all and it can be such a tedious subject to learn.” Phew, that was a close call.
“I don't think so but I find science to be very fascinating subject to learn. It happens to be my favorite subject too,” He informed her. “I'm quite aware of the Roman/Greek mythology influence that was named after our 9 mysterious planet in the solar system.”
For the first time, Amy was no longer timid talking to this boy and strangely enough felt comfortable to be around him. It was probably because he seemed more intelligent and mature to be discussing intellectual conversation. Not too many boys that she knew would be interested and be intimidated by her intelligence.
“Oh, I should have introduced myself first. My name is Amy Mizuno by the way.” She said happily, extending a friendly hand to him.
He shook her hand firmly. “The pleasure is all mine Ms. Mizuno. I'm Yuki Sohma.” Then, the corner of his mouth lifted in a real smile. She's very different from the other girls in school. I have a feeling that she'd be interesting to have her as a friend…
Chapter 3 ends… to be continued…