Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ After the rain ❯ 2:Tresspass ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
Chapter 2: Trespass
Mina x Akito storyline/portion is dedicated to Venus of Love VOL-chan
Further acknowledgments: Thank you Moonlit Memories and Deaths Bloody Rose for the information!
Warning: Akito Sohma based on the animé episode. Not the female from the manga version.
The first daybreak came when the reddish golden rays of sunlight burst through the dark bluish skies in the earliest hours. Far below, the lifeless streets of Tokyo were now in full swing of action of people, cars, trains and buses going about their usual daily business in a busy metropolis. Not far from the city, a number of large mansions in a very exclusive area of upper class families lived in a quiet, neighboring street. An old stylish Japanese mansion belonging to a particular family has lived there for generations and in secrecy. A secret that was discovered by a girl named Tohru Honda nearly devastated the entire clan of the Sohma family. It had caused resentment and anger as a result from a certain family member, Akito Sohma. The most revered and feared headmaster who had ruled like an emperor inside his cold, forbidding kingdom.
Anyone who dared to oppose to his dislike was punishable by his deep hatred and malice. He cruelly enjoyed tormenting his own family for the sake of being in a misery state. A heartless bastard and completely devoid of any emotions to feel compassion for others who had tremendously suffered in mind, body and spirit due to the tragic circumstance of this family curse. And yet, he most of all endured the burden to carry the full weight of the Zodiac curse. The mysterious illness that haunted for most of his life would ultimately lead to his death at a tender young age…
These days, it was relatively peaceful at the Sohma main residence. Life at the main house has drastically changed for the better ever since Tohru Honda came in contact with Sohma family. Most of the family members were no longer petrified and became livelier than ever. Tohru's openness and compassion has healed them, erasing all of their scars from their past.
Except for Akito, his confusion has only led him to isolation and despondency.
Nowadays, he seemed to be spending most of his time locked up in his bedroom avoiding any forms of human contact. He was a loner by nature though his body weakened from his illness and had to be kept under surveillance by Hatori.
He sat on his usual spot by the windowsill, overlooking the entire Sohma estate. The welcoming sounds of his favorite bird chirping awaken him this particular morning and yet another restless night spent after bout of his illness resurfaced just looking at his haggard face. During the next few minutes, he contentedly stared through the window enjoying the peaceful scenery. Then, the signs of trouble started when his vision became too disoriented.
“Arghh… Not again,” He said weakly, pressing a hand over his forehead. He felt too dizzy to move and his body went limp quietly collapsing unto the floor…
At the same time, Ritsu was anxiously standing in the hallway unable to open the sliding door to Akito's private bedroom due to his fear of being ridicule especially from Akito's himself. “What if it's not too hot? Oh no, he might yell at me… What am I going to do? Why me? Why me? He said uneasily, shaking his head. He was summoned this morning to bring Akito's breakfast since Akito hardly ever ventured out of his bedroom anymore. Even as a child, Ritsu has always been extremely afraid of Akito and was careful of his actions not to offend Akito so easily because of his violent temper. Despite things had rather settled peacefully in the main Sohma house, Ritsu was still feeling uncomfortable to be around Akito.
Ritsu gulped nervously and his fingers pushed the sliding doors away. Peeking carefully inside, he saw Akito lying unconsciously on the floor. Ritsu dropped the tray absentmindedly in shock; its contents and the food messily splattered everywhere.
“I'M SORRY, I'M SORRRYYY!!!!!” He was hyperventilating. “Dear God, what have I done?!” He wept in sorrow. “Oh no…. HATORI!! HATORI!!” He began screaming for help. The sounds of the heavy footsteps could be heard inside the Sohma house, rushing in time trying to save Akito's life. The emergency ambulance arrived at the scene and paramedics came out carrying Akito's body in a stretcher…
A few days later…
Mina was happily humming to the song lyrics while listening to her J-Pop CD Collection. As an avid fan and follower to some of her favorite idols in Japan, she'd always dreamed of becoming a famous rock star or just a talented actress. But for now as a student, she would have to worry first passing her high school entrance exam and already had shown trouble in the past juggling her school work and duties as a sailor scout. Life was never too boring for Mina especially whenever there would be a cute boy involved!
“Hello???? Earth to Mina?!” Artemis exclaimed in frustration, trying to lower his voice down. He didn't want to wake her family up, sleeping quietly in their rooms. After all these years, he managed to live his life in secrecy without arousing suspicion from anyone in Mina's house. He wasn't born as an ordinary cat with such unusually gifts of communication and being able to think like a normal human being. He was once part of Queen Serenity's royal advisor during Silver Millennium and now as guardian to Sailor Venus or better known as the famous Sailor V.
“Are you tone deaf Mina? You're going to be late for school again and do you want to get detention in class?” Artemis sighed, shaking his head. Mina was not sort of a morning person and she was as bad as Serena when it came to school. He couldn't believe how much they act alike and not to mention the fact they could have been twin sisters.
“Heard you loud and clear, Artemis.” Mina replied lazily, still yawning. “Why the grouchy face? Got off the wrong track this morning?” She turned off her CD player as she stood up from her bed and headed straight towards her closet to change into her school uniform.
“You mean, got off the wrong side of the bed?” He muttered, “I wish you pay more attention to school from your actual preaching. You've got a few months left in your last year of junior high and it's probably be a good idea if you start taking more serious about your high school entrance exam.”
“You worry too much Artemis,” Mina said easily, not slightly deter by his constant nagging. “Lighten up and if you don't, you won't really live life for what it really is.”
“I know, I know I can be a pain but I can't helped it that I worry about you sometimes.” He said truthfully, looking down on the soft carpet with the saddest expression on his face. “I don't know if I'm doing my job properly…”
Mina smiled and sat next to him. “Of course, you are. You're the best friend I could ever ask for. So don't worry about it, Artemis. I'm not going to stop ever being your friend, ok?” She patted a comforting hand on his head. “I was going to surprise you but I'm going to tell you anyways. The reason that I'm not going to school early this morning because I was asked to volunteer at a local hospital for the next couple of months. And yes, this will go towards my high school enrollment prerequisites. It's not only the entrance exam and my grades but they will also look for my community service.”
“That's great Mina, I'm proud of you.” Artemis sounded much for happier now. It looks like things are going to get better from now on. He thought optimistically.
Mina looked horrified as she glanced over her wristwatch communicator. She was going to be late on her first day as a hospital volunteer. “Sorry Artemis, gotta book it. I'm late again!!!” She wailed, dashing out of her bedroom.
“Spoke to soon.” Artemis shook his head in disbelief. He sank his body lower on the carpet, closing his eyes as he drifted to sleep…
 
oooooooooooooooo
 
It had been a few days since Akito remained in the hospital for more observation. Hatori was in a private meeting consulting with another doctor in charge while Ayame and Ritsu were in the waiting room restlessly pacing back and forth.
“I can't stand this suspense.” Ayame said all of a sudden, “It's too quiet in here!” He sighed and sat crossed leg on an empty chair preparing to wait for another tedious hour or so.
“Oh god… I hope Akito is alright,” Ritsu mumbled nervously, twiddling with his fingers. “I…..I'm so soorryyy….”
“For the thousandth time, Ritsu. Stop blaming yourself for once and get hold of yourself!” Ayame rolled his eyes out. “It can't be helped that Akito has the curse filled with deadly illness for most of his life.”
“Oh… okay,” Ritsu said timidly. The room became quiet once more until Hatori showed up, his face looking grave as usual.
“Ha'ri? I take it everything has been finalized?” Ayame inquired, “Is Akito able to go home now?” Ritsu just stood behind him fidgeting and listening intently to their conversation.
“Dr. Mizuno would still like to keep Akito for awhile. I could not go against with her wishes as I much I prefer to take Akito home with us. But in the meantime, it would be best if he remains here in the hospital and I feel more confident that he will properly be taken care of than in our home. They're more equipped than I am.” Hatori explained. “Though, I did not mention about the family curse.”
“So, what seems to be troubling you then?” Ayame persisted.
“Truthfully, I don't think Akito will make it this time.” Hatori said quietly…
 
oooooooooooooooo
 
“Phew, it's a good thing I made it in time or else I would missed my orientation!” Mina said an hour later, looking exhausted. She just finished attending one-hour brief training session with the hospital volunteer coordinator. “Ms. Kizuni wouldn't be too happy with me if I've been late again! Artemis is right. I could be such a goofball sometimes. No wonder, he's been worrying about me!”
“Well, the only consolation is I get to wear this cute outfit.” Mina was smiling happily, peering closely at her mint green uniform with a blazer, blouse, short mini skirt and a boots to match her attire. A small ID pinned on her blouse with her name printed shown on the card. “Well, I might as well stop goofing around and start working. I wonder if there's any cute boys around?” She wondered, approaching the nearby reception. She quickly introduced herself to the friendly nurses stationed in the area.
“Well, I hope you'll find everything what you need here, Ms. Aino.” One of the kind, older nurses pushed a small cart towards her. There were wonderful sort of gift novelties and items to be handed out to the invalid patients. “It's so nice to see young people like yourself making a difference for a change.” She smiled, complimenting her.
She has no idea that I'm just as desperate to get into a high school or else it's history for me. She thought mournfully, “Well, yeah. You know me, I just love to be around with people.” Mina replied, “And I think it's a good idea to give something back to the community… Thank you for all of your help.” She took the cart from the nurse, turning her back away as she was leaving.
“Oh, I'd almost forgot to warn you,” The nurse added. “Don't stop at room C205 on your way dear. A patient by the name of Mr. Akito Sohma requested some privacy.”
“Oh, okay. Is there something that I should know about him?” Mina asked curiously. It was so strange that a patient like him to be placed in a general floor of the hospital where everything else was freely open to visit the patients anytime and it was much more noisier environment.
The nurse shook her head. “I can't tell you more, it's all confidential but don't let your curiosity get the best of you, dearie. I'd stay away as far as I can from Room C205.” Mina nodded her head in understanding, said her goodbyes and leisurely strolled along the hallway.
 
oooooooooooooooo
 
After making rounds of introduction, visiting each patients' rooms and handing out the gifts, Mina was thoroughly enjoying herself with her volunteer work as time passing by so rather quickly. She finally arrived at the last room C205 where a patient named Akito Sohma supposedly staying in this room. She clearly remembered the nurse's heedful warning.
“Hmm… I'm not supposed to bother this guy, Akito Sohma. It wouldn't hurt if I took a peek inside and see what he looks like.”She said sneakily. Ever so curious, she decided to do so. “Whoa, he's cute!” She saw the boy sleeping peacefully in his bed. By far, he was the best looking guy she'd ever seen in her life (like in a hundred times already). He looked so fragile and vulnerable when he slept but kept her distance from reaching out to him…
She estimated that he was about Darien's age, Serena's long-time boyfriend and future fiancé. He had a black wavy thin hair, short length crop up to his ear. Hs face looked so pale as if he hadn't eaten in days, he was so painfully thin.
This is so awful. I wonder how much suffering he'd been through? Mina thought guiltily to herself. There were times in her own life that she taken everything else for granted. For someone as young as Akito, she can't imagine the tragedies that he must have gone through in his life…
“Well, there's not much I can do for him right now but maybe I could just give him this flower to cheer him up.” She said kindly, holding a small flowerpot in her hands. She quietly entered his room tiptoeing, carefully placing the vase on the windowsill.
“Why are you in my room?” An angry voice stopped her dead in her tracks. “I specifically instructed not to be disturbed.” Mina turned around to find Akito fully awaken from his sleep, his unforgiving intense eyes glued to her.
She stood still, unable to move away from her spot. He kept staring at her as if he could see right through her soul. It was so eerie, giving her the goose bumps all over her body. There was something in his eyes that made her feel uncomfortable. His blue eyes were so cold and distant. They were full of hate and anger.
Then, he opened his mouth and uttered a word. “Get out!” His taunting voice sent chills down her spine.
Without a word, she took the small vase away from the windowsill and placed it back on the cartwheel. “I'm sorry to have bothered you.” She quietly answered in the softest tone of her voice. For some odd reason, her heart suddenly felt as if it would break into pieces.
“Apology accepted, I trust it won't happen again Ms. Aino.” He spoke more calmly this time. She nearly jumped in surprise when she heard her name was called.
“Goodbye,” She said politely, avoiding looking into Akito's eyes again. She pushed the cartwheel, leaving his room in total silence. Though, she still felt being watched by him as she was forced to exit from his room. As she passed by the doorway, she noticed the assigned room number C205. “Don't let your curiosity get the best of you, dearie. I'd stay away as far as I can from Room C205.” It was a warning given to her by a kind, elderly nurse this morning. She got too distracted when she was feeling happy and welcomed to do her first volunteer here at this local hospital. She didn't think this would be too complicated to handle and encountering someone like Akito Sohma.
But now she understood at last, Akito Sohma was cruel and vindictive person that could never be loved by anyone else…
Chapter 2 ends… to be continued…