Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Waiting for yesterday ❯ Uncertainty (Part 4) ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Sailor Moon and Escaflowne belongs to respective companies.

Credits: Enzeru No Yami if you're reading this, thanks for the email!! I will definitely consider your ideas in the future chapters. ^^

**Author's Rant: For those who have been reading this story so far, how am I doing? This is the most frustrating set of characters that I've ever done especially Sailor Pluto. Her personality is very complex and mysterious. I'm afraid that I'm turn her and Folken into a Mary Sue. I still do want to continue this fic**

Warning: Fic in slow progress, a possible OOCs, unoriginal, cheesy plot.

Waiting for Yesterday
By: Myst_Lady
mbmflips@yahoo.com or myst_lady@hotmail.com

Uncertainty (Part 4)

Later that night, Trista spent countless hours lying on her bed. She barely slept with a blink of an eye. She had a faraway look on her face and she was lost in her own thoughts.

A near-fatal accident had almost claimed the life of young Prince Van. His mother, Queen Varie miraculously saved him at the end. A child's life was more precious anything else in the world. Trista felt a tug of sadness deeply in her heart.

Sighing away, she removed the bed covers and swung her long legs off the bed. She cringed back. Her injury hasn't completely healed. She lifted her cotton dress and examined her wound carefully. Her fingers lightly touched the bandage on the lower ribcage. The wound was still painfully sore.

She re-arranged her dress and struggled to stand on her own. Her legs were stiff and wobbly. She leaned against the bedpost for support. She let herself loosen, easing the tension away.

Her eyes flew towards the window. A panoramic view of the earth and moon glowed radiantly at the heavens. The moon was intensely bright. Tears stung in her eyes. Trista had to look elsewhere. It was a constant reminder of the Moon Kingdom.

She restrained herself from getting too emotional.

//I've shed enough tears to last. The death cannot be brought back. If you can hear my thoughts, may you rest in peace.... My queen Serenity...//

Her chest heaved and she gazed thoughtfully at the transformation pen lying on the bed. By some impulse, she grabbed for her pen.

"PLUTO STAR POWER!"

She spun around and golden lights surrounded her body. She was no longer Trista Meioh but as the guardian of time, Sailor Pluto...



The sounds of light footsteps echoed through the dim lit passage. Sailor Pluto was walking quietly through the great hallways of Fanelia Castle. It had been a difficult decision to leave in a short time and relieving the pain of saying goodbye. To the closest people she'd ever cared for, Van and Folken.

It was a discerning feeling that she was being followed. She geared her weapon and she confronted the intruder. To her surprise, it was Queen Varie.

"Good evening, your highness." Sailor Pluto bowed respectfully to the Queen.

"Leaving so soon?" Queen Varie questioned her.

"Yes, I must return to my homeland." Sailor Pluto answered. "I am needed there. I do not wish to impose on your hospitality for too long."

"Nonsense," Queen Varie said. "You're welcome to stay here as long as you want."

"You are too kind." Sailor Pluto said. She gave her a slight, nervous smile. Queen Varie was watching her intently. Her eyes remained unguarded.

"I am well aware of who you are," Queen Varie said at last. "Sailor Pluto."

Sailor Pluto was startled at the revelation. "But how?" She inquired.

"You were in my vision," Queen Varie explained. "Your kingdom was under siege by dark forces. You fought until the very end but all of your comrades perished in the battle. It was by fate that you came here in Gaia."

Sailor Pluto averted her eyes. "No, that was not the case. It was a stroke of luck that I've managed to stay alive. The others met such a terrible tragedy." She confessed sadly.

"My condolences to your people who had lost their lives in a ravaged war." Queen Varie said sincerely, trying to console her. "War is the ultimate destruction of hatred and evil. You are not to be blame for this outcome. Your queen did not die in vain. Her love and compassion saved all of you. Have faith and trust in her."

"Queen Serenity was a good, kind woman." Sailor Pluto said, reminiscing. "I will never forget her." She vowed.

"And I do think that she would have been proud of you as her brave and loyal soldier." Queen Varie said. "Quite an admirable character."

"I would think so too..." Sailor Pluto said. She couldn't agree more. A bright, hesitant smile lifted from her face.


////////////////////////


Safely hidden in the midst of an evergreen forest, Folken was alone by himself in his favorite spot. A treehouse that he had built for his brother, Van. A place for a relaxation and sanctuary.

It was late at night. He sat there, contemplating on his thoughts. He was agitated. His eyes looked lost and haunted.

It was a frightening moment for him that Van almost foolishly ended his life in a stupid, childish game. He felt the urge to punish the boy. Although, he couldn't bring himself to. He loved his brother dearly. His life would be empty without him.

Then, there was the unsettled matter between Princess Eries and his parents. What to make of Princess Eries? He had no desire or interest to marry her. He wasn't in love. She was insipid, conceited girl. His parents would only benefit of this arranged marriage. Doesn't he have a right to his own happiness? A whole worth of sacrifices over this whole damned obligations and responsibilities? Life would be much simpler even if he was a poor, penniless street beggar.

If he had a choice to change his whole fate, he would gladly give anything...

He shook his head. "Wishful thinking," He slightly chuckled. He could feel his spirits rising again. His eyes caught the sight of Trista leaning against the balcony. She was awake as well.

He studied her carefully. She was calm and poised. A mask of hidden emotions. Far away, she seemed lonely and distant. He wished he could erase those doubts away and to see her smiling again. He was very fortunate that he found a friend. He didn't know her very well but he could sense that she was a good trustworthy person.

"Trista!" He greeted her. She froze instantly, cautiously on guard. Her face softened when she saw Folken and waved back to him.

He jumped off the treehouse and walked back to the castle. A path stretch out before him to a long uncertain future.

To be continued...

**Author's rant again: That was a disgusting chapter. I didn't like this a lot. I'm on a verge of writer's block here. I do have few vague ideas for the upcoming chapters. So, please forgive me for the loss of creativity process and my stupidity. I've been reading a few good Folken romances out there. My personal favorite is Ashes and Remembrances by Empress Mish. She has a new pen name now. She's an amazing writer. Go check out her stuff. It's under my favorite stories.

Sadly, to say. There are a few fics on Sailor Pluto. I found a good stories on her/Treize or Millardo (Gundam Wing) pairing. They're my favorite male characters too. Folken is the best one.**