Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Waiting for yesterday ❯ Once upon a stranger (Part 3) ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sailor Moon and Escaflowne belongs to respective companies.

Waiting for Yesterday

By: Myst_Lady

mbmflips@yahoo.com or myst_lady@hotmail.com

Once upon a stranger (Part 3)

Trista stood up without a warning. She craned her neck forward and her eyes fixed on the doorway as if she was waiting for someone.

"Is there something the matter?" Folken asked her anxiously.

She turned to him with a reassuring smile. "No, your highness." She replied. "I thought it might be wise to keep an eye on the children especially Merle."

"Oh, Merle. She's bound for trouble as always." He chuckled.

"I'm sure she doesn't sound quite as bad." She teased him lightly. "I'm beginning to like her myself." A light breeze blew inside the room. Trista's eyes were closed, enjoying the feel of the cool air stirring against her skin. "Quite a lovely day isn't it?" She said. Sunlight penetrated through the windows. The birds were chirping happily outside.

An idea formulated in Folken's mind. "Would you care to join me for a walk?" He asked her. "I'd imagined that you've been detained in this room for many days."

"I would indeed." She said, accepting his invitation. She placed her hand firmly as he extended his arm to her. "I am grateful for your thoughtfulness, Prince Folken." She thanked him.

"I would prefer if you call me by my given name," He said. "We are friends after all, are we not?"

"Yes, we are. Folken…" She said. There was a tiny pause. "I do not mind if you wish to call me, Trista as well."

"Very well. Shall we proceed?" He inquired. She nodded briefly and he stirred her towards the doorway.

* ~ * ~ *

Trista was amazed at the sights that she had seen. It was a whole new world before her. Fanelia had interesting mix of local inhabitants. Strange creatures living among humans in a peaceful and ordinary life.

"You're seemed distracted…" Folken said.

"I'm just overwhelmed." She explained, finding the right words to say. She could hardly insult the prince from her thoughtless remark.

He took her to a nearby marketplace filled with vigorous activities. Street vendors aligned on the sidewalk, selling top quality merchandises. Eager customers lining up at each booth, haggling with the merchants. There were live performances by jugglers, magicians, musicians and actors. Children squealing with joy and laughter as they played.

"Ah, Prince Folken." An old gypsy woman greeted them. She bowed before the prince. "How may I be in your service, your highness?"

"Nothing in particular, Mrs. Delinsky." He said politely. "I am merely showing a friend around Fanelia."

"Oh," The old woman studied the young woman with interest. "May I interest you in some form of entertainment? Free of charge of course," She gestured them to seat on a round table. A crystal ball was set on the table.

"Thank you but I am not interested," Trista said, looking uncomfortable. She shot Folken a pleading look.

"Perhaps another time, Mrs. Delinsky." Folken excused. "We best be going…"

"A disbeliever huh?" Mrs. Delinsky guessed.

"I believe everyone makes their own destiny." Trista simply answered. "It is based on your actions and decisions that will determined your future."

"Nearly not everyone has the choice to accept their fate." A voice rose to challenge hers. " Destiny is not there to please those who must obey it. Destiny is there for us all to accept it, regardless of whether it is to our liking or not"

"Mother?" Folken was surprised. His facial expression changed. "Princess Eries," He spoke in a clipped tone.

"She must be the queen." Trista thought. She felt Folken stiffened beside her. She squeezed his hand gently and he gave her a timid smile.

"Prince Folken, what a pleasant surprise to see you here!" Princess Eries greeted as she approached the couple. "I had the most wonderful time! Queen Varie has been a delightful hostess!" She gushed.

"Why thank you," Queen Varie was flattered by her praises. "Folken, who is this young lady with you?" She asked, eyeing Trista suspiciously.

"This is the brave young woman, who saved my life," Folken informed his mother. "May I present Miss Trista Meioh."

"Queen Varie, Princess Eries" Trista curtsied gracefully. She staggered back due to her injuries as soon as she lifted herself up. Folken clasped her arm to help her balance.

"Your courage is quite commendable, Miss Meioh." Queen Varie said. "I shall to see to it that your deeds will be rewarded."

"That won't be necessary, your highness." Trista said modestly. "I'm just relieve to see Prince Folken and Prince Van for their safe return." Folken turned to her with his eyes gleaming with admiration.

"Oh dear, I must get back to your father and King Astor soon. I completely forgotten. My, time fly so fast" Queen Varie said hurriedly. "Well, I must be off. Folken, I am leaving you with these two lovely young ladies. Ladies, enjoy yourselves!"

"I shall!" Princess Eries said gaily.

"Damned and Blast!" Folken cursed inwardly.

"Oh, Miss Trista Meioh…" Queen Varie paused. "It's been a pleasure meeting with you… I do hope we have a chance to talk again…"

"Of course," Trista was amazed.

"Your highness! Your highness!" A man called out to them. He was waving his hand up in the air. He ran passed the crowd and immediately stopped in front of them. "Prince Van…" He panted tiredly.

"What is it?" Queen Varie asked anxiously.

"You must come quickly…Prince Van is in danger…He's playing on the castle rooftop!" He said urgently.

"Oh no, Van!" Queen Varie exclaimed. She fled in an instant. The others followed behind.

They came to a sudden halt at the front castle. There were crowds gathered around the main entrance. Their expressions mixed of awe and alarmed to see a young boy up on the rooftops. It was none other than Prince Van himself.

"What could he possibly be doing?" Princess Eries questioned. "Surely, it's not safe for him to be there!" She said disapprovingly. Trista gave her a disgusted look.

"Prince Van… Please be careful…" Trista silently prayed. "I wish there was something I can do…" She looked down at her empty hands. She shook her sadly, wishing she had her transformation pen with her.

The crowds watched in horror to see Prince Van leaping into the open air and soared. An angel wings sprouted from his back. He was circling around in the air. Suddenly, something had gone quite wrong… He was falling…

"He's alright!" Trista heaved a sigh of relief. Prince Van was safe in the arms of his mother. Queen Varie flew to rescue her son from a fatal accident. The whole crowd went wild, cheering and applauding for the queen's heroism.

"Prince Van. Are you alright?" Trista said worriedly.

"I'm fine…" Van whispered, shaken from his narrowing experience. His mouth lifted in a smile despite the whole ordeal. "Here," He handed over Trista's transformation pen.

"Thank you," Trista said gratefully. She bent down to give Van a kiss on the forehead.

"Van, come with me. We have much to discuss." Queen Varie ordered. "Folken, I want you to find your father and report to him immediately."

"Yes, I will." Folken said firmly. "I must leave at once," He said regretfully, turning his attention to Trista.

"Yes," Trista nodded in understanding.

"I shall return…" He brought her hand to his lips and he was gone…

To be continued…

PS:

You have might noticed that I included a tiny section from the actual episode of "Escaflowne" when Van tries his first flying lesson. I'm trying to follow the storyline from the past… Thanks for again for reviewing.