Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Waiting for yesterday ❯ Beautiful Strangers (Part 2) ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sailor Moon and Escaflowne belongs to respective companies.

Waiting for Yesterday

By: Myst_Lady

mbmflips@yahoo.com or myst_lady@hotmail.com

Beautiful Strangers (Part 2)

A few days passed…

"Folken, please be on your best behavior. I want you to make a good impression on Princess Eries once she arrived here shortly." King Goau informed his son. His wife, Queen Varie and his eldest son, Prince Folken, accompanied him. The youngest Prince Van was taking an afternoon nap at his private chamber. They were at the castle entrance, patiently waiting for their guests to arrive any moment.

"Yes, Father." Folken said flatly.

King Goau shot him a pleading look. "Son, please understand. I only want your happiness."

"Yes, for your selfish reasons." Folken replied bitterly.

"Folken, I did not raise you to talk rudely to your father!" Queen Varie scolded him.

"We will talk again later," King Goau said solemnly. Folken said nothing.

A loud horn alerted them. "His Majesty, King Astor and her highnesses, Princess Eries and Princess Millerna." The herald announced. The incoming carriage came to a halt at the main entrance. A footman approached the carriage and kindly opened the carriage door. A short, plump man dressed in impeccable clothing descended with great dignity. There were two shy young girls trailing behind him.

"Ah… King Astor. It's a pleasure to see you again!" King Goau greeted. He held out his hand.

"The pleasure is all mine," King Astor said, shaking his hand firmly. "No, no. Don't need to hear all those fancy speeches. After all, we're friends and neighbors."

"I'm sure you are all very tired from a long journey. Please don't hesitate to ask for anything." Queen Varie said kindly. She signaled the servants to take the luggage away.

"Folken, why don't you show Princess Eries around the castle?" King Goau suggested.

Forcing himself to smile, Folken stiffened a bow to Princess Eries and gallantly offered his arm to her. "May I have the pleasure of escorting you around Princess Eries?" He asked in an icy politeness.

"I would be delighted…" Princess Eries answered shyly, placing her hand gently on Folken's arm. King Goau nodded approvingly at his son as the couple moved away. A servant came forward with distressing news.

"Begging your pardon, your lordship…" The servant stammered. "Err… the young lady that the nurse maid was looking after has finally awaken from her recuperation. She refuses to take any more rests and she insisted leaving the castle. She is not fit to travel!"

"Where is she now?" Folken asked sharply.

"She is still in her quarters." The servant said.

"There is an urgent matter I must attend to." Folken said regretfully, ignoring his parents' silent protests. "Perhaps, my parents will be gladly to give you a tour instead?"

"Of course, by all means." Princess Eries said, hiding her disappointment.

"King Astor, Princess Eries and Princess Millerna." Folken bowed to his notable guests before excusing himself. He marched out of the room as quickly as possible. The intense pressure on him was too much to bear. He felt the need to escape. Like a child lost in a maze, he was afraid of facing the daunting task ahead. It was unthinkable to defy his own parents. "Fate is without a doubt, inevitable." He thought, shaking his head sadly. Putting his problems aside for now, he focused his thoughts on the brave young woman who saved his life.

* * *

Trista Meioh could feel the blood draining away from her face. She spent a few minutes staring through the window and convincing herself this was not her figment of her imagination. The sky was so clear. It was easy to spot the visible planet Earth and the moon together high above the heavens.

"There has to be a good reasonable explanation for this. This is not some kind of an accident." She rationalized. "Why am I here? Queen Serenity would never to do this intentionally." She touched her forehead lightly. She felt a pounding headache coming. "I have to go." She took a few slow steps, carefully not to injure her wounded ribcage. She sat on the edge of her bed and there was a set of clothing laid for her. Her uniform was gone. She had her garnet orb staff and transformation pen lying on the mattress.

"Please don't go. My brother will be upset if you leave." A young boy spoke to her.

Trista looked up and noticed Van standing at the doorway. He wasn't alone. He brought another companion with him. A cat resembling in a human form.

"What's the matter, cat got your tongue?" Merle asked her, rather rudely.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stare." Trista apologized. "Please come in if you like." She smiled at them.

"About time," Merle muttered, hopping onto Trista's bed.

"Merle likes to play a lot especially jumping to people's bed." Van explained. "Merle, be nice!! She saved my life and Folken's too!!" He lectured his friend.

"Whatever." Merle said, snubbing Trista completely.

"What's your name?" Trista asked the little boy sitting beside her.

"My name is Van. My big brother is Folken. We're-" Van was cut off.

"The princes of Fanelia." Merle interrupted. "Don't you dare lay a hand on Prince Van!! Ya hear that!!?!" She gave Trista a scrutinizing look.

"Merle!!!" Van glared at his friend.

"It's alright." Trista said gently, chuckling at Merle's antics. "I understand why your friend is protecting you."

"Why did the bad man attacked us?" Van asked her. "My father is a good king. He would never hurt a fly." He was scared. His voice quivered when he spoke to her.

"He has a gentle soul." Trista thought. His innocence and vulnerability touched her. "I don't know why bad things happen to good people, Prince Van." She said sadly. The tragic battle on the Moon Kingdom was a painful reminder.

Folken was at the doorway, listening to their conversation. "Van, there you are. Why aren't you in bed?" He asked when he came inside the room. "You should be sleeping." He reminded him.

"I hate taking a nap!" Van protested. "I'm old enough to do what I want!" He said stubbornly.

"Says who?" Folken's eyes glinted with amusement.

"Me!" Van declared. He lunged towards Folken and he tackled him down playfully. Folken was laughing along. Trista's face lit up in a smile.

Folken caught a glimpse of Trista smiling down at them. He felt silly and embarrassed. He pushed Van aside and got up from the floor. He coughed discreetly.

"You must be Prince Folken." Trista said pleasantly, rising from her bed. "I am Trista Meioh at your service." She curtsied. She winced in pain afterwards.

"It's alright." Folken said gently. "You should be more careful or your wounds will not heal properly." He had taken a good close up at the young woman. She was exceedingly beautiful woman he'd ever seen with her long dark green hair flowing down to her legs and mesmerizing eyes.

"I can't thank you enough for your kind hospitality, your highness but I feel I am strong enough to start my journey." Trista said anxiously.

"Must you leave so soon?" Folken asked, "You are still injured. I prefer if you can stay a bit longer. As soon as you regain your strength back, I will arrange the necessary transportation for you if you wish."

"Where do I start? How can I possibly tell him I came from another planet? I don't want to be accused as a liar. I can't even find my way home." Trista was deep in her thoughts. " Getting home would be an impossible task, your highness." Trista explained. "You see-"

"Hey, what's this?" Merle questioned. "Wow, what a neat toy!" She held Trista's transformation pen up in the air.

"Please don't touch that!" Trista exclaimed, her hand reaching out to Merle.

"Too bad, it's all mine now!" Merle declared. She stuck her tongue out childishly and jumped off the bed. She sped out of the room in a flash.

"Merle! Come back!" Van was angry now. He chased Merle behind.

Folken sighed in frustration. "I'm sorry for all of this commotion. I will personally see to it that your belongings will be given back to you."

"Merle is quite a handful isn't she?" Trista made a comment.

"Yes, she is" Folken agreed, shaking his head in disbelief. Silence fell between them.

"I want to thank you for saving my life and my brother as well. I am forever in your debt," Folken said awkwardly. An inexplicable shyness came over him.

"I only ask is your friendship, Prince Folken. Nothing else in return." Trista said sincerely, extending her hand to him.

"So it shall be," Folken vowed, shaking her hand firmly in exchange of that promise.

To be continued.

Thanks for your reviewing! I hope you like this chapter as much I do!!