Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Waiting for yesterday ❯ Beatiful Strangers ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sailor Moon and Escaflowne belongs to respective companies.

Waiting for Yesterday

By: Myst_Lady

mbmflips@yahoo.com or myst_lady@hotmail.com

Beautiful Strangers (Part 1)

-In the past-

Fifteen years old, Prince Folken sat quietly inside his father's private library. He dreaded this meeting for another parental talk. He fidgeted his fingers while King Goau was pacing back and forth restlessly. The private library was immensely huge filled with bookshelves. The impressive tapestries hung in the wall. The fireplace was in the center of the room. The windows overlooked the palace gardens.

"Folken, do you know why you were sent here?" His father spoke at last.

"I...I think so..." Folken nervously answered.

"There is no need to be nervous, son." King Goau smiled.

"Alright, I will try not to be..." Folken nodded.

"What do you think of Princess Eries?" King Goau asked all of a sudden.

"Princess Eries of Asturia!?!?" Folken was caught off guard.

"Yes, Princess Eries." King Goau said.

"What about her?" Folken asked.

"I need only your opinion," King Goau said.

"Uh... She's seemed uh, a nice person." Folken said vaguely.

"Good," King Goua said happily, "I intend to invite her and the rest of her family so you can get to know her better."

"What is this all about?" Folken asked suspiciously.

"Son," King Goau spoke in a serious tone. "You know that I am not getting younger. It's time for you to prepare your role as a future king eventually. A better way to start is to be acquainted with your allies. You will have to settle down someday..."

"You have this marriage arranged already?" Folken looked shocked.

"It is to our advantage." King Goau insisted. "Think of the possibilities..."

"Oh I see. From what I understand, you just have altered my future without my consent?!?" Folken was angry. "I'm supposed to pretend that I'd be happy!!"

"Son, please...." His father pleaded.

"No. I had enough..." Folken stood up and stormed out of the library without looking back.

* * *

Sailor Pluto squinted at the sun's bright rays. She rose from the ground and dusted the dirt off from her uniform. She scanned the area around her. She was in a huge, lush forest. She was lost and nowhere else to go.

"Where am I? How did I get here?" She wondered. "This is not possible. I should have been dead along with the others..." She shook her head. "Queen Serenity. How I failed you my queen. Please forgive me." She said sadly. She can't shake off that eventful battle in her mind.

Her ears perked up hearing a child's laughter nearby. She decided to investigate further.

* * *

A man was secretly hiding behind the bushes to spy Van playing outside the garden. He was bald and a scar on his left cheek. He had an eye patch on his right eye. He almost looked like a pirate. He held a pocketknife firmly.

"You're going to pay for the years of humiliation, King Goau. Sending me to that hellhole!" He snarled. He was an escapee. He planned to ambush and kidnapped Van for ransom.

He saw Folken came out of the garden. He leaned closer, waiting for the right moment to attack...

"Come on brother, let's play!!" Van said eagerly, tugging Folken's arm.

"Shouldn't be your nap time?" Folken asked, trying to look amused. He sounded upset.

"Aww... you're no fun!" Van pouted. He noticed there was a distress look on Folken's face. "Why are you sad brother?"

"I don't want to talk about it. Let's just say, I had a really bad day." Folken answered.

"I can make it go away." Van said.

"Pray tell me, how?" Folken asked.

"This." Van said. "Tag! You're it!" He touched Folken's arm. He started running away.

Laughing, Folken chased after his little brother. Then, a madman came rushing out of the bushes, impaled a knife up in the air.

* * *

"Someone's in danger!" Sailor Pluto said. She heard a child's screaming for help. She geared herself up and headed towards the bushes.

She ran into a clear, open space. She was inside Fanelia's famous gardens. She saw Folken lying on the ground. Blood gushed out from his shirt. "Please...." He panted. "Save my little brother..."

Far ahead, the man dragged Van behind him. Van squirmed and screamed in protest.

"Pluto Deadly Scream!!" She twirled around with her garnet orb staff and released a massive energy beam.

"Ahhh!!" The man was struck from behind. Van was free. He got away safely.

"You witch!" The man cursed. He threw the spare knife across Sailor Pluto and hit her near her ribcage. She dropped like a stone.

* * *

"Hold still, Prince Folken." The nursemaid insisted. "This will not hurt at all."

"Ahh..." Folken squirmed. He felt like a hot water poured over him. The nursemaid applied a strange looking ointment on his chest and bandaged over the wound.

"Is Van alright?" Folken asked worriedly.

"Yes, he is safe and sound." She answered "The queen is looking after him."

"What about the other lady?" Folken questioned.

"Oh, she is in the next room. She's recovering. She lost quite a lot of blood." She said.

"I must go see her." Folken persisted. He got up from the bed and left the room.

"You must rest, my lord." She called after him.

He went into the next room. He saw Trista asleep on her bed. He peered closely. He lightly touched her long dark green hair. "Who is she?" He asked himself.

To be continued. Please stay tuned for Beautiful Strangers (Part 2) Please send your comments/suggestion in the review/e-mail. I'm just disappointed with the first part. It wasn't very original.

I would love to set this fanfic during the Sailor Moon R Season (The Black Moon Family Saga). It would have been interesting to see a sparring match between Dornkirk and Wiseman. The problem is, Sailor Pluto can't leave her post. The plot would have been too complicated for me to write. I do have another couple in mind: Wicked Lady and Allen Schezar or even Prince Chid and Princess Rini (I don't care about Helios.) Poor Allen, I feel sorry for the guy experimented in love triangles in other fics I've read so far. Let me know if you guys are planning to write an esca/sm fics. Is anyone interested to take up a fanfic challenge for the above couples that I've mentioned?