Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ (The 1st Generation) Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon R ❯ Episode One: United Once Again We Stand! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: (1st Generation) Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon R

Status: (partially) Alpha

Author: Matthias aka MysticMew

Email: Minaru@gmx.de

Beta-reader: Ayrki

Rating: PG-13, with some more mature situations (bordering on R)

Established Pairings: Usagi/Mamoru, Minako/Hotaru

Timeline: After Season 1, complete "re"-write of the Anime without Chibiusa traveling back in time.

Stories in Series until now: The 1st Generation, Sailor V Vol.4, 5, 6 and the Special Issue.

Summary: What would happen, if Chibiusa never made her trip back in time? What DID happen before she changed the timeline? There must be a past where she never went back, right? New choices are made, new enemies appear. Were things for the better or the worse? Go read and find out!

Distribution: Starsinlove-group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/starsinlove/), MAC (www.catstrio.de) www.fanfiction.net, ASMR (www.moonromance.com). Anyone else, you can have it but please ask first, 'kay?

Chapter Summary: After defeating Beryl/Metallia, the Senshi (except for one or should I say two?) continue their lives for almost two years (including the reset one) without trouble. Ail and Ann never show up but right under their noses a new menace is steadily growing.

Disclaimer: Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon/Sailor V belongs to Naoko Takeuchi, Toei and Kodansha

Story Disclaimer: Copyright©2002 by Matthias Engel

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

Senshi Diary Codename: Crescent, access only by registered and acknowledged members of the Royal Court.

Scan activated

Scan positive

Recognition: Senshi Moon, Moon Princess Serenity, Neo Queen Serenity

Login: Senshi Journals

Receivers: Sailor Senshi of 20th Century

Hi!

I hope you are all well but I guess you are, since we are still alive… Alright, that was pointless. What you have in front of you are recordings of what happened in the first timeline, before that little brat of a daughter decided to play Timecop. Why we are still remembering it? I have no idea, I'm not Pluto after all. But the memories are dual. We have yours up to some point and we have our old, maybe the two timelines are drifting apart and there will be two different futures with only slight differences or they'll just blend or… But, as I said, I'm not Pluto and she claims not to know anything either.

This is sort of a present from us for you, for your efforts to train Usa-chan. My daughter has evolved into a fine princess and a splen… splend… splendid warrior. Yeah, that's what I wanted to say. Don't look at me like this, Mars! Anyway, Usa is coming to visit you soon for a final time and will bring you these journals. As much as this is a gift for you, it is also important for us. We thought it would be a shame that all the memories of the old days would at one point or another just disappear and so we sat down to recollect and retell what happened in the original Past that we remember.

The files are a collection of documents, diary entries from this time and memory crystal recording. I'm sure Ami can figure most of that out. Don't be confused, a lot is different than you remember it being. After Beryl and Metallia were defeated our Senshi personalities slept on for two whole years, including the repeated one. There were no Ail and Ann to combat, so we had a peaceful life for a long time.

That's enough for an introduction. I hope you enjoy reading our tales as much as we enjoy rewriting them. Believe us the pleasure is with us.

Ja ne, yours

Usagi, the Queen J

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

The night air was cool and the full moon hung in the sky, illuminating the area in an, eerie display of dimness and shadows. An old owl was making noises and other nocturnal active animals chimed in. The building in front of me was dark and all the lights were out, its inhabitants already gone after the day's work was done. Nobody suspected what lay beneath the insignificant "Crown Game Center", nobody except a pair of cats and I.

Who am I? Well, I'm the famous Sailor V, the last remaining Sailor Senshi awake in this world due to circumstances as much traumatic as revealing that I would rather not like to talk or think about them. I had returned here at a very worried call from my guardian, which I suspected would come sooner or later. Although the latter would have been better, after two months of observing and investigating the activities of the dormant darkness brewing, it became clear that the inevitable would occur soon. The stars were in perfect alignment, and while I certainly was not Nephrite, I could tell that all signs pointed out the obvious, the obvious for someone involved that is. Astronomers had predicted cloudy nights for the last few days and yet during the Full Moon period, there was not even one cloud in the sky.

Silently I slipped through the door - that certainly was not left open by the workers at the game center - and continued towards a particular game that was very popular these days - a game starring myself. Pushing a hidden button, the machine suddenly gave way to stairs with a loud sound that would have attracted a lot of noise, if the area here wasn't usually less populated at night. A few moments later, I reached a large room, packed full with computers, screens and strange Hi-Tech equipment. Seated on one of the chairs in front of a screen were two small cats, a black one and a white one, both bore a golden crescent moon mark on the forehead.

"You are late," announced the black one with a stern expression upon seeing me enter the hidden communication center. I smiled apologetically. "Gomen, Luna. I had to drop off Hotaru at home first." The cat's eyes narrowed for a moment, then she nodded reluctantly after an exasperated look from the white cat. Artemis, my partner, knew the whole story behind my reawakening and understood, much better than his female counterpart, the strange relationship that bound me to the raven-haired girl. After two months, Luna still hadn't gotten used to it, yet I could not really say I blamed her. Everyone not present at the events would have suspicions, especially with our lasting silence.

Dismissing the issue, Luna turned around towards a screen showing an area of the town. "The mystical energy we detected is gathering around this area. It is beyond doubt time. Tomorrow will be the time of the reawakening." I nodded sadly. It was bound to happen sooner or later, I knew that as well as the two cats. That didn't mean, though, that I had to like it. Bad enough that I was involved in this fight yet again. But I could deal with that. I had earlier, during my first period as Sailor V and the events a few months ago showed that I was more than capable of taking care of things myself. That was when I identified the exact area the monitor outlined, and I frowned visibly. "That IS the track course, you know?" Artemis sighed and shook his head, "It's not that there is much that isn't in some way covered tomorrow, you know."

"Exactly. That is why we cannot afford for you to participate. Fake an injury or something. The possibility of a wide-spread attack is too high to have you exhausted." Facing the concept of having my two months of training nullified, my mind worked incredibly fast. What Luna said was true. If all the signs were right, then the chances were by ninety-nine percent that something like that would happen, however, all the training would have been wasted and more time spent with Hotaru instead. I would not let the enemy interrupt my day of success.

"This is not necessary. Raven can recharge me in the blink of an eye, if necessary. And I know her too well to talk her out of joining me at the festival anyway." Not after the time I sacrificed for this year's Taiiku no hi. Last year's had been the thirtieths celebration of the Olympics being held in 1964 and I had missed it… twice. First for being a Senshi and the second time because of the same suggestion Luna just made. Only that the injury wasn't faked.

There was a short contest of wills, as my resolve battled with the black cat's - Artemis wisely chose to remain silent -, finally the feline sighed in defeat and turned around to face the computer station again. "As you wish. I just hope nothing happens during your race." That really would be unpleasant… For whoever dared to disturb my chance of impressing some more meaningful people.

Before either of us could make any more comments, a beeping noise attracted all of our attention. I pressed a button at one of the communication consoles that was linked with the more interstellar sensors. There was only one out in space who could be contacting us right now. Static sound blurted out of the speakers for a moment and much the same held true for the screen. Then the gray, white, and black cleared, giving way for the slightly distorted picture of a definitely attractive… kin.

Light red hair, framed a gentle, yet battle-hardened face with deep black eyes of confidence and experience. Two streaks of metallic color gave the hair an exotic look - one silver, another gold -, despite the totally different meaning. Behind her, the experienced eye could see the buzzing of mint green/marine blue butterfly wings on the background of the black void of space.

"You won't believe what I stumbled upon, sis," the Efadio began without waiting for any indication that the transmission was stable. "What is it, Pria?" I urged, knowing that in the face of seriousness Priapos was hardly that excited. My old, elven friend put something between a smile and frown on her face and said without bravado: "I found Adonis lair… or better what used to be his." This alone wasn't THAT much of a surprise - though it was one, since we had more or less given up hope already. However, what my kin sister, as well as combat mentor, added was enough to cause a variety of reactions within the three of us. "On the Moon. In the middle of the ruins…"

"BLASPHEMY!" erupted Luna and I could definitely agree with her. Artemis gave a deep snarl and then turned back to Priapos' image. "Any sign of activity?" The elf nodded. "To be honest, a lot over the last hours. I couldn't get really near without being detected. But from what I see, preparations are made for something major."

I nodded at that. "We thought as much. Tomorrow will be The Day, and it just bears general principal that a reawakening won't go without a generous trigger event. Can you make it back in time?" The elf looked thoughtful for a moment before answering. "Most likely. I cannot guarantee anything though."

"Better than nothing. Be fast, I have the feeling we might need you. Venus, out." With that the screen went black and I turned around to face the pair of cats, a few more worries just added to the already existing ones. "So it begins anew, huh?" Neither Luna nor Artemis needed to answer the question.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(First gong)

Scenes fades up on the surface of a hilly land, covered with vivid green grass and a field of flowers. We see Usagi standing in the center in her princess gown but without the Crescent Moon sigil, Mamoru is standing off to the side in a black suit, watching her with a quiet smile.

(Second gong)

The camera swings around, capturing Minako and Hotaru sitting and leaning against each other in the flower field. Minako has an arm around Hotaru's shoulders and Hotaru's head is on her right shoulder, their fingers interlocked and eyes half-closed.

(Third gong)

The camera swings yet again towards Ami, Rei and Makoto a short distance away from the couples, enjoying the weather. Ami against a tree, reading, Rei dozing off in the sun and Makoto, chasing Artemis for some reason, while Luna sits nearby shaking her head.

(First notes up to lyrics)

The scene fades black shortly and then shows Usagi/Serenity rising into the sky, transforming into Sailormoon in the process, Tuxedo Kamen right beside her. The familiar shape of the Moon comes into view and the surface draws closer as the pair descend, showing the ruins of the fallen Moon Kingdom. Mercury, Mars and Jupiter join them shortly, as does Venus without Hotaru, Luna and Artemis to their respective partner's feet. The season logo is slowly drawn over the assembled senshi.

(Gomen ne sunao janakute)

(Yume no naka nara ieru)

(Shikou kairo wa shooto sunzen)

(Ima sugu aitai yo)

We see Ami with a book in her hand walking down a street, before she looks and turns around to face the screen. The sign of Mercury flashes on her forehead and her form is momentarily overlaid by a translucent image of Sailormercury.

Rei can be seen with her back to the screen, working on something at the Jinja. Phobos and Deimos fly into the scene and perch upon Rei's shoulders. The miko turns around and the sign of Mars flashes on her forehead and her form is momentarily overlaid by a translucent image of Sailormars.

Makoto can be seen working out, her motions flowing flawlessly into each other. She suddenly halts in mid-motion and turns her head to face the camera. The sign of Jupiter flashes on her forehead and her form is momentarily overlaid by a translucent image of Sailorjupiter.

(Nakitaku naru you na moonlight)

Denwa mo dekinai midnight)

(Datte junjou doushiyou)

(Haato wa mangekyou)

Minako can be seen with jogging clothes, running down a street, sweat pouring from her forehead. She comes closer and the scene is suddenly frozen with a close-up on Minako, the sign of Venus on her forehead and the translucent layer of her senshi identity. The screen splits, leaving Minako frozen in place and showing now Hotaru in her room, lit by various candles and lamps, kneeling in a circle of the former. Her hair is hanging down and half-covers the concentration on her face. Suddenly darkness engulfs the room as well as Minako in the other scene. Hotaru desperately reaches out towards the other. For a moment her eyes turn blank and emotionless, the sign of Saturn flashes briefly on her forehead and her form is overlaid by the translucent image of Sailorsaturn, before everything turns black.

(Tsuki no hikari ni michibikare)

(Nando mo meguriau)

A group of four shadows becomes more detailed on the background of darkness. A brown-blond haired man, a redheaded pig-tailed one, a dark haired, very tall and heavy man and a light blue-haired one that looked remarkably female. A "shadow" can be seen looming over the four like a cloak covering a head.

Two points of light suddenly disrupt the darkness. On the left (,) the Silver Crystal can be seen and on the right, another teardrop-shaped crystal. A thin line of violet slashes through the middle of the screen and shows Serenity and Endymion on the left side, Saturn and Venus on the right. Serenity holds the Silver Crystal high into the air, while Endymion supports her with one arm, the other on the sword hilt. Venus has the tear-shaped crystal in both hands and Saturn swings the Silence Glaive a few times for emphasis.

A brief flash shows Sailorpluto at the Time Gate looking worriedly upon the scene.

(Seiza no matataki kazoe uranau koi no yukue)

(Onaji kuni ni umareta no)

(Mirakuru romansu)

Scene shifts to the Moon once again. Among the ruins, a large, black structure can be seen, vaguely resembling a military base. The scene shows the Senshi again, running side by side on the surface of the Moon, being assaulted by various Youma and other things… The Princess's guard jumps into the air, Mercury sending a stream of water and Jupiter a barrage of lightning combined into the enemy rows, Mars ignites a few more and Venus slashes through several opponents with a four-bladed, cross-like weapon out of pure crystalline light.

The scene shifts to an image of the Moon again, hanging loosely in black space. A blue, red and green star appears to the left, an orange and violet one to the right. In the middle, a bright silver and golden star joins the others. The stars are transformed into the Inner Senshi, Moon, Tuxedo Kamen and Hotaru, standing beside Venus on the right, a translucent image of Saturn hovering over her. The image of the intact Moon Palace is added to the background. Pluto appears above the group with the Time Staff raised; the Garnet Orb flashes a bright crimson and the scene freezes.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(1st Generation) Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon R - by Matthias

Episode One: United Once Again We Stand!

Based on the works of Naoko Takeuchi

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Usagi)

Light pink blouse…? No, too childish. The blue shirt…? No, much too revealing. The sundress…? Not really appropriate for the event. Ok, that one might do. After all, I wanted to at least make some impression; otherwise, the whole thing would just really be wasted time. The house was rather silent. Otousan was already gone, snapping photos of the various events of Japan's famous Day of Sport for his work. And that was one thing I was really glad about. The teasing last evening over the implications of what I'd do today was… embarrassing to say the least. At least Okaasan had sided with me and Shingo was not suicidal enough to object. Funny actually, we were getting along much better lately.

I still couldn't believe Naru and Motoki had double-talked us into this, insisting that we would make such a "cuuuute" couple. Bah, as if this self-centered, egoistical, trash-talking, annoying, bashing me always, handsome, cool, intelligent, high classed… Ok, ok, maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all. And I had to admit that I did feel somewhat drawn to the baka… sometimes. Only sometimes.

Still, the thought of going out with Chiba Mamoru was a bit rivaling against my better judgment and made me feel a mixture of nervousness and… giddiness? Now, that was totally normal, I told myself. After all, it was a date! A real date! And Mamoru was far from every girl's nightmare of a boyfriend… quite the opposite actually.

Again, I looked myself over in the mirror with the combination of the white tank-top and the dark blue shorts. Fine; it was simple, but suited the occasion somewhat and it still looked nice enough to impress a boy, leaving just enough to the imagination as necessary. Yes, I thought, that ought to do it.

I twirled around, thereby noticing Luna on the windowsill. That got my attention, since the cat was usually out by now. More so in the last two months than usual. But today she seemed to be tailing me from the moment I woke up - at a rather early hour for me, considering it was a holiday. Could she be worried about the date and me? Of course, that was a silly thought. Yet, Luna seemed to be awfully smart for a feline and I often realized that I treated her more like a friend or a houseguest than an animal. I posed dramatically with one hand on my hip and the other brushing the loose hair back. "So, what do you think?" I did expect a lot of things actually, but the disapproving glance and the almost exasperated "meow" caught me completely off-guard. Before I could react though, Luna had crossed the distance between us in a flash and had hoped up to my level holding something in her mouth.

I blinked rapidly at the object, then my eyes traveling to the mirror and back to Luna, who was still holding the forgotten lipstick and now looking thoroughly annoyed. "Oops…" I really must have been nervous to forget AND overlook it. However, the next person I met that said cats were just mindless animals with not much more on their minds than eating and sleeping, I would surely give a piece of my mind.

Taking the offered item from the cat, I patted her on the head. "Arigato, Luna. What would I do without you?" The cat gave me a look that could tell more than a thousand words and I found myself actually gulping. Luna was one hell of a weird cat. And the weirdest thing was that I still didn't remember how I got stuck with her. She was just… there.

Finishing with dressing and finally getting an approved reaction out of the weirdo of a pet, I quickly rushed downstairs, got embarrassed by mom again over the whole thing, thankfully didn't run into Shingo and made it out of the door more or less still intact… Which was an accomplishment, really. Since I woke up this morning, I kept having the nagging feeling that something would go wrong on a major scale this day. That the date would turn into a natural disaster. I was nervous about the whole thing but it was slightly different. There was a dull sense of… anticipation that I couldn't make much sense of. Oh well, at least I didn't have strange dreams like that one two months ago. I had felt the after-effects days later.

Throwing thoughts of possible disaster out of the window, I smiled when I saw a red sport car pulling up in front of our house. Let's see of what material you are really made of, Chiba Mamoru.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Ami)

"205… 206… 207…" (the dreaded word processor strikes again, huh?)

It had to be on this floor, Makoto had said as much. That and I didn't think I could carry this bag any longer. Damn, I should have taken mother's offer to drive me here. Walking over was truly a bad idea. I had only packed a few things to get settled in, nothing major. But walking once directly through the whole district and then six floors up because the elevator was damaged… Ack! "Maybe I should really have gotten myself a dorm room," I muttered.

It was not that there wasn't enough money, but the idea simply didn't strike me as appealing. I wasn't exactly what could be called a wallflower but my social contacts were limited and apart from Makoto and the cheery but often annoying Usagi, nobody really bothered to talk with me. And taking my Sophomore Year in the new High School, sharing a room with somebody I didn't even know… No, not really appealing. And it was just too far from home to the school. So, Makoto's generous offer came just at just the right time.

True, it was still a good seven months before the new school year started but that could give me time to get to know Makoto a bit more. And she had voiced that she wouldn't be complaining about some help for the entrance exams. School was something I was good at, and from the frequent sessions with Usagi, I considered my ability to teach quite good, even more so my patience…

"215… 216… 2… 217." With a relieved sigh I sat the bag down and opted to catch my breath for a moment. "Hey, Ami-chan, the track races start in only a few hours, you know?" I looked up to see the door open and a tall brunette with a ponytail leaning causally against the frame.

She was wearing a red shirt and light yellow jeans. Still trying to get my breathing under control, I managed only a weary smile. "The elevator didn't work, so I had to…" I gestured in the direction of the staircase and Makoto just nodded, mildly annoyed. "Yeah, they have the worst timing with repairs in this house. I warn you now, before you learn it the hard way." She looked down at my bag and frowned. "What did you put in there to be so worked up, bricks?"

Not wanting to appear weak in front of the obviously stronger girl, I reached down to take the indicated object again. "Not really, just a few… books…" Apparently, I had overestimated my recovery ability - which wasn't good to begin with - because I almost doubled over. Two strong arms caught me before that could happen though, and I looked up thankful, even if a little embarrassed, at the other girl.

"Hey, you don't have to show false pride here. We all should know where our strengths lie." Bending down she took the bag easily in one hand, her face changing into a grimace though. "Only a few books, huh?" I smiled, blushing, and she grinned before waving me in.

The room that greeted me was neither sparse nor overly decorated. There was a small couch, a few small seats, a board with a few books - from what I know I assumed cooking books -, most of the window-stills were covered with various flowers and plants which gave of a nice, comforting scent. Sunlight bathed the room in a warm and, just for a moment, illuminated it in an eerie, unearthly glow. One door led to the bedroom and another to a small bathroom.

"To your liking?" I snapped out of my reverie, hearing the door close behind me. Makoto strolled past me and placed the bag down. "It's nice. Not as big as ours but that's okay." Makoto chuckled. "I don't have a doctor as a mother and I'm barely able to support myself. That's actually why I'm letting you stay for rent." I didn't know the other girl quite so well, so that might excuse my next question, although it was incredibly stupid and tactless. "What are your parents doing anyway, leaving you alone in…" I trailed off seeing the hurt look and the flinch, as if physically slapped. Looking down at the ground, I felt ashamed at myself for being so rude to my host. Even if my social contact was limited, that was no way to behave to the girl who offered to share her apartment with me for the upcoming time of High School.

"Gomen nasei, I shouldn't have…" A hand touched my shoulder and I looked up again to see Makoto shaking her head. "It's alright. I tell you something. Why don't you go take a shower, change into something more comfortable and then we go see some of the events." Contemplating this for a moment, my first impulse was to decline. That wasn't my thing normally, and sport events made me often a bit uncomfortable because of my own inability at physical exercise - except swimming. Still, we had started the day a bit on the wrong side and I felt inclined to make it up to my host. Also… It was a holiday after all and everyone was out, so…

"Okay." I smiled, grabbed some things out of my bag and headed to the shower.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Rei)

The morning was a beautiful one. There were no clouds and the weather seemed to be stable for the middle of October, a better thing at least than last year at the festivals. A lot of events had to be canceled at the jubilee, which was why this year was meant to make up for it. From above here, you could see a lot of people already moving through the streets and the latter quite full with preparations. The air was pleasant, neither hot nor cold. A nice, autumn morning that was simply perfect for some outdoor activity.

I sighed, looking around the temple ground. No visitors until now. Sure, it was still early in the morning but I had the distinct idea that there wouldn't be much activity today. All the people were out, running the big marathon or participating in other events. Usually holidays were good for Hikawa Jinja, because of the land's strong bonds to culture, but the Taiiku no hi was always the exception.

"Rei!" Surprised at being called, I turned around towards the stairs and saw a girl my age with short, light brown hair, clad in a track uniform, waving at me with me a smile. "I'm going over to the race now and wanted to ask, if you are coming." Once more, I looked around at the still vacant temple grounds and shook my head sadly. My earlier conclusion would hold true anyway, so there wasn't much to object against the offer. After all, I hadn't slept very well last night… I hadn't slept very well since that night two months ago, then the Sacred Fire had suddenly went out, just like that.

Maybe I was really getting paranoid but I could not shake of the uneasy feeling I had about today. Something was up, something big.

"Actually, that's a good idea, Hitome. Just let me get something more comfortable. Be right back." With that, I went back into the shrine and to my room. If I was honest, I had planned to accompany Hitome to the marathon anyway. She had been such a great asset over the last half a year since she was here. Her spiritual abilities were nothing short of amazing. Especially her skill to find things or people, not to forget her almost always accurate tarot card readings… I had to admit, I was somewhat jealous at times, how she handled things without ever being trained as a miko. Nevertheless, Hitome was a great friend since coming to TA, one of the first real ones in years who weren't scared in the least about my abilities. A pleasant change.

Emerging back from the house in a black combination of clothes, I headed over to Hitome and just stood there for a moment looking out over the city from the top of the high stairs. "Something is going to happen," the other girl murmured quietly. I nodded, not answering, there wasn't a reply expected anyway. "My readings indicated a great change would come upon us today and… a rebirth."

"Rebirth?" I arched an eyebrow at her but Hitome just shook her head. "I don't know what that means, believe me." And Hitome not knowing what her readings meant was something that happened in five percent of all cases. "I guess we just have to figure it out then. You ready to win?" The other girl nodded, a look of concentration and determination briefly lightening her eyes. "Definitely."

Together we headed down the stairs, wondering what today would bring us.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Artemis)

The streets were full of people as we walked along the Minato district towards the start of the marathon. Left and right, you could see various events involving physical competition. Ball games, track races, even some dancing somewhere off to the side. Last year had really been a flop. Everything had been set on the thirty-year celebration, everything was ready and the weather had been good for weeks. Nobody suspected it could as much as trickle… Yet, right at the morning a rainstorm hit that held far into the late afternoon. By then the holiday was royally ruined. Funny actually. If I remembered correctly, it hadn't rained in the first loop… Minako had been a bit grumpy about her injury but, seeing that the events were falling through anyway, that did lighten her mood considerably. This year, she was all set and would probably get interrupted by coincidental events that seemed to haunt the life of a Senshi. "And I'm telling you: No Youma will stop me from running today. And winning of course." Of course, that didn't mean that my partner thought about it quite like that.

"Of course you will, Aino-chan," a soft voice replied. The soft, somewhat dark voice belonged to the younger girl; her head currently slightly leaned against Minako's shoulder. My partner had an arm around the girl's waist, pointedly ignoring any looks the couple might get from passer-byes. Minako quirked an eyebrow at the raven-haired girl, "Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there, Raven?" The girl shook her head. "No, I'm just admiring your determination." At this, I snorted. "Hotaru… you sure, you didn't want to say thick-headedness?" As expected, I promptly got swatted for the comment and wisely shut up for the moment.

We probably presented a very unique sight. With Minako walking in "the middle", Hotaru on her right, drawn tightly against the blonde, and me riding on Minako's left shoulder. Under other circumstances, I would probably have opted to walk but with this many people out, I didn't feel quite safe on the ground. And unlike Luna, I had the benefit of talking to my partner again. Even in the presence of Tomoe Hotaru. Or should I say, because of Tomoe Hotaru? Probably.

The white-skinned girl with the ebony black hair in contrast had been a part of everything that happened before, in and since England. Without her as an initiator, Venus would still be sleeping and the dumb idiot of a would-be suitor still running around. It had been quite a shock for me at first, but if you just watched those two for a while, you could see how happy they were. Especially in light of Venus' near cursed status considering personal love. I was not happy at first but quickly realized that both were quite obviously happy; besides, what kind of guardian would I be to not allow my charge the happiness she deserved? Not that things hadn't gotten slightly out of control after the chancy meeting months ago and the somewhat fated one back in England.

Minako leaned down to whisper something in Hotaru's ear and the younger girl giggled. I had the dark suspicion it was about me. I had to smile despite the possible nature of Hotaru's humor. I had to admit, the girl was growing on me. In the two months after the first change, after she revealed what I had expected nearly from the start, she had been more vivid as ever. As I had hoped, the physical and mental healing had a massive impact on her emotions. She was still withdrawn and shy at times - especially then someone brought the family issue up -, but Minako's company and the new chance at life she had gotten, left her in amazingly high spirits.

We had reached the area where the participants of this year's marathon gathered, the amount of people ready to run their feet sore for fun was remarkable. It wasn't, as if I didn't enjoy a good hunt now and then and I was quite the athlete in the old Silver Millennium days but… I could not, for the life of me, really grasp how people could enjoy this. This, of course, was because Minako absolutely had to participate.

Minako disengaged from her girlfriend a short distance away from the general crowd, which prompted Hotaru to pout and Minako to grin sweetly at her. She bent down and placed a quick kiss on the shorter girl's lips. "Remember, I want that to be a surprise later. No touching beyond friendly." I wondered what they understood as friendly. Still, it was just like Minako to wait with the news until today's events, when they had regained total control of their memories, and then drop the bucket of cold water over their heads… Or something like that. I still remembered Luna's reaction very well, and it was simply due to the events in England I think that Minako's resolve didn't crumble under the black cat's rant - that went on near to an hour, I think.

"I'll make it up to you later," Minako promised Hotaru in a low, definitely husky voice, which made her companion blush and me cringe. These two sometimes really worried me. Especially since Hotaru was still that young and Minako just turning sixteen in two weeks. Someone that didn't know the circumstances involved with these two, would surely call my partner something short of abusive… Oh well, those didn't know and they shouldn't know either. If they just wouldn't give me the creeps every time…

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Luna)

Balancing on the fence was a task a cat could perform as good as walking. What martial artists might see as a balance training, was second nature for us… or probably first. So, since I didn't need to concentrate, it didn't help to ease my thoughts in the slightest. I had had much to think about in the last two months since Minako and Artemis came back from their trip in England with some very disturbing information - namely Hotaru - and even more unsettling secrets.

While I was still pensive about the Hotaru-issue, there wasn't much I could do about that. I had been aware of the fact that Minako had apparently awakened before they returned. The material Artemis' had sent back to me said as much. But until now, I still was unsuccessful at getting more than the most general information out of the two and Artemis. All I knew was probably leaving more holes in the overall picture than giving useful information.

I knew Artemis quite well. We had practically been together since our childhood. A good hunter he had once been and probably still was. Very reliable to gather information or scout enemy terrain and a very loyal companion to the Moon Family and even more so to Hebe, Venus' Alter Ego. Usually it only took a little persistence from my side until he spilled all his secrets to me but then he was like that… It simply was best to lay the matter to rest until the three of them opened up from their own. Artemis could be really stubborn and if it involved his Venus… well, let's just say it would take a nova to penetrate his defenses. No point getting my claws broken there.

Still. I swear to you, Tomoe Hotaru was creepy. Really creepy. And I don't mean about her latent gift of powerful healing as much as her and Minako's strange reactions to affection. Merely kissing still sent a shiver down my spine. I had some distant ideas about what Senshi mating was expected to be like. However, Hotaru was a normal, if even extraordinary, human being. There was no hidden personality in her, nothing that indicated another Sailor… Somehow, I had a hard time believing myself though.

Focusing my attention back at the couple I was following, I caught Usagi and Mamoru trading conversational jabs… again. Naru, who had joined the couple, shook her head with a faint smile, probably wondering, if her idea was so good after all. In any case, it insured that everyone would be together in the same place today. Rei, Ami and Makoto would surely be drawn too. If not, I would promptly bite my tail off. That was the other thing that made me nervous though. Today would be The Day. The day we had expected, yet dreaded.

I respected Usagi's wish highly and even if the Silver Millennium would never rise again in the future, for all their sakes, I would let their Senshi lives sleep. Forever if that was necessary. But Venus' reawakening and the arrival of an unknown force, obviously linked with the Dark Kingdom we had thought was completely annihilated, was enough of a sign that the brief period of peace was over. I would go chasing a bull terrier before I deliberately reactivated their memories, yet it seemed the chances for that became more and more fact.

"Mako-chan, Ami-chan, over here!" I looked up to see Mercury and Jupiter approaching. I was glad that despite the memory reversal my prediction had been at least partially true. Usagi, Ami and Makoto at least had formed a loose companionship that, while it was not quite the friendship it used to be, but definitely was going there. Rei had been somewhat more reclusive and Minako had opted to stay away because she was afraid she might trigger something unexpectedly.

"Now, you got yourself quite a catch there, Usagi," Makoto commented teasingly. My charge had the grace to blush before protesting. However, even to her, I think, it sounded lame. "You know that wasn't my idea. I'll just…" Ami simply smiled inwardly as Naru elbowed her oldest friend. "Exactly, that is why you have actually put an effort in looking good, right?" Usagi huffed adequately and turned away with a cross expression. "Sure. Gang up on me, will you?" Turning to Mamoru she added: "So? What do you wait for? Don't you have anything to say?" The older boy in question flashed a smile at his official date. "So far, I have enjoyed myself."

That effectively silenced the small group since it was absolutely impossible to say, if he was teasing like Makoto and Naru, or being genuine.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Makoto)

A pair of martial artists showed a few complex katas for the crowd to the right. I snorted at the display. That would be sooooo helpful in a real fight… I was training constantly now with my new sensei and felt that I really was improving. That display though… Pure show, nothing else. They would probably not last in a real fight for five seconds, at least if that wasn't a simple, public demonstration. Not that I cared for it.

The general volume of our conversation had turned down considerably. Usagi was stealing almost shy glances at Chiba-san ever since his ominous comment, which I personally think the blonde interpreted too much. Naru was hanging back a bit, giving the couple some space. And Ami was walking quietly, showing some mild interest in the side attractions. At first, I thought my offer to be a bad idea, but now I thought that we both might profit from the arrangement. The girl definitely needed some more social contact and as average as I was, my grades were surely not stellar. Although, I did consider it a good sign that Ami had voiced practically no protest when I invited her to tag along. The Ami I met about a year back would have never even considered the thought. I swear, I wouldn't be Kino Makoto, if I didn't get her to open up some more soon.

Ami had stopped in front of a booth, the type you could find on every fair. There was a collection of prizes on one wall and one had to throw little darts at the targets. I had to suppress a smile; Ami had apparently fallen in love with a small stuffed animal, a blue and white dolphin to be exact. If it wasn't so extraordinary to see Ami's eyes lingering longingly on the object, I would not have given it any further thought. But… that was Ami we were talking about.

With a gesture, I told the others that they should go on ahead and we would catch up later. I stepped beside Ami at the booth and waved a hand in front of her face. The smaller girl blinked and then blushed, embarrassed. How cute. I regarded the owner of the booth with a confident look. "One shot, please." Taking a coin, I handed it to him and received five darts. Oh well. Leaves something for me, right? The man pressed a hidden button and the targets began moving rapidly. The smaller, lesser ones covering the more valuable items. "Mako-chan," Ami whispered, finally catching up on what I was doing, "you don't have to…" I waved, dismissing the objection. Sparing Ami a smile, I briefly concentrated and without even looking, threw all five darts at once, hitting all the high prices dead on, including the dolphin. My smile turned into a smug grin as the man grimaced and Ami stared with wide eyes. I guess, you were right about the concentration thing, Sensei.

Accepting my prizes from the grumbling booth owner, I handed the dolphin to a still stunned Ami. "Here you go." With trembling hands, the shorthaired girl took the offered item and managed a weak smile. "A-Arigato…" Leaving an unhappy man behind, we began to catch up with the others.

That proved to be a little hard since they had already mingled with the crowd gathering around the start of the marathon. Briefly, I wondered, if I shouldn't have taken my sensei's advice that this would have been a good opportunity to see how well my speed and endurance training was coming along. However, I never was one for miles-long races. A good fight in close quarters didn't really need someone to run THAT much. It was not that I didn't see the possibilities here; a marathon just wasn't my thing.

We found the others finally after searching around for five minutes. Ami was still babbling about how I didn't have to do what I had done - damn, she really needed to go out some more - and how what I have done, was actually impossible. I was just about to point for the nth-time that I just did what she thought impossible, then I spotted the others as well as another familiar face. The local miko Hino Rei and her assistant… What was her name? Hitome, I think. Apparently, the latter was participating.

"Hey, minna!" I called, gaining everyone's attention and then waving in Rei's direction. I wasn't really into religion and stuff but the girl seemed nice from the one time we were up there. Not really much of a socialist either, yet that probably was true for almost everyone of us. Usagi's eyes lit up and I recognized the look immediately. If it was one thing that was unique about Usagi, then it was her ability to make friends easily. A rare innocence that might be a bit naïve but was certainly refreshing. I had the feeling we would not leave today without Rei becoming a part of our little, merry group. Oh well…

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Mamoru)

As expected by probably everyone, we made our way over to the miko and her friend. I had briefly met Rei before but didn't know that much about the raven-haired girl as I should have… Should have? What the heck? That sounded almost, as if I knew her from somewhere. I had to admit she was definitely good-looking and surely acceptable as a girlfriend, if one would go for the younger types but… Oh, whom was I kidding? After all, I was on a date with someone nearly four years four years my junior - even if that circumstance was against my better judgment. My only hope was that Motoki wouldn't exaggerate and let something slip, or I would probably be topic number one tomorrow. My university might be a high quality one, but one thing that would always be the same with all schools was that rumors tended to spread very, very fast. And with the mass of people on the streets and all around us, there was no telling who knew already. Oh well, I would deal with my own stupidity later. I really should make the best of the day.

"Ah, if it isn't Miss Clumsy!" Rei greeted Usagi directly, ignoring the rest of us. She smirked at my blonde date. "I must say, I haven't laughed so much in ages since the last time you were at the shrine…" I know she was teasing, badly, but Usagi didn't seem to take it like that, since I saw her practically fuming. But before she could return the favor, Rei let her gaze wander over the rest of us, lingering for a moment on me. The intense gaze made me a little uncomfortable. "Oh, lovely company. Are you here with one of them?" With a hand motion, she included everyone but Usagi. I could see the counter attack from my mutual date coming from miles away, really.

Hands on her hips and a triumphant smirk on her face, Usagi thumped one hand proudly over her chest. "Hah! For your information. He is with me and not interested in anyone else!" I groaned and muttered: "And who is asking me?" Naru shot me a sympathetic look, obviously familiar with the blonde's antics. As if on cue, Rei and Usagi were literally at each others throats, each of them proclaiming that they were much better looking than the other…

"I thought they just met once," stated Makoto, shaking her head in disbelief. If that was the reaction at the second meeting, then Usagi should better reconsider at making friends with her. The basis was a little… shaky. "I think they like each other." I averted my gaze from the fighting girls and noticed that the other girl who had been with Rei was mildly smiling. "How did you figure that?" The girl shrugged. "Rei has a good heart, really. She just has this temper problem and isn't that used to having many friends. Usagi… Well, let's say her friendliness irritated her the first time."

I saw Ami and Makoto exchanging a look that wasn't of the "don't we know it" category. There was a deep sympathy that apparently came from own experiences on this field. "I think, I can understand that," Ami finally said. "Usagi does have a unique gift to make others trust her. Those sorts of people aren't actually conventional. I was a little spooked at first too. Usagi was the first one, trying hard to be my friend not just for the purpose of getting better grades." Makoto quietly nodded.

Apparently, the little Odango Atama did earn her loyalty well. I felt a little stupid, standing there and saying nothing after I had so heavily protested to this date at first. It really wasn't like I couldn't see what they saw but… Oh really, kami help me, there wasn't a "but". Usagi was a unique creature, and if our fighting stood in any competition to that of Usagi and Rei's, and the girl was right that they liked each other… Damn, as it seemed, there was no way around it. I would soon have a girlfriend quite some years younger.

Before I could further brood over the subject any longer though, I felt a strange tugging on my mind and on impulse turned around. There was a blonde girl with a striking resemblance to Usagi making her way through the crowd, with a white cat riding on her shoulders. A moment later, she spotted us, smiled in a mixture of joy and sadness and started to head forward. She hadn't made two steps before all hell broke loose…

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Hotaru)

The world just wasn't fair. I wanted to be as close as possible when Minako started and not somewhere in the far back. Okay, the distant possibility that the start wouldn't be as soon as expected was there but still… Alright, maybe not so distant. I didn't mean that I did not trust her, because I definitely did, so when she said it would be safer for me to stay away, I would do so. Even if I think that, half the reason was to hold me out of sight for now. I didn't think she was afraid of her friend's reactions afterwards or something like that. No, Minako, the Minako that I had slowly brought out of her shell of loneliness was rather playful and mischievous. She did that solely for the purpose of getting the best reaction out of her friends as possible. Still… I thought that to be a bit of bad timing in this situation.

Kami, what if something did happen and she got hurt, needed me… What if she needed her powers refreshed or maybe some of the others needed healing… Sure, I knew better than to run into the middle of a battle and distract Minako with my presence and I really didn't want to end as a Youma snack but… My rambling thoughts were rudely interrupted when the screaming around me started. "Huh?" Frantically I looked around for the source of it. I didn't need to look long since there wasn't anywhere to direct your eyes to where you wouldn't see a creature the majority of the human race deemed myth right out of a horror story. "Kami-sama!" I breathed.

There were at least a dozen Youma and all of them radiated a high level of power. I had learned to trust my high-tuned spiritual senses on that and I did know that I was right in the middle of what could easily turn out as the biggest massacre in history. I wanted to back away but registered that the Youma had formed a wide circle around the people at the starting point for the marathon. There was no way to back out. Nowhere to run. Damn… I hated it when Minako was right about this. But surely, she didn't expect something THAT big, right?

People were running around in a blind panic, some of them headfirst into Youma, who immediately pummeled them senseless. I wondered what the purpose of this assault was besides the gathering of mass energy. Normally I wouldn't care but the Youma didn't seem to make any attempts of collecting ki. They were just wracking havoc.

"Hotaru! Watch out!" At the sound of a familiar voice, I whirled around, just in time to see an energy blast heading my way. I closed my eyes, bracing for the worst but the next thing I knew was being held in gentle yet strong arms and flying through the air. I shook my head trying to clear the dizziness. I didn't have any blackouts since… well, since the day of my rescue from Adonis in England. I hadn't been close to a fight since then too, so that might have to do something with it. I think all those involved knew what it meant but wouldn't tell me. Since the demon was gone it couldn't really been a bad thing and I wasn't sure if I really wanted to know. Also, every time I tried to analyze it further, my mind would refuse to obey and simply forget about… Like right now. I looked up and smiled at the redheaded elf carrying me out of the circle of Youma. "Good to see you." Priapos grinned. "No problem. Minako would kill me, if I'd let anything happen to you." And she did have a testament to this statement already. Something I would rather not like to think about since it was the beginning of one of my worst times. My girlfriend's kin sister flew some distance away from the battle, to a space already cleared of hectically fleeing people. As soon as we touched ground, Priapos sat me down but I think my knees almost gave way under me. That had been a close call, too close.

"Hey, you alright?" The elf had gently touched my arm, looking at me concerned. I shook my head to clear the numb feeling and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. Go help Minako." For a moment, I thought she would protest but in the end, simply decided to give me a stern look. "You stay here." Snorting, I brushed some strands of hair back. "Sure. One close encounter with death was enough for today." I couldn't identify what exactly it was that my friend muttered but she turned around, spread her wings again and headed back to the battlefield. I watched her leave in silence, worry clearly marking my features. Be okay, Minako. Please. -----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Mamoru/Endymion)

When I woke up this morning my only worries had been going out on a date with a girl four years younger and totally contradicting to my own personality. These were great worries, mind you, since I had not at all been comfortable with being pushed into this. But I was not the type of guy to chicken out and simply stand her up. And it had turned out as a rather pleasant day until now. The company of the younger girls had been refreshing and Usagi didn't seem that much in the mood to ruin her date either. So, actually everything was fine. Of course, it would be too much to ask, that everything stayed that way.

Looking out from the high balcony of the magnificent white palace in the middle of a wide ocean - both in a place there they shouldn't be by normal human belief -, I gazed at the clear crystalline pearl of Earth hanging in the sky or better the area in space that could be identified as a sky. Everything was peaceful, beautiful, much like I remembered. However, everything was also a simple illusion. A dream world only for us, those who remembered the old times.

"Your Highness," I regarded the form of the woman resembling my beloved so much with a nod. Queen Serenity, late ruler of the fallen Moon Kingdom, stepped next to me and looked silently out at the beautiful landscape that was once the miracle of the Ginsiushou. "It truly is beautiful, isn't it?" she asked with a soft, wistful voice after some time. Oh yes, it was beautiful. Everything here had been more or less magical - as was probably everything else in the solar system except Earth - but still radiated such a natural beauty that you wouldn't believe all this was created, even in this dreamscape. It was a shame that nobody would ever know about such a beauty again.

"Oh, they will. Sooner or later they will. And it will be yours and Serenity's to create." The directness caught me off guard and I turned a questioning look at the queen. Serenity merely smiled. "She is the heir, the line must survive. And you, Prince, I expect to take up my daughter as she surely wishes you to." The intense stare Serenity sent my way made me squirm but I managed to hold the challenging eye-contact until Serenity nodded satisfied.

She turned around and gestured for me to follow her. "Don't get me wrong, Endymion. It is not my place to make the decisions in your life for you. But as a mother, I must ensure my daughter's happiness. Do you love my daughter, Prince of Earth?" I didn't need to think. As freaked as I was this morning about a simple date, it was all so clear now. I had put Serenity as well as Usagi through a lot the last time and I would make sure that this time there would be a happy end. How could someone not love her? Even without our memories we had been drawn together again. No, the question didn't really need an answer.

Serenity nodded in confirmation to my thoughts, obviously guessing what went through my mind. "Where are the others anyway?" I asked in return, admiring the inside of the Moon Palace. The long, wide hallways, the crystalline decorations, not too fancy but still clearly showing wealth and status. "We are on our way to join them. I suppose they will be a bit disorientated." I raised an eyebrow confused. Serenity chuckled lightly. "Oh, the memory block my daughter placed upon them can only be removed directly. The palace will seem familiar to them but… They won't remember anything and I somehow doubt Luna or Artemis would have done anything so soon. You, Endymion, do have the benefits of your own power equally as strong as my daughters. That is why you remember."

"You're wrong, I don't have such powers…" Serenity chided me with a look. "Do you question my wisdom?" I shook my head lamely. "Good." Stopping in front of the doors to a smaller chamber, she turned around to face me. "We are here. I would ask you to wait here until I remove the block. I think it would only further confuse them, if they saw you like… this." She pointed at my uniform and I nodded in understanding.

With that she entered the chamber and left me to my own jumbled thoughts. My mind was mainly trying to wrap around one concept. I was supposed to have powers like Usagi? That was ridiculous. After all Usagi was the Moon Princess, the heroine Sailormoon, the wielder of the Silver Crystal. I didn't have anything except some fancy speeches, an endless supply of roses and a cane… Not really any competition to any of the Senshi actually. But… Why should the Queen lie about this? Was there really something inside of me that rivaled the Ginsuishou's power? I didn't have any time to further dwell on the disturbing subject before Serenity called me in.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Usagi)

The feeling of knowing a place that you beyond doubt haven't set foot into was one of the undiscovered mysteries of human nature. There was this striking that you belonged at the specific place, if as someone had called you to come… no, return here. A familiarity that had nothing to do with the actual term. However, all this stood in absolutely NO comparison to the feeling I experienced now. The room was small, it bore the looks of a small foyer-like chamber. Small that is, compared to the size of the palace we were currently in. When looking out of the window you could not really estimate the size of the structure but from what the natural beauty of the chamber and the richness of decoration spoke of, left no doubt about surely grand dimensions.

"Okay, I say, we waited long enough. Let's go out and find someone… or something," Makoto said annoyed at being stuck here in the strange surroundings. Apparently we weren't on Earth anymore, the fact that said planet hung high in the "sky" did help to clarify that, and so far we had yet to encounter who or whatever force had brought us here, mere moments after a huge assembly of horror movie monsters had invaded the event grounds. I was still trying to convince myself that this had been some sort of comedy play to entertain the masses, yet somehow I really, REALLY doubted that.

I looked over the group consisting of Ami, Makoto, Rei and the blonde girl as well as - and that really spooked me - the white cat that was with Minako and Luna. No one else. Neither Naru nor Hitome and certainly no Mamoru. It had all happened so fast and before we know it a strange light had engulfed us and we found ourselves here. Unharmed but very much freaked… Except Minako that is who simply seemed to anxiously await something.

Rei looked up suddenly which alerted the rest of our merry, little group. Nobody was able to say anything before the door opened and the vision of an angel appeared in its frame. Really, there was no better way to describe the woman. Her face seemed old… No, wise, I corrected myself. Yet her body was as healthy as someone who had just grown out of her teens. A full-blown adult body no doubt but young at the same time. An eternal beauty that time couldn't touch.

"I am truly sorry to have you waiting. I had another guest to welcome first." The sound of her voice was gentle and soothing… Familiar? Why did I feel so… happy when I looked at this woman? Like a baby who had seen his mother for the first time and still knew, somehow, that this unfamiliar creature was indeed its mother. "Who are you?" Makoto asked a little defensive, eyeing the woman carefully. Ami stood unsure what to do, while Rei seemed almost awed and the other girl, Minako… was kneeling?

I blinked in confusion at her. "My Queen." The woman smiled and walked forward to place a hand on Minako's shoulder. "You have done well so far, Venus, but now it is time for the guard to be completed again. It is…" She paused for a moment, looking at me… apologetic? "… necessary." Minako nodded and rose. "Arigato, Serenity-sama." The name triggered something in my subconscious that made my ears perk up and my eyes even more fixed on the strange woman… Serenity.

Rei cleared her throat, obviously having to force her ability to speak up. "I don't want to be rude, Your Majesty. But why are we here and where exactly is… here?" Serenity smiled… well, serene at the miko. Her gaze wandered slowly over everyone for a long period of time. She looked almost sad now. "I must apologize again that I have to do this but the world needs you."

Raising a hand I noticed the golden crescent moon sigil on her forehead glowing and without the warning the memories began to flow. Memories from a time long forgotten, from a year that was and at the same time was not. Memories of a battle that was antagonizing and unbelievable painful to the heart. Memories of friends found and lost, of companions that always came through with you and yet at the end had to die albeit all the effort. I closed my eyes tightly shut, trying to cut the flow of pictures but I couldn't. Unyielding the revelation of what had once been came back and forced me to remember what I had been, what I still am and that I could not escape my fate as I hoped too.

My eyes snapped open as the blinding light created by our joined powers hid Beryl/Metallia and I saw out at the world again. However, the eyes that were seeing now were different. Wiser, older… sadder. Tears, they were there too, and without hesitating I rushed forward to embrace the astral form of my mother. Queen Serenity of the Moon Kingdom, the previous ruler of the greatest, peaceful empire the galaxy had ever known.

"Serenity," mother murmured and pushed me back slightly to brush a few tears from my eyes. I understood now how much it pained her to do this to us. After all the efforts. However, thinking back at the army of Youma waiting back in our world I could understand. We were the only ones capable of facing the threat. It was our fate, our destiny. As sad as it was. I stepped back and turned my head to look at my friends… comrades, teammates… in a way my sisters. They had watched on in silence but the look on her face was one of understanding. They remembered and now were together again. Just where we ended… Just where we started.

Minako, Venus, seemed to be unfazed by all this though as if expecting… She knew! And she must have been awake for quite some time now. Why I could not really understand but a lot of things began to make more sense now. My friend caught my look and smiled softly, it was a little strained but she appeared to be… happy? Strange.

I turned back to mother expectantly. "Mother, why are we here and what do those Youma at the track course mean?" Queen Serenity smile fell and was replaced by a serious mask. Somehow I didn't like that. That wasn't the look of someone to bear bad news… that was more the look of someone to bring worse news. "Before we get to that…" Mother stopped and turned her head slightly towards the door. "Will you come in please."

She moved aside as another figure came into the room. There was this slight pull and without even looking I would have known instinctively that it was Mamoru/Endymion. He was wearing the same uniform that he always did. Briefly the sight called up a well of terrific memories but I quickly replaced them with those Serenity had of Endymion that I still remembered. Seeing him there, made me unimaginably happy. I had feared that only we would get our memories back and quite frankly I didn't know, if I could have stood for it. The date so far had gone well but I didn't know, if I had the patience with the memories of all the time that had been lost over the course of our previous encounters. I would have mixed things up and maybe scared him away. But this fear evaporated instantly when I saw him smile at me fondly.

Hesitantly moving forward, I suppressed the urge to just rush forward and jump into his arms. I really wanted to but that wouldn't be really proper. Proper? Geez, it must have been the palace and the princess gown, I even felt more like Serenity here. No, there was something else too. I didn't want to ruin the mood with my usual childish behavior. I was fifteen by now after all, maybe it was time to grow up a little. (A/N: Don't stare at me! I mean it!)

Mamoru slowly walked towards me and I met him halfway. Before he knew what hit him though, I reached up to pull his head down and give him a rather stunning kiss, relishing in the feeling of love and the security of his strong arms that had went instantly around me. "I wanted to do this for a long time. There will never be a nicer guy than you. Aishiteru." His simple smile, I decided, melted my heart right there. "I do love you too." For that brief moment everything around me was forgotten and for this one moment I was truly happy. I knew a long road lay ahead of us, a long and stony road. Yet, I was content that we would get through, together.

Sadly the moment was soon interrupted, when Luna cleared her throat. I blushed slightly, noticing that I must have totally zoomed out there for some time but looking at Mamoru I guess I wasn't the only one. Luna hid a smile and I held out my arms for her when Mamoru and I walked over to join the other girl's in facing the Moon Queen. My guardian gave a soft purr as she jumped up and soon took her familiar place on my shoulder. I reached up to stroke her gently and we simply smiled at each other. It was good to be able to talk with Luna again.

"Alright, mother," I said, addressing more serious matters again. "Why are we here?"

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Ami)

All my life I had been a person living clear to the principle. First think then act. My mind was sharp and my intelligence high quality, trained to handle any possible situation within the parameters of logical analysis. It was rare that I didn't catch up to a concept quickly and it was even rarer that I lost my grip on reality. However, could you blame someone who just experienced a rush of memories that the person wasn't aware to posses? I wished that we would have gotten those memories back in the middle of a fight, that would have given me time to ignore them for more direct needs. But we weren't at the track course anymore and there weren't any Youma here to concentrate on. So I had only the option to silently proceed the emotions and pictures that came with the memories while watching our Princess rejoice with her prince.

The experience was unlike anything else. Memories of the repeated years were misty, blurred together and hard to identify as belonging in the one timeframe or another. There was good and bad in both. On the one side the lost ones held memories of a smiling ever-present Usagi slowly bringing me in a social circle of friends that were her teammates. There was trust and companionship, a close friendship formed and steadied through many hardships. Hardships that were heavily weighing down on everyone, especially Usagi when she lost Mamoru to the Dark Kingdom. Then, there was the rescue attempt and the horribly outcome. My own death… I shuddered a little at the thought.

On the other hand, I had memories of about two years of a slow repeat of the former without the added weight of being a Senshi. I never felt that content around Usagi or Makoto than I had been the previous timeframe. The friendship was more loosely and only slowly progressing but I had had hopes that it would grow with time. That was unnecessary now.

I could not really say what I preferred from the two but strangely was more drawn to the first timeframe. Okay, I had died there, I had been a Senshi, fighting evil day by day. Yet, it had felt right and the close friendship with the girls was something I had valued albeit all hardships. Social contact had been something that I wasn't good at. All the studying and high grades weren't helping there. With Usagi-tachi I felt just in the right place. I belonged there. We were all outcasts in a way and that had helped enormously to breach the gap of suddenly having to interact with total strangers.

My attention was drawn back to the present when Usagi and Mamoru separated and stood with us to face Queen Serenity. The deceased ruler of the Moon wasn't looking very good, her face was thick with worry and she kept sending rueful glances in our directions. Serenity took on a regal pose. "First of all I welcome you, reborn Sailorsenshi of the fallen Moon Kingdom and I wanted to give you my thanks for defeating Beryl and Metallia and protecting my daughter with your lives." Her voice became quieter saying this. "I know it must have been awful for you and I would have more than wished to let your personalities sleep without those memories. Sadly this option was becoming less and less available."

Everybody was quiet, not really knowing what to say. Finally Minako who acted as if expecting all this, bowed and looked up at the Queen serious. "We thank you, my Queen, but we were just doing our duty." Of course, we all knew, Minako didn't mean it like this at all. We had all felt it to be much more than a duty to protect Princess Serenity. Without Usagi we never had found together or harmonized the way we did. Without her we would have been lost.

Queen Serenity smiled slightly. "Of course you did, and so much more." She paused for a moment, then heaved a heavy sigh. Before she could continue, Minako spoke up again taking the words from her lips that slammed down with a heavy impact on everyone present. "Sadly our efforts to annihilate the Dark Kingdom were not completely sufficient." Usagi, Mamoru, Rei and Makoto looked at her sharply while I just allowed myself to be curious. The poor girl was under enough pressure already. It was obvious now that Venus had been awake for awhile now. If I thought about it… There had been rumors of a Sailor V.

Serenity coughed lightly, drawing the attention back to her. "To my regret I can only confirm Venus' statement. I do not really know what exactly you are facing but I can tell you that the signature of the energy is that of the Dark Kingdom henchmen. And since Venus already encountered one, it might be safe to assume that there are more. I wish I could tell you more or what they are up to but despite their close position I have no direct power over the mortal realm. Their presence is weakening me greatly." I looked alarmed at this as did the others but I think I caught on the implications a little early.

"Your Highness, what do you mean you are close to their position?" Instead of Serenity it was Luna who gave the answer this time, with an audible disdain and outrage in her voice. "An… associate of ours discovered the enemies base here. On the Moon." The room literally fell silent. For a moment no one said a word, when Makoto - not surprisingly - all but exploded and smashed her fist cursing through a support Pillar and Rei snarled angrily. I wished I had my Mercury Computer to confirm Luna's declaration but simply looked out of the window instead. As before I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

"You cannot see anything from here," Serenity stated and I walked back to the others disappointed. "This is merely an image in the astral plane. Also I cannot keep you here forever. The time for your mortal forms is frozen at the moment and all this you are experiencing here will just appear to be a spur of the moment." Her face turned serious again as a glow appeared above her left hand. "You are needed in your world, the enemy is already there." That was then I remembered the Youma back home. There had been many, an awfully lot and I knew that this would be a hard battle we were facing. But there many people back home, also poor Naru and Hitome were still there.

"Well then, what are we waiting for?" declared Minako impatiently with a surprisingly worried face.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Rei)

My eyes narrowed sharply as I took note of the barely concealed emotions coming from Minako. The blonde had always been a little impatient. From my viewpoint I had always thought she held a lot of her personality back and hid it behind the mask of the dutiful Senshi. And Usagi had never really told us about that night on the ship with her Youma-turned friend. There had been something deeply bothering her but somehow after the ordeal she seemed unnaturally relieved. As if a heavy burden had just been lifted from her shoulders.

According to the cats and the dim memories I still had from my past life Venus was meant to be our leader, the leader of the Princess` guard. Yet that outburst wasn't a sign of leadership, it was a sign of deep emotional worry. Minako worried about someone specific back home, yet I couldn't remember seeing anyone with her when she approached us at the track course. Tentatively I reached out and probed a little at her spirit, trying to find any clue and was almost send reeling from the discovery. First there was something very powerful and ancient attached to her spirit, stretching out towards something… no, someone else. The band was pulsating with energy and I could briefly make out Venus's energy pattern before surprisingly sensitive mental shields snapped down and pushed my probing mind away.

I quickly composed myself. The others didn't seem to have noticed and naturally agreed with Minako's idea. The blonde stared at me for a moment, hard, and I suddenly felt myself shudder. Her eyes briefly flashed with primal protectiveness that clearly told me I should better not try this again. I had never encountered something like this and was curious to say the least. But I valued my health higher than my curiosity and wisely chose to not voice the question burning on my lips. No, I better talk to Luna and Artemis about this first, I decided.

Queen Serenity meanwhile had finished whatever magic she was working and I watched the small white sphere, It burst silently and gave way to a round brooch with a star design on the lid. The brooch hovered there for a second before floating over to Usagi. There was an intense flash of light that actually not more than a tiny sparkle. However, the energy produced by the Ginsishou blinded my senses briefly and I just caught it sinking gently into the brooch. "It was the whole time there?" Usagi asked stunned. Serenity nodded. "The crystal is a part of you. Your soul, your heart. Never lose it." She then turned to us and I gasped as in a burst of red a tiny pen with a five-pointed golden star on top appeared in mid-air. In a circle of red the sign of Mars was engraved.

"Your bodies and powers have developed far enough for the new stage of your power. I believe you will find the boost useful. But do not overdo it, you might tire quickly from using too much power that you are not ready for…" Her gaze just for the fraction of a moment held Minako's who had produced her own hensin pen. "And not all of you have the means at hand to recharge." Minako quickly tried to hide a blush and I lifted an eyebrow but kept quiet, remembering her previous reaction.

Before anyone could react to the statement, Serenity went on: "Again I am sorry that I cannot help you further but I can feel that these enemies are different from what we know of the usual Dark Kingdom agents. Please be careful, my children." Everyone nodded as I felt a strong force pulling on my spiritual form. It was time to leave. The world needed us again.

Minako made a hand motion and Ami, Makoto and I joined her in a loose circle. Usagi nodded seriously and stepped into our midst, Mamoru beside her. Our Princess lifted the brooch and looked everyone in the eye for a last time. "Ready, minna?" Everyone nodded and our leader summed it up simply with a grim expression on her face. "We are ready, Princess." Taking the lead, she lifted her henshin wand and summoned her power.

"VENUS STAR POWER, MAKE UP!"

"MERCURY STAR POWER, MAKE UP!"

"JUPITER STAR POWER, MAKE UP!"

"MARS STAR POWER, MAKE UP!"

"MOON CRYSTAL POWER, MAKE UP!"

There was something incredibly satisfying about the transformation into my alter ego. The fire enveloped me and made me whole. Where once was just a tiny distance there was none. The link that was the source of my unusual command over the flames was completed and I became one with the fire. It wasn't hot. No, burning away all mortal restriction and worries, my spirit was practically dancing from the intensity. My already sharp senses were overflowing with impressions and energy patterns. Not overwhelming but pronounced and each one with its own note.

What was overwhelming though was the enormous evil presence suddenly smashing down on my new enhanced senses. My eyes snapped open to take in a good dozen of Youma all around us, people running and screaming. A mass panic had broken loose and we were right in the middle of it. For a moment I was not sure what we could do with this many people so close by. Wide range attacks were out of the question but I wondered how we should combat this many otherwise.

"Scatter and drive them away from the masses. Jupiter, Mars, follow me, Mercury, Moon direct the people out of here." And with that, before anyone could question Venus, she launched herself forward. I had no choice but to follow.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Jupiter)

The power rushing through me was incredible. My late training had given me the reassurance that I was already much, much better than the last time I had become a Senshi. With the enhanced strength exclusive to the Senshi of Jupiter, I could literally feel every inch of my body. The movements were more swift, the power surely more destructible and my speed greatly increased. Even better the ki reserves I had built up over the last months had practically skyrocketed. Before my training under my new sensei I had never noticed it since I didn't believe in such things. Even as a Senshi. I could understand magic but a mystical force of life energy right in every life form's being? Ok, I knew that there must be some kind of energy - after all Youma tended to collect it frequently - but that you could learn to really tap into this potential… Now, I knew. And the dimensions my Senshi form gave me were simply plain fantastic.

Venus was next to me, what surprised me a great deal. I had expected her and Mars to fall back a little but my blonde friend seemed to have no trouble keeping up. She even seemed like she was simply jogging. "Got some serious training, I see," our leader remarked with a grin. I could not help but return it. "You're not bad yourself." And then we reached the Youma and jumped right into the fray.

Keeping a tight lash on the magical and mystical energy raging inside of me, I laid into the first Youma with a furious spin kick. Dropping down I executed a leg sweep and while my opponent struggled to keep his balanced, jumped up and over his back, smashing both feet in his back. I didn't look back, not that I had time to, then I confronted the next one. Pouring some ki into my moves, I let my fists fly, dealing seven hundred blows per second. I guess I could take on my sensei in this form but wouldn't really try to deliberately play with fire. He was the best after all.

Pushing through two more Youma I quickly realized that the initial surprise had worn off and it was getting harder to get hits in. To make things worse these things were much tougher than I remembered… or maybe they just were, Anyway, they took my crossfire of punches and kicks with only being a little winded and there were so damn many of them that I didn't have the time to concentrate on one for some time. Then I finally got to one I had pummeled previously, he was already up again. That was frustrating!

Soon I found myself back to back with Venus while I spotted Mars leading a pair of Youma away from the moving crowd. Thankfully with the monsters' attention drawn elsewhere the people's survival instincts kicked in and they were following Moon and Mercury's directing. That, however, made another problem. With most of the people gone, the Youma's concentration was now solely on us. That wasn't helping either.

"BURNING MANDALA!" I ducked then the fire rings sliced through the air. They cut through an arm of one of the Youma that were following Mars and continued onward through the circle surrounding us, consuming one on spot. Looking back over my shoulder, I caught Venus' grim look and noted that she wasn't even winded - neither was I, I had to admit. "Time to get rough?" She only nodded and laid into our enemies with a vicious shower of Crescent Beams, which she called just that. For a moment I watched as she exploded into a whirlwind of attacks, continuing to send out beams, showers and this strange heart chain that she handled with an ease that spoke of experience.

So mesmerized by her graceful, flowing motions that would have impressed Sensei, I nearly missed the two Youma jumping me. My senses warned me a mere moment before contact and they just managed to rip some of my fuku. "Hey," I shouted indignantly. "That wasn't really nice." Drawing on the magical energy, I discovered, was much easier now. Throughout my ki training I had learned a new level of control that seemed not to be limited to the mystical. With a yell I let the blast go.

"SUPREME THUNDER DRAGON!" True to the name a huge dragon of pure lightning jumped from the rod on my tiara, eating one of them alive and burning the other badly. A moment later the Youma had regrouped and were prepared for our changed tactics. From what I could tell, I had the sinking feeling we were facing elite troops and that in our first fight in years. Really not good.

"Duck!" I did not even reconsider when I followed the unknown voice's command out of instinct. A moment later a green energy blast smashed into a wolf-like creature and sent it tumbling. Quickly rolling with the fall I sent it off balance with a minor ki blast. A blur of motions streaked past me and I watched stunned as a winged… elf flew by to drive its energy blade into the Youma. The elf turned and grinned at me. "You okay?" I nodded dumbly. "Never felt better but I think I'm hallucinating." The elf continued to grin while delivering an elbow to a Youma's chin that had tried to sneak up on her.

Venus and Mars chose that moment to join us again and Venus simply gave the elf a quick, questioning look, no curiosity, no wondering. Just this exchange of deep worry that I had briefly witnessed earlier in my friend's eyes but hadn't given it much thought then. This was different, I realized. My attuned senses caught the elf whispering to Venus, something about "she's safe now." I really wondered who "she" was. That wasn't the look of someone being worried over a friend.

My dwelling fell short then Mars mumbled a barely audible. "Uh oh." We had decreased the Youma to eight by now but then I looked up I saw that eight new were just coming out of hiding and immediately headed in our directions. They seemed to consider us the highest threat, rightfully so, and I had the feeling that wouldn't work out with just a few bruises either.

"Venus?" I asked, unsure of what to do. Our blonde leader didn't need long for an answer. "Then I say now, we get back to the others and regroup. They are too strong to fight ordinarily." As much as it pained my pride I could only confirm that. Before long we would be tired. Better to put all our forces together and work on something else. "Mercury, we need cover! NOW!" Venus' called out over the disturbing noises of the approaching Youma. They were almost upon us, then the familiar mist filled the area like a thick blanket. Concentrating I found Mercury and Moon's energy pattern easily and sprinted towards them. I wasn't concerned about Mars and Venus with Mars' grip on spiritual powers and Venus' new, impressive skills. And the elf would find her way too.

Sure enough Venus and the elf were already there when I arrived and Mars was right behind me.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Luna)

With a critical eye, I watched the battle progress. As Venus had ordered Moon and Mercury were staying back with Tuxedo Kamen and directing the panicking innocents out of the danger zone, Mercury was also running a scan with her visor and Mercury Computer. The actual fighting was progressing better than expected. Especially now that most of the innocents were gone and Mars' had more or less broken the silent agreement of not using any magic. I had seen Venus in action before but this new level of skill and ease was even astonishing me. If I didn't know Priapos had been training Venus during their stay in England and constantly afterwards whenever the elf was around, I would have deemed what I saw outright impossible. Hopefully the other Senshi would soon be profiting from the Efadio's hard drill as well. She was not known as the best among the elfin warrior class for nothing.

"They have all acquired a lot of skill, even without the memories," I noted in a thoughtful tone. Mars senses were sharper and she seemed to be able to react to the slightest presence in her near proximity. Her accuracy had also heightened, given that her new attack hadn't been that less aimed than I had suspected it would. Venus was always the Senshi known for accurate attacks, while Jupiter was more leaned towards power. Mars often hovered somewhere in between.

Speaking of Jupiter, I hardly could follow her, even with my sharp cat eyes and the trained warrior eyes that were still there, even after all this time stuck as an advisor in feline form. I knew the skill necessary and how much one had to be in tune with his own life force to achieve this level - even with the enhanced abilities the mantle of Sailorjupiter provided -, yet the tall brunette was flowing almost as flawless as Venus through the enemies' ranks. Kicks and punches were delivered with sharpness and skill that was totally against the normal nature of a Senshi of Jupiter. She moved with the grace and confidence of a great Martial Artist and the blows she kept dealing out reached several hundreds per second. Some kind of special technique I assumed that benefited greatly from the Senshi form.

During my observation the battle had taken a turn for the worse. Although Priapos had joined Venus, Jupiter and Mars, the enemies second wave as it seemed came out of hiding and they were forced to retreat towards us under Mercury's cover. I quickly had made a count and was by sixteen, hopefully there weren't any more hiding somewhere or this could really lead to disaster. I already was wondering how our Senshi would be getting out of this. It hardly seemed fair. The first battling they had to do was an all-out fight with dozens of highly skilled Youma that were apparently sent out to deal with us. This was definitely a setup. They knew this would be the perfect day for an awakening. And even though we had Venus' kin sister's warning I had not expected that much of an effort. I had been wrong, we all had been.

"What do we do? There are too many of them," complained Mars. "And they are stronger than Beryl's usually were," added Jupiter frustrated. Mercury furiously typed away on her computer but didn't seem to be any wiser, Moon looked a little scared. Everyone looked at Venus and Priapos. Once again I was thankful that we had the tactical genius with us, she and Mercury together should be able to be a great asset in that department later. But battle tactics also were Venus's territory, especially in the heat of the moment. To our benefit Minako was much more in synch with her past life as Hebe and therefore drew from even more experience.

Just to underline my words, Venus' head perked up with a grim smile. "Okay, I got an idea." She turned to Moon, eyeing our Princess carefully. Tuxedo Kamen was standing next to her and hadn't left her side since the battle started - I doubted he would have been able to match Venus and Jupiter's skill anyway. "Can you use the Ginsishou only as a focus? Not put your own power into it?" I glared at the Inner Senshi leader sharply. "She used the crystal to its full power once! I don't think Moon has the necessary control yet to take that…"

Surprisingly my charge interrupted me in a calm voice. "I think that it is possible. Then I fought Beryl something unlocked inside of me and I began to understand how the crystal truly works. Serenity-okaasama was right. The Ginsishou is an essential part of me and I guess I can manage." I didn't like it but nodded reluctantly, yet failing to see the logic behind the question. "Even so," I interjected again, continuing to frown. "I doubt that even all the Senshi's powers focused and put together could deal with all of them. You'd just had one shot."

Venus simply smiled and in a soft tone replied: "Not the planetary powers. I agree that this would be pointless. My plan is to use the crystal simply as an amplifier for a power matching its own. They could connect and spread out in one great shock wave," she explained, glancing up as the mist began to settle down and the first Youma could be seen moving in our direction. "There is nothing as powerful as the Ginsishou," I pointed out. Again Venus smiled softly which unnerved me enormously. "Yes, there is."

And with that the blonde-haired Senshi gave me probably the greatest shock of my life ever since discovering Usagi was Serenity. She held up her hand and a gentle white glow formed over it, growing steadily in size and brilliance. With a bright flash the glow took shape. What finally hovered over Venus' outstretched hand was one, single, crystalline teardrop. I recognized it immediately. "Is that…?" I breathed totally stunned into disbelief. I had heard stories, mostly from Artemis, I had read legends and myths, I had even heard Queen Serenity mentioning it once. But I had not thought it could possible be reality.

"Hai. The Venus Tear," Venus confirmed gently.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Venus)

I could feel the incredible power in my hands, the incredible power pumping through my veins, filling me, charging me with energy the more I let my emotions pour into the ancient crystal. The product of a myth we had all assumed. Who would have thought it to be true and brought to me in such a desperate time? The tear was said to be lost ever since the time the firstborn daughter of the first Queen of Venus had died. The crystal that had become her essence in an effort to safe her life had never been seen again and the story blurred into a myth over the generations. But it had been there, just like that. One day after my first heart-breaking encounter with Priapos who had still been controlled by Adonis at that time, it had been there. I was sure there was a hole in my memory but until now I had not figured it out.

A loud howl coming from the first Youma pushing through the mist ended my brief trip down the memory line. "Alright, minna," I called out, taking charge again. "Everyone focus your powers and shield us. Do not, I repeat, do NOT add them to the Ginsishou. We will have enough to handle like that." The three other Senshi didn't ask one more question but immediately formed a triangle around Moon, me and Tuxedo Kamen, including Priapos and the cats as well. I glanced pleadingly at the elf. "Pria?" My kin sister gave a grin. "I take what you don't get. Don't worry." I nodded thankfully and prepared. Channeling my emotions and pouring them right into the crystal tear.

"MERCURY STAR POWER!"

"MARS STAR POWER!"

"JUPITER STAR POWER!"

After a short pause I added my own. "VENUS STAR POWER!" Keeping it tightly under control I fueled my planetary power into the Venus Tear - something I had never done before - and began the slow process of carefully focusing and heightening the power. Moon had freed the Silver Crystal from her brooch and held it now high over her head. The tiara had vanished and was replaced by a crescent moon but I was sure the same was the case with me. Finally getting the enormous waves of my own planetary energy under control I sent it out. A bright orange-golden beam hit the Ginsishou and Moon visibly shuddered under the impact and the struggle to leave the crystal as a mere focus. From my own experience I had an idea of how daring it might be to draw some of the artifact's own power to steady the raging inferno that she tried to channel but all it would do, was making it harder.

I trembled visibly under the strain of holding the steady stream of energy to empower the other crystal. I had brought the Venus Tear nearly to its limits, once. However, this was different. Unlike the Ginsishou, the Tear didn't have any safeguards. I had to control the whole power output. Most of the time I used it transformed, as a weapon, I also had channeled my own attacks through it, making them stronger. Sending my whole essence though I had never dared before.

I felt myself connecting on a higher level with Usagi. I could literally feel her spirit, her soul, her very essence. It was similar to what Hotaru and I shared but still different. I knew she felt me too and was trying to somehow support some more weight. The connection was fragile and the energy bouncing wildly back and forth between us. The sensation was so intense, I thought I'd lose control any moment.

Reaching out, I held the Venus Tear in one hand and touched Moon's left shoulder with the other, further sharpening the connection. Biting down on my lower lip I struggled hard to remain in control of the energy. If I just gave in and let it all flow I would overload both my own reserves and the Ginsishou. I could not allow this. But it was so damned hard, how…

I looked up in surprise as I felt new, stabilizing energy flowing through the connection. For the briefest of moments I had almost mistaken it for Hotaru's but quickly caught sight of Tuxedo Kamen… No, Prince Endymion. He had gripped my wrist holding the Venus Tear tightly and the other hand was resting on his princess' shoulder. Immediately I sensed the prince's presence drawn into the circle. His energy was unexpected strong and for some reason, calming. Grounding, I concluded. Earth energy tended to have this effect.

Welcoming the addition with open arms, I quickly pulled some of his power in and weaved it around the steady stream of my planetary essence transferring from one crystal to another. The crackling and previous unsteady and fluctuating energy beam began to settle down and became steady. Yet the strain remained, only now divided on three people.

Agonizing five, long seconds later I decided it was enough. The Princess, Prince and I were perfectly synchronized now and the transference steady and almost complete. "Lower the barrier, now!" I pressed out through gritted teeth. I had no idea what was going on or how long the procedure had lasted but on the edge of my awareness I had seen the Youma smashing against the barrier of blue, red and green. I knew that there were only one single window of opportunity to pull this off. Subconsciously I had already submitted complete control to the more experienced Hebe, now Aino Minako simply drew back and let her past life do the rest. The moment the shield fell we acted. Calling out in unison, all three of us sent a last ounce of power into the connection and then let it loose.

"MOONLIGHT WAVE!"

The stream of orange-gold ceased and the Ginishou flared once. That was the only warning everyone got before everything exploded in pure white as the wave of light literally swept over the whole area, extinguishing both the cries of agony and the unworthy life of the sixteen Youma that seconds before had been trying to rip us to pieces. The backlash was so powerful I was sure that my grip on Moon's shoulder must have become painful until it was too much and I was blown backwards. Stumbling a little, I finally dropped to my knees. My vision was blurry and my breathing irregularly. The presence of the Venus Tear had long since vanished back into subspace. But the Youma, there I was sure, had all been destroyed.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Moon)

I could not really describe how it felt. The best picture I could come up with was that I was inside… no, a part of a bright, deep ocean, together with Venus. Every outward contact with the world didn't register with me. I was aware that I existed but the where and how didn't matter. I simply did. The ocean was full of power. Energy, pure overflowing and consuming light. My being that was reduced to simply its spirit was aware of every sensation, every slight shift in the balance, every fluctuation, in- or decreasing of the power flow.

The flow was like the stream of a river pouring into the ocean, collecting and mixing the new capacities to the whole. But compared to reality there never was anything going back. The fountain of steady energy, the Venus Tear, continued adding more and more, yet never received anything back. Wave after wave of light tried to gather in the endless storage capacity of the Ginsishou. Endless as long as the wielder could control it and knew his or hers own limits. Yet, since I simply collected my task was minor compared to Venus who fed the power. I understood, in this moments of joined souls, I understood that unlike me she had not the benefit of regulations. There wasn't a limit where her crystal automatically pushed back unless you deliberately wanted to cross this border. She had to control all of it. A task I didn't envy her for.

Then, suddenly, there was Mamoru. Though I had no really idea how his energy felt like I could just tell it was him, not from the added hand on my shoulder but from the emotions of love, belief and support from my Prince. The flow that had threatened to literally float over the borders steadied and calmed down and then it was enough. The moment Venus stopped the flow I already knew it was enough. There was a thin link now between our spirits, connecting us to each other. Three spirits, one soul and that soul pushed forward to bring the collective energy up and towards its destination. I refrained from using my own energy but everything else was similar to fighting Beryl/Metallia and I took over the freeing of the enormous power that we had amplified, bubbling, waiting to be released.

"MOONLIGHT WAVE!"

And with that my conscious was swept away and unfamiliar images flashed before my mind's eye. Of Mamoru, no Endymion and me as Serenity in the Silver Millennium. Of secret meetings and the sweet but dangerous blossom of a love that could not be. But those were at least distinctly familiar. The next set weren't and I just knew it had to be somewhere from deep in Venus memory. A dark setting, a pitch black void without any trace of light, Venus locked in combat with a menacing man. Feelings of a struggle, a commitment, emotions of despair battling belief. Responsibility. Love. Love was the strongest, the source that fed all the others. Love for one, for a single person, a single soul, the one and only…

Then the shift. Still the dark void but now there was another figure. I could not totally make it out. She almost looked like a Senshi, the fuku, the radiance. In her hand was a long staff of some sort, a scythe attached to the top… A glaive? Emotions from Venus again. Disbelieve, cold, icy fear, heartbreaking loathing, loathing at fate and destiny. Yet, still, always this unconditional, unyielding love, aching with trepidation and dread. Contradicting emotions. There was the love on the one hand and the fear on the other. However, there also was belief that I thought would see love through in the end.

All this I experienced in the span of a few seconds. And then I finally looked up, I saw that there were no more Youma and I was on the ground in the arms of Mamoru, my Senshi hunched around me. I groaned and with the memories of the connection still as strong I knew that I was much better of than Venus would be.

"Honestly, minna," I scolded. "Would you mind looking after Venus, yes? I'm fine. I did this before, remember." Mars was about to protest but one sharp and a tired gesture to the crumpled form of my Senshi's leader was enough to silence her with an ashamed expression. Venus, steadied by the redheaded elf looked up weakly and smiled in our direction. I gave an equally weak smile back and allowed the Silver Crystal that was still hovering above me to float back into the brooch.

"I say that was enough excitement for one day," Jupiter commented leaning tired against Mercury who probably looked the healthiest of all of us. "I agree, let us head home." Just as everyone was about to follow Mars' suggestion, Venus let loose with another moan and weekly struggled to her feet, with the elf's assistance. I caught Artemis looking at her strangely for a moment and then simply shaking his head. "I am not going before I made this run! I am not going to miss it three times in a row!" Her protest somehow sounded lame backed by the stumbling and the fact she barely was able to stand upright even with help.

The elf chuckled with amusement. Picking the disheveled Senshi up, she turned back to us. "She'll be right back. She just needs a refill. Oh by the way, the name is Priapos." Something clicked in my mind and Serenity immediately made the connection. Before anyone could voice their puzzlement over the strange behavior of the two, Priapos took of and flew out of view. I glanced at Luna and Artemis but Venus' partner was just shaking his head and Luna sighed audibly. I had the feeling we were not going to get anything out of them. Turning back to the recent battle side, I took in the destruction that was dealt. Compared to the intensity it was minor. "Ok, let's clear up here and then change back. I have the feeling Venus will be back sooner than we expect."

Mercury, Mars and Jupiter were to tired to get into an argument and simply proceeded to make quick work of some of the damage dealt, proceeding to remove evidence and leftovers from the Youma killed before the all-consuming light wave. I looked up at Mamoru and saw him returning the look with a similar expression that was even visible through the mask. "You felt it too, didn't you?" He just nodded and with that we proceeded with clearing the area.

Thoughts about the strange sensation when my spirit joined Mamoru and Minako's still spun around in my mind and I tried to make sense of them. The memories were rapidly fleeing and it was hard to hold onto most of them. But one was burned there like a mark. The one with the unfamiliar girl. A Senshi probably. It was definitely a memory, yet I could not say, if from Hebe or from Minako. However, it was important. I knew it was important. Hopefully I could get something out of my friend but somehow I doubted it. The feelings accompanying the memory were painful. A tainted mark on her soul, incurable. An experience with both. An intense love and fear. Who was that girl?

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Hotaru)

The sun slowly began to set. The streets on my way back home were deserted now. Either Tokyo's inhabitants were still attending the evening festivals, went somewhere to party or had long gone back home. The marathon was over as were most of the other activities. Surprisingly after the Youma attack had been fought back by the Senshi the people had quickly returned. After last year's fiasco Minako apparently hadn't been the only one who thought it would be a shame to let a little incident ruin this year's marathon again. The field of competitors had thinned out a little but most of them came back as did the spectators. Even in a traditional land as Japan curiosity often got the better of a human being. There was not much to see anymore though.

I had been worried sick after Priapos had flown me well out of danger. The signs of battle could be seen from far away already and I had felt Minako's frustration over the bond. There hadn't been any signs of exhaustion or pain since I kept a subtle, steady flow active from me to her and she didn't seem to have any problems with the actual fighting, only with the desperate situation. Considering that there had been so many Youma I could imagine why.

But the impression had suddenly changed when I felt some intense energy channeling. The only thing I could come up with was that Venus was using the Tear. Yet, I had never experienced something like that. I had tried to give her some more energy but had suddenly felt my presence blocked and there once was Venus, encountered a massive sphere of first two, then three different auras. I had tried for some time to push through but eventually gave up. Moments later the wave of light could be seen in the distance and I had collapsed right on the spot from the backlash through the bond as the bond suddenly snapped back into place, together with all the emotions on the other side.

The relieve only wanted to come then Priapos had come back with a severely drained Venus. I thanked whatever Goddess had come up with the concept. Venus energy was quickly refilled and she was healthy again in a matter of seconds, ready to take on the world… or at least the rest of the competitors. Reluctantly I had stood back when Minako had joined her friends again and soon afterwards fulfilled her promise to participate in this year's marathon. Other than the other Senshi who had watched the start I had the benefit of getting a good view on the whole race. Why? Well, not everyone has the courtesy that your mate's sister - or kin sister - was an elf who could give you a lift.

Minako won in the end. I was not sure, if the absence of some participants because of the incident had anything to do with it, the energy boost or simply Minako's skill. But my guess was the latter. Not because she was my girlfriend. Instead I simply knew from experience that her skill level as a Senshi had greatly increased under Priapos' training. I knew how swift, agile and quick she had become and there I had already been impressed at my first demonstration of Senshi skill. It reflected on her normal form as well.

The victory had been a photo finish though. For the most part the field had been close together. Only after they had come a few miles close to the finish Minako and another girl, my girlfriend had later told me was a friend of one of her teammates, had deposed of the other competitors. I wasn't sure, if Minako hadn't been holding back a little. I knew for sure that she could move quicker, yet I supposed it was a mixture of carefully hiding her true abilities and some residential exhaustion. But she won in the end.

I wished we could have celebrated or something but as to expect Minako was tired from the days events and I had to go home sometime as well. Home. There was a topic I despised. I hoped High School would come soon. Then I could get a dorm room with Minako or something like that - if my father and that bitch ever let me that is. I hated it. Where I had simply taken the coldness and loneliness in the big mansion as a part of my miserable life before and had shielded myself away in my room, now it was different. I felt better than ever, my health had been increasing steadily and there hadn't been any attacks since England. Artemis had more or less confirmed that whatever had caused it was gone and would not come back - I still wore the pendant I had obtained in England though. Just to be safe. Strangely with my returning health and the socializing that went with being in Minako's company, the distance and coldness of my father and Kaori had also increased. Father worked more, I rarely saw him for days sometimes and Kaori's stares were even more unsettling and icy than before. As if they were… angry with me for overcoming my symptoms.

I could here voices from the living room area as I quietly slipped past. The door was slightly ajar. Hesitating for a moment I moved closer and peeked in, keeping my breath low as I listened. Kaori and father were speaking. The redheaded assistant was clearly agitated and I wondered what was going on.

"I tell you, Professor. There is no use for her anymore. She has refused the Messiah and in her current state it is impossible to force her again. Even more. I think Hotaru could be trouble with her association with the other girl. She is powerful and I feel the other soul already stirred in the child." What were they talking about. How could the bitch say something like that about me. "But, she's my daughter…"

"Quit that. You know more than I do what our mission is. The project must be brought to an end, let us concentrate on the other child." Concentrate? Other child? I did not understand what… Father sighed audibly. "You are right, you are right. But we have to keep Hotaru close by, at least to keep an eye on her. Then we reject her now, we will surely draw attention, that is something we do not need right now. Proceed as planned, Kaori."

Cast me out? Reject me? They… No… FATHER didn't want me hear anymore? What had I done to deserve this? I was frozen on the spot for several seconds and barely had enough time to hide in a corner then both father and Kaori filled out of the room. Familiar feelings of rejection and loneliness bubbled to the surface again and I could not control the sob wrenched from my throat. It was not fair. What had I done to deserve this? I had simply gotten healthy again. Wasn't that a course for joy? Why was father so cold? And did he have something to do with the condition that had haunted over six years of my life? Was it him or the bitch Kaori? Both?

Tears began to run down my cheeks as I dashed upstairs to my room. I couldn't think clearly. Pain and feelings of betrayal were clouding my mind and my heart was clutched in an icy fist. Almost mechanically I threw some clothes and things into a bag and slung it over my shoulder. I had to get away from here. I needed time to think… I needed to see Minako. Otherwise I was sure that I wouldn't be able to sleep one second in this house anymore.

Bolting down the stairs again, I quietly slipped out of the backdoor and made my way over to the Aino-ke.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Artemis)

Everyone had split up after the start of the marathon. I had stayed with the girls knowing that Hotaru and Minako would have wanted a little privacy. Now we were back at her parents' place. It was close to ten already and Minako had been reluctant to let Hotaru go back alone after dark but I could tell she was really tired herself. This had been about one and a half hour ago now. Fortunately Minako's parents were on a business trip this week and wouldn't be back until four days short of her birthday.

Minako was currently trying to concentrate on the news report over the… "strange incident" during the day in the Tokyo area. Nothing much was shown and the press appeared to be totally in the dark. There were rumors of Sailor V being seen but that was to be expected. We - even Minako - had tried to keep our cover low the last months, yet sometimes it was impossible to refrain from a public appearance. And as usual Minako always jumped at the chance of being in the spotlight.

Actually I was glad that her quirkiness and good mood had returned with Hotaru. She had been mopping around after England in the first circle and the repeat year wasn't any better with the constant failures in the love department. Then Hotaru had come into her life and had drastically changed both of theirs. As annoying as my partner could sometimes be, I better liked to have her that way and focused in battle and not brooding and distracted. No, it was certainly much better that way.

"Go to bed, Minako. You can barely keep your eyes open." She didn't respond but turned off the television and just began heading upstairs when there was a knock on the door. It was soft and without my cat ears I surely wouldn't have been able to pick it up and so I was sure Minako didn't either. Then my partner jumped up suddenly and rushed out of the room, I didn't really need to wonder anymore who to expect at this late hour.

As I had already concluded for myself, Hotaru was standing on the front porch, a light bag slung over her shoulder. Her appearance was ruffled and miserable. Shoulders sagged, eyes slightly red trimmed and cast to the ground. Then Minako opened the door she slowly looked up with a half smile that wouldn't have fooled a total idiot. "Can I…?" she started in a meek voice but my partner already had grabbed and pulled her inside wordlessly. I caught Hotaru's eyes briefly and could guess already what was wrong. As so often in the last couple of months since our return from England.

Quietly, knowing that the two girls would prefer to be alone for their idea of "comfort", I slipped out of the door just before Minako closed it again. It wasn't that they probably always planned on this but with their emotional bond as mates as strong as it was, things always tended to get physical, especially when both were tired and/or frustrated. I had learned this lesson long ago. Again I silently cursed Hotaru's family. The girl was doing so well. Gone was the shy mouse that I had first gotten to know in England, gone was the usual melancholic mood and the sudden health attacks. She was normal again, the demon finally cast out through… this particular events. Yet, somehow her family situation didn't seem to get any better.

This was probably the fifth time in the last two months that she had come over and often stayed for several days. There was never a word said about it, the topic was avoided and every careful attempts of conversation in this direction immediately blocked. After the first two times we had given up on this. If not even Minako got her to talk, I didn't think anyone else could. It hurt though to see her that way, especially Minako but also me. I had grown to like the raven-haired girl very much. She had given my partner her spirit back and made her happy, that was more than I could have ever asked for. All complications all that mattered for me was to see my charge happy. And that she was.

The night air of late October was cool. Here and there were a few lights from bars and similar establishment, most possible harboring some of the participants of this day's events. Soon I had crossed the distance to the Tsukino house and jumped up to the first floor window of Usagi's room. The light was out but the curtains opened. As I peeked in I could see why. Usagi wasn't there, only Luna was curled up on the mattress.

With some rapping sounds I got her attention and after some fumbling with the window she slipped out on the sill next to me. "Artemis," she hissed in a tired voice. "I hope you have a good reason for showing up this late. That day was long and I want to sleep." I chuckled nervously. "So do I." For a moment she stared at me, then rolled her eyes and sighed. "Hotaru is over?" I nodded. She knew exactly that my sharp senses couldn't stand their mating. Then I was already asleep there wasn't a problem apparently but I couldn't get one shut eye while they were going at it.

With another shake of my head Luna motioned for me to follow her. "Usagi has gone over to Mamoru for the night. Can't say I am surprised." I nodded silently and made myself comfortable on Usagi's cover. A moment of silence followed in which neither of us spoke but I could tell she wasn't asleep, instead watching me carefully. With an annoyed grunt I met her gaze, demanding without a word what was the matter. "I can't believe you didn't tell me earlier about the Tear."

"Luna, we had this already. We had no idea where it came from and neither of us likes to talk much about what has gone on in England. End of discussion." After a full period of thirty seconds Luna finally dropped the intense stare. "Fine," she grumbled.

Another two minutes went by. However, this time it was me who couldn't get any sleep. I still thought back to the wounded and abandoned look in Hotaru's eyes. I had seen it before but that was different. Whatever had happened, whatever she had seen or heard must have struck deep to the core and thinking back on that fueled a cold flame of anger inside of me. The ignorance of Minako's parents regarding most of her life was one thing but they were at least there for her.

"Luna?" The black cat looked up sleepily and caught my worried glance with a frown. "Can we put Hotaru's house under computer surveillance tomorrow? I don't think it has anything to do with the current threat but something is going on there." Luna nodded seriously. "I guess we can do that. But I would not advise to make any moves before we dealt with this new enemy."

"Agreed." With that my eyes drifted shut. "Goodnight, Luna."

"Goodnight, Artemis."

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Minako)

Exhaustion was immediately forgotten when I saw Hotaru stand in the door to our home. She looked so vulnerable right now, I thought she might break every moment. Before she could voice her request, I pulled her in, just barely registering Artemis slipping past, and closed the door. Gathering the younger girl in my arms I wrapped her up in a tight embrace. My mental shields went down without hesitation and I let feelings of love and security travel down our bond. The raven-haired girl immediately began to calm down and looked up to me sheepishly.

"Gomen nasei to bother yo…" With a swift gesture I had bent down and kissed her. Our lips just softly caressing. I could feel the energy of our bond tickling and swirling but resisted. Neither of us were in any shape for that kind of activity and even though I could surely need the boost that would hardly be fair to my mate. "Do never apologize for coming here. For what reason ever." Hotaru smiled slightly and I pulled her towards the stairs. "Let's go upstairs. I am tired myself."

Secretly I was glad that my parents were gone. They were paying such poor attention normally that there never was much of a difference but we always had to be careful then they were around and Hotaru stayed overnight. For them my girlfriend was just a friend from school or something, they never really bothered to ask. If they ever found out what really was going on, I was sure THAT would attract attention and cause trouble that wouldn't be healthy in the current situation. It wasn't that I could not stand up for my relationship but the time simply didn't seem appropriate. We were in the dawn of a new crisis and I didn't want to deal with personal problems.

We walked up silently to my room and I closed the door behind us. Hotaru threw her bag in one corner and plumped down on the bed in more than a little frustration. Her eyes were unfocused and she stared straight ahead. I walked over to the bed and sat next to her, taking one hand in mine. Hotaru looked down startled at our joined hands and then back up to me with a slow smile gracing her lips. "You can stay here as long as you want, you know that." The other girl didn't say anything as she simply leaned her head on my shoulder and I wrapped an arm around her. A peaceful silence settled over the room for a few comforting moments.

Finally I suggested that we should better get to sleep and sent Hotaru to the bathroom first while I waited. She hadn't voiced it but I knew what went on in her head. Though the details of what was going on with her father and his assistance were still unclear to me and she wouldn't share them no matter what, I could tell one thing. Hotaru wanted to get away from there. But both of us knew that even though the care the two adults showed for my girlfriend was less thrilling than my own situation, I knew that there was no legal way to keep her away. It might be alright to keep her with me for a couple of days but longer… No, that would inevitably draw attention. I wished there was a way.

After Hotaru was finished I went to the bathroom. Briefly I considered a quick shower to work the tension out of my systems that the intense fight with the Youma and especially the channeling and joining had caused. But I was too tired and simply wanted to go to bed. It was times like these that I cursed the side effects that came with being a Senshi. My whole body was alert and my senses tingling with anticipation. It was like being high without drugs and usually the only possible way to get the body to relax was through a cold shower or achieving relief… Senshi lust, I chuckled ruefully to myself. But I could not really bring myself to loath at it. After all it was at such a night, after a battle in England, from which our mating night had resulted. I was just wondering why I still was so far into the state albeit being tired. Especially the marathon should have helped to relieve myself from the rush of fighting. Yet, it only became stronger.

When I entered back into my room, I fought down an urge to streak across the space between door and bed and simply jump my girlfriend. I didn't believe she needed that kind of comfort right now and… Ah, heck. Who was I kidding? It always lead to this. And Artemis knew it, that's why he fled the house so quickly. My inner battle must have shown in my body language since I caught Hotaru frown and getting up, discarding the nightshirt she had proceeded to just pull over her head. It didn't help matters that she wasn't wearing anything below right now…

A low growl emitted from my throat as Hotaru came closer and reached out with one tentative hand against my cheek. "You are still frisky?" Coming from her that sounded almost as if it was a bad thing. I mean, I knew she didn't mean it like that, but hearing it from her made me feel dirty. I whimpered against her touch. "Raven, I'm sorry, I don't think we should…" This time it was her cutting me off, as lips met in a much more demanding, quickly becoming passionate kiss. Tongues began to play and for a moment I simply enjoyed the sensation and the rising of the bond's energy around us. "Never be sorry for wanting me," she whispered in my ear after pulling back and beginning to nibble on it. "Let's forget our worries for the moment, we are all alone and we didn't a chance in over a week." Another growl and a moan mixed together then her hands slipped under my own nightshirt, seeking out the skin underneath.

I already felt my control slipping and then her skilled hands found my breast, my breath caught and I could feel the dam inside breaking under the pressure of want, passion and lust. With an almost feral hiss and a speed the smaller girl couldn't quite register I had grabbed and thrust her around against the door, my hands beginning to roam her everywhere and my tongues pushing her back in a display of supernatural strength and dominance that Hotaru was well aware of and actually craving.

A few seconds later we finally hit the bed but sleeping would come much later than planned.

TBC in Part 2

The Sailorsenshi are back together but their enemy isn't resting. Be sure to be there then Usagi-tachi meets Hotaru and new Youma show up on the scene!

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

Mars: Uhm… Ami? What are we supposed to do here?

Mercury: Don't look at me. Ask Usagi, she is editing the entry.

Moon: *sweatdrop* Well, I thought this looked a bit dull without a proper ending.

Jupiter: And what do you call a proper ending?

Moon: Easy! There must be a moral!

Jupiter: *eyebrow raised* A moral?`

Moon: Sure. Think back on all those Animes and TV Shows in the 20th Century, a lot of them had some kind of moral.

Mars: *slapping forehead in disbelief* Baka… This isn't an Anime and surely no kind of superhero show for babies… But then again, you would fit nicely in this category.

Moon: Hey! Mars, you are so mean!

Mars: *sticking out her tongue* You deserve it.

Mercury: *interrupting* I don't have time for this nonsense, there is a lot of work to do, including going over this file and correcting the errors.

Mercury has signed off.

Jupiter: I agree with her. Do your moral, if you want to do but don't bother us with that.

Jupiter has signed off.

Moon: Hey, where are you all going? What happened to loyalty here?

Mars: I can't say I'm surprised. Although this does look a little suspicious here… Hm, come to think of it… Where were Mina-chan and Hotaru-chan in the first place?

Moon: *mumbling under her breath* I can imagine.

Mars: *shaking her head* Well, I have to go to. And at least now I knew why you wanted so desperately to write an opening scene!

Mars has signed off.

Usagi: Mars! *looking around* Now they are all gone! *Looks back at readers* Err… Gomen, minna! Do you still want to hear the moral, yes? I'm telling you anyway, so don't bother to answer. Okay, the moral is… The moral is… *scratches head*… Uh… I had it all worked out, honest! They totally distracted me!

Luna (signing in): Usagi what are you still doing here? Get back to work, there is a delegation from Gaia waiting for you, did you forget about that!

Usagi: *panicked* Ahh, I'm going to be late!

Moon has signed off.

Luna: *chuckling* Still the same. *turns to readers* I think the moral Usagi was aiming for was, that you cannot escape your destiny. The Senshi had wished nothing else than to lead a normal life, without the battles and tragedies. But at last their destiny had caught up to them again and they had to realize that responsibilities had to be taken in order to secure their future. I guess that will do, although I still don't see the point here!

Luna has signed off.

Author's Notes

That's it. The first chapter of TFG. I hope you all enjoyed the ride. Since I have no idea, if those who read this had already read the Prelude, I am especially curious, if I am depending too much on that (especially in the scenes regarding Minako, Hotaru and Artemis) or if it is just confusing at some point and not downright unintelligible. I tried to work with what I had in the Prelude with leaving most of the delicate details a secret. That's how I suppose their minds would cope with it. I mean why should they downright cloak/forget the entire time in England? This is POV style and I simply wrote it with the entire background in mind but being careful with some things. Do I even make sense?

Well now, what do I have to clear up about the first episode?

There are two intended cameos. I think it is easy to find the first, the second shouldn't be that hard either. At least from the detailed description of Makoto's fighting style and technique! This is not, I repeat, NOT meant as a crossover. I just made this cameos for a little fun and to give the Senshi the possibilities of fine-tuning their skills. I see, if I can get a cameo for Ami too… Just watch out.

Priapos is also a character introduced in the Prelude arc but will be in future chapters, so don't worry, if you can't associate much with her yet.

Usagi is more mature, Ami more socialized, Makoto more in control… Please bear in mind before you say I'm being too OOC for a rewrite here, that the story takes place about two years later (one after the reset one). Usagi is fifteen, Minako close to sixteen and so forth. They ARE more mature and responsible.

The reset of the year. This is the theory that was used in a lot of popular fiction. I, myself am not so sure, if I really believe that Usagi really resets time and not simply wiped out everyone's memories about the events concerning Senshi activity. For me, that would be more plausible. But using this particular theory became an essential tool for the prelude and setting things in motion for this story. I simply had more time to prepare the characters.

The Taiiku no hi is a Japanese holiday held on October 10 in Memory of the Olympic Games in 1964. I have no ideas of how exactly it is celebrated, only vague information. What I described was probably a little overdone but consider this author's freedom. J

That's all for now (maybe my beta finds something else I need to mention?), I hope you liked it. If I hooked you with the pairing of Minako and Hotaru please consider joining our group at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/starsinlove. Feedback is always appreciate and though I do not resent to begging, I ask to comment, review whatever. It helps.

Ja ne, yours

Matthias