Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ (The 1st Generation) Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon R ❯ Episode Two: Minako-chan has a what?!? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: (1st Generation) Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon R

Status: Alpha

Author: Matthias aka MysticMew

Email: Minaru@gmx.de

Beta-reader: Ayrki

Rating: PG-13, with some more mature situations (bordering on R)

Established Pairings: Usagi/Mamoru, Minako/Hotaru

Timeline: After Season 1, complete "re"-write of the Anime without Chibiusa traveling back in time.

Stories in Series until now: The 1st Generation, Sailor V Vol.4, 5, 6 and the Special Issue.

Summary: What would happen, if Chibiusa never made her trip back in time? What DID happen before she changed the timeline? There must be a past where she never went back, right? New choices are made, new enemies appear. Were things for the better or the worse? Go read and find out!

Distribution: Starsinlove-group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/starsinlove), MSD (www.catstrio.de), ff.net (www.fanfiction.net), Mediaminer (www.mediamer.org), ASMR (www.moonromance.net). Anyone else, you can have it but please ask first, 'kay?

Chapter Summary: The Senshi are back in action against a mysterious new enemy. Minako introduces Hotaru to the gang but there is not much space for pleasantries. The enemy doesn't sleep.

Disclaimer: Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon/Sailor V belongs to Naoko Takeuchi, Toei and Kodansha

Story Disclaimer: Copyright©2002-2003 by Matthias Engel

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

Senshi Diary Codename: Crescent, access only by registered and acknowledged members of the Royal Court.

Scan activated

Scan positive

Recognition: Senshi Venus

Login: Senshi Journals

Receivers: Sailor Senshi of 20th Century

Hi!

I guess it's my turn this time around. Well, you already know what this is about. This entry is about the events after the rest of us have been reawakened and introducing Hotaru to the group. Of course we couldn't get any rest. But before I take away anything, on with the show… err, read.

(Mamoru)

The quiet of the morning had something truly magical that had nothing to do with transformation phrases or energy attacks. It was a peace that was like the quiet before the storm. Soon people would filter out into the streets, running around like a horde of ants, They would all attend to their own business, most of them only concerned with their own problems, unaware of what is going on around them. Responsibility contained for them of doing their work as expected and maybe taking care of a family. They had no idea what responsibility was all about.

I loved those hours of early dawn when the air was clean and full of promises, the day untouched and still vivid. Maybe it was because of my calling, my bonds to the Earth, maybe it was just simply a time where I could relax and reflect in peace, without the stress of the day pushing me onwards. It was no different this morning when I found myself on the small balcony of my apartment building, looking out at the still mostly sleeping city. My thoughts were on yesterday's events and the changes those events had brought. My thoughts were also on the sweet odango-haired girl dozing on my couch where we must have fallen asleep yesterday.

Everything was happening so quickly. Yesterday morning I had fretted over a single date setup with Usagi and now she had already stayed over - not that anything else had happened. The memories spinning in my head were like a kaleidoscope of colors. Of a normal life as a university student of Azabu-Juuban, of a time as a lone knight in the night, out to seek his own past only to find it revealed and taken from him in the most brutal ways imaginable. Memories of Usagi, annoying but somehow cute, always good for a teasing, memories of a strong warrior with much heart that always urged my protectiveness. Memories of a princess and a love that should not have been and yet had lasted into this lifetime.

I think… No, I knew I loved her. If she could find it in her heart to love me completely as she obviously did, that was the very least I could offer her. My own love. What she had said to me in the imaginary Moon Palace yesterday… I wanted to do this for a long time. There will never be a nicer guy than you. She had remembered. Just like that time at the north pole, in her arms… I still remembered it clearly, cherished it. She had saved me despite everything I had done under Beryl's influence. Was there a stronger proof for love? If so I was honestly sure Usagi would have accomplished it as well.

It was just all so sudden, so… new? No. That wasn't the right word. After all Serenity and Endymion had known each other for a long time already. Most of it spent in memories and waiting to see each other again. Then I thought about it more. The periods where we had each other were actually always only glimpses, fractions of time. The secret and short-lived romance ended by the fall of the Silver Millennium, the treasured moments with Usagi, neither of us really knowing what this attraction really meant, the realization followed by the capture, the healing followed by my death and Usagi's near-sacrifice. Now it looked like we finally would have some time together but I could neither really believe it yet nor was I sure what to do with it. To make it precise. Would we survive a normal relationship in the modern world? Would our relationship ever be normal anyway…?

What Queen Serenity said bothered me as well. Power like Usagi? That was unlikely and yet could I actually doubt her? The roses and skills had to come from somewhere. Endymion hadn't been a prince for nothing and in a magical period of time like the Silver Millennium he was inclined to have more serious powers, especially as a prince. It was nerve-wrecking, my memories of that time were just so thin and blurry. Most of what I remembered was about Serenity and me. My kingdom, my people, important events they were only fleeting glimpses of the actual happenings.

The thing was I wanted to believe the Queen. I wanted to be an equal partner for Usagi, yet I feared that maybe I wasn't ready to accept all the responsibility that came with my past again. I knew my life would change as soon as I accepted that I was a prince and most likely future King of Earth… This really is nothing a normal university student at my age has to put up with.

"Mamo-chan?" Snapped out of my thoughts I looked sideways at Usagi who had silently stepped next to me. I had been so engrossed in my thoughts, I could not tell how long she had been standing there already. Usagi had changed as well. A lot actually. She was much calmer and even a little more mature. She had developed from the clumsy fourteen year-old I had first met in both the first and the repeated year. The blonde certainly hadn't lost anything that made her so incredibly charming, it was more likely disposing of some of the worse character attributes. I was wondering how the sudden reawakening would affect her.

"It's nothing, Usako. I was just thinking." After a short pause, I turned and stepped into the apartment again. "Why don't we eat something." Of course, as soon as you mentioned food Usagi would still develop back to an excited seven year-old…

I smiled warmly.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(First gong)

Scenes fades up on the surface of a hilly land, covered with vivid green grass and a field of flowers. We see Usagi standing in the center in her princess gown but without the Crescent Moon sigil, Mamoru is standing off to the side in a black suit, watching her with a quiet smile.

(Second gong)

The camera swings around, capturing Minako and Hotaru sitting and leaning against each other in the flower field. Minako has an arm around Hotaru's shoulders and Hotaru's head is on her right shoulder, their fingers interlocked and eyes half-closed.

(Third gong)

The camera swings yet again towards Ami, Rei and Makoto a short distance away from the couples, enjoying the weather. Ami against a tree, reading, Rei dozing off in the sun and Makoto, chasing Artemis for some reason, while Luna sits nearby shaking her head.

(First notes up to lyrics)

The scene fades black shortly and then shows Usagi/Serenity rising into the sky, transforming into Sailormoon in the process, Tuxedo Kamen right beside her. The familiar shape of the Moon comes into view and the surface draws closer as the pair descend, showing the ruins of the fallen Moon Kingdom. Mercury, Mars and Jupiter join them shortly, as does Venus without Hotaru, Luna and Artemis to their respective partner's feet. The season logo is slowly drawn over the assembled senshi.

(Gomen ne sunao janakute)

(Yume no naka nara ieru)

(Shikou kairo wa shooto sunzen)

(Ima sugu aitai yo)

We see Ami with a book in her hand walking down a street, before she looks and turns around to face the screen. The sign of Mercury flashes on her forehead and her form is momentarily overlaid by a translucent image of Sailormercury.

Rei can be seen with her back to the screen, working on something at the Jinja. Phobos and Deimos fly into the scene and perch upon Rei's shoulders. The miko turns around and the sign of Mars flashes on her forehead and her form is momentarily overlaid by a translucent image of Sailormars.

Makoto can be seen working out, her motions flowing flawlessly into each other. She suddenly halts in mid-motion and turns her head to face the camera. The sign of Jupiter flashes on her forehead and her form is momentarily overlaid by a translucent image of Sailorjupiter.

(Nakitaku naru you na moonlight)

Denwa mo dekinai midnight)

(Datte junjou doushiyou)

(Haato wa mangekyou)

Minako can be seen with jogging clothes, running down a street, sweat pouring from her forehead. She comes closer and the scene is suddenly frozen with a close-up on Minako, the sign of Venus on her forehead and the translucent layer of her senshi identity. The screen splits, leaving Minako frozen in place and showing now Hotaru in her room, lit by various candles and lamps, kneeling in a circle of the former. Her hair is hanging down and half-covers the concentration on her face. Suddenly darkness engulfs the room as well as Minako in the other scene. Hotaru desperately reaches out towards the other. For a moment her eyes turn blank and emotionless, the sign of Saturn flashes briefly on her forehead and her form is overlaid by the translucent image of Sailorsaturn, before everything turns black.

(Tsuki no hikari ni michibikare)

(Nando mo meguriau)

A group of four shadows becomes more detailed on the background of darkness. A brown-blond haired man, a redheaded pig-tailed one, a dark haired, very tall and heavy man and a light blue-haired one that looked remarkably female. A "shadow" can be seen looming over the four like a cloak covering a head.

Two points of light suddenly disrupt the darkness. On the left (,) the Silver Crystal can be seen and on the right, another teardrop-shaped crystal. A thin line of violet slashes through the middle of the screen and shows Serenity and Endymion on the left side, Saturn and Venus on the right. Serenity holds the Silver Crystal high into the air, while Endymion supports her with one arm, the other on the sword hilt. Venus has the tear-shaped crystal in both hands and Saturn swings the Silence Glaive a few times for emphasis.

A brief flash shows Sailorpluto at the Time Gate looking worriedly upon the scene.

(Seiza no matataki kazoe uranau koi no yukue)

(Onaji kuni ni umareta no)

(Mirakuru romansu)

Scene shifts to the Moon once again. Among the ruins, a large, black structure can be seen, vaguely resembling a military base. The scene shows the Senshi again, running side by side on the surface of the Moon, being assaulted by various Youma and other things… The Princess's guard jumps into the air, Mercury sending a stream of water and Jupiter a barrage of lightning combined into the enemy rows, Mars ignites a few more and Venus slashes through several opponents with a four-bladed, cross-like weapon out of pure crystalline light.

The scene shifts to an image of the Moon again, hanging loosely in black space. A blue, red and green star appears to the left, an orange and violet one to the right. In the middle, a bright silver and golden star joins the others. The stars are transformed into the Inner Senshi, Moon, Tuxedo Kamen and Hotaru, standing beside Venus on the right, a translucent image of Saturn hovering over her. The image of the intact Moon Palace is added to the background. Pluto appears above the group with the Time Staff raised; the Garnet Orb flashes a bright crimson and the scene freezes.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(1st Generation) Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon R - by Matthias

Episode Two: Minako-chan has a what?!?

Based on the works of Naoko Takeuchi

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Hotaru)

I had been awake for awhile, safely curled in slender arm that yet held a strength you would not believe simply from looking. No, you had to experience it. And experience I did, last night had been enough testament to this. I could still feel my body ache somewhat. However, it was not as bad as you would expect from what transpired on usual mating nights. The energy boost helped a lot.

It was safe here. In her arms, that strong, dominating embrace that was in its own way one of the strongest expressions of protection and love, I could be free here. An odd paradox. I needed to be emotionally bonded to someone else before I could feel and experience freedom. Nobody would ever truly understand what made us work because no one would ever truly understand us as much as we did each other. When I was with Minako I felt completed and even in this short time we had been together I could safely tell that were was no one who could make me feel as important as the blonde Senshi.

"Hmm, morning, Anata…" I smiled softly. She hadn't called me that in a long time and a warm feeling spread throughout my body, enveloping my heart and staying there safely wrapped around it like a welcomed cloak on cold winter nights. "Morning to you too," I said and yawned. Minako shifted behind me: "Tired?" she asked. "Mmh… You wore me out." My lover chuckled. "I doubt that is even possible." I swatted the arm around me and then turned in her arms to come face to face with the girl who had captured my heart without a chance of ever releasing it again. Not that I wanted her to, of course. "Why don't we test that theory?" I purred and before Minako could reply, leaned forward to brush my lips against hers.

The kiss was sensual, not heated, but enough to ignite that certain spark in me. She always managed to do that. I had really not thought to have a relationship that was as much on an emotional as a physical level so soon. Hell, with my prior constitution I doubted that anybody would have ever wanted to do the things with me we had done last night. It did not matter that in my mind I was already matured enough to compete with almost anyone, my body had always been a problem. However, Minako had not cared about it that night in England, nor the ones following. And again I felt unbelievable special.

Not that you get the wrong idea. We weren't sex-crazed or something like that. This was just a physical extension of the bond we shared. It went beyond simple comprehension and most of it we didn't even understand ourselves. The mating was wild and powerful. Competing with someone like Minako on this level was an experience you had to make yourself to understand. I just wished that I was older already and we wouldn't have to do this in secret more often than we liked. Society in my opinion was too narrow-minded in this regard. Physical age doesn't always equals maturity. There were a lot of other factors coming into play. And I don't think I could stand up to Venus high on the wave of Senshi lust if I wasn't mature enough, right?

"A tempting thought but as much as I hate it myself, we both have school." I sighed, not wanting to leave the bed so soon. Here I was alright, protected from the horrors of the outside world. Minako had not spoken a word about me suddenly showing up on her doorstep after the first couple of times and I was forever grateful for that. Maybe this time I would try and find out to see how long I could stay before they tried getting me back. So, I was useless to them now for what reason ever? Fine. Then they should leave me alone. I wouldn't let the family issue destroy my quality time with Minako.

"Okay", I said reluctantly. "Not that I got anything to learn there anyway. Private school or not." I was way ahead of the actual material and even designing one's own schedule didn't help that much. I think I could easily skip at least a year, maybe two in a normal school. Besides Mugen was becoming more and more unbearable to me since I allowed myself to depend more on my spiritual senses. Something was going on there and it made me sick. Not the physical sickness I had endured for almost six years of my life but a mental sickness, bound to cause headaches and other symptoms after awhile. That was why I planned transferring to Juuban High at the end of the year. Okay, maybe it was because of Minako as well…

Minako sat up and proceeded to put on some clothes. I think she was purposefully doing it in a way where I couldn't help but admire her perfect body. "Well. Are you free this afternoon then?" I laughed and tried hard not to let it sound bitter. "You mean me, the person who has no social life other than being your girlfriend?" Minako frowned but then suddenly brightened up. "That's about to change. You are going to meet my friends this afternoon."

Oh goody… I must have been silent a little too long since Minako glanced back at me worriedly. "Nervous? We can wait if you want but I thought…"

"No, no. I want to. It's just… I don't know how…" I babbled, trying to find the right words. Yes, I had wanted to meet Minako's friends and teammates. From everything she told me, I thought I knew them already. They were an important part of what Minako was and I didn't want to be let out on this. Minako was not one to care much about other people's opinions as long as she believed in what she was doing. But I could tell that those of her friends were important to her. As much as she might say otherwise, she was a little nervous about this. And I…

"Don't worry about it. They'll cope. I warn you, there will probably be some shouting, screaming, ranting and all the other stuff. Rei will surely freak. But you should not take it personal. They are the most accepting and open people I have known short of you. I'm sure you will get along well."

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Artemis)

The screen blinked with several numbers and figures that to the normal observer would really make no sense. For one thing they would have to be at least on Mizuno Ami's intellectual level - which was in itself unlikely - and they would have to be able to read the script that had been lost to humanity for a very long time. Once it had been THE language that bond all of Sol together, now it was only a cryptic arrangement of indefinable characters. The Lunar Script was a dead language.

Not so to me or my companion, the black cat perched next to me and just now heaving a tired sigh. "Still nothing?" Yes, of course I could read the script and I could somehow understand most of it but the computer research was Luna's role. I would never dare to intrude there, my skills lay more in the hunting, the field research.

The black cat I had know for millennia now shook her head. "Nothing at all. The reports I'm getting in from Priapos' contacts are infrequent and jumbled. They just don't make sense. It seems that none of them has even been able to see who is running that damn place." It was the old matter again, I noted. Enemy research was running slow… No, let me correct that. It was stagnating.

There was no progress at all over the night. Minako's sister had found some remains of the former elf kin on Venus, safely prevented from the Fall in a sub-dimension. I should have known that Venus' magical society wouldn't just totally cease to exist. A few of them had obviously infiltrated the enemies' base but as of yet still had found nothing that was worth anything. It drove Luna mad, not knowing what we were up against. That, combined with the mocking location of the base was sending her into unpredictable temper tantrums all morning.

"Give it some time. They have to move very carefully, you know that." Luna sighed yet again but nodded defeated. "I set up the sensors on the Tomoe-ke. Can we try it?" My companion reached over and pressed a different button. The screen immediately changed and showed several perspectives of the Tomoe residence through very sensitive, camera pins that probably every government, secret or whatever organization would murder to get their hands on. There was nothing interesting to see outside and the inside was only sparsely covered. "I didn't get in far," I said, frowning at the lack of ANY activity.

Luna nodded and gave the screen a critical glance. "This is abnormal. Didn't you say they kept someone to help in the household." I confirmed that, which only helped to make Luna more suspicious. She had caught onto the lack of activity as well. "I think it was a good thing you suggested that. Something is wrong there." Remembering the few times I had been over with Minako, I shuddered. "It's… eerie. You would have to feel it yourself but believe me when I say something unnatural is there. I am not surprised with Hotaru carrying a demon for awhile…"

The sharp look leveled at me let me gulp and I realized with dread that I had just slipped. Turning cautiously, I hardened my resolve. Minako was trusting me on that one. "No, she hasn't done any harm and the thing - whatever it was - is gone. I can safely attest to that myself." This was about all I could and would say. Luna held my gaze for a few more moments when surrendered.

"She's staying with Venus now?" Luna asked after watching the cameras for awhile with the same lack of progress when the other matter. I nodded. "Yes. I know what you are thinking. Playing at two games at once is not an option, as much as I would like to pursue this myself. For now she should be safe."

After another silent period of time, Luna finally gave up and switched of the screen. Turning around to face me I noticed with a deep frown that she looked tired. Not only exhausted but a little bit… older. "Luna-chan?" I asked quietly, using the informal suffix one of those few times ever. "I…" She trailed off and I gave her time to gather her senses. "I just hate how much a fuss I made. I had no right to deny Minako the happiness. All of them deserve it and I made a pretty, damn fool of myself just for violating a rule, even accidentally. Sometimes I think I did this too long already and it became routine. I don't want all this to become routine, Artemis. Can't they ever have some peace? That is what Serenity wanted for them."

I trotted over to her, wishing for nth-time that I could still morph as before, so I just settled for a friendly and supporting nuzzle. "I know Luna and you are doing all you can. I am sorry too for not telling you more about Hotaru and that time. It's not that I don't trust you… I…" Kuso, sometimes I really could stick my foot in my mouth. Luna just laughed faintly. It was a little bit bitter. "It's alright, Artemis… Maybe I'm just stressed. I just… I must have made a pretty bad impression on the girl and I don't want everyone to think about me as the bitchy boss. I'm not…" Silencing her ramble with one paw I shook my head forcefully. "Don't. I know."

We sat in silence for awhile longer, this time it was slightly more comfortable but still tense to a degree. "Tell you what," I suddenly quipped, nearly making Luna leap to the ceiling. "You really are overworked. Why don't we swing by Rei's school as you wanted to do and then we do something nice?" The female cat eyed me skeptically but I could tell that the sudden smirk and indignant pose was a façade. "Artemisian Regnold, are you asking me to a date?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Depends on your definition of a date." After all we were cats… most of the time.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Ami)

I sweated profoundly at the seemingly hopeless situation. The battlefield was practically devastated, only a handful of pawns remaining on both sides. Yet there I only possessed one rook and a knight for offense, my opponent still had both his bishop. I had tried lulling him into a trap but should have known better. My opponent was not easily fooled.

Reaching out with one hand I intended to make a move but frowned, hesitating as I believed to spot something I had overlooked before. Suppressing the smile trying to wade its way through to my lips, I moved my rook two spaces up, closing off an escape route that would soon be needed, and hit the pin on the time clock. My opponent stared for a moment at the board and you could actually see the gears working overtime in his head.

Finally, after two minutes of thinking while his time continued to mercilessly run out, the young teenager ruffled his hair in frustration and sighed heavily. "Seems you won again. I give." I stood, sticking out my hand and he followed, taking the offered hand. "Thank you, Mizuno-san. No one rarely gives me a challenge anymore those days. I don't like to lose but I also don't mind if my opponent is better." Blushing faintly, I mumbled something along the line of: "It was just luck." The teenage boy shook his head. "I don't believe so. You shouldn't sell yourself so low."

"I agree with your boyfriend there, Ami-chan," Makoto said as she strolled into the bedroom, whereto we had retreated for our game. I hadn't even heard her coming and the blunt comment of course didn't help much. "He's not my boyfriend," I managed to say in a calm tone, barely. "We just both share some interest and Edugawa-kun just happened to come by." Makoto had been out for a few hours and it was bare luck that I had met him downstairs, apparently he lived a floor below." The boy in question laughed. "I've seen you around sometimes… Kino-san, was it? I live in 128." Makoto blinked, obviously trying to remember encountering him in her time here. "Don't worry, I'm new to the area. Just been here around two months."

Turning to me he made a dramatic show of bowing which looked so hilarious I barely could contain the laughter. "It was nice playing with you, Mizuno-san. Maybe we can do this more often now that we are practically neighbors." I smiled at him. "I would like that."

After my chess partner for about a year now left, Makoto closed the door and gave me a look of mirth. "Not your boyfriend, huh?" I shook my head, having collected myself by now. "No, he is not." Noticing her look I added with a soft smile. "Interested?" Makoto blushed. "Don't bother yourself. I believe Conan-kun already has a girlfriend." To which the tall brunette swore. "A pity." Raising an eyebrow, I asked: "Didn't you say once that you don't like nerdy types?" Snorting Makoto placed her shopping back finally down on the table. "Yes. But I like intelligent types."

Alright that was a good point. Edugawa Conan was certainly not bad-looking and I always thought he wore the glasses simply for style. His clothing was of good taste but not too overdone. He would have made a fine catch but as I told Makoto. He was already hooked. A little part of me pitied that as well.

"What is he doing to keep up with you in a game of chess?" Makoto asked curiously after a short period of silence. Wondering if I should share this, I decided that out of all people I knew Makoto was not one to shout things around a classroom like, say, Usagi. "He's a junior detective." My friend's eyes got wide at that and her mouth opened and closed several times. "But he looks so young, he can't barely be more than… fourteen?" I thought for a moment before answering. "Almost fifteen, I think. We might have to be a little careful with him around while rushing out for Senshi business in the future. Conan-kun has a VERY sharp mind and even better observation qualities."

Makoto nodded, her face growing serious at the mentioning of Senshi business. After yesterday's strain it had been quite a relieve when the school called in this morning. Apparently a lot of parents were worried because Juuban Junior High was close to the battle site from yesterday and feared a repeat of whatever had been going on. The school administration had given the students a free day which left Usagi, Makoto and me with an unexpected free morning that could have been spent on a much needed meeting. However, Rei and Minako were going to different schools and therefore didn't have our luck. Yes, for once I considered it luck because I was still tired from the effort of maintaining the barrier for Moon, Tuxedo Kamen and Venus yesterday.

Waking up this morning, I had been a little disorientated until I remembered that I was living with Makoto now… Yesterday evening I had even tried walking back home until my friend had reminded me, to my embarrassment, of the new arrangement. I had spent some time thinking about it with the new - or was this old? - set of memories now present and had come to the conclusion that this arrangement would probably be beneficial in the future. There was no parent or roommate to look out for when a distress call came in.

None of us was happy that we had to fight again but I tried not to think about it too much. That would lead to memories I wanted to better forget and none of them would help us at the moment. The mood had been somewhat strained when we parted ways yesterday. I think all of us had realized how severe the situation truly was. One or two Youma once in a couple of days was one thing, almost two dozen high class Youma at our first fight in over a year was another.

"Minako called in a meeting for this afternoon. We are all to meet at Crown Fruit Parlor." Good. I was puzzled though. "Why there?" I would have thought we would make a classic meeting at the Jinja. That was after all more secluded. "Beats me," Makoto answered, none the wiser.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Rei)

I was only half-listening to the teacher. That was not because the topic was boring or I had better things on my mind - I tried to not think of those other things for the moment. No, it was simply a lack of sleep and the resulting exhaustion that had settled into every muscle of my body. I did envy Makoto for her training since she obviously wasn't really winded from yesterday's strain and I was wondering what kind of "recharge" Minako had been getting to practically bounce back in no time from channeling colossal energies before winning a marathon run… It still made me suspicious, the way she had behaved yesterday, the mental shields as strong as I could only expect them from Grandfather. She had never shown such an ability before and I could not believe that someone could train this in less than half a year. No way.

So, after finally getting home, I was ready to sleep for two days straight, yet thoughts about all that had transpired the day had kept me awake long into the night. Not to mention that I had awoken before dawn and wasn't able to sleep anymore. Taking a meditative session had not helped or brought sufficient results from the fire reading at all.

Of course while the teachers could often do a remarkable job of ignoring an obviously tired student, that did not apply to the rest of the students. "You don't look too good. Are you sure that you shouldn't be in bed?" Hitomi asked. It had taken some time to find my friend, Naru and Umino later on but apparently they had all gotten away unharmed in the middle of the chaos breaking loose on the track course.

I frowned slightly at my friend. I might be tired, however, I was not unaware of the glances being directed my way all morning as if the other girl was searching for some hidden secret. A not so pleasant thought sent my mind reeling for a moment. Had Hitome seen us change? Her and Usagi's friends had all been close by when we changed. They had practically stood next to us. Yet Naru and Umino had acted as if nothing had happened… Then again Hitome was a very intelligent and sensitive girl. I always had the impression she had more than gotten her own fair share of experience of the darker side of this world.

"I'm alright," I finally answered after I noticed that my silence only increased her worry and that probing stare. "Just didn't get much sleep." Quickly thinking, I added: "Those things gave me some nightmares, I admit." Hitome nodded. "Yeah, tell me about it. I was worried than we got… separated." Again there was an odd tone in her voice but it was immediately gone when she switched over to some petty small talk as the bell rang, signaling the end of the period.

Excusing myself I went down the hallway and out into the open. Fresh October air assaulted my senses immediately and I briefed in the rich smell of the season of change. I chucked tiredly. Change, yes. A pretty big change. It would take some time to settle into the old routine of somehow merging normal life with that of a Senshi again. Unfortunately yesterday's action had proved that time was the one thing we probably would not have.

I closed my eyes briefly as I leaned against the old cherry blossoms tree that stood almost as high as the school building and a vision briefly flared in front of my mind's eyes. Standing atop a hill of snow and ice with a wailing, scared and sad Sailormoon clinging to me. Being held high by the last DD Girl. The hot searing pain as the last cleansing flame my Fire Soul attack would ever give consumed me… I tried to block out the images but they kept coming, merciless, branded into my mind. Kami, I never EVER want to go through all this again. Demo… A smiling Usagi replaced the series of tormenting memories. I can't let you go through all this again as well, Odango Atama.

A heavy sigh escaped from my lips. This wasn't fair. Not at all. I had a life. Ojiji was upping the drill of my training, school went into the final phase of Junior High School and even though I didn't need to take entry exams like the others, falling behind on the topics was something I didn't really desire. Now there was Senshi business too and that came with a full new load of problems. I hated to burden myself with all that worry, still, not only my duty as a Shinto miko but also my compassion for my friends did not help lessening the strain any. This was all happening so fast.

"Hello, Luna," I regarded the cat, perched in one of tree's many branches, concealed from normal view almost as good as a chameleon. It has to be mentioned to her credit that Luna did not fall out of the tree in surprise. "I have trained a lot with Jiji lately. You have to do better than that to stay hidden from me."

The black cat with the crescent moon on her forehead stepped into plain sight, slightly embarrassed. "We are all going to meet at Crown Fruit Parlor this afternoon around three if this is fine with you," she came to the point without exchanging pleasantries. I considered it for a moment and then nodded. "Why there though? Wouldn't it be safer to meet at the Jinja as usual?" Luna grimaced briefly, an act that wasn't lost on me, before answering. "That was what Makoto asked as well. Minako called in the meeting, so I imagine she has a reason…" Usagi's advisor trailed off under my intense gaze that had settled on her. "Nani?"

"What is going on here, Luna? Yesterday Minako was… different." That was one of those problems that got me heavily worried. "Yes, that thing with the Tear shocked me as well. There are a lot of things Artemis and Minako have refused to share with me after they came back from England during Summer break…"

"I don't mean that," I pressed on. "I tried to probe her mind briefly when we were on the astral plane. Luna, I have never seen such a sensitive reaction to a mind probe in my entire life. It was like burning my fingers in a pit of lava." I shuddered at remembering the experience. It was brief and gone before it really registered, however, the warning had stuck.

Whether or not, she didn't really know or didn't want to tell, the only thing Luna gave in reply was: "I suppose you find out later. Try not to be as judgmental as I have been though." And with that ominous statement hanging in the air she hoped away before I could stop her.

"What the hell was that all about?" I muttered, shaking my head. Making my way back, with even more questions spinning around in my mind, I nearly didn't see Hitome standing in the doorway. "There you are! Did you forget that you had a appointment with that agent in fifteen minutes?"

Kuso! I hate my life… Groaning, I slumped against the wall, wanting nothing more than to sleep for the next week or so. My life was getting much too complicated all of a sudden.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Makoto)

The path of a true martial artist is wrought with peril… Sensei would cringe at the hackneyed quote from his old man. Yet, in essence it was the truth. For him, my sensei, myself, every martial artist in the world. And it was that bland and yet simple quote that made me take this new change in stride. "Do never bend your will to fate, instead see it as a challenge" was my Sensei's modified version these days.

There really wasn't much to do about it. I had learned a lot of control over the past year, more than I ever thought I could manage. The new situation was just a change, a change like it occurs every then and when. Lately I had searched for this new challenge life and fate presented me with now, I had felt that there was more for me to do, an important task. Now I felt a wonderful clarity. I knew again, I knew what I had been born for.

I stepped into the lukewarm sun of mid-autumn, away from the cover the shadows of the trees provided. The other… woman stood casually leaned against a railing in this deserted area of a small park, not far from my apartment. Her features were definitely striking. The red, flaming hair, the lithe body, steeled through battle and formed into a deadly weapon. I could take all this in with a look and in turn felt her own eyes studying me. The wings from yesterday were gone and my enhanced senses could pick up the glamour on the pointed ears, suggesting to everyone not knowing about their true nature that there was nothing wrong about them.

"You scared Ami," I stated. The challenge letter had been brought to me by instant air mail. Well-aimed and with no danger of injuring anyone and yet it had made my new roommate jump. There was not much written. Just a "Meet me in twenty minutes". Our auras had drawn us too each other, making further words unnecessary. The elf truly looked apologetic for a moment. "I did not intend to. Still, if that is the state of your training, I am surprised you're still alive."

I narrowed my eyes at the otherworldly creature named Priapos. "And you are better than that, of course." Granted, none of then were at my level - or Venus' for that matter. But I had not seen her fight much either, which was due to the fact that the elf had first dropped in at the conclusion of the fight. I owed her my life, that much was clear, still that didn't mean that I would shrink back from a challenge. "Yes, I am," Priapos answered with a voice that didn't betray any form of overconfidence or scorn. "However, I do believe that you have more to show than your comrades. Do you accept my challenge?"

Used to taunting during a sparing session from my Sensei I was slightly taken aback by the formality but quickly gathered my resolve. This was a test. I had the feelings that the elf would soon be a frequent part of not only the team but especially our training program. She wanted to judge for herself how good anyone of us was. "Don't you usually take the best for last?" I quipped, hoping to draw a response out of her. Again that proofed futile when Priapos refused to take the bait. "I do. My sister and I usually spar in the evening." I didn't like the implications, yet had to admit that what Venus had shown yesterday was hard to copy, even for me.

"We will see. Bring it on," I replied and dropped into a loose fighting stance. Priapos did not move for a few seconds, however, before raising one hand and drawing a strange symbol in midair. "Indeed we will." And with that the world flared briefly before I found my eyes adjusting again to a beautiful scenario in the middle of a mountain range. Down below you could see a river crawl through the fertile land, a small, medieval village was on its shore. The mountain air was pure and filled with the clear smell that helped washing away all your sorrow and worries for the moment. All in all the perfect battleground. Vacant, remote and undisturbed.

"Impressive," I noted and without a further word rushed forward. I wasn't foolish enough to underestimate the elf. If she really was frequently training with Venus - and I didn't see a reason why she should lie about that -, holding back could result in severe consequence in battle, at least a lot of hurt pride while sparring. Priapos met my first probing, cautious attacks equally. What would have been already a cosmic battle to the normal observer was only a warm up for us. That initial phase was left behind quicker than usual though and soon I lost myself in the heat of the incredible dance that was a good fight.

Our bodies not more than blurs for the majority of the spar, I implied speed the human eye would deem impossible, surprisingly the elf matched every blow and I doubted that even in Senshi form it would have been enough. I did not dare to change though. Priapos wasn't using any magic as much as I could tell, it was an equal battle in Martial Arts. And I loved it.

I didn't have such a good all-out fight in ages and with my level of training there was hardly anyone in THIS part of Tokyo who could provide me with a decent spar. Apparently this was about to change.

(Minako)

The schoolyard was surprisingly tidy and free of the usual bustle of students filling out from the classes, rushing around or preparing to go home. Instead the train of people from all ages, kid to adult was a steady but almost clinical arrangement. There were no running children, no teenage girls bickering loudly over the latest rumor. Conversations were - if even present - quiet and barely reached anyone else's ears. The whole thing was simply put… eerie.

I had experienced private schools firsthand. Before we had moved to Tokyo I had had my own fair share of them but this was… Unnatural. Students and teachers alike seemed to almost behave like robots, their daily schedule planned for them down to the last microsecond. I believed that the studying atmosphere must be perfect but I asked myself where the compensation was in all this. Alright, I wasn't Ami but I believed… knew that even she needed to relax once in awhile.

Of course the general coldness and the unsettling aura the whole place emitted didn't really surprise me. I had sometimes come by when Hotaru had classes late into the afternoon. There wasn't really that much activity then. The lack of a higher level now was serving my opinion about this place and that I could more than understand and support that Hotaru wanted out of here. With all her problems back then, it had been an ideal place to hide in the masses. Quietness was to be expected, intellect wasn't frowned upon. But social life? Contacts? Barely any comparison to any other school. That she wouldn't find here.

I stopped at a corner, hearing muffled voices. Bits of "… heard you ran away again…" or "… is it true that you'll be going to a different school next year?" reached me and I could tell they were directed at my mate. I could sense Hotaru just around the corner and the echoes I received from the bond were varying from trepidation to annoyance.

"This is none of your business. Would you excuse me now, I have somewhere else to be." Tell them, Raven. I smiled to myself. Hotaru had become more and more confident in herself over the last months since the cleansing and it showed that she was really willing to do something for her new life. Still, a lot of this was a false front of bravery that was mostly there to put me at ease. As if she ever could hope to hide something from me. There was actual progress there, it was, however, slow and very fragile.

"Not so quickly, witch. You know we don't like people who are against the school and neither do students just leave. We are all part of a big community, have you forgotten the words of your own old man." Alright, I decided. Enough was enough. Introducing Hotaru to the group would be enough stress already. I was sure that she had wrecked her pretty little head all morning how to make a good first impression. Hotaru was a person who wanted to please everyone, it was deeply rooted in her nature and of course very much due to her upbringing.

Rounding the corner I leveled a calming smile at my nervous girlfriend and she instantly relaxed. I made an impressive show, stalking up to one of the older boys and picking him up at the rim of his shirt. "Is this a way to treat a fellow student? Is this in your school arrangements? I believe not. Now if you would be so kind to let the lady here pass?" The boy's struggles were fruitless against my strength that not only was Senshi-benefited but also finely honed over the last month through frequent training periods with my kin sister.

"What's your problem, tramp? You don't belong to this school and this is private territory. So I'd advise you to leave…" I squeezed a little at the nape of his neck. So, he felt like being the confident one? Fine with me. He could have his ego crushed, not my problem. Hotaru by now had quietly slipped around the rest of the boys who were watching in unbelieving fascination. "What did you call me?" The still struggling boy made some gurgling noises and I released the hold on him a little. "Well?" I said quietly but loud enough for his friends to hear while turning him around and leaning close to his face. An expression of fear rushed over the boy's face and he stuttered out his answer quickly. "No-Nothing at all, Miss."

I nodded. "Good." With a thud and maybe a little too much force than actual necessary I set him down, he immediately scrambled into the circle of his friends who were backing away now. "Now you will listen and listen carefully. If I hear anyone and I mean ANYONE ever harassing my girlfriend ever again, then you will regret it. And if you think about threatening her, that is totally futile, I have my ways to find out." With a look I implied that those methods weren't actually pleasant even if I was merely referring to our link.

Grabbing Hotaru's hand I turned to go. "If you excuse us now. As Raven already said. We have somewhere else to be." Suddenly feeling bolt I leaned down for a brief kiss which for some reason turned more into those "swept me off my feet" ones. Hotaru visibly trembled when I was finished and lead her away from the thugs who were stunned into silence, gaping after us.

Only then we were some distance away from Mugen Gakuen did Hotaru finally break her silence. She was still blushing madly though. "I… I don't believe you! That was so…" she paused briefly and I feared that I had overdone it, maybe completely wrecked her reputation. "… absolutely cool!" she finished with a smirk to my complete and utter surprise. Hotaru glanced back at the school and shook her head. "I wish I had a camera."

I blinked. She must really hate that school. No wonder that she wants out. A fresh start at a new school with all of us to support her… Hopefully with all of us to support her, I was sure Hotaru would do much better and find her own friends soon. Answering her smirk with one of my own, I put an arm around her shoulders to enforce my following statement. "Nobody messes with my girl."

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Usagi)

Okay… That went extremely well. Okaasan had chewed me out where I was last night. Despite calling and saying I'd stay over with Makoto - knowing she would vouch for me without asking, I had the feeling that she looked right through it. A good thing that neither Shingo or Otousan were here or I would have never gotten upstairs. I needed a shower and some fresh clothes badly.

We had forgotten the time this morning over breakfast, just talking. That had been relaxing and it helped diverting from all those other problems that came with the re-rediscovery of our love and the whole complicated situation. Therefore I had to jump into my clothes when I finally realized that I would be late for school since I had to come over and get my things. I was already well on my way when Mako called and let me know school was off for today…

One good thing was that Okaasan hadn't inquired anything about the date. Thankfully. Otherwise I was sure that I would have let something slip. "The Baka will really get me into trouble one day," I stated half-serious. It was worth it though. We could be together now, without any pressure, kingdoms or laws to worry about. Now if there just wasn't that new enemy again… I didn't want to lose Mamoru/Endymion anymore. That last time had been enough, I couldn't bear another time. He and my friends were the most precious thing in my life and seeing them all die… Kami, it had torn my heart right out there and then. Until this moment I still hadn't figured out how I could have pulled through until the end.

As the hot water hit my body I immediately felt my muscles relax. Yes, sleeping on the couch with Mamoru had been pleasant and welcomed - even if honestly not planned - but the pleasant aspect didn't really apply to the crumbled position. Additionally I had some problems with dreams haunting me throughout the night, one reason why I was up rather early for my usual standard. Surprisingly - or maybe even not so - the dreams had not been about me as much as they had been about Minako and that unfamiliar girl.

What really got to me that every time I saw them my heart seemed to tear and leap with joy at the same time, overcome by such a strange familiarity that I almost thought I was one of them and Mamoru the other. Maybe it was an aftereffect from the channeling yesterday but I did not see how the other girl fitted into this. At one point I even had a totally embarrassing and quite farfetched dream of them doing… things. That had been the final straw that prevented me from sleeping again.

The steady stream of water washed away most of the physical strain and exhaustion but my mind was still a blur, laced with worry about yesterday's attempts. I wanted to loath at Okaasan for unsealing our memories, however, otherwise we would all have been dead yesterday and Minako would probably have gone out all alone in a vain attempt to stop all of them, getting herself killed in the process. I wished I could have helped more. Everything I did was focusing the power stream, it had been my friend taking most of the risk. And that left me feeling unimportant, inadequate… Wasn't I supposed to protect them? Wasn't I supposed to be the one finishing off the Youma and save the day?

It wasn't as much that I wanted that spotlight. I could very well do without any of it actually. But since I had not much choice in that matter I wanted at least to be able to help my friends. Seeing Venus and Jupiter's incredible fighting style yesterday and Mars still being able to at least hold her ground had put me off more than I allowed myself to think about. I knew I wasn't the physical strongest or skilled and as the Princess I assume that it was never meant for me to be a fighter at all. Still, I had done nothing other than watch and follow along with Minako's plan, focusing the power SHE provided with visible effort. My friend had nearly overdone it and that was just because I couldn't do anything. How good was a single tiara against a cascade of Youma anyway?

Sighing heavily I tried to block out those unpleasant thoughts but failed yet again. Why did this all have to happen? And why so fast and so much at once? A complete insensitive baka could have sensed the tension in the air yesterday. The fact that we had all grown up over the years and were much more matured also pretty much meant that our lives had taken on a relative sense of order. A peaceful tranquility that had been rudely shattered and I feared that this could affect the relationship my friends and I had before the D-Point fiasco. I feared that they didn't want to be Senshi anymore. And in the current situation this could be our downfall.

The situation was grim. I was no fool to think that we had gotten off easy yesterday. This was an attack of a magnitude that Beryl had never launched on us since the last battle on the Moon. The worst we had to face were the DD Girls and that turned out so incredible well… Yes, we had won yesterday but if Minako hadn't had her ace… I didn't even want to follow that line of thought. Someone wanted us dead. US. Before that we had only always been a hassle to the Dark Kingdom's plans. Now there was no doubt that we had been the target.

But above all… I feared that I didn't have the strength to be a Senshi again myself.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Luna)

I couldn't believe I broke down in front of Artemis. This was so embarrassing and certainly not a thing a lady should do. My training had screamed at me not to but I couldn't help it. All my life I had trained to be strong, a wise advisor, often even giving people orders. Artemis always had been so unlike me and it used to aggravate me to no end. For some strange reason he had been obsessed with me from the beginning. Not really in a bad, just an annoying fashion. In my youth he had often snug up to my quarters or dragged me away from my teachers. As much as I hated to admit it I had loved those short hours of freedom, of just being me.

Maybe that was why I could not hold back. I really hated myself sometimes. For what I had become, what becoming an advisor had done to me. And more than once I wished that my family back on our home planet hadn't been royal. Artemis' kin wasn't poor either but he did not have to deal with obligations. He had always cherished the freedom I just could not entertain. I had sworn myself that after I became an official advisor I would do it totally different. I would give them a certain space and all those things I had always yearned for. What a grand progress I had made from the freshling that had been sent to the Moon with all the multitude of hopes of the young to the cat stranded on Earth with fragmental memories of her old life trying to save a bunch of kids from themselves.

Sometimes I really believed I failed them. I had not been able to prevent their fate from catching up to them, I had not been able to hold true to my charge's wish. In fact I had not been able to give them the freedom I had always wanted and swore myself to pass onto my students. It was a conflict that would leave me always guilty. Which way I decided to take, it would always have consequences that seemed to high for the outcome. I had tried the way of the heart and failed. Now I only had the way left that had been taught to me. Prepare them for what is to come. Even if they hate you for it, your own feelings don't matter, only their survival. I hated it, I hated me for it. But I didn't want to see them die again. Not one more time.

"Hey, beautiful. Didn't I say I want none of that solemn attitude?" Artemis plopped down beside me on the low roof on of the building along the main shopping street of Azabu-Juuban. Our date so far had consisted of doing totally crazy things like in our youth. Running through deserted alleyways, Artemis snagging a bite from a kitchen and then running away from infuriated chefs… This sort of thing. It had felt good and been good for my psyche but now, apparently, it had gotten me thinking.

"Just thinking about the old times… It had been so simple then." My companion sobered instantly, his look faraway now. "Yeah. Young and free, wild and full of dreams," he mused, shaking his head in quiet amusement. "We were pretty naïve," I added but instantly regretted it. Did I really forget how to have a good time without constantly worrying about the next social event or like now the next move of an unknown enemy?

Surprisingly Artemis just looked at me for a moment, his eyes showing a hidden sadness but also a little guilt. Guilt? "No, not naïve, Luna. Just free of expectations and rules." After a short while he added: "Never think the girls don't appreciate what you do for them. Without you they wouldn't have even reached Beryl and all of Earth would now be Metallia's territory. They would be lost without you, you know that. And that new enemy is not your fault."

His forwardness and serious expression took me a little off guard and once again I was reminded why despite everything I trusted the baka. Why I knew I could tell him everything or maybe just needed to look at him and he would know. We knew each other so well. Grown up together, there never had been many secrets before. Maybe that was why I had reacted so badly to Hotaru and the whole situation at first. They were holding secrets from me, okay. I could live with that. But Artemis was holding secrets from me too. And that was something I didn't encounter often. I knew with absolute certainty that if it was essential for the current situation he would share this with me, I could tell it was eating him from the inside, and still I could not help but feel a little left out…

Stop that now or you're going to end up in a mental hospital for cats… No wait, they didn't have them here. This time's methods were a little bit more… barbaric. And we wouldn't want that, right? "Arigato, Artemis." I smiled at him softly, noticing his gaze now more gently resting on me. I was glad that he was here. I didn't think I would have been sane enough after a couple of weeks to guide the whole group. Mother and father probably wouldn't approve but the baka was worth something after all. And above all he was a good and loyal friend. I trusted him. He would tell me when the time was right.

"No problem. That's what I'm here for." His goofy smile was often annoying and kind of macho-like now it was simply infectious. I grinned back at him. "You really believe yourself to be the answer of every girl's problems are you?" The smirk still firmly in place, Artemis' eyes twinkled mischievously. "Well," he drawled out the word, "I recall a certain young lady once asking me about some VERY private…"

"Artemis!" I shrieked and lunged at him in mock anger, to some degree mocking at least. The white cat had anticipated the move and was already on top of the adjoining building, winking at me. I glared and my eyes narrowed. "Oh. You will regret this," I mumbled and jumped after him. The chase was on.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Minako)

Crown Fruit Parlor around this time was a busy place. Almost all booths were filled and if you didn't have your own one reserved it was a pain to get one for a whole group of people. Thankfully I knew the owner's daughter, so actually reserving one in advance wasn't a problem. We had deliberately chosen to be late for the meeting although I had called it in. This would have to go smoothly. The tension in the group was already evident. I didn't really fear the others' reactions, there would have to be some serious mistrust that it would affect our relationship. I did, however, value my friends' opinions. Very much.

Stepping into the café, I squeezed Hotaru's hand and guided us through the masses of people to a table in the far corner. As expected they were already there. All of them, even Usagi. I made brief eye contact with Artemis to gauge the general mood. Upon simply receiving a curt nod I frowned but continued onwards anyway. It was to no surprise that Rei spotted us first and as her eyes narrowed I could feel a small tingle of doubt flash through the bond. Geez, Rei, you have to get over that attitude or you might really make yourself an enemy that you can't deal with one day.

Hardening my resolve I lead Hotaru, who had retreated into shy and nervous mode, the last meters to the table. "Hey, minna. Gomen, I know I'm late." I made a hand gesture for Usagi to make a little space for me and Hotaru which she promptly did… by almost moving on Mamoru's lap, much to his embarrassment. None of the other's paid that much mind though.

"Um, Minako. I thought we were here to discuss… those other private things," Ami said, her voice dropping to a near-whisper with a curious glance at Hotaru. Makoto just raised an eyebrow but Rei all but glared at both of us. Usagi on the other hand was staring in… shock? Surprise? Recognition? Shimata, the bonding yesterday, she must have gotten glimpses from me and Raven. As Usagi finally noticed my gaze on her, she seemed to snap out of her trance. "Now, now. Is this a way to make a first impression on Mina-chan's friend here. Please sit down, um…"

I chuckled, faking nervousness. "Oh, gomen. Minna-san, this is Tomoe Hotaru and don't worry she knows about…" I gave them a tale telling look. "… those things." The reactions on this revelations of course were more or less unanimous here. It was just Rei who expressed everyone's shock in a dramatic show of nearly knocking the table over while jumping up and glaring daggers at me… us. "NANI? Minako how could you? From you I had expected a little more…" Man, she was pissed today. Obviously her school day hadn't been as uneventful as mine. I would have to be a little bit more careful with the actual revelation than expected.

Fortunately someone decided to interrupt just then, clearing her throat. "Onegai, don't raise your voice in here, the other customers want to eat in peace. If it can't wait, please take this argument outside." I glanced up at the brunette with the extravagant hairstyle and smiled pleasantly. "No need for that, Unazuki-san. Just a little misunderstanding. Right, Rei-chan." I directed a look at the hot-tempered miko that clearly stated that she'd better let me explain before jumping to conclusions next time. The raven-haired girl glowered at me for a moment, then just bowed apologetic to Unazuki and sat down with a huff.

Motoki's little sister - though I doubted anyone even knew that - asked if my friend's wanted another drink and finally turning to us she asked with a smirk. "The usual for you and your girlfriend?" I groaned, wondering there the subtle approach I had all planned out beforehand had suddenly went off to. Hotaru confirmed the order since I was to busy fending off questionings glares. Rei grumbled something under her breath while Usagi nearly choked on her drink. Artemis just sighed and Luna shook her head.

Against any expectations an uncomfortable silence suddenly settled over the table. I could feel Hotaru shift next to me and unconsciously wrapped an arm around her shoulders, which of course only managed to further drew attention to us. While most of it was curiosity and disbelief, the most animosity came from Rei. It wasn't anger as before but a deep suspicion, trying to literally burn away all our shields and see what this really was about. With not so much as a thought I tightened my mental defenses.

After a small eternity it was Makoto of all people with the most unexpected of reactions. While I knew in advance that she was the last who would fall for prejudices, I didn't quite anticipate that sort of reaction. Leaning over from her position between Ami and Rei I was unprepared when she suddenly patted me on the shoulder with a smirk and a mischievous twinkle in her eyes. Bursting out into a sudden bellow of laughter, the tall brunette exclaimed: "Now I expected a lot today but even though your sister dropped some hints, I must say… Mina-chan, who would have thought you changing teams! You of all people!" Turning to Hotaru she plastered one of her brightest smiles on her face. "You must really be special to her, Hotaru-chan was it, yes? I didn't think anyone could get one of us away from chasing boys."

I was still dazed from the strange reaction from Makoto but looking around I could see that I wasn't the only one present who was taken aback by our friend's open acceptance. Whatever training Makoto had received, her teacher must have been a good moral influence as well. I didn't quite realize that that particular statement would get me some odd looks from people I didn't know…

Ami was trying not to blush and looked down on the table, Rei was obviously torn between gaping in disbelief at Makoto and glowering at us, Mamoru looked… thoughtful as if he was trying to figure something out and Usagi… Usagi was smiling softly at us. While this in itself was expected I knew there was more behind that from that first time my Princess had laid eyes on Hotaru she had known… something. I didn't know how much but I made a mental note to question her later about it.

Apropos questioning, seeing that Rei was once again in the mood for just that, I heaved an exaggerated sigh and prepared to launch into our tale. As much as we wanted everyone to know at least.

(Rei)

This was just great. How could someone be so impossible careless? And Minako no less. Back when we fought the Dark Kingdom I had to constantly be careful around the Jinja, so that neither Jiji or Yuuichiro noticed anything. We had often met there and I had not once let anything slip. Anything safe the incident with the Shadow had never come close to reveal our secret. And Minako just went, got herself a girlfriend - a GIRLFRIEND - and told her all about us. She was supposed to be our leader, the most responsible one. How could she endanger the life of all of us so easily. I…

My mental rant was brought to a halt when Makoto suddenly perked up and actually tried to make fun of the whole situation. What was wrong with that girl? And the girlfriend issue is not THAT important as the other one, couldn't she see this? Or did she just want to ignore it? My nerves were already quite strained from the morning events and that just the last straw. I looked around, trying to gauge the reactions of the others. Ami seemed rather neutral while Usagi almost seemed as if she had already known. A fact that made me even more edgy. I might act often that I stood above things but it DID interest me what was going on. Yet, judging from her more curious expression, I believed that it might not have been more than an assumption or an aftereffect of yesterday's channeling. Mamoru seemed to be thoughtful as well but not really surprised either.

I shifted my attention back to the duo. Minako seemed only the slightest bit nervous though that could only be a very good front for the dark-haired girl that was shifting uneasily where she was sitting next to the blonde. This was a development I had not quite expected. Even with Luna's ominous warning. A girl. Another girl of all the things. I was not the type of person to be judgmental about such things as preferences but believed that Minako had no idea what she was setting herself up for. This could very likely and very quickly end in heartbreak, a lot of tears and much disappointment. What she might have thought was something exciting and exquisite could very well turn into a nightmare. While I would never dare to make the choices in preferences for her, I knew what society could do to you. More than anyone present here could guess.

I was about to say something, then Minako took up the explanation herself. I listened carefully trying to find anything suspicious in her tale while I watched the two closely. Despite her current nervousness Tomoe Hotaru was not an ordinary girl. I was almost a hundred percent certain that the spiritual cord I had felt from Minako yesterday was hers. No one should be able to achieve such a heighten state of bonding so quickly. At least no ordinary human with a Senshi.

"We met the first time about four months ago." Minako paused momentarily to look at Hotaru with a fond smile. "I had just been dumped by my latest boyfriend. That had lasted longer than usual and I really had thought Hiroshi and I would work…" She trailed off and before I could bite back the remark it had already slipped from my lips. "Let me guess, you told him what you really were and he ran?" Minako narrowed her eyes at me but it was surprisingly Usagi who interjected: "That is quite enough, Rei. Would you let her explain, yes?" For a brief moment I wanted to retort as I often did; this was not like our usual squabbles though. One look at my Princess told me that this hadn't been a request but an order. With a huff I sat back.

"No, Rei. If you would like to think rationally for a moment. I hadn't even been awake then. That was solely Hotaru's doing." Alright, I did feel a little dumb for that remark but… NANI? Everyone's attention was briefly drawn to the shy girl next to Minako at that last comment. "Hotaru is to a degree spiritual gifted. She…" Minako paused and I could practically HEAR her mentally communicating with her girlfriend. It wasn't telepathy that much I could tell, more like a series of emotions. It was Hotaru who decided to give the answer personally. The first thing she actually said since sitting down.

"I have a latent gift in healing. I believe I have it from my mother. When I met Minako this evening I was surprised that someone could be even more miserable than I was at this time. I… am not really popular at school to say it nicely and up to this time I was really sick too." Hotaru's voice was soft and you had to strain to hear it. It had a faraway touch, yet there was no actual hesitation in it. "I wanted to help her, for some reason I knew that I needed to help her. What exactly I did I was not sure but somehow I think I healed her soul."

Healing one's soul? That was impossible. Maybe she lessened her pain but did not heal her soul. I doubted it was meant literal but what… Oh! Great. Hotaru apparently DID heal her soul indeed. This is just a matter of how you look at it. You didn't have to be a genius to figure out that she accidentally broke Usagi's memory seal and in the state Minako must have been after a breakup that, in a way, must have given her some salvation.

Looking closer at the girl and cautious of the bond trying to probe deeper beneath the surface, I could tell that what Minako said was true. Hotaru did have some kind of spiritual power, even coming close to my own ability. There was something else though but it was hidden and protected. Trained eyes spotted the pendant around the girl's neck which only helped to further fuel my suspicion.

I wonder if you really know her as well as you possibly think you do, I thought silently to myself. This Hotaru was a secret to me, I could not find anything that actually confirmed any suspicion. No, then you looked at her you could only find neutrality. And that was the same thing you found when you looked at the spirit of a Senshi.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Makoto)

I listened curiously at the story of the two. To say I was less shocked than the others that Minako apparently had shared her and our secret with the raven-haired girl would be lying. Instead of really be furious, like Rei obviously was at the moment, I was more interested in what a person this Hotaru had to be like to invoke so much trust in my friend. Minako usually was one to NOT take Senshi business lightly.

"Did she find out about you being Venus then," Rei asked, phrasing her question carefully, a bit to carefully for my taste and completely ignoring Hotaru. I could tell that Rei was stressed but this really was not a way to treat the poor girl. Believe me I recognize a social outcast when I see one. And this one had to go through a lot more if my instinct didn't betray me now.

"Iie," Minako answered calmly, sharing a look with Hotaru. "That was more or less the funny thing. I had hid the moment the memories came back. Ironically we met a week later in England again. I saved her from a Youma and she somehow saw through the guise and glamour." Rei narrowed her eyes and I blinked. As much as I knew that wasn't possible. Though… I had not thought it possible to read chi patterns and manifest them until recently either.

"We haven't figured out how," Hotaru continued, "maybe it was my close contact with Aino-chan's spirit and soul." I raised an eyebrow at the nickname and Minako, catching on to my amusement, blushed slightly. "Anyway," the blonde quickly continued. "To our surprise that we would not only be staying in the same town but apparently were sharing the same house…" THAT made even me suspicious. A bit too many coincidence here, right?

Minako looked around and shrugged. "Yeah, I know what you are thinking. We have no clue either. I would bet though," Minako directed a stare at Usagi who was unusually quiet about all of this, "that your mother had something to do with this. It was just too coincidentally." Usagi gave a slight nod but otherwise stayed silent. I could have sworn there had been some sort of silent conversation between the two but could not imagine what it was about. Had our Princess known in advance?

Facing the rest again the two finished their explanation. It had gone pretty much by itself. They had encountered a few more Youma and discovered that there was some sort of mystical connection between them that allowed them to share energy first through… ah, physical contact and recently more and more spiritual as well. The growing connection quickly influenced their feelings and it didn't take long for them to acknowledge the growing love between them. It was a meeting of kindred souls. A meeting of two people who better understood than anyone else what the other was going through. They did not say as much but you could read it between the lines, in the subtle gestures and touches, the exchanged looks. They shared about everything and in my eyes this was simply beautiful.

Rei's suspicious stare though was growing sharper with every word and I could not deny that the tale about Hotaru's abduction by one of Sailor V's old enemies - as Minako put it - was rather short and only telling the most basic information. There was a lot more to it. Especially the rescue part troubled me. I had caught the shift in Minako's chi for a moment when she related HER victory and was fortunate enough to catch Artemis' expression briefly changing. They were hiding something. Which of course was only further venom to fuel Rei's foul mood.

Fortunate or not - depends on how you look at it - any further discussion and the actual planned strategy meeting was cut short rudely. My senses flared with the noise of a gong and so I was already in motion when Minako suddenly called out a warning, pulling Hotaru down. Ami and Rei were not directly in the line of fire and able to react quickly enough than the window suddenly shattered under a blazing blast of energy. Usagi and Mamoru weren't that lucky and it was a miracle they didn't lose their heads in the process.

The dark-haired student grunted in pain as some of the glass splinters dug into his back and for a moment I saw a horrible dejá vu moment play over Usagi's face as her boyfriend shielded her from the worst. We had all shared Usagi's last experiences and the fight with Beryl, so I could tell what she was thinking. But compared to magical blasts this wouldn't be lethal. We were made of sterner stuff and I knew the Prince was too. He had to be.

I was up and in a fighting stance the moment the blast shot over us and the Fruit Parlor erupted into screaming. To my surprise it wasn't Minako but Rei who was first out of the window, cursing something along the lines of: "Just what I need!" or something like that. Our blonde leader emerged a second later, making sure that Hotaru was alright, while Usagi was still fretting over Mamoru who tried to reassure her that it wasn't that bad. Out in the street I spotted movement at the entrance of an alleyway that Rei was moving towards to. A moment later both the obvious Youma and the miko vanished from sight, followed by a pronounced flash of red, indicating that Sailormars had entered the scene.

"She could have waited for us. What's her problem today anyway?" Minako asked, watching with a slowly rising and bubbling rage as Mars came sailing out of the alley, followed by another figure that I couldn't quite make out from my position. "I think she's just stressed." Shooting a glance at Hotaru - who was taking that exceptionally well, considering we had all been nearly grilled by a sneak attack - I tried to smile reassuringly. "She'll get over it. Rei is actually a sweet girl, I think you guys just caught her in a bad mood." Yeah, a REALLY foul mood that is. Mars was throwing everything she had at the Youma now who seemed to almost mock her with evading most of them, while the rest seemed to harmlessly bounce of it's skin/armor.

"Shouldn't we help her?" I asked, fetching my henshin wand from my subspace pocket. Looking around we noticed that the Fruit Parlor had emptied itself rather quickly. And in the mass panic nobody seemed to have noticed we were still here. Even the younger girl who Minako had addressed as Unazuki seemed to be swapped away in the rush… Oh well. Better for us, I supposed.

"Right. Hotaru see if you can do something about Mamoru-san's wounds. Everyone else, let us go help Mars. I, for my part, am not pleased about being attacked so cowardly." I had to agree there. Hotaru moved over to inspect Mamoru's back while Usagi reluctantly joined Ami, Minako and me.

"VENUS STAR POWER…"

"JUPITER STAR POWER…"

"MERCURY STAR POWER…"

"MOON CRYSTAL POWER…"

"MAKE UP!"

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Venus)

"SUPREME THUNDER!"

"CRESCENT BEAM!"

Only seconds after the combined lightning energy beam crashed into the Youma we were already on it, diverting its attention away from a dazed but still seething Mars. The creature was as unsuspecting as they can get. The skin a pale gray that in bright daylight should blend well with both light and shadowy places, pronounced limbs and all in all more human-like than a lot of the others we had encountered. It's head was bald but the face was covered by a lens that seemed pretty much mechanical.

I had to cut my observation short when the Youma whirled around, surprisingly unimpressed by the double attack that had hit dead on. Dodging a swing, I received an attack in the side that sent me sprawling while Jupiter was momentarily left alone. A whizzing sound cut through the air and as I looked up I saw the Youma narrowly avoiding a direct hit by Moon's tiara, instead the disc just cut open a wound in the left shoulder before returning to its wielder.

"Trying to kill unsuspecting people is the way of a coward! We will not stand for you endangering the lives of so many innocent! Ai to seign no! Sailor-fuku bishoujo senshi Sailormoon! Tsuki ni kawatte, oshioki yo!" Mars who had recovered slightly, commented dryly: "I don't think it cares much if that attack was cowardly or not." I had to agree with her there. Yesterday's attack had already shown that this enemy seemed to be aware of the danger we presented and were hell-bent on getting us out of the way. The Youma regarded Moon for a moment and you could actually see the eye lens flashing with activity. Before any of us could really react the Youma thrust out his arm, palm outstretched and leveled a blinding energy beam at Moon.

"Princess!" I cried out, watching with horror as the attack struck. At the last possible moment where was a flash of black and white, accompanied by an almost instantly disintegrated red rose, moments later two bodies went flying. I glanced over at the parlor and saw Hotaru worriedly watching the exchange with the cats beside her. Tuxedo Kamen seemed to have taken most of the blast but his cape obviously had provided him with enough protection to at least survive it. Moon was not really hurt, only dazed and slightly disorientated.

I turned back to the Youma and narrowed my eyes. Before I could launch into an attack of my own, Mars had already beaten me to it. "You pay for that! FIRE SOUL… BIRD!" One of her ofudas absorbed a Fire Soul and transformed into a fiery phoenix. The Youma seemed to be puzzled for a moment but quickly adjusted to the incoming attack. My eyes opened wide as the Youma seemed to form a mirror-like shield and angled it so that…

"Ack! EVERYONE DOWN!" Following my own advise I hit the ground as the fiery bird suddenly rushed over our heads, deflected by the mirror. This was not good. This thing seemed to be clever and had a defense to Mars' attacks. Were it only Mars' attacks. I doubted that somehow, thinking back on Jupiter's and my initial strike. Time to test that theory…

With a hand signal I told Jupiter to stay put and jumped into the air. Curling my body into a ball I passed over the Youma and turned still in mid-flight. "VENUS LOVE-ME CHAIN!" Months of training had helped me to control the chain as if it was an extension of my arm and so I was able to wrapp it around the gray-skinned Youma. "Now!" I called out but Jupiter had already powered up for an attack. "SPARKLING WIDE PRESSURE!" A thin but concentrated disc of lightning left her hand like a torpedo. Mars followed with her own new attack. "BURNING MANDALA!" Fire and lightning struck the Youma.

Landing on my feet I discarded the chain for a follow-up strike. However, I never came to it as a massive tremble suddenly rocked the earth beneath our feet and I was forced to jump clear again. Jupiter and Mars were caught by surprise though. A lightning bolt came out of the cloud of smoke our attacks had left and sent Mercury flying. Moon was still worriedly kneeling next to Tuxedo Kamen. I spared a brief glance in the direction of the parlor but saw that no damage was done.

Cursing under my breath, I reached into my subspace pocket and drew the Venus Tear out. I had been reluctant to use it so soon again. Yesterday's effort was straining enough but it seemed I was the only one left standing at the moment. "Alright, time to play it hard." The crystal teardrop flared brightly when its shape shifted and reformed in four blades arranged in a cross-like fashion.

Let us see how you deal with that. The Youma by now had successfully shown that it seemed to have counters for all our attacks and those that it obviously didn't know it had adapted to fairly quickly. Maybe it was time for more physical contact now. Letting out a battle cry I called upon every reserve I could muster and moved in with a speed and agility that took the Youma aback for a moment. It recovered quickly though and formed a blade of its own by transforming the right arm, limb, whatever…

Trying a few swings, I rolled under one more and kicked up my feet while still in motion. I whirled around and leveled the Tear at the Youma. "CRESCENT BEAM!" This time the Youma was not quick enough to adept to the power-charged attack and it carried him a short distance before, to my growing annoyance, it flipped around and landed back on its two feet, seemingly not winded at all. This was quickly becoming frustrating.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Mercury)

My body protested with agonizing pain as I tried to push myself up. That attack had come so quickly I had barely registered it with my visor and the smoke had provided that extra moment for its success. I felt like I had ran headfirst into a live wire and my mind was fuzzy. Not a good situation for someone who relayed heavily on their intelligence.

Venus had engaged the Youma in close combat now, wielding a strange energy weapon with four blazing blades of light arranged a small round object like a cross… I gasped slightly as I recognized it as the Venus Tear our blonde leader had used in yesterday's fight. Until now I had assumed that there were only superficial differences between the Tear and the Ginsishou. Now I realized how wrong I had been. The Tear was obviously much more a weapon than the Silver Crystal who always had been more a focus and an amplifier. Watching critically I noted that Venus' attacks had doubled, maybe even tripled in power but it also took a lot of energy from the wielder. No safeguards. I frowned as my data showed that by now any regulation that might have been there should have kicked in. Venus was tiring quickly but continued to drain her reserves more and more.

I have to find some weakness, there must be a weakness. Pulling out the Mercury Computer I began furiously typing, transferring the information from the fight and trying to find a weakness on its basis. The Youma seemed to be invulnerable to our elemental attacks. Even combined powers seemed to be of no greater use. But Moon had gotten a hit in. Why had Moon's Tiara hurt it, even if only slightly?

Mars and Jupiter had regained footage again and were now trying to assist Venus which gave our leader time to fall back and gather her breath. For a moment I felt a pang of regret at just standing here. But the three had shown that in close combat Moon and I were years behind them and would only be in the way. They needed me to find a weakness.

I looked over at Moon who watched the whole thing with a growing depression. She had to feel awful, I realized. Usually it had always been her who ultimately brought the victory. Her tiara had barely scratched it. And still it had penetrated the armor. Why? Was it that this attack was more light magic? No, Venus' powers were similar and the best she managed was staggering the Youma. So why…? What if it is not our elements per se, just the attacks… But even the newer ones that we just developed had be quickly adapted to. So it couldn't be that. And Moon had her tiara attack since the beginning so…

Since the beginning? I narrowed my eyes as Venus managed to slash through the Youma's skin. What were we dealing with here again? Dark Kingdom agents. With a possibility they could be totally unrelated to Beryl's group. They could have just risen. They would have no knowledge about the Senshi's activities in this time. However, they would have a recollection of what we were in the Silver Millennium.

"Aha!" I shouted triumphantly. Now how to use that to our advantage? Snapping my computer shut, I quickly called up my power. "SHABON SPRAY!" Almost instantly a thick mist covered the area. Venus, Mars and Jupiter did not need to be specifically told that this was a good opportunity to regroup. A few moments later they were next to me.

"Found something?" Venus asked, slightly out of breath. "Maybe. Listen I believe this thing is filled with data of our powers but instead of our activities in this time, it's based on our Silver Millennium identities." Mars scrunched up her face. "How can you be sure? And how would that help us?" Jupiter and Venus also seemed skeptical. "For once," I said, "the Tear seems to hurt it and so did Moon's tiara. Both haven't been around when we were still living in the Moon Kingdom. There was no Sailormoon and the Venus Tear was a myth."

Venus put a hand under her chin. "Hmm. That seems logical. That means we have to do things that are different from what we were capable of in the Past." Leave it to Venus for battle strategies. Mars started to make a remark but Jupiter rather loudly smacked her fist in her palm. "Alright. We all have benefited somewhat from individual training. Let's concentrate on that." For a moment Mars regarded the taller Senshi dubiously, then a slow, grim smile formed on her lips. "Right."

The mist by now had more or less cleared away. The three Senshi were just about to set their new battle plan into motion when the Youma suddenly was all over us. In my excitement over finding a possible strategy that could actually be working, I had totally forgotten that if the Youma and its equipment was meant to counteract our known strengths, it must have had a method to penetrate my fog... That realization came a little too late.

"Kuso!" Jupiter mumbled and the next thing I knew I was pushed out of the way. Rolling with the fall the scream of my team- and new roommate, let me whirl around instantly. Jupiter had taken the blast that had been for me directly into the stomach and was now bent over, coughing violently. The Youma moved to follow through with the killing blow while Venus and Mars were unable to react quickly enough.

Anger and desperation mixed inside of me at the sight of the tall brunette who had so willingly let me stay with her, forming a deep cold flame. "SHINE AQUA ILLUSION!" The gust of water caught the Youma, totally focused on the downed opponent totally off guard and managed to freeze the limb with the blade instantly.

A rush of wind was the only thing that gave me a hint of the new arrival. You had to give it to the Youma. It was able to dodge the powerful, quick and yet accurate swing from the energy blade wielded by one angry elf. It lost it's arm though. Priapos had just joined the battle. "Really, you guys need some serious training." Further comments were prevented as the Youma simply regenerated its lost limb. The elf shook her head. "Great. It's one of those things. I thought they were extinct ever since the Silence took over Mercury."

Mercury? I blinked. What does this have to do with my mother planet. Did they originate there? I couldn't remember and once more I cursed our lack of a proper recollection from our past. For some reason I felt like I SHOULD know the answer. There was this nagging feeling that the elf's comment was more important than intended. I just couldn't tell why.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Moon)

I felt so helpless. Helpless and indecisive. Torn between tending to Tuxedo Kamen who had bravely taken a deadly blast that had been aimed at me and helping my Senshi. Even though I could tell Mamoru wasn't mortally wounded, I wondered what could I do to help my friends? That Mercury wasn't actively participating until now when the Youma had scattered their formation was understandable. She was not so much a fighter as she was a thinker. But I? I was Sailormoon, their Princess, their strongest, their FRIEND. So why was I sitting here, telling myself I just wanted to make sure my boyfriend was safe? Makoto had almost been killed there, hadn't it been for Mercury pulling out her new attack and Minako's elfin sister entering the battle…

A tear slid down my cheek. Earlier I had asked myself if I had the heart to be a Senshi again. If I truly wanted all that responsibility and the sacrifices coming with it. This was no fairytale, no wondrous story about the hero and heroine saving the world and live happily ever after. This was reality. A reality in which our enemy had almost succeeded in driving a knife right into our unsuspecting back. And although we survived that attack, would we survive the following struggle. Last time my Senshi had died, in front of my eyes. Mamoru had given his life for mine and I had given mine for the world. If the Ginsishou hadn't fulfilled my last wish, that would have been the end of the Sailorsenshi.

I watched with growing despair as the Youma tore through the unstable formation of my friends. Even Priapos wasn't able to engage it long. They were losing, unable to gain a moments rest to execute the plan they obviously had discussed. Mercury's scream tore through my heart as she was slammed into the wall of a nearby building and Jupiter's battle aura flared a sickly green for a moment as she attacked in a blinded rage which only earned her another trip to the pavement.

I can't even do anything more than throwing my tiara. The Moon Staff is gone. I had tried to summon it but it seemed the old wand was either lost in the ruins of the Dark Kingdom at D-Point or in the time-loop I created myself. Either way I couldn't reach it. What would I give for something, anything as a weapon to help my friends with. They had died for me, protected me to the end. If it meant giving up my own happiness, if it meant being a Senshi again and going through all the hardships again, if it was this what it took to keep my friends safe and the world a happy place, then… then…

Mars fireball was overcome by a jet of water smashing her next to Mercury into the same wall, Venus was panting hard, her motions becoming slower, less agile. Jupiter was slowly consumed by anger, frustration and rage that made her moves less accurate. And Priapos wasn't able to handle the Youma alone.

I glanced down at Tuxedo Kamen as I felt his hand over mine. "Go," he rasped, barely a whisper. I shook my head in an attempt of futile denial. What good would I be? What could I do? "They need you, follow your heart and it will show you a way to help them." A comforting warmth spread through me. This hands, they had always given me strength. His words, simple touches, protective arms, even when I didn't know who he was, my Prince had always made me able to be the strong warrior, the friend of them all. I could feel it now, the tingle of magic, the barest traces of a power that he wasn't even aware of having himself.

And suddenly that power literally exploded as another joined the contact between us. I looked up startled as I felt my senses overflowing with an unidentified, yet vast power. Hotaru was kneeling next to us, clasping Tuxedo Kamen's free hand and a gentle purple glow indicated that she was healing him as she did before. I could hear the shouts in the distance but they grew silent as my eyes locked with those of the other girl's and something passed through and between us. Glancing at Tuxedo Kamen whose mask had long come off, our eyes locked as well. In a brilliance that was blinding and magnificent at the same time a bright flash lit the air where our hands had been joined. The sphere of light took shape into a long wand with a red and golden head with a heart shape resting on its top.

*This is your new Moon Staff, Princess. With the power of your loving heart, you can protect those that you care for. Use it!* Queen Serenity's voice echoed in my head. Reaching out with trembling hands I took the staff out of the air. The moment ended abruptly and I barely registered the last bit of a warning. Turning around slowly I saw that the Youma had reached us and was practically right in our face. For a very odd reason it did not move, seemed actually frozen in mid-motion.

I had no time to comprehend this or maybe I would have noticed that Hotaru was staring at the Youma intently, her eyes blank and flashing purple. So, I simply shrieked a little and jumped back as a golden heart shape slammed into the Youma's back, sending it flying over our heads. Venus was panting, holding the Venus Tear still outstretched, traces of magic running over the blades. Mars and Jupiter immediately took advantage of the situation.

Jupiter was merely a blur as she moved past us. With amazement I saw her forming a beautiful ball of purplish-red energy between her hands. "KONGOU NO GIHEI!" A beam of the same color leapt forth from her outstretched hands and slammed into the stunned Youma with the force of a truck running over an unsuspecting person. It lived though, barely. Mars followed her teammates example and was in the air and before the Youma had regained footage an ofuda that was literally blazing with spiritual power, as much as I could tell, was tucked onto the Youma's forehead, effectively freezing it.

"Moon, now!" Luna, who had somehow appeared next to me, reminded me of the perfect opportunity. I looked at the staff in my hand for a moment, refocusing on my earlier wish… no pledge. I said I would give everything for the safety of those I loved and I would. Shall it mean being a Princess, a warrior without rest, a life full of danger. At least it would be with my friends and loved ones.

"MOON PRINCESS HALATION!"

A beam of transparent power, filled with dozens, hundreds of little crescent moon sigils, struck the paralyzed Youma. It gave a horrendous, bone-chilling scream and then crumbled to dust.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Artemis)

Several minutes later we had all retreated into a deserted back alley to tend to our… the Senshi's wounds. There were plenty to tend to and Hotaru had immediately offered to help out with the more severe ones. The adrenaline of the battle was just beginning to leave their veins and they had just began to realize what happened. As much as the mass attack was new for an enemy tactic, that at least could have been rationalized. A sniper attempt, an ambush like this was just… It reminded me too much of the old days.

Although the Silver Millennium was very much a beautiful and peaceful place, it was as with every such place. There always were people who didn't agree with the current structure and sort own power in one or another way, even before Beryl. Such attacks like today were rare and barely as effective or dangerous as this one. Still, our Senshi here, did not have most of the memories and recollection of their training how to deal with such a situation. They usually just rushed out and fought whatever could be a harm to other people. In the old days - and it should have been now as well - the first priority would have been to get Serenity to safety.

"What the hell were you thinking? No, let me rephrase this because you weren't even thinking!" That was Venus, although about ninety percent was Hebe speaking. A good thing I wasn't the only one who had at least semi-good memories of the past. These days I sometimes thought my partner had better ones than I had maintained through the stasis. Her anger and irritation right now was directed at Mars. The two were standing some distance away and continuing the battle in a screaming match. No, it was more like Venus screaming while Mars was silently fuming… until now.

"What? Should I have let it rampage through the whole city?" Mars shot back sarcastically. Venus' eyes flashed for a brief moment and Mars backed up slightly. "Our first duty is to protect our Princess," she stated calmly which made the other Senshi flinch inwardly. "If you were thinking clearly, you would have realized that the attack was meant for us. US. We could have led it away if you hadn't headfirst jumped it." She impressed me again and again these days. Venus had become even more responsible since meeting Hotaru. I believe it was a lot of the protector instinct towards her mate that prompted that deeper concentration. What mattered though was that she became every bit the leader as she had been in the Past.

As much as in the Silver Millennium, Mars was never one to back down when driven by her temper. And so she didn't right now as well. "Excuse me? Who brought us into danger first, hmm? You let an outsider knew who we are." Bad move. "Leave Hotaru out of this, Rei. I told you already it was in no way intended." Mars arched an eyebrow. "Oh right," she drew out the word, "as much as it wasn't intended to fall in love with her, another girl, as much as you were more worried the whole time about her than about us in that battle. Do you think I couldn't tell?"

I wanted to say something at this point since I took that as a personal insult to my and Priapos training but kept quiet, not really looking forward to draw the Fire Senshi's attention to me. "I have no idea what your problem today is, Mars. But if you keep treating my MATE like that, you will regret it." Again my partner's eyes were flashing with a dangerous gleam and still Mars wasn't relenting. Staring deep into the blonde's eyes, I had to thank my cat ears to hear the next words. "You have no idea what you are getting into with her, do you?" At that I silently shook my head. No, Mars was the one who had no idea, Venus knew better than anyone else here, much better.

The leader of the Inner Senshi regarded her teammate with a look that could have frozen over Hell. "Are you implying that Hotaru had something to do with," She made a gesture with her hand in the direction of the nearby Parlor, "this?" Of course the dark-haired Senshi gave the wrong answer to this. "Maybe."

The slap that echoed through the alley made everyone flinch. I knew they were all watching the exchange out of the corner of their eyes. Mercury who was bandaging Jupiter's sore side jumped a little while the taller Senshi just shook her head. Priapos sitting atop a crate held a hand to her forehead. Usagi, Mamoru and Hotaru who were talking quietly in another corner winced and shot looks varying from sadness to pity to a silent chiding from Usagi. I glanced over at Luna and caught her muttering something along the lines of: "Why does no one listen to me anymore." Mars should have, that was for sure.

"I suggest you first come down from whatever trip you are on, Mars, before making such accusations again. I know my mate better than you can even imagine and I would NEVER do anything to endanger our safety. You, however, did today. So think about that first before trying to see things where they aren't." It was a wonder how Venus managed to hold her voice calm and even enough to not shake or morph into outright screaming. As it was the words were even sharper and after another moment of silently glaring at Venus, a hand to her cheek, Mars turned away and stalked out of the alley.

An uncomfortable silence settled for about two minutes over the alley, none daring to move or say anything. Then, as if someone had snapped their fingers, Venus seemed to waver slightly and her knees threatened to buckle underneath her. It was a testament to their love, their strong bond and how much they got to know each other in those few months already that Hotaru was there to catch her mate the moment she collapsed to the ground. I mean, I hadn't even seen it coming and I knew Venus for a long, long time now.

The scene though reminded me a lot of the one at the festival in England, the one where Minako and she had their first official date. It had been that night that Priapos had shown up first - still under the enemy's influence - and it had broken Venus' heart to stand up to her kin sister in protecting Hotaru. When the elf had left it was similar, even if I believed that she wouldn't shut herself out from everyone as she did then. But seeing her there, on the cold pavement, gathered in the smaller girl's arms a few silent, wrecking sobs disrupting the general silence, made me loathe at the Fire Senshi. Mars had no idea how much she hurt my partner with this.

"I didn't want to… She… It's just…" Hotaru made soothing noises while the others looked on uncomfortably. I caught Moon looking out of the alley with a strange, almost enraged expression - if it wasn't so impossible for her -, before she turned back to the crouched couple and kneeled down next to them. Putting a hand on Venus' shoulder she smiled one of her most brightening and reassuring smiles. "Don't make yourself reproach for something that isn't your fault. I'll speak with Rei, okay?" After awhile Venus quieted down and nodded. She seemed rather embarrassed at the emotional breakdown but none of the others dared to meet her eyes right now.

"Alright, minna. I think we should all go home and rest," Moon announced and was met with silent approval from everyone.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Mamoru)

What was that power? The question spooked around in my head ever since we left the scene, a quiet devastated scene of pure destruction. The repair crews would have a lot to do. My mind kept wandering back to that moment than we had somehow brought forth Moon's new staff. All three of us that is, although I wasn't sure if Hotaru hadn't been merely an amplifier. As hard as it was to believe that there was such strong power inside of me, it was even harder to believe that the dark-haired girl was responsible for more than a fraction.

This was driving me crazy. It had been much like yesterday than I somehow joined with Moon and Venus. How and what exactly I had summoned in that moment I was not sure up to this point but it was something very potential. Had Serenity been right? Was there a power inside of me, one that I wasn't aware of. I really had to find an answer to that because if I didn't I might regret it soon. Today Usagi had almost been killed by the Youma and I hadn't been much help in protecting her either.

However, that was something I could think about than I had a moment of peace and quiet. Right now I was more interested in something different. Quietly making my way over to the raven-haired girl, standing a little to the side and throwing worried glances the way where Venus and Mars were arguing. Other than Mars I wasn't suspicious or anything. No, through the brief contact today I had felt with an absolute clarity that her feelings for Venus were above all dominant and genuine. I had felt a lot of the devotion I held for my Usagi and that made me curious. Of course the fact that I had now an answer to my strange, embarrassing dream this night was important as well…

Neither of us spoke for a moment when I leaned back against the wall next to her. Finally I decided to break the ice. "Arigato, for helping us like that. You helped me twice already." I smiled gently at her, trying to soothe the nervous girl. Hotaru had provided some healing after the battle, even to Rei who had to be practically ordered by Usagi to accept the offer. I had no idea what the miko's problem was but that seemed to go beyond simple stress. There was a lot more going on when she shared with everyone. I should know, I dated her for awhile after all.

"That's okay. I'm glad I could help." Despite her words, Hotaru's face brightened slightly at my gratitude. There was another period of silence and I saw Usagi moving away from Mercury and Jupiter and making her way over to us. Not really wanting to worry my girlfriend for the moment, I decided to ask the question that had been on my mind all this time right away. "Um, are you aware of what you did back then?" I phrased it carefully. No one had quiet noticed in the heat of the moment but my position had allowed me to have a good look when the Youma suddenly froze up, paralyzed on the spot actually. And that had been when Hotaru had looked at it. I wasn't quite sure if the brief color flash in her eyes was imagination or real but she HAD done something. That much I was sure of.

Hotaru fidgeted. "I'm… not quite sure. I just wanted to heal you but somehow we linked like you and Venus did yesterday. After that, I… don't really know. Sometimes I have those blackouts. Even now that I'm not sick anymore, they haven't gone away. And it scares me sometimes." Blackouts? She didn't know what she did, was the logical conclusion that I could draw from that. I had the feeling Minako knew. She had been with the younger girl far longer and if she had those blackouts often… Looking over at the arguing pair I made a mental note not to mention this in Rei's presence and to speak with the blonde later.

"Oh, don't worry," I tried to reassure her. "I'm sure it's nothing bad. You DID manage to help us destroy that Youma after all." Hotaru smiled a bit more at this, her almost humble demeanor beginning to change to a more relaxed one. Usagi had by now made her way over to us. "Everything alright?" I asked worried that there had been any deeper injuries that we had overlooked. Usagi looked back over her shoulder and then shook her head. "No, everything is fine." Sending a smile Hotaru's way that you couldn't help but brighten at the sight, she added: "Thanks to you, Hotaru-chan." The younger girl blushed and Usagi winked at her.

"Um…" my girlfriend began anew, obviously searching for words. I eyed her curiously at her sudden tongue-tied behavior. Usually Usagi was not one to hesitate when speaking her mind. "What I wanted to ask is, um… Did Minako and you do something, um… yesterday night." The last bit had been pressed out in a squeak and I had to choke back one myself which in turn earned me a look and raised eyebrow from my girlfriend. Hotaru, for her part, was confused first but then caught on with what the blonde was implying and immediately colored tremendously.

"Arigato," I chose to say before any more embarrassment could arise. "I think that answers ou… her question." Which of course only made the poor girl stammer something incoherently. "Err… You see… I think it was because you linked yesterday and… um, that probably, um… reflected on your dreams… right?" Usagi giggled suddenly, patting Hotaru, much to the girl's dismay, on her head. "You don't have to explain yourself. WE," She shot me a glare to which I winced, "can very well imagine."

Leave it to Usagi to make even a complete stranger feel comfortable. That was one of the qualities that made her so special. To me, to the girls and everyone who met her. Only seeing her surface did do her injustice. It was her heart, her soul that truly shown like a single star in the night. Right now Hotaru saw it too and quickly relaxed soon happily chatting with my girlfriend about this and that.

I leaned back and watched them, once again my resolve strengthened. Yes, having Usagi as a girlfriend was a blessing. I could very well overlook the embarrassment that she sometimes caused for just being with such a happy, warm-hearted girl. Usagi herself had made an incredible jump on the emotional side as well. Accepting that the period of peace was over and that the simple life she had wished for anyone would not come to be was hard on her. But she had found her way again. Her faith had cleared away the obstacles she had set for herself. Sailormoon, the warrior, was back.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Hotaru)

"Arigato for helping out, Oneechan." I had come to regard the fiery redheaded elf as much a sister as she was to my mate. By terminology she was as much as this now anyway. Priapos smiled wryly. "My pleasure, little one. It was the least I could do after not being able to help much more today." I shook my head at the elf and motioned her to put an exhausted Minako on the bed. "You saved Kino-san and the rest as well in the process. We wouldn't have even been all there without you."

The Efadio took the flattering comment in stride and looking down at her kin sister, she twirled the thick tendril - a symbol of their shared kinship - on her wrist lost in thought. "I rarely have seen her like this. It pains me that she has to fight so much for her happiness." Priapos looked at me with that kind of look that made you squirm even though you know there was no actual reason to do so. "You will make her happy, will you? You will not hurt her as the others did?" Experiences, shared dreams and the common search for the missing part in both our lives made me answer without hesitating, without actually stopping to consider, to think. There was nothing to think about, nothing to consider. I could not turn back again. The bond was formed and to severe it now would be unbearable, our lives would be damned into misery. And on top of that I could not even imagine how a life without the blonde could be. They could accuse us, they could burn us for all it was worth, I would not leave her side as long as she would have me and longer if necessary.

I didn't reply verbally. I did not even make a sound. However, the moment the realization of the intensity our bond represented set in like it had so often before, I felt a quiet determination and at the same time tranquility flood through me that I knew were mirrored in my eyes.

Priapos held my gaze for a moment longer, then turned away. "Good." Stepping away from the bed, she turned to make her way out of the room. "She'll need some comfort when she comes to. I leave that to you." I winced slightly at the smirk accompanying the word "comfort". A moment later the elf dodged an incoming pillow. "Oh, get going. We'd like to have our privacy," I retorted and Priapos laughed whole heartily, before slipping out of the room.

I turned back to the bed, regarding the blonde girl - in more than one aspect already young woman - with a mixture of worry and fondness. All in all that meeting had have went a lot different from what both of us had suspected. It was neither the one nor the other extreme. Neither the open welcome from anyone nor the suspicion and rejection I had feared despite my mate's reassurance. I believed Kino-san - I was not yet quite comfortable to call them by their given name - when she said that her friend was usually not THAT mistrusting. I could tell that Hino-san was troubled by more than just stress. An impending decision was weighing her down and that reflected on her mood. I could not deny that her words and pointed looks hadn't hurt but was not that judgmental to throw such signs in the wind.

Nevertheless Minako had stood up for me and that had made me sort of proud even though my first reaction was worry and a little guilt that involuntary my presence this day had caused her to fight with her friend and sister-in-arms. That must have hurt almost as much as confronting Priapos back then and for a moment I was painfully reminded of this time. A time that had both tested but also strengthened our love.

Stubborn as she was Minako had refused any help when the group decided to return to our individual home and had promptly collapsed from emotional exhaustion. Thankfully Priapos had been there to help carry her home and for once I was glad that Minako's parents were out of town.

That would be another thing. Minako's birthday was coming soon and the Ainos would return. Explaining why I was staying was rather unnecessary. I'm not quite sure what Minako had told them about this but they never seemed to object. Otherwise they seemed to not care about a lot of other things as well. I cursed them for this, knowing from own experience how it was to grow up with the lack of a parental figure. Father never had had much time for me and after overhearing him and that witch yesterday I was not sure if he ever was… No, if he ever had been my father anymore since the accident. How the Ainos could ignore their daughter like this was beyond me and infuriated me at the same time.

One thing was for sure. With us living together for some time again and with the tense situation between the Senshi and us right now, I was sure that our secret would come out, most likely sooner than later. And THAT would shake them out of their lethargy. I wasn't quite sure though if we would survive the following storm.

A gentle touch on my hand made me focus back on my girlfriend who was looking at me strangely. "Why such sad thoughts. I could care less what they think. Let them wake up and realize that their little baby daughter is all grown up." Minako reached up with her other hand to touch my cheek and I leaned against it, melting into the touch. "That doesn't change that I love you. No matter what." Tears sprang from my eyes as the stormy blue of her eyes met mine, expressing all the conflicting emotions that were love, devotion and compassion in one.

"Throughout life and death," I said as if reciting a prayer.

"Throughout love and hate," Minako answered.

I smiled and she smiled and as I bent down to place a gentle kiss on her lips, I knew that my answer to Priapos would hold true and that all I expressed was not just a hollow concept but my faith as much as it was my fate.

Despite the elf's suggestive remarks we did not comfort each other THAT way this night. For the moment we were just able to hold each other and relish in the feeling of belonging, safety and rightness that was us.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Luna)

The late night air was chilling and uncomfortable but I endured it, perched high on my post opposite the house… mansion if you want. My sensitive ears were straining to catch any glimpses of conversation that might occur inside. Normally it would be impossible, even for a cat, to hear anything through closed walls so far away. However, my race inherited not simple cat genes but also abilities far beyond any of Chikyuu's kind. Not that I wanted to compare our proud race to the alley cats and lazy house ones. No, definitely not.

One of my gifts was coming in handy right now as I managed to block out all my other senses and focusing only on hearing in an enclosed, rather small radius. That way I could never cover a wider range but it was quite useful to spy on others, especially enemies. I admit Artemis was better at this. However, I had not wanted him to do this. I did not even want him to know I was here right now.

I might have relented that Artemis would not tell me more about what had been going on, that did not hinder me to follow my instincts though. Today something had happened that deeply troubled me and I knew it would leave me no rest until I found my suspicion confirmed or refuted. The Prince had caught it as well, I had seen it in his eyes but unlike me I believed that he didn't quite understand what exactly it was. I, on the other hand, had a creepy suspicion that I did. Not in detail though, and that was why I was here. To find answers, to find truths. Otherwise I feared not to be able to trust them again.

"It couldn't have been imagination," I muttered quietly to myself, frustrated at the lack of activity inside Tomoe-ke. No, it could definitely not have been imagination. Not the appearance of the Moon Staff had frozen the Youma's movements. No, Hotaru had. How I had no idea but in both the joining which produced my charge's new weapon and in that icy stare that had briefly flashed over the young girl's face as the Youma had moved in for the kill, lay power, a power that was at the same time hauntingly familiar as much as it was unlike anything I had felt before. And that was quite a lot. These emotionless yet piercing eyes locking the Dark Kingdom's creature in their gaze were forever branded into my mind though.

After the battle was over I had quietly excused myself from Usagi's side and went to follow the elf and Hotaru as they brought an emotional collapsed Minako home. For a moment I had considered confronting the elf but decided against it. The oath of loyalty and kinship would as much prevent her from giving me straight answers as Artemis did. No, they would not tell me as long as Minako did not wish them to. And that she knew what was going on with her girlfriend was more than evident. It had been her attack that had slammed into the Youma first and broken the spell after her mate had somehow disabled its movements.

Straining my senses even more I was finally rewarded for my efforts when the voices of two people invaded my hearing space. One older, male voice and one female… That had to be Professor Tomoe and his assistant. Artemis was quite certain that nobody else lived in the house. The voice I assumed to be Professor Tomoe spoke first in a tired tone: "Would you quit being so paranoid? She can't stay away forever. We know that and she knows that. What we should do now is prepare Megumi properly. It is evident that the Mistress has chosen her now." I frowned at the words but filed it away for later use. I needed all my concentration to keep up the enhancement of my senses.

The assistant seemed rather irritated and agitated at the professor. "Paranoid? The child could doom us all and you know that. Her union with the other one has already cost us her as the perfect vessel. Now her spirit is free and you very well know that it is her that the Master fears!" Unimpressed by his assistants outburst Professor Tomoe replied evenly: "The light that threatens our world will not rise again. She will not rise her weapon against her own blood sister." I nearly fell out of the tree at this. Sister? Were they talking about Hotaru? They had never talked much about Hotaru's family and I knew that not even Minako seemed to know more than a few details. What was all that about.

While the last comment did not manage to make me lose my concentration, it was a tremendous effort from my part that the assistant's angry reply did not manage to do it either, very barely. "Listen to you! The child is the reincarnation of Saturn, damn it! That's what she is born to do! Fulfill her destiny albeit any consequence."

Although I did not fell out of the tree or completely lost my concentration what was further said did not register anymore as the information set in with an icy shock, a terror and disbelief beyond imagination. Hotaru, sweet, innocent Hotaru was… Oh Goddess, by Serenity, what have you done? I looked up into the night sky, all but glaring up at the Moon. Hotaru was Sailorsaturn. The final one, the last resort. The Senshi of Death. And suddenly it made all a horrible sense that none of them wanted to tell me because they knew. While the Senshi spirit was dormant right now, Minako, Artemis and Priapos knew. And I was sure that was not because they had seen the symbol flash. There simply was no other way when Hotaru had really been possessed by a demon and was sick beyond human healing capabilities. It had to be Saturn's doing. "What have you done to them, Serenity?" I whispered up at the pale moon, for the first time since going into service not understanding my Queen anymore. And that it had to be her doing was painfully clear.

"You weren't supposed to learn this now." This time I fell out of the tree. At the last moment managing to turn my fall into a semi-graceful landing, I whirled around. Leaning against the tree as if she had been standing there the entire time without me noticing - which was virtually impossible, was a tall woman with some kind of staff in her hand. As the light of the Moon once again emerged from behind a cloud and she stepped out of the shadows, I suddenly realized that I really couldn't have told that she was there as long as the woman didn't want me to.

"Greetings, Counselor Luna." The black-haired woman with a touch of green highlighting the long hair smiled somewhat ruefully. I let out a gasp, identifying the staff in the shape of a long key and the red sphere resting on top of it, the Senshi fuku in a shade of black that could be either that or a very dark red-brown. "You…" I never got more out of it before the red orb flashed brightly for a moment and I felt blissful darkness claim me. The last thing I heard were Pluto's apologetic words. "I am truly sorry, Lady Luna. But what must be, must be. It was not yet your time to learn of this. When you awake you will not remember any of what you learned tonight about either Tomoe."

Picking up the unconscious but peaceful resting cat, Sailorpluto allowed herself another rueful sigh. This job was getting too painful and she wasn't sure if she could do it all over again. Seeing the Silver Millennium fall was enough already. Now everything seemed to start all over again.

"Was that really necessary?" Pluto inclined her head towards the white cat who had stepped into the soft moonlight, glaring at her silently. She wanted to tell him "No", she wanted to take it back and just leave things their way. Unfortunately that option was not available to a Guardian of Time who had to watch that things went correctly.

Lifting the Time Staff, the red orb flared once more and almost instantly space seemed to warp around the pair and the other cat in the Senshi's arms. A moment later they found themselves just outside Tsukino-ke. Finally deciding to give an answer to Artemis' question, Pluto put Luna gently down next to him. "Yes. She would have not concentrated on your current enemy anymore with those information at this stage."

The white cat shook his head, not dropping the stare. "And you are still not going to tell us about that current enemy." The sarcasm was obvious to the blindest fool. Pluto did not let it affect her. "No. Not yet. Do not concern yourself with Professor Tomoe and his involvements. This is Outer Senshi business and will not come to pass until you are finished with this threat."

And before the cat could reply the Senshi of Time had already vanished. Artemis gave a huff. "Figures. As if I expected to get a straight answer." Draping Luna over his own limited body the white cat made his way slowly up to the house. "I just hope you know what you are doing, Pluto. I just hope you know what you are doing."

TBC in Episode 3

The Senshi must deal with the numerous conflicts arising in their public as well as secret lives. And they are soon to experience the training drill of a certain elf. Be there for when our heroines - and hero - are introduced to a form of training that will make Luna appear tame.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

Venus: And here we are again. (looks around) What is this supposed to be again?

Moon: *popping in as a giant head looming over Venus* THE MORAL!

Venus: *shrinking back in fear* Ehehe, no need to get upset, Usagi-chan… *scratches head* A moral, he? Well, let's see… Hmm… Mmmh…

*Five minutes later Venus is still racking her brain about it*

Saturn (signing in): Come on, its way past your bedtime, missy. (grabs Venus who is not at all protesting but still deep in thought)

Venus and Saturn have signed off

Moon: *irritated* What about MY MORAL?

Mars (signing in): Stop whining about it. Nobody is going to go along with your idiotic idea. *begins to drag off a kicking Moon* Now, come on. You have other duties to attend to.

Mars and Moon have signed off

Artemis: *coming out of hiding* If you let me. *looks around* Oh, nobody is here anymore. Well, then I suppose I can go as well. *looks back at screen* Huh, you want to know the moral? No wait. I bet Usagi and Minako want the moral, right? Right. Here it comes. *clears throat* Today's moral I think is that friends (and family too) can't be expected to always react as you want them to. Minako hoped for the acceptance of her and Hotaru from her friends and although she mostly got that, not everyone was quite happy about it. Sometimes our life just becomes to stressful and unpredictable. We feel as if everyone and everything is out to haunt us. Often we let it out on the persons who least deserve it but at those time we often don't care about the hurt we might inflict too much. Rei had one of those days and Luna too in her own way. That's it, I say. Ja!

Artemis has signed off.

Author's Notes

Thank Maia that you got that so soon. Everything up from Makoto's scene had been produced in roughly two days this weekend.

What to say to this part? Let's start with Mamoru. You might wonder what I'm off about his powers. Anyone familiar with the Manga can answer that question and there was a reference to a familiar quote taken from the Dreams arc as well. Anyone who doesn't have a clue, well, I'm not to spoil your fun. :)

Ami's cameo has been found as you saw. I thought that one was close enough for someone to equal Ami's skills remotely.

About Minako attending a private school. Well, we don't know for sure if they all have lived in Azabu-Juuban or Tokyo at all for their entire lives. We know that Makoto had been on a different school before coming to Juuban. So why shouldn't some of the Senshi have been in different wards or a different city altogether?

Reference to Luna and Artemis' pasts are more or less a merge of the Mau (Manga) origin and the one done in Sailormoon Z (at least the social bit).

Makoto's chi attack is put together as followed. Kongou means diamond/adamantine/thunderbolt/vajra/Indra's weapon/Buddhist symbol of the indestructible truth and Gihei means soldier or army dedicated to a righteous cause. I think you can gather it from here.

Why I made Rei the one to spoil the fun? Several reasons that will be uncovered over the course of the next episodes. I do NOT hate Rei. Furthest from it. I could never bring myself to outright hate a character. Despise maybe, annoyed or simply fed up with but not hate… Well, maybe Genma is an exception to the rule. :)

No, honestly now. It is bad style to let your like or dislike of a character influence how you write them. I mentioned that in Tanbo's first part. Bashing is a sign of laziness and that you are not willingly to really make the effort of understanding the character's behavior deeper. I tried to write my characters as objective as possible. There is a difference between bashing and making a character appear bad. APPEAR. I'm not bashing Rei. Point.

The last scene of this episode was not planned AT ALL! Honestly, it wasn't. I didn't want anyone to find out up to this point. Not Mamoru suspecting something either. I didn't want Pluto added already. But the Luna scene only developed because I had to write one for symmetry reasons and Maia just sprang that on me… I couldn't let go and Ayrki told me it gave her the exact same impression when she read it. So, that's how THIS got into the story. I have to see how to further deal with that surprise for not even you but more for me. We'll see.

That's it, I suppose. I hope I haven't left that much typos in the last scenes. I was kind of distracted, messenging with Ayrki at the same time. Anyway, I hope you liked; and make sure to check out our new archive at www.catstrio.de, if you haven't already. All mine and Ayrki's fics are there now. Be sure to give feedback to our stories… like this one! :)

Ja ne, yours

Matthias