Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ (The 1st Generation) Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon R ❯ Episode Three: A Bunny Learns To Jump - Clashes ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: (1st Generation) Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon R (3/?)

Status: Alpha

Author: Matthias aka MysticMew

Email: Minaru@gmx.de

Beta-reader: Ayrki

Rating: Mild R

Established Pairings: Usagi/Mamoru, Minako/Hotaru

Timeline: After Season 1, complete "re"-write of the Anime without Chibiusa traveling back in time.

Stories in Series until now: The 1st Generation, Sailor V Vol.4, 5, 6 and the Special Issue.

Summary: What would happen, if Chibiusa never made her trip back in time? What DID happen before she changed the timeline? There must be a past where she never went back, right? New choices are made, new enemies appear. Were things for the better or the worse? Go read and find out!

Distribution: Starsinlove-group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/starsinlove), MSD (www.catstrio.de), ff.net (www.fanfiction.net), Mediaminer (www.mediamer.org), ASMR (www.moonromance.net). Anyone else, you can have it but please ask first, 'kay?

Chapter Summary: Personal and Senshi life clash. Priapos takes over the training and Ami and Rei have to face some very serious decisions.

Disclaimer: Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon/Sailor V belongs to Naoko Takeuchi, Toei and Kodansha

Story Disclaimer: Copyright©2002-2003 by Matthias Engel

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

Senshi Diary Codename: Crescent, access only by registered and acknowledged members of the Royal Court.

Scan activated

Scan positive

Recognition: King Endymion

Login: Senshi Journals

Receivers: Sailor Senshi of 20th Century

Konnichi wa, minna-san,

it appears to be my turn this time. Several days have passed between this and the last entry. To refresh your memory. Last time we had met Minako's girlfriend, the quiet and mysterious girl named Hotaru. Minako and Rei had gotten in a serious argument about her and we had to fend of a sneak attack that nearly cost our lives. This was not to be the only one…

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Jupiter)

"Come on, give it a little more… Faster, you have to be much faster. If that had been for real you would be dead…"

I watched with a touch of concern the scene in front of me. The young redhead seemed so fragile at first glance, the frame so tiny and not at all like the seasoned warrior she truly was.

Appearance can fool you easily.

The lithe form was actually much more muscular and tuned for battle than the majority of her kin. Not that I had much contact with elves… but I remembered a few things. Bits and pieces. It was enough to piece together a general picture. Elves were supposed to be peaceful, nature-loving and gentle creatures. If you looked at Priapos in the heat of battle or during training you often got the impression of a wild Valkyrie rather than an elf.

Currently her victims were the two Senshi with blue fukus hoping around wildly, trying to dodge the warriors relentless attacks. They didn't even have time to organize and it would only be a matter of seconds now. Priapos wasn't going easy on ANYONE. A lesson that we all had learned very quickly. And she had taken it upon herself to torture Moon and Mercury until they would be able to "face down a Youma all by themselves". At least that had been her words. Considering the first days they were already lasting much longer… The first training spars barely lasted a few seconds. If that was her training method, I was really glad not to be a Youma.

"Tough, huh?" I looked up and gave Venus a shrug in reply as she sat next to her. You could see the sweat on the blonde girl's forehead but she seemed to radiate a certain amount of satisfaction. I guess I must have appeared the same. After all I enjoyed sparring with her or Priapos. We were more or less on one level.

"I don't know. They are doing better I guess. The way she's putting them through the wringer I would almost say they'll come out better than Rei." I glanced at Venus for some sort of reaction but either it was very good self-control or she really didn't care that much, nevertheless her eyes remained glued on the trio. I watched for awhile and noted with a certain amount of surprise but also approval that Moon and Mercury were now working as a team, one taking hits for the other, as they tried to fight back. It wouldn't last long but it was an improvement.

Glancing over my shoulder I saw Mars and Tuxedo Kamen sparring at the far end of the training grounds - which I still didn't know where those were as usual with the elf's magic. Mamoru had had some Martial Arts training - very basic stuff but good enough - and was somewhat on a level with Rei. At the beginning of the late night training sessions Venus had divided most of her time between them but you could practically touch the charged air between her and Mars lately - ever since that sneak attack a couple of days ago.

"They will need it. Pria wasn't pleased that they almost got themselves killed today," Venus commented after awhile as the elf finally penetrated the two Senshi's defense, sending them to the ground. It had to be mentioned in Moon's favor that she didn't complain at all but simply listened quietly to the elf's rant about their mistakes. A lot of self-control had come from the training in our Princess. She had clearly grown up a bit even before we started this but… Now it became even more obvious. You should have seen her chiding Mars after the day of the sneak attack. As much as Mars still traded glares with Venus, there hadn't been a single teasing comment towards Moon since then. It was almost scary. Almost.

However, whatever had befallen the Fire Senshi to maintain such an attitude. The last days hadn't gotten her much time to relax, none of us actually. In about five days we had fought off thirteen attacks and fifteen Youma turning up in the oddest of places, still missing a pattern. It drove everyone slowly crazy and patience was wearing thin. Between the fights, training, planning and school there wasn't much time for personal life and I could almost swear that Rei's problem was not Senshi-related. She was just looking for an outlet.

Turning back to our blonde leader I noted that she was a little lost in thought as well. I could tell she wished Hotaru to be here but after some clashes in the beginning between them and Rei they had apparently decided that Hotaru should better stay home. There was something else though. "You okay? You seem rather distracted? Thinking about Hotaru-chan?" I couldn't suppress the urge to tease. It was fun seeing her slightly flush the barest of moments and then she seemed to pretend that nothing happened and she was perfectly cool about it.

"Mako-chan," Venus growled and I simply laughed. After a moment her expression turned solemn. "I'm just thinking. Those attacks have no purpose anymore. They seem to be concentrated on us, we came close a few times to be really beaten… Close, not more. It is as if they are testing us, pushing us." I blinked at that. If you put some more thought into it, her logic almost made some sense. I refrained from asking why, it was obvious my friend hadn't found an answer for that one yet.

Albeit the mask of seriousness and the thinking pose Venus was… I could not describe it any other way. She was about ready to pounce. Fidgeting, full of energy and there was that… untamed fire all around her just waiting to find release, especially after the battles of today. She must have felt my intense gaze on her and turned around to look at me with a raised eyebrow, then blushed again slightly and lowered her head. "Gomen, it's just… You never feel that? After a good and long fight…"

"… that you are ready to explode," I continued, nodding. "Yeah. I hardly can sleep afterwards."

I looked at her closely, trying to see what she wanted to tell me with that. My eyes widened for a moment as I realized what Venus was implying. Opening my mouth I only came as far as, "No way" before Priapos decided to call an end to the training and our blonde leader was almost down the stairs the next moment.

I shook my head. No way that they were doing THAT in her state. No freaking way.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(First gong)

Scene fades up on the surface of a hilly land, covered with vivid green grass and a field of flowers. We see Usagi standing in the center in her princess gown but without the Crescent Moon sigil, Mamoru is standing off to the side in a black suit, watching her with a quiet smile.

(Second gong)

The camera swings around, capturing Minako and Hotaru sitting and leaning against each other in the flower field. Minako has an arm around Hotaru's shoulders and Hotaru's head is on her right shoulder, their fingers interlocked and eyes half-closed.

(Third gong)

The camera swings yet again towards Ami, Rei and Makoto a short distance away from the couples, enjoying the weather. Ami against a tree, reading, Rei dozing off in the sun and Makoto, chasing Artemis for some reason, while Luna sits nearby shaking her head.

(First notes up to lyrics)

The scene fades black shortly and then shows Usagi/Serenity rising into the sky, transforming into Sailormoon in the process, Tuxedo Kamen right beside her. The familiar shape of the Moon comes into view and the surface draws closer as the pair descend, showing the ruins of the fallen Moon Kingdom. Mercury, Mars and Jupiter join them shortly, as does Venus without Hotaru, Luna and Artemis to their respective partner's feet. The season logo is slowly drawn over the assembled senshi.

(Gomen ne sunao janakute)

(Yume no naka nara ieru)

(Shikou kairo wa shooto sunzen)

(Ima sugu aitai yo)

We see Ami with a book in her hand walking down a street, before she looks and turns around to face the screen. The sign of Mercury flashes on her forehead and her form is momentarily overlaid by a translucent image of Sailormercury.

Rei can be seen with her back to the screen, working on something at the Jinja. Phobos and Deimos fly into the scene and perch upon Rei's shoulders. The miko turns around and the sign of Mars flashes on her forehead and her form is momentarily overlaid by a translucent image of Sailormars.

Makoto can be seen working out, her motions flowing flawlessly into each other. She suddenly halts in mid-motion and turns her head to face the camera. The sign of Jupiter flashes on her forehead and her form is momentarily overlaid by a translucent image of Sailorjupiter.

(Nakitaku naru you na moonlight)

(Denwa mo dekinai midnight)

(Datte junjou doushiyou)

(Haato wa mangekyou)

Minako can be seen with jogging clothes, running down a street, sweat pouring from her forehead. She comes closer and the scene is suddenly frozen with a close-up on Minako, the sign of Venus on her forehead and the translucent layer of her senshi identity. The screen splits, leaving Minako frozen in place and showing now Hotaru in her room, lit by various candles and lamps, kneeling in a circle of the former. Her hair is hanging down and half-covers the concentration on her face. Suddenly darkness engulfs the room as well as Minako in the other scene. Hotaru desperately reaches out towards the other. For a moment her eyes turn blank and emotionless, the sign of Saturn flashes briefly on her forehead and her form is overlaid by the translucent image of Sailorsaturn, before everything turns black.

(Tsuki no hikari ni michibikare)

(Nando mo meguriau)

A group of four shadows becomes more detailed on the background of darkness. A brown-blond haired man, a light blue-haired one, a dark haired, very tall and heavy man and a redheaded pig-tailed one that looked remarkably female. A "shadow" can be seen looming over the four like a cloak covering a head.

Two points of light suddenly disrupt the darkness. On the left, the Silver Crystal can be seen and on the right the Venus Tear. A thin line of violet slashes through the middle of the screen and shows Serenity and Endymion on the left side, Saturn and Venus on the right. Serenity holds the Silver Crystal high into the air, while Endymion supports her with one arm, the other on the sword hilt. Venus has the Venus Tear in both hands and Saturn swings the Silence Glaive a few times for emphasis.

A brief flash shows Sailorpluto at the Time Gate looking worriedly upon the scene.

(Seiza no matataki kazoe uranau koi no yukue)

(Onaji kuni ni umareta no)

(Mirakuru romansu)

Scene shifts to the Moon once again. Among the ruins, a large, black structure can be seen, vaguely resembling a military base. The scene shows the Senshi again, running side by side on the surface of the Moon, being assaulted by various Youma and other things… The Princess's guard jumps into the air, Mercury sending a stream of water and Jupiter a barrage of lightning combined into the enemy rows, Mars ignites a few more and Venus slashes through several opponents with a four-bladed, cross-like weapon out of pure crystalline light.

The scene shifts to an image of the Moon again, hanging loosely in black space. A blue, red and green star appears to the left, an orange and violet one to the right. In the middle, a bright silver and golden star joins the others. The stars are transformed into the Inner Senshi, Moon, Tuxedo Kamen and Hotaru, standing beside Venus on the right, a translucent image of Saturn hovering over her. The image of the intact Moon Palace is added to the background. Pluto appears above the group with the Time Staff raised; the Garnet Orb flashes a bright crimson and the scene freezes.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(1st Generation) Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon R - by Matthias

Episode Three: A Bunny Learns To Jump - Clashes

Based on the works of Naoko Takeuchi

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Hotaru)

The house was silent. Empty and silent. No sounds of a television, no blaring noise of a radio station or CD player, no children stomping up and down the stairs in their usual enthusiasm…

However, it wasn't lonely. The atmosphere was not that of a cold, heartless place that left you sad and somewhat frightened - as the mansion had become. No, Aino-ke was alive in every corner. The fresh smell of daily activity was still in the air. Pillows on the couch were in various stage of disorder, the kitchen wasn't better off - Minako tended to be a natural disaster the few times I let her in there -, countless books, magazines or the like were scattered all over the living room, some of the flowers needed to be tended to… All in all the house felt more like home to me than the mansion had ever done since Tomoe Keiko and her daughter Megumi fell pray to the lab accident several years ago.

That was why I angrily slammed down the receiver with enough force to shake the phone and the shelve it was standing on in the process. That had been the fourth call in two days that I had taken and only God and my girlfriend knew how many Minako had to bother with that she didn't tell me about. Of course I had suspected them to call. But that didn't mean that I wanted them to. It would be nice if Otousan asked me for once but no, it had always been that damned Kaori or a "friend of the family". Humph, so much for caring parents. I was fed up with this and I fully intended to stay here until we could leave for college. Facing the problem of Minako's ignorant parents seemed less stressful than going back.

Sighing I returned upstairs to our room. I wished that I could have gone with Minako. I hated to be alone. Usually every time I was alone meant that I was either in my room in the mansion or in school. Neither one was really a preferred place of choice. Not that there was much choice involved. Being alone in the house of my girlfriend was actually pleasant compared to this but after all these years of loneliness and isolation I craved the blonde's company all the more.

Of course there was the problem of Hino-san. The miko still seemed to mistrust me even though all of the others had accepted my presence by now, even Luna had not shown any of her beginning suspicion, she actually seemed a little distracted these last days. Not surprising with the stress the Senshi were facing but there was something else, I could tell. Makoto and I had actually become pretty good friends and I enjoyed the taller girl's company. I had taken up a new interest in cooking ever since first staying with the Ainos and Makoto had been all too eager to give me some pointers.

Usagi and Mamoru were very open-minded about us and we found ourselves on a few double dates lately when the time allowed it. Ami was rather reserved about the topic but otherwise didn't seem to have a problem. Of course the blue-haired girl appreciated the aid in helping some of the others with school. After all finals were not far away for most of them. And if there was anything I could do good it was studying with which came teaching at Mugen Gakuen.

That left Hino-san. Even though Usagi had tried to soothe the situation a little, I wasn't oblivious to the looks directed in Minako and my direction from time to time. By now I was almost certain that most of it wasn't even me. I was just an outlet. There was a little bit of personal accusation in there but that was all. I would really like to solve that problem and find out what bothered the miko because I had the impression that under normal circumstances we might even have gotten along pretty well. Still could.

That was why I wanted to speak to her personally. Tomorrow. I could see that the tension wore down Minako more than it bothered me. And I didn't like to be the unwanted initiator for a fight between two friends. And they really didn't need inner problems with the situation as grim and confusing as it was. I knew if I told Minako she wouldn't like it, would insist to go with me. But that would only further complicate matters. On the other hand I didn't like and rarely succeeded in keeping important matters secret from my girlfriend and neither did she. We had an honest relationship as much as it could be with our history. Which only left the option of making a good argument…

I looked up as the door opened downstairs. Mentally preparing myself I hoped that Minako was in a good mood. It was not like we ever really ever fought in the strict sense of the word. Disagreements, yes. But most of them were only caused by worry for the other. The hope vanished quickly when my girlfriend came skipping up the stairs and stuck her head into the room. There was that… gleam in her eyes, that untamable fire that burned with surplus energy. Anyone else might have missed it. Anyone else might have only noticed that the blonde girl was just a tiny bit edgy but I wasn't anyone else.

I didn't completely turn around when she came up behind me to wordless wrap her arms around me. The kiss was fueled by a fire and passion, a need that made all other discussion topics blissfully unimportant and me reeling from the storm of feelings running through my body. "Mmmh… missed you…" I murmured incoherently between kisses, leaning back into the strong and dominating yet loving embrace. For a moment I stayed that way before a particular smell hit me and I had to wrinkle my nose.

Minako laughed lightly, a little embarrassed. "Gomen, I know I stink. Be back in a few." With that she turned, grabbing a towel on the way. Minako turned her head slightly to smile at me suggestively. "But if you can't wait…" And with that comment she slipped out of the room, down the hall and into the shower. Megami-sama… I breathed heavily for a few moments and tried to get some strength back in my knees. You might think I should have gotten used to this by now but with all the battles and training lately my mate was always incredible eager. And she was intoxicating today. Lovemaking after a day full of battling was probably one of the wildest and most powerful experiences so far. An experience I could never resist if offered. And today was no exception.

Sighing I snatched another towel and headed out of the room to follow that bundle of energy I called my girlfriend. After all her parents were due back soon and we would lose the luxury of having the whole house to ourselves.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Usagi)

As we pulled up in front of Tsukino-ke some lights still were on and I had the creepy suspicion that I had to fight my way to bed. It was pretty late after all. Usually I would slip out late for training as we had often done in the first year of being Senshi but the battles had occupied us practically the whole day from school over the afternoon until this late hour. Must be past midnight.

I eyed the house wearily. My body ached and I felt like all my bones had been thrown into a mixer and put back together. Priapos was a vicious sensei and if I hadn't been already worried about staying out so late I would have crashed at the Jinja. Rei though wasn't very pleasant company lately either and that alone convinced me to better take Mamoru's offer to drive me home. It was a school day tomorrow after all and after I had been chewed out the first time I stayed over at Mamoru's - under cover of course - I didn't want to risk it.

"Arigato, Mamo-chan," I mumbled tiredly, sliding off from behind him and taking the helmet off. Mamoru followed my example and gave me a worried look. "I'm okay," I assured him, "just totally spent. I feel like I walked for days or something like that." Which was more an understatement than anything else. It wasn't that I minded the training. I WANTED to get better. After the first few fights I felt horribly inadequate. I didn't actually prefer any form of violence even if it was just "the love for the Art" as Makoto often called it but coming close to actually having my head taken off from my shoulders today had extinguished any objections against the ruthless training Minako and her sister were drilling into us.

Mamoru bent down to tip my chin upwards with one finger. For a moment all the exhaustion was forgotten as our eyes met and we smiled at each other. "You did good. I think Priapos was impressed." Normally I would have doubted that but I had detected a slight approval from the elf as well at the end. She just didn't chose to show it much in order to push your limits even further. I melted into the soft kiss that followed. For a moment there I was in heaven. Right where I belonged. My destiny fulfilled albeit all hardships and forces trying to pull us apart. For that tiny moment the world was perfect.

Until that tiny moment was broken by an only vaguely polite cough. We didn't jump or anything, instead we slowly turned our heads in the direction of the voice, a shower of dread running down my spine. I bet Mamoru was sweating. That wasn't a woman's cough and not that of a child either. Both would have been bad news. But nothing compared to the sudden chill I felt. That urge to just jump back on the motorcycle and flee the inevitable doom that was sure to follow.

Of course we couldn't do that - would only prolong things - and therefore as our combined gazes settled on the figure of one Tsukino Kenji standing in the front yard of Tsukino-ke, arms crossed and a very peculiar expression of frightening calmness masking any other expression that were surely boiling under the surface, THEN both of us gulped. I jumped back with an "eep", momentarily forgetting my fatigue and almost falling backwards in the process as my feet refused momentarily to carry the strain of the sudden motion. Thank god… or better Priapos for the balance training she had put me through.

"He he… Konban wa… Outosan…" I tried hard not to let my voice sound high or guilty. But my nerves already strained as they were by the late hour, the battles and the training session, I was ready to crawl up the stairs to reach my bed if necessary and therefore trying was more like a synonym for good intentions in this case. Shimatta, I'm not up for this, I groaned inwardly.

"Evening she says. It's more like past midnight, young lady." I gulped nervously, well aware of the boring stare resting upon me and the poorly masked death glare in Mamoru's direction. I glanced over at my boyfriend and could swear he was ready to bolt any moment. One look from me told him in no uncertain terms that if he was to do that he could search himself a new girlfriend from tomorrow onwards.

Fortunately or unfortunately - that really depends on your point of view - that decision was taken from Mamoru. "Why, hello, Chiba-san. It is nice to see you again." I winced at the voice of my Okaasan, laced with honey-like sweetness that held a tiny, very tiny note of sarcasm in it. The elderly woman would never admit to its presence but it was there. I simply managed to wave, wasn't sure what Mamoru was doing since I was focusing dutifully on my parents.

Tsukino Ikuko smiled in a manner that left no room to argue that on the inside she was deciding upon which course of quite lethal punishment to take. "It is so nice of you to bring Usagi-chan home. At such a late hour too." I winced again, ready for the explosion to follow. I really, REALLY hoped Shingo was asleep already and would not wake up by the following commotion or I would miss school because of for once justified oversleeping.

"Um, well… yeah… No problem," Mamoru said behind me, definitely becoming more uncomfortable by every minute that passed. Wonderful. I could tell that that little demonstration in elo… eloq… in educated Japanese had not thoroughly impressed either adult. The tension in the air was almost electrifying now, you could smell the eruption coming…

It was at that point that all the exhaustion and stress of the last days managed to catch up to me. Beginning with only a slight but steadily feeling of dizziness that I tried to shake off I wobbled a little on my feet. I couldn't faint here or something. That would only produce an unwanted amount of further worry and fretting, I chided myself just before finally laws of gravity and physical health claimed victory and my legs collapsed

My parents called out for me but it was Mamoru who had moved with surprising speed and foresight, catching and steadying me before I could even begin to fall. A moment later I was surrounded by three genuinely concerned people. I shook my head slightly and held up a hand to stall the flood of questions coming from my parents. "Look, I'm tired. Nothing more, just had a pretty stressful day with school and finals coming on." Silently I congratulated myself for coming up with the half truth so quickly. "I REALLY want to sleep. Why don't we invite Mamoru over tomorrow and talk?"

Otousan was about to voice an immediate protest but one look from his wife made him swallow whatever comment had been on his mind. For once I was really glad that I had one of the most understanding mothers on the planet as she smiled at me understandingly. "Of course, Usagi-chan. That sounds like a good idea. Ne, Kenji?" Otousan grudgingly agreed and I… I would still be asking myself how I maintained the self-control to wait with falling asleep until Mamoru had helped me upstairs. Wouldn't have done good if I appeared TOO tired. Right? Right.

The way it was I failed to notice the communicator beeping the fourth time today.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Artemis)

Man, could you tell that someone was rather pissed at the interruption and dead set on making some kind of statement. If she had been jumpy to a point where even the others noticed before - since meeting Hotaru she really had let some of her self-control slack in this area - then after the last call she was practically bursting. And you could hear, feel and - if you were suicidal enough to try - probably see it.

I winced as another cry came through the ceiling, followed by several more. I really regretted not taking Luna's offer to accompany her on that last stroll through the neighborhood. Grumbling something along the lines of insatiable Senshi I slipped outside and up onto the roof. The mid October air was a little cool but preferable over the full force of mating waves that were a lot duller up here.

It wasn't that I could blame them. From all the Senshi Venus had done the most close combat fighting and that usually was much more fueling her edginess than magical attacks. Also Minako's parents would be back either later tomorrow night or the following day, making such activities rather impossible… especially since they rarely managed to keep quiet.

Then there was the fact that they had been in the middle of it when the call came in. I wasn't home then but it was blatant obvious. Especially when Venus had come sailing in without even a word of announcement cutting the Youma that had given a tired trio of remaining Senshi plus Tuxedo Kamen a very hard time. The ending was definitely anti-climatic that way.

I curled up and glanced into the cloudy night sky. The Moon was only partly visible, spending a few rays of light here and there, otherwise the night appeared quiet and peaceful. Quiet and peaceful, sure. Beryl hadn't managed to stir such a commotion. Sure, the occasional Youma attracted the one or other attention from the media. Other than that though the Senshi had managed to hold their activities mostly undercover - excluding the Youma reporter but that had been intentional anyway. Now, however, the population was almost in a riot and the media did their fair share of putting further fuel into the fire. Ever since the first attack on the Taiiku no hi Tokyo's citizens were in a state that quickly could turn into a mass panic and some of the more destructive and ruthless attacks of late were not helping the matter either.

There was no denying it. The situation was grim. VERY grim. Attacks still lacked a pattern save for the fact that the Senshi obviously were the intended targets. Luna and Minako had it gotten into their heads that during several of the attacks the Youma had came close to ALMOST finishing them off. As much as I found that odd I could not deny that there was a certain amount of truth in this assumption. That sniper attempt got me thinking the most. Even with the Senshi's senses a Youma that was obviously acting precise like a machine should have been able to pull that shot off before any of us could have reacted. Right?

It was almost as if our enemy - whoever they were - wanted us to survive, pushing them more and more, testing the limits of their abilities. And that really made no sense because the attacks couldn't be staged. The Youma couldn't be sacrifices. There was no way someone could pull that of once, nonetheless more than once. It made no sense and that really got to all of us. We had yet to see a mastermind behind all this, a leader, a higher-ranking individual.

Psychological warfare. A thought that let me shiver because I wasn't sure if the girls - and the Prince of course - were ready for that. Beryl had never acted like that, not even in the Silver Millennium. Outright war was never declared, she simply attacked one day. And after the rebirth the Dark Kingdom obviously lacked the energy to coordinate attacks with several Youma. This enemy didn't which left a whole set of new questions. If they really were connected to our arch enemy as was doubtless the case you would wonder how they acquired resources and energy to operate so freely. That wasn't reassuring at all.

I almost jumped when I was roused from my deep thoughts - not to mention that I had begun to doze off - by the body snuggling up next to me. Luna looked up from her position with a small and soft smile and then settled down to fall asleep the next moment. I let a fond smile chase away the smirk as I studied the other cat peacefully resting. It was a great show of trust for Luna to do what she just did without explanation or protest.

I knew Luna since her youth and I could not deny that I was genuinely worried. She was, bluntly said, working herself to death. While the Senshi received their fair share of stress through the several battles, we worked hard on research. The continuing lack of success was even wearing down on my patience as well. At least she had recovered well from the memory block without any signs other than a bit of disorientation and suspicion that was quickly chalked up to the high stress levels. I really hated Pluto for doing that. Necessary or not.

I had made it a personal task of mine to relieve Luna of some of the stress by dragging her along on hunts or silly stunts. She enjoyed it, protested madly every time I pulled her away from unsuccessful and unnerving research, but she enjoyed it. Our service on the Moon had alienated us I realized. We were slowly reviving bits of the old days. It was for both of our benefit, to keep both of us sane in these hectic times because someone had to. Someone had to be calm and collected. And the Senshi right now were in no state that came remotely close.

"Oyasumi, Luna-chan," I said softly, settling down again and closing my eyes… doing my best to block out the repeated energy waves from below. I really envied Luna for her sound sleep. And there Minako said I was lazy…

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Minako)

Daylight filtered through the curtains into the room and drew a protesting groan from my lips as my sleep-induced mind began to be involuntarily roused from the depths of dreams. I was not a morning person. Never had been. Yet in the last several months I hadn't minded the waking up part so much. Not with the familiar small form of my lover cuddled up against me in a majority of the mornings. Artemis had dryly commented once that Hotaru was the only alarm clock I would listen to. Had chased him around the house for several minutes afterwards.

"Hmm… morning, love…" I mumbled but when my arm came around, expecting to find the form of my lover behind me, I began to realize that something wasn't quite right. It wasn't that we were fixed on one position but I could have sworn we had went to bed with me behind Hotaru. Or did we? "Raven?" I turned around groggily only to find an empty space behind me. Hotaru wasn't there.

It was amazing what the protection sense a Senshi had for her mate could do. Even if it was a totally silly overreaction. From one second to the other my whole being shifted from sleepy to wide-awake, scanning the room while throwing over a robe. I was already out in the hallway before I even realized that and only then did I get a hold on my frantic thoughts to think clearly. Trying to locate my lover over the bond became unnecessary though as my other, quite normal, senses picked up the smell of breakfast from below.

I sighed relieved and was glad nobody could see me right now. My cheeks were probably red from embarrassment. "Jeez, Minako no baka, jumpy much?" I muttered under my breath, as my heartbeat finally settled down and normal breathing began to return. Since I was already up I decided to take a quick shower… alone. Hotaru couldn't be out of bed for too long because I usually noticed, so breakfast should take awhile.

No wonder I was so jumpy though. I tried to play tough leader around the others and while I felt much more responsibility these days even I had my worries and fears. More of them than I would like. My main concern of course was for my friends and teammates as well as my mate. And that in more ways than just one. If it had simply been the Youma battles that would be alright but inner conflicts, school stress and of course all those secrets from England in the back of my mind strained even my nerves to a point where I was threatened to burst anytime. I still had nightmares about that battle with Adonis. And Hotaru… I shook my head. Thinking about this now would only upset my girlfriend. She would know right away that something was wrong and I didn't want to endanger the blissful unawareness of my mate about this matter. No way.

Making my way down the stairs after the quick shower I smiled softly at the sight of Hotaru in the kitchen, moving around like a professional… Well, she was moving in a kitchen sort of like Mako-chan and that was coming close to the term professional after all. While I would never dare combine Okaasan's and my cooking some things that Hotaru had whipped up lately - especially since she was getting tips from my friend - was much better than Okaaasan's ever had been.

For a moment a pang of guilt made itself known. Someone was missing here. Not my parents. They were, sure, but that I was used to already. Priapos was missing. She was my kin sister after all, she should stay here and… the elf had made it pretty clear that she didn't want to be obtrusive. I knew that her kin needed very little sleep actually and most of the time she was out gathering information or staying at the communication center. I wasn't even sure if she had an apartment somewhere or something but knew that my sister could take care of herself. Besides, with Hotaru here on a semi-permanent basis space would become an issue soon.

"Hey, beautiful," I said, breathing in the scent of perfume and something that was particular Hotaru as I wrapped my arms around her waist. Resting my head on her shoulder I played absently with her hair waiting for a good morning kiss as was fashion. After all she hadn't been in bed. I think Hotaru actually was teasing me, not acknowledging my presence at all right away. Just as the pout was beginning to set in she turned her head and smiled at me with unguarded affection which turned into a grin at my half-pout. "Megami-sama, you are beautiful…"

Before I could say anything more her lips found mine for a few endless moments before pulling away slightly breathless. "Morning to you too. Breakfast is just about ready." She swatted my hand away when I briefly let it wander under her robe, overtaken by a sudden desire. It's not that I hadn't gotten my fill last night… or better this morning after I finally REALLY got back but… Well, I couldn't help it. When she smiled at me like this as if I was the most unique thing in the world I always felt an urge to show my own feelings in the best and most powerful way possible.

"Minako!" Her tone was a little playful as she began setting up the table. "People will think we are nymphomaniac."

She giggled a little as I didn't let go of her and nibbled her neck playfully before reluctantly sitting down in my chair. "Oh, I don't know about you but I'm only a Hotarumaniac."

That drew another giggle from her as she tried to make a serious face and form an equal tone of voice for her answer. "Oh, you better be. Otherwise I wouldn't be pleased!"

I watched her for a few moments in silence as she poured some tea in our cups and finally sat down opposite from me. Any other might have missed it. She was acting perfectly normal, nothing out of the ordinary. But any other was not me. Her girlfriend, lover, mate. And as that I just KNEW that something was bothering her.

"So," I asked after we ate in silence for a few minutes. "what is on your mind this morning?" Hotaru tried to feign innocence, raising both eyebrows as if she had no idea what I'm talking about. "Don't give me that look. Something is bothering you." I felt my earlier worry return rapidly. Could it be that she wasn't dealing with the whole situation as well as it seemed after all? I mean, she didn't seem to be too put off by Rei's attitude lately, even seemed to understand a little. One of the traits I loved about the raven-haired girl so much. She was a really compassionate person. Not in a way like Usagi who could literally drown you with love and affection. Hotaru was more the quiet type who wouldn't judge a person from first experience. So what could possible bother her?

Heaving a sigh Hotaru dropped her guarded look. "Oh, it's really nothing. Just family bothering and stuff."

I raised an eyebrow surprised. "There was another call?" She only nodded, expression downcast and a little angry. Angry. There was an expression that utterly didn't suit this lovely face and it made me scream inwardly at Tomoe Souichi and his assistant for giving Hotaru so much trouble. As expected the usual routine had begun three days again. That was a little faster than usual. Obviously my girlfriend's hasty escape from the mansion had not made them too happy.

"Well, as much as I care they can call as often as they want. You don't have to go back there if you don't want to. And if I have to force them legally I will." There was no hesitation in the last statement. As much as I knew that public attention would be the last all of us needed right now I would take that step. I had contacts with the police and other people from my time as Sailor V who surely could help if it really came to that. On the other hand Luna and Artemis were about certain that something was going on in Tomoe-ke anyway and a public exposure they would surely not want to risk.

Hotaru smiled at me as she stood up, moving to the kitchen door. "Arigato. That means a lot to me." After awhile she added, turning around, "I'll get Artemis and Luna down, I think they are up on the roof."

Before she could exit the kitchen, I stopped her once again. "Is there something else?"

The other girl tensed for a moment, practically confirming my suspicion and then relaxed again. "No, nothing."

I frowned a little at her retreating form but decided if it was important she wouldn't hold back with me. Raven will tell me when she's ready, I reminded myself and went back to eating.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Mamoru)

Crown Game Corner wasn't very busy this time of the day. It was still fairly early after all. A few kids from school could be seen, an older woman in her mid-twenties playing at a shooting game and somehow making the impression as if it was a dead serious matter. Looking around I spotted my quarry inspecting one of the automats that apparently had some sort of defect. I would have preferred to do this at our university and not in public like that but while I had classes later this morning Motoki had had his fairly early. Typically, today was the only weekday we didn't have at least one class together. Murphy's Law, I guess.

"Hey, Motoki-kun!" I called out a greeting, causing the young student to glance up from his work and then wave. "Mamoru-kun, what brings you here so early?" I fidgeted for a moment, finding a spot on the ceiling suddenly very interesting. This was SO embarrassing. But I didn't know anyone else I trusted enough to speak to… so… "While you decide whether or not you want to tell me why you are here, why don't you give me that screwdriver right next to you." Mechanically I reached for the object and handed it to my friend. Motoki made a few grunting noises trying to fix whatever he needed to fix and I watched for a while, not really focusing at all.

Oh, what the heck? The problem was not going to solve itself alone and I had spent enough time thinking and worrying myself to death when I should actually have been sleeping or listening to the professors. I couldn't help it though. First all the fights that WERE heavily impacting on my studies, not to mention the occasional extra job and then getting caught by Usagi's parents in an unguarded moment was not good for one's psyche. I had absolutely no idea how to deal with an overprotective father and Tsukino Kenji seemed to be one of the extreme types. I still remembered that glare…

Blinking I realized that Motoki had been speaking to me, obviously finished with his work, and was now looking at me worriedly. I sighed heavily, then took a deep breath. Well, better to get it over with. "Um, gomen. I was just thinking… Um, you see, I'm going to see Usagi's parents today and well, um… they caught us, err… you know kissing when I brought her home yesterday and well… I have no idea what to do…" Kami, that WAS embarrassing. I was babbling like a nervous wreck… which I pretty much was. Could you have blamed me? Those were parents after all. PARENTS.

Motoki looked at me funny for a moment and I really wanted to just disappear. "Oookay," he drew out the word after awhile and then chuckled. I took a half-serious swing at him which only made him laugh more while holding up his hands in mock-surrender. "Gomen, gomen, it's just so… Man, you work quick, don't you? I haven't even realized you were THAT close already. I mean, what did you do, decide overnight and over one date that you suddenly love each other?"

I glared at the other boy, trying not to wince at how close the statement came to the truth. "Yeah so? Do you have a problem with that?" The look I received was pretty much the very definition of doubtful.

"You used to hate each other, fighting all the time, always getting on each other's nerves…"

I shrugged. "Your point being? YOU set us up for that date, you know?" As an afterthought I added, "And that is totally beside the point."

Motoki gave a chuckle but then became more serious. "So, the dreaded parents talk, huh?" I nodded, not feeling comfortable at all with the subject. "What did you do anyway? I mean you two haven't…" He let the sentence trail of at my glare. "Didn't think so. Hmm, I don't know that much about parent talks either. Reika's family is very open-minded and I was only over there WITH them once you know."

"Oh." My shoulders slumped and I leaned a little bit more against the wall. So much for help. I really wanted to get some tips before meeting the Tsukino family later in the day. Motoki gave me a sympathetic look. "Oh, don't worry, you'll be fine. You are a very well respected student, lived independent on your own for the better part of your life, still have a little income. Just be yourself." The other boy paused for a moment. "You love her, don't you? Really, I mean? Parents can sense that, when you don't, I mean."

I nodded firmly. There was the one thing again that I could attest to without thought. The actual relationship might only be a few days old - not counting the time in my past life which I couldn't very well mention outside from the Senshi - but I could say that I really did love Tsukino Usagi, in all her forms. "Yes, I do. It's if we are meant for each other or something." I tried to let it sound a little like a joke but the serious tone didn't help. After all it was true, wasn't it?

Truth to be told I never really had much time to think about it with the stress of the last days. And that was why I was so worried. There was still so much I didn't know about Usagi, things I really wanted to find out but didn't have the time yet. And being an orphan I didn't have much experience dealing with parental figures. What the heck was I supposed to tell them? I love your daughter because we were already a couple in a past life and she saved my life being a hero? Right, that would go over SO well. Maybe I shouldn't have spoken to Motoki after all. I couldn't tell him all that either…

The other boy had been staring at me for awhile and it began to make me feel uncomfortable. Then Motoki suddenly relaxed and gave me a friendly pat on the shoulder. "Good." His expression still serious, he continued, "I meant what I told you awhile back, you know? That Usagi's like a little sister to me. If you hurt her, her parents will be your least problem."

And somehow I believed him. I wasn't quite sure where the difference was right now but Motoki had made this particular statement in both the original and the repeated year. Many things had been quite similar and that was one of them. "Just try to be yourself, Mamoru-kun. You are a nice boy, I'm sure they'll like you."

"Arigato, Motoki-kun. I think I feel a little better now," I replied, actually feeling a bit more hopeful. He was right after all. I was being an idiot, worrying myself silly. All that was accomplishing was to make sure I was so nervous that it really showed. I always prided myself to be a calm person and I should be that. With all that had been gone on in my life, I should be able to handle Usagi's parents…

Right?

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Rei)

There was something utterly calming about the simple task of sweeping leaves in the yard of the Jinja. It just happened to totally elude me today…

With a sigh of defeat I put away the broom and called Yuuichirou over so that he could take over again and went into the Jinja without another word. I should probably be up in my room practicing or at least preparing for later this afternoon. After all there was only an hour and a half left, I would have to leave forty minutes at best. There wasn't even a REASON for coming back here from school other than changing clothes… Distracted as I was I had donned the temple robes and until now never bothered to correct that. Therefore this little detail didn't became a problem as I felt myself walking straight towards the meditation chamber, my feet following a force of their own that definitely wasn't mine. Although I didn't protest. Maybe some meditation would do the trick. I usually felt better after that. Of course as luck would have it, I would probably end up with a prophetic vision announcing the end of the world. Just great.

Nonetheless I sat down in front of the Holy Fire and began to clear my mind… There was a lot to clear. Training, battles, school, the audition this afternoon, the Jinja… Training I really didn't mind that much, it sort of helped to get me focused on something actually. With the relentless pace you didn't have much time to think. If you thought about anything other than your sparring partner it would result in some serious pain in the morning. The battles were stressful but more or less had the same result. Ojiji obviously had sensed my rising stress level and decreased training a little. I ALMOST wished he didn't.

No, what really bothered me was merely an hour away, that and the combination of everything together. Such minutes as now were almost non-existent in the last days, I rarely had time to take a breath, just reflect or let go more for more than a short span of time. When I came home the bed usually was the first choice.

Then there was Minako. I hated myself already for fighting with her. I knew instinctively that I had deserved that slap a couple of days ago. Her personal life wasn't my business and I had allowed myself a lapse of judgment by going after that Youma without thinking. It was just… Oh, who was I trying to fool. The reason for my recent attitude towards our leader was mostly Hotaru. There were just so many things that didn't add up, Luna had even said Minako and Artemis were holding secrets from her. As a miko you just had a knack for such things. You know when you think you know something very important is there and you can't pinpoint it as much as you might try. And that this something could very well be devastating to you and those around you. That was what I felt every time I looked at the shy dark-haired girl.

"…no-san… Hino-san?"

My eyes snapped open, having almost achieved the level of spiritual awareness necessary for a successful meditation. My eyes met equally deep purple ones and all of a sudden pictures flashed before my eyes. Too fast, too blurry to get more than a glimpse of them. Of two young girls, around six maybe, laughing and playing like innocent children tend to go. Of the same girls, around eight now surrounded by flames, the black-haired one calling out for the other one that was slowly consumed by fire, an ominous shadow hovering over them and slowly descending. Of the same dark-haired girl crying in an older, white-haired man's lap. Of the same two girls as earlier - I could tell - only older locked in some sort of deathly combat. Of another blonde-haired girl - Minako? - trying to separate them and being taken away by the brown-haired one. Of… yes, definitely Venus now crying out for a shadowed girl - a Senshi? - wielding a long glaive. A sign was briefly flaring on the shadow's forehead but before I could get a clear glimpse the shadow swung the glaive down and everything was bathed into an infinite, black void…

With a jerk I fell backwards, eyes wildly scanning the room as the vision slowly faded away only leaving a startled and somewhat confused Tomoe Hotaru standing to the side of the fire an apologetic look on her face.

What the fuck was that?

"Gomen nasei, Hino-san, I didn't mean to startle you. Daijobu desu?" I shook my head several times to clear it from the hammering sensation that threatened to burst it any moment and scrambled to stand up. Brushing my robe more to distract myself for a moment and collecting my composure than smoothing the material I finally turned to acknowledge the other girl.

"What are you doing here, Tomoe-san?" The surprise about this mere fact was beginning to register; the girl had any right to avoid me actually and therefore I would have thought I was the last person she would come to see on a school day if she clearly would have more joy to be in Minako's presence. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously. "Or was that Minako's idea?"

The other girl shook her head and moved in front of the fire to inspect the altar a bit more thoroughly. For a moment I had to fight the urge to snap at her but it seemed that Hotaru was genuinely interested. "Iie, Minako has NO idea that I am here." I had not really believed so. One thing had become apparent. My friend was very protective of Hotaru and you rarely saw them separated these days other than training - which, I reminded myself, was mostly due to me.

I waited patiently for her to continue, knowing that pressing further would achieve little. The girl had obviously come on her own accord and she would share with me the cause of that anyway. Right now I didn't mind the silence as I watched the other girl inspect the Holy Fire and the altar in an almost clinical fashion. "My mother used to read the stars. Not those fancy types who have no idea what they are talking about. The real thing I mean." I blinked, slightly confused at the openness of the statement - after all there was no reason for her to share this with me - but stayed silent, pictures of the vision still dancing through my mind. That one girl was… could be… No, impossible. I would KNOW already if it were that way. No, it simply couldn't be. Yet…

"I never wanted to be the cause for two people so close to be fighting. I will not stand by and just watch though." Hotaru looked up and I felt myself swallowing slightly at the deep, penetrating gaze that suddenly seemed to betray the girl's actual age. "Whatever you might think. I DO love Minako and therefore I don't want her to be unhappy because she has to fight with her friends. Things don't always have to turn out the way you think they will. I could care less about society. But I care about Minako and she is VERY sad right now that you are giving her trouble over this."

I stiffened a little as the dark-haired girl went past, stopping just at the right moment to look me directly in the eyes. "Be careful, or you might be the one to do what you fear could happen to us." And I saw it then. I saw that silent but strong determination to defend the only thing that mattered to her more than life itself. Minako. The realization left me slightly breathless and the intensity was no longer deniable. There was no doubt that the girl had spoken the truth. Tomoe Hotaru LOVED Aino Minako. But had this ever been the problem? Had this fact really been doubted?

"I still don't trust you," I heard myself saying as Hotaru was opening the door to the room and turned around to face her. The other girl stopped for a moment, hand on the edge of the door.

"I know. I don't expect you to. I know the feeling too well to care anymore…" There was a slight tingle of regret and sadness and for a moment I felt my heart reaching out to her at the loneliness in the statement. "Just try to accept Us. If not for me, then for Minako."

Again she moved forward, only to turn her head back to me with a sympathetic look that I truly didn't expect and that managed to rob me the ability of denial at the following statement, softly spoken. "I am truly sorry that you had to experience… that. We must remind you of… that person and you, right?" After a short pause, she added, "I understand," and was gone.

Left standing mouth slightly agape there was only one question running through my head.

How could she possibly have known?

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Luna)

For once the morning had gone by without an incident. No Youma, no abnormalities, no nothing… Well, except the fact maybe that an exhausted Usagi had dragged herself to school to not draw further suspicion to herself and was apparently lost in worry for the upcoming meeting between her parents and Mamoru. It would have been a funny sight to behold seeing my blonde charge sitting morosely in Crown Fruit Parlor with her best friend and Unazuki trying to talk some courage into her if it hadn't been such a serious thing. Not to mention the irony of Mamoru talking to Motoki at the same exact time only a block next to them. I had seen them on my way here.

I caught pieces of the conversation between the three girls but could guess already about the content. Naru actually was pretty demure and serious in appearance while Motoki's sister tried to cheer Usagi up. "… really shouldn't worry so much, Usagi-san. I mean what could they possible do? I mean, you love Mamoru-kun, don't you?" The redheaded younger Furuhata said, resting her elbows on the table, head in her hands as she looked at Usagi curiously. I hopped up to my charge's shoulder and gave a purr of reassurance, expecting to be scratched in turn and a little disappointed that nothing happened. Did that really bother her so much?

I shivered a little and looked around alarmed but there was nothing out of the ordinary. That is if you didn't count a pair of emerald eyes watching me closely, almost knowingly. Why was Naru staring at me like that? That was really unsettling. It was almost as if she knew… something. I wasn't sure what. Just something. Of course you couldn't help but notice how stressed out the Senshi were from the last days and that had to show. Yet why would the girl look at ME so strangely? Granted, behind that gentle, kind exterior was a sharp mind. Usagi's oldest friend was not easily fooled and once or twice during the fight with the reborn Dark Kingdom I had wondered if the girl suspected something about her best friend. And I also couldn't be sure if Nephrite hadn't told her about Usagi. He had said the opposite but still…

Well, that was something I could focus on later, I decided as a low moan from Usagi snapped me out of my trance, Naru's eyes leaving me to settle upon her friend again. "You have no idea what Otousan is like. If we don't do some quick talking he might chase him out of the house with a shotgun before we even managed to sit down." Granted that was slightly exaggerated but I wouldn't exactly put it beyond the man. No, on second thought, it wasn't exaggerated at all. Tsukino Kenji was as overprotective as a father could get. "And after that misunderstanding yesterday," my charge continued, "I'm surprised we are still alive." Usagi gave another sigh. "We wanted to take it slow, you know? Parents talk was the last thing on our list."

Naru reached out to take her friend's hands in hers and her serious face was momentarily obscured by a gentle smile. "Usagi-chan, stop worrying yourself to death. Your parents love you and just want to make sure you are happy. Most kids our age would wish to have such a stable family AND a boyfriend." I could only agree with the girl. Serenity had made quite sure that her daughter was born into a stable, loving family, sometimes I wondered while the other girls hadn't. It hardly seemed fair. But then again what was fair in life anyway? My, Artemis would have scolded me for that train of thought. I shouldn't be so bitter.

"Naru-chan is right," Unazuki spoke up, retrieving Usagi's empty glass. "Mamoru is a nice guy. I know him since he and 'niisan went to high school together. I'm sure your parents will like him. I'm sure your mother will and you should never underestimate the power of a mom!" That brought a smile from all three girls and I felt a temporary flash of memory and feelings that hadn't stirred in me for awhile. Memories of my own childhood… I shook my head to clear it and could swear that Naru had been watching me again.

Usagi seemed a little more relaxed now and Naru and her went to leave, Usagi obviously trying to mask her nervousness by chitchatting now. "Did you know that Motoki had a sister?"

The auburn-haired girl shook her head, glancing back over her shoulder at Unazuki already treating other customers. "I had no idea. I'm not sure I would have seen the relation if they were standing next to each other."

Usagi nodded as the two went out into the street, at about the same time as Mamoru obviously decided to do the same. The look on their faces as they both stopped and realized that the other had had obviously the same idea was truly hilarious. To mine and Naru's credit I must say that we managed to contain the laughter… barely.

They would probably not have snapped out of it for several more moments if Naru hadn't interrupted the growing silence. Pointing at the opposite side of the street, she called out, "Hey, isn't that your new friend's friend?" I turned and saw Priapos in human form looking over to us and waving when she was spotted. Interesting, the elf rarely was out in public since I had known her. First I suspected that something had happened but she didn't really seem troubled. I still didn't have any clue where she was staying since coming back from the scouting mission, only that it wasn't at Minako's.

"Hey… Pr… I mean, Erubia-san… What are you doing here?" We had come up with the name on the spot the last time the Efadio had been spotted with us. Granted it wasn't really spectacular but enough to cover for her if she was seen during a battle without her glamour and being called by her own name. Elves usually know how to mingle with the locals without problems.

Priapos smiled pleasantly and bowed to the three. "Nothing much. Everyone seems to be out or doing something today, so I thought I might as well walk around a bit." Everyone was doing something? Minako and Hotaru too? Oh well, at least there wasn't another Youma running around. One day of relaxing from fighting might as well do wonders for the girls.

"Well, we've got to go," Usagi said somewhat demure with a meaningful look at Mamoru which the taller student returned with a wary one of his own. "No better time than the present they say after all." Turning back to Naru who I noticed had been staring at Priapos the whole time, Usagi added, "Arigato for helping me out Naru-chan. See you tomorrow?" The other girl merely nodded which drew a raised eyebrow from my charge. Usagi looked back and forth between Naru and Priapos who seemed to take the other girl's stare with amusement and a little curiosity, and shrugged before grabbing Mamoru and dragging him down the street.

I glanced back at the two wondering what exactly was going on but decided that more seriously matters should be dealt with now. Like giving some silent support to my charge and her prince…

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Ami)

Discarding my jacket and putting the mail on the nearby table I leaned against the door of the apartment room for a few moments. School had gone by uneventful if you didn't count that I had actually missed the first period because I overslept. Not that I had really wanted to get out of bed at all. I thought that we really needed a breather from all of this or making the finals this year would become a serious problem. Maybe not for me but for Usagi and the others. That last test two days ago had proven that the constant juggle from social and Senshi life was having an impact on everyone's grades… and Usagi had really become better lately. Heck, even I had barely made the A.

Makoto wasn't back from training yet I noted. I usually had an extra class in the afternoon and the brunette would be home already, either that or she occasional waited for me. Not so today. I was seriously wondering how my host could stay so… calm. I mean she obviously even had time to venture to the other side of Tokyo for her training with all of this going on. Her grades had dropped slightly but not really noteworthy. I had to say that I was impressed. Not that her grades were in any stellar range but they were okay, considering the training and fighting.

I picked up one of the letters on the top of the low pile while placing the rest on the table and sat down on the couch with a weary sigh. I knew that the letter was for me. I didn't even need to see that it was forwarded. There was simply no need because I had expected the letter to come in the span of the next days. Therefore I merely glanced at the address, not really reading, more knowing.

Application for International Medical School

Berlin, Germany

"It's no use," I mumbled, taking out a small box. I tucked the envelope away in it, not even bothering to open it. I knew anyway what would be in there. Almost the same as last year. And last year I hadn't felt ready for some reason, probably because of my fate as a Senshi. This year, right NOW… There wasn't even a question, was there? I couldn't let them see it. Even giving the slight hint that I was thinking of… No. Usagi would surely start and then they would all urge me to go. Follow your dream. How could I follow my dream, knowing that my absence could be the crucial part in the downfall of the only friends I ever had?. No, they absolutely couldn't see or know about it. "The best choice is not always the best personal choice anyway."

"And if the best choice and the best personal choice are the same?" My head jerked up at the sound of the other voice. Makoto stood in the entrance, leaning relaxed against the door. I was glad that I had placed the box back already because I'm sure my nervousness was enough of a giveaway.

"Maybe. But there are always equal choices to be considered," I answered quietly after awhile. Her gaze was unnerving and I was about ready to show annoyance in order to divert attention.

Suddenly the taller girl dropped her gaze and stepped away from the wall, walking over to me and began to look through the mail that was mostly hers. "Of course there are." For a moment I thought she would push further but again I was in for a surprise as she looked at me mildly curious. "Did they buy the story?" I must have looked really stupid because I had absolutely no idea what Makoto was talking about. My mind was so wrapped up with the letter I couldn't think of anything else for the moment. "Why we were late today," the other girl explained further with an arched eyebrow.

I blinked. No way she just dropped that! Makoto tended to be as curious as Usagi and Minako sometimes and she would not let an obvious secret uncovered. Not this way. "Uh… err… Sure. No trouble at all," I managed to answer, still searching for a hidden tactic to bring me to confess.

"Oh, that's good." And with that Makoto turned to go into the kitchen, leaving me a little stunned, watching her back. I mean she must have guessed at least pieces. Was that why she didn't say anything? Weird. I had thought I knew what I was getting into when I decided to take up the brunette's offer to share her apartment with her for college but it appeared there was a lot of things I still didn't know about my friend. Not that I wasn't glad about not having to explain myself right now - because I really didn't think I could handle another problem at the moment - but her behavior was a little odd.

She had handled Minako and her girlfriend quite well, even made an attempt to befriend the shy Hotaru. Don't get me wrong I knew already that Makoto had a big heart and usually was really good with people if you let her, especially often misunderstood outcasts. However, this new level of calmness was a little unnerving. The Makoto I remembered from the first year as a Senshi and the meetings during our sleeping phase was a lot more temperamental. Was it just the training with her new sensei?

"Here." I looked up startled at the sound of Makoto's soft voice. How long had I sat here thinking? A steaming cup of coffee was held out in front of me and for a moment I could just stare at it, at times glancing up at my friend. There weren't any unspoken questions or curiosity in those emerald eyes, just a hint of worry, a little understanding and something I could not quite define. "You looked like you needed something strong."

Gingerly I took the cup from her, sipping a few times from the hot but incredible soothing liquor. Usually I wasn't much of a coffee drinker but Makoto had been right. Today I really needed one. My friend sat next to me and I could feel her eyes upon me, watching but not really intense. Turning my head to look at her our eyes met and for a moment none of us said something. I felt incredible vulnerable all of a sudden, as if I was baring my soul. But at the same time I just KNEW that as long as it was the tall brunette I didn't have to fear anything.

I shook my head slightly to clear it and the moment passed. "Why are you…?" I began but Makoto didn't let me finish.

And she sounded totally convinced answering, "It's not my place. I won't pry into other people's business." There was something unsaid, some hidden truth that should have been in this sentence but wasn't. However, for the moment I took Makoto's advise and let it rest.

Silence settled over the two of us as we sat on the couch and I slowly nipped on my coffee… At least until the communicator beeped again, drawing mutual noises of disapproval from both of us.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Minako)

Pursuing Rei was an easy thing. Stealth was one thing Artemis and I had learned to perfection even before Priapos' training. Of course I had known Hotaru was up to something. It was not at all like her to just "have something to do" after school. While I actually wished and encouraged her to make other social contacts this was not just done from one day to another. And if, she would have had no reason to hide it from me.

Maybe it was a bit paranoia that eventually led me to the Jinja. I had no real intention to not trust my girlfriend but could not deny a bit of worry, especially in the current situation. Not that Rei would do something foolish but… Oh well, maybe I was a little overprotective. Yet, I had sworn it to myself. There would be no repeat of England if I could help it in any way. We had come so close to losing each other. If I came about as the overprotective girlfriend, fine. That I could deal with.

So… Why was I trailing Rei?

The miko had seem to be utterly distraught when she left the Jinja in a hurry. Something about speaking to Hotaru must have upset her. Shocked her might be a better word for it. I could not deny that the behavior of my friend had hurt because it did. Not as much the accusation but more like fighting with her in general. Rei was a very temperamental person but she was also easily forgiving. She would never stay mad at a friend for long and if, it was only well-meant and at times hiding affection. The miko was a proud person, that much was for sure and she might not like asking for help. Help she obviously needed with whatever bugged her.

Fighting with Rei hurt because we were friends, teammates and while it is not that we had always seen eye to eye there had been a trust between us from the beginning. In the Silver Millennium it was no different, I remembered. We had been virtually strangers to each other when we were assigned as Serenity's guard. However, we had immediately bonded. And in this life as well… And that I had to defend my judgment against Rei, it feel like that trust somehow lacked. As if she was deliberately - or maybe subconsciously - putting distance between us.

Taking to the rooftops I watched her take a number of buses before arriving at a bigger building. I blinked at the name, sitting there on the low roof dumbly for a few moments, almost losing sight of the miko. Shaking my head I cast a last glance at the bright letters over the entrance and touched down to ground level, shifting forms with my compact mirror to easily mingle with the crowd and not accidentally alerting Rei to my presence.

The name over the entrance stated clearly: "Mitoki Muscial Studios". Very slowly things began to fall into place. This was a big company. One of the newer ones that had dedicated itself to finding young talents and ultimately make them known in the international area. Just being in this building meant a lot. I should know since I secretly dreamt of it myself. Criteria were hard though and with my sport activities and now Senshi business I doubted to ever have the time needed to succeed. How Rei had managed was a puzzle to me. A puzzle I intended to solve.

Security couldn't catch a Senshi after all. About fifteen minutes later I had managed to perch on top of some supporter beams on the ceiling, carefully hidden from cameras and everyone's view. The downside was that I couldn't follow Rei anymore but I was more curious about her singing. I never knew she could and before I wanted to allow myself to make some kind of judgment I had to see and hear this first.

The minutes ticked by, almost stretching into an hour while I watched two more teenage girls and a young man on stage. They were okay I guess but I wasn't paying much attention to them. That had been diverted to the raven-haired girl who entered somewhere in-between the first two, sitting in one corner, seemingly lost in a mixture of deep thought and nervousness. Every so often her eyes scanned the room, coming dangerously close to spot my hiding place, before settling down again to stare into her lap.

Great. Just what we need. She's not seriously thinking of going through with this NOW, is she? I sighed wistfully. Of course I in her situation wasn't sure if I could withstand the temptation. She must have had this running before she was reawakened. Something like that didn't just happen from one day to another and it certainly explained her behavior. That was still not a reason to keep this secret and vent your frustration on someone else. Especially if this someone was my girlfriend.

My short burst of anger evaporated the moment Rei stepped onto the stage, facing the assembled crowd that mostly contained of judges and other agents. Outwardly calm and collected, her mask surprisingly perfect I could see the quiver in her spirit though. The nervousness, the torn and distracting thoughts. Rei was definitely uncertain how to deal with all of this which was almost alien. The miko always seemed to be able to manage a crisis of whatever kind well by herself. Yet training, fighting, school and now this. It was bound to take its toll on the strongest spirit.

Then Rei began singing and I nearly fell down from the beam, struck by the sheer… beauty. For a moment I struggled to make a connection between the strong-willed, tempered girl and the soft, a little sad voice bearing a note of devotion and belief I was rendered speech- and motionless. I knew enough about singing and performance to understand that Rei was GOOD, really good. And an achievement no less was that she didn't let any of her stress influence her performance.

So lost in the soft ballade pouring from my friend's lips I might be forgiven to not notice my senses tingle for a few moments. When I did it was already too late to intercept the Youma suddenly breaking through the ceiling only a few meters from my position. I swore and jumped back, calculating my fall and drawing my henshin pen.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Mamoru)

Firming my resolve I brought my motorcycle around the last corner into the street and helped Usagi down in front of her house. Of course she was very capable to do that herself but at the same time both of us were aware of the watchful gazes from the front door. We had homogenous decided to show up together even though it would be more custom for the invited guest to show up alone. This was supposed to show a joint front.

Noting with relief that the gesture of chivalry had obviously been taken well by both adults I locked eyes with Usagi once before my jerking my head back in the direction of the house and forcing myself into a slow and steady pace that hopefully did not appear nervous. Usagi heaved an exaggerated sigh next to me and to my utter astonishment - judged by her own nervousness - managed to glare at her parents. "Would you stop overdoing it? You make us feel like we're criminals!" With a gesture she indicated at the identical position the two Tsukinos had had taken on opposites sides of the front door, appearing to all witnesses much like guards in front of a castle. While Usagi's mother seemed more relaxed and probably more curious than anything else, the suspicious glare from her husband was enough to nullify that relieving effect.

Both adults had the decency to blush and Usagi's mother hurriedly ushered her muttering husband into the house, politely beckoning for us to follow. Greetings and pleasantries were exchanged and the tension had dropped a little. I favored Usagi with a grateful smile and looked around. That was practically the first time I was in here. Yesterday's entrance had been hurried, getting Usagi up to her room and very quickly retreating from Tsukino Kenji, and had left not much time for closer inspection. There wasn't that much to inspect either. That didn't mean that the inside was boring, far from it. Living in an apartment made you envy those that had a whole house to themselves all the more. I never had had much of that. Growing up as an orphan and very early living on my own made me long for an environment with a real family, a nice house, siblings maybe…

No, Tsukino-ke wasn't boring. It was pretty much standard for a Japanese house harboring a four-headed family, nothing extraordinary spacious or decorated. It was the kind of place I would have wished to have grown up in. Having lost even the foggy memories of a six-year old in the accident I couldn't even recall what it had been like as a small kid. All I remembered was the orphanage and living alone…

"Mamo-chan!" The low hiss from my girlfriend brought me back to reality and I blinked several times. Ikuko had stopped at the entrance of the living room where she had obviously prepared dinner, a look of worry on her face, while Kenji frowned at me. Usagi for her part mirrored her mother's expression threefold at least.

"Daijobu," I tried to soothe her worry. Clearing my throat I bowed apologetically. "Gomen nasei. I was lost in thought." Thinking for a moment if it would be wise, I finally settled for the possibility of sympathy. "My parents died when I was six in a car accident and I lost practically all of my memories." Again I had to clear my throat as my voice tightened with sudden thick emotion. "It was a little overwhelming…"

A bit startled to feel Usagi's hand seeking out mine and giving a strong squeeze I saw that my revelations obviously had an instant effect on the older woman, her eyes full of compassion for a moment before composing herself again. "It is quite already, Chiba-san. Please come in. You two must be hungry." Usagi's father's gaze lasted a little bit longer on me, more thoughtful now, before he turned and followed his wife in. I heaved a sigh. It never did me any good to bring this topic up but I usually felt more detached when talking about it. Not so… emotional.

Usagi smiled softly at me and tugged at my hand, for some reason much more relaxed now although I could swear that there had been traces of moisture in her left eye. Taking a few moments to gather my resolve once again, I felt that some of the ice had already been broken between Usagi's family and myself which had been the sole reason why I had been willing to bring that detail of my past up that only Usagi knew about to such a detailed degree. I wasn't quite sure if being an orphan would be approved or only cause for greater trouble but both Tsukino's didn't strike me as the type to be close-minded. Protective, yes. But I supposed that was a trait all parents had in common when it came to their children. For a moment I wondered what my parents would have said to Usagi but quickly banished the thought. This was NOT an appropriate time.

Dinner proceeded in a semi-tense silence, neither side either yet daring to disrupt it or not really wanting to. The two adults exchanged a few looks once in awhile. I would have done likewise with Usagi but she was too focused on her food to do so I realized with quiet amusement. She was NOT using her normal eating speed, trying her best to not fall back in old habits. While the blonde girl had really made a jump in manners and the training from Priapos began to show in her body language and increased balance it was apparently impossible to totally cure Tsukino Usagi of wolfing her food down in giant heaps. It might be incredulous to admit but I was glad about that. There were just some things about the innocent, carefree Usagi that were not right to be changed.

And honestly, one could not blame her the still above average speed with which she digested her mother's quite delicate food. "This really tastes good, Tsukino-san," I commented in an attempt to break the silence which became a little uncomfortable.

The other woman hid a slight blush and smiled in acknowledgment of the compliment. "Well, one has to keep those three fed. I swear you can't let either one of them in a kitchen."

Usagi laughed at that and scratched her head in embarrassment. "It has to come from 'tousan's family side." The elder Tsukino just grumbled at the comment to which we all laughed, even Kenji joining in after awhile.

Tension lifted the rest of the dinner proceeded in small talk, occasional question about my studies interspersed in-between. Those, however, stayed on the surface for quite awhile, everyone now enjoying the pleasant conversation. For a few minutes it seemed as if we were just a normal family enjoying dinner. The feeling was warming and as I caught Ikuko's warm smile in my direction after awhile I wondered if it was intentional. Usagi's mother definitely made clear from which's side of the family Usagi's easygoing and compassionate attitude came and let me wonder how much actually was a reborn personality from the Silver Millennium and how much came from the Tsukinos.

Kenji for his part was mostly silent, only adding a comment here or there. That made me uneasy for some reason because I was expecting the serious, pointed question at any moment. I squirmed a little under the intense look that was neither hostile nor friendly. His expression was hard to read and it appeared that the man was deep in thought, something that after Usagi's descriptions and the encounter from yesterday night I wasn't sure whether to be glad or worried about.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Rei)

I.

"MARS…"

HATE.

"STAR…"

My.

"POWER!"

Life!

"MAKE UP!"

Analytically seen it was truly amazing how quick a whole crew of several dozen people of a wide spectrum of ages could manage to clear a big hall within seconds the moment a giant salamander-like Youma and just after it a mad flurry of golden beams, not only masking wielder and Youma but me as well, dropped onto the stage. I didn't even want to ask why Minako was here. I really, REALLY didn't want to ask.

Things had gone so well after that encounter with Tomoe Hotaru, her last words still spooking in my mind all through the audition. Somehow I had managed to cast those thoughts aside and loose myself in the music, channeling the emotions into the words and my voice. In a way the most important part of today had been much less stressing than the rest.

And that fucked up Youma had the audacity to interrupt MY moment which I had worked months for? Which I had devoted most of my free time to. Which I had took the risk of alienating a friend? Which I HAD unleashed the strain of the constant pressure of my life on a maybe slightly suspicious but still rather innocent-seeming girl for? Just if you couldn't tell, I was ANGRY. Furious actually and not even that began to really describe it.

Taking a deep breath I tried to clear my mind and focus my rage on the enemy effectively instead of blindly while Venus landed next to me. It wasn't really working. "Ugly thing," the blonde Senshi of Love commented dryly, casting me a glance that could mean a lot of things. A lot of things I really didn't have either the time or patience now to figure out. The Youma wasn't really fazed from the initial assault. Not really a miracle since the giant salamander that reached almost under the ceiling standing on its hint legs was completely coated in fire. Red and oranges flames were crackling around its body which would make an elemental attack practically useless. I was to angry to care.

"FIRE SOUL!" As expected the fireball was sucked in almost instantly by the fiery armor and we had to jump clear as the Youma lunged for us. "Kuso," I cursed. Parts of the interior of the hall were already beginning to catch fire.

"That is SO not good," Venus mumbled trying it with her Wink-Chain Sword but only eliciting a similar reaction. We looked at each other a little helplessly and it wasn't helping that my mind was partially clouded with a red haze that made any kind of logical thinking impossible. I didn't listen to Venus' shouts and jumping clear of fire breath and lunges from the Youma I continued to bombard the thing with fireballs and mandalas to no avail other than the purpose of venting my anger.

It came as it had to come and so lost in my own rage I completely missed a move Priapos would have thrown me off a cliff for missing. When the lashing tail smashed into me my vision blurred and turned black for a few moments. As I came back to my senses a searing pain and the smell of burned flesh had an unpleasant but also an oddly clearing effect on me. It helped to clear my mind. I couldn't allow myself to lose my cool. We were elemental-mismatched and from what I could see Venus wasn't really keen on going into close combat with that thing. If we just had a way to stun it for a few moments to make a new plan…

A vision flared in front of my eyes. Memories of a long passed life. Foremost though, knowledge. Sometimes it really was an annoying trait. That those memory flashes always happened in the heat of battle. However, at the same time it had often saved our collective butts more than once. We never really talked about it but often a maneuver or reaction would just happen instinctively because it reminded our Senshi personalities of a similar situation in our former lives.

"MARS…"

Twirling into a spiral much like Venus did with her chain I managed to clear my mind under the cleansing holy flames surrounding me briefly.

"SNAKE FIRE!"

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Usagi)

Dinner was more or less finished, right now all of us were only picking at the remains in an attempt to prolong getting to the serious topic, or so it seemed at least. I was glad that the tension had lifted a little but it had been replaced by reluctance which created a totally new kind of tension… Okaasan was obviously trying to be pleasant but she kept exchanging looks with Otousan who I had no idea what he was thinking about. The fact that he was thinking was probably the most disturbing thing. Not that 'tousan wasn't intelligent, he simply tended to overreaction and overprotection when it came to me and Shingo. I hadn't expected him to be that thoughtful… and silent.

Maybe he was still thinking about Mamoru's revelation from earlier. I had heard that story once and it had pained me. I had felt terrible that moment in the elevator to Starlight Tower. Terrible and vulnerable because I had always thought him to be stuck-up and arrogant. Then Mamoru related his parents' death to me. To ME of all people. That was when I realized that even if we might clash in a few areas that Mamoru just tried to lead a normal life despite his past and orphan status and that in a way we were pretty similar. Ever since becoming Sailormoon my life had been different and all throughout that first year I had carried the wish within myself to just return to the normal life as a mere schoolgirl and a normal family…

I shook my head to clear the memory of that event. All in all I believe it was a big step for Mamoru to speak about his deceased and forgotten family. It had shown. To me in that elevator and before dinner tonight. There was no way my parents would have missed it. I looked up at the clock reading a little past five that it was a pretty early dinner at this…

The silence had become almost touchable for awhile now and therefore I actually jumped a little as the mostly silent person, namely my 'tousan, suddenly spoke up. "So, you are studying here at Azabu University, Chiba-san?" It was a casual question as most were before but also a little more personal.

Mamoru was obviously startled as well at the question and needed a few seconds to reply, swallowing some of his food. "Ah… Hai. I'm studying medicine and a little journalism." An… odd combination. I knew about the medicine part but that my boyfriend was apparently in journalism wasn't that surprising I had seen him work on some things now and then the last days but always assumed it was just for one of the side jobs he kept to finance his studies.

Otousan raised an eyebrow and you could see a certain interest sparkling behind his glasses. "Really? How… interesting. Have you ever done any photography?" Of course he would ask that. That was after all Otousan's job and he was good at that. I watched him and Mamoru with some amusement and not a small amount of relief beginning to chat more familiar and excited in a matter of minutes. While Mamoru apparently hadn't done much in the area of photography he showed a genuine interest in Kenji's description of his work which was likewise returned when my boyfriend began to talk about the differences about the university today compared to my 'tousan's days. I glanced over at Okaasan and saw her winking at me which brought a soft smile to my lips. Luna who had been silently perched atop my right shoulder throughout dinner made a small sighing noise. Realizing that I had almost forgotten about her presence which WAS helping I scratched her under the chin much to the cat's delight.

Of course that relative peace wasn't supposed to last long. I should have known better than Otousan just dropping the issue of last night like that. Yet I had lost myself in the hope that everything would work out, now that the two men had found some common thing to talk about. Therefore it took me - and Mamoru too - off guard as Kenji's expression became serious once more in a slight talking pause and he leveled a piercing stare at both of us. "Now. I can see that Chiba-san obviously is a really nice guy and normally I would even approve, demo…" Both of us swallowed a little, knowing exactly what was coming.

Okaasan intervened at this point, taking over for her husband in one fluent motion. "Look we don't want to be judgmental but what Kenji is saying we still have no real idea what exactly you two were doing out so late, not to mention that you were pretty exhausted Usagi. Of course we would be worried about you." Otousan was about to add his own comment but thought better of it after a chastening look from his wife.

"Well we…" I started, trying to take some pressure from Mamoru but he cut me off with a gesture.

Taking a deep breath he made a point in fixing Kenji with his eyes while answering, "I was merely bringing your daughter home from an exhausting night of studying and training with her friends, Tsukino-san." There was a flicker of… something. I couldn't pinpoint it but it reminded me of that aspect of royalty in me whenever Serenity had emerged. It was a silent but convincing determination. Okaasan blinked a little at the manner of answer but 'tousan held Mamoru's gaze for a few moments before nodding slowly.

"I… see. What kind of training are we speaking about here?" A few drops of sweat promptly formed on my forehead, trying to think up something to cover my boyfriend's little slip…

"A friend of the girls decided to give them some basic Martial Arts training." Or not. I gaped silently at Mamoru, making small gagging noises, not quite believing what I heard. What the hell is he doing, I wanted to hiss that last thought at him but feared that would only make it worse. Luna for her part let out a startled mewing. It became apparent that my decision to remain silent was a good thing because Mamoru proved to have everything under control. At Okaasan's troubled and a little shocked expression and Otousan's narrowed gaze he actually managed to look and sound convincing. "I mean, you know. With all those monsters lately running around wouldn't you be more relieved to know your daughter is able to protect herself if necessary? And I know some Martial Arts too and can tell you Erubia-san is very good."

THAT reasoning effectively stunned the whole table until I noticed with some growing dread that my communicator that I had switched to silent had been trying to relate me an emergency call for the last twenty minutes… Both Luna and I sweatdropped, not to mention were a little worried about the others.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Artemis)

It hadn't been a problem to follow Minako… Well, actually I had been following Hotaru and with that probably acting on the same instinct that had Minako prompted to do the same thing. I wasn't sure if she had spotted me yet but suspected it highly. We were so used to each other that the other always knew instinctively than the other was around. Witnessing the scene unfold below that became a mood point anyway.

With a hissing roar the flames shot from Mars' open palms forward to encircle the giant salamander like a vivid piece of rope. The attack didn't have its name for nothing because in less than a few seconds the magical flames had effectively bound the Youma in place. The beast wasn't able to absorb the alien magic even though it was of its own element and therefore Mars' superior fire wasn't able to control it either but to hold it immobile.

Not for long though, I noted with a worried look at Mars who was struggling to control the trashing beast within her fire. Venus was hesitant, not daring to go into close combat with the fiery protection of the opponent and unsure if she wouldn't just succeed in cutting it loose with a more powerful elemental attack. In short the two Senshi were clueless what to do with that temporary stalemate. Not to mention that the building really was beginning to crumble under the hissing inferno inside.

I jumped down next to Venus but kept my distance. The heat radiating from the fire salamander was bad enough, the entire hall was already feeling like on a hot midsummer day. At my charge's kind of helpless look I could only shake my head I was thinking hard for a solution to that dilemma but came up empty. We were elemental-wise outmatched and the fire armor made that thing too dangerous to engage in close combat.

"I can't hold it much longer," Mars called out through gritted teeth trying to virtually wrestle down the strange beast with sheer mental strength. A task that was as impossible as it was foolish at this state of her training. A fully-trained Mars in her prime could tame such a beast but Rei was far from her prime… The hissing sound of energy alerted me to the fact that Venus had activated the Venus Tear in blade mode, no doubt planning on some hara-kiri strike as long as it was possible. Fortunately that became unnecessary.

"SHINE AQUA ILLUSION!"

"SUPREME THUNDER DRAGON!"

A chorus of voices rang out through the hall, accompanied by a sudden torrent of water slamming into the unsuspecting salamander. Mars had the presence of mind to pull back her binding flames at the last possible moment so that the beast had to take the full force of the antagonizing and opposing element of its own. Just a second later a mighty electrical current in the shape of a large dragon raced along the steady stream of incoming water. The fire salamander let loose with a terrifying and bone-chilling screech as its flames were quelled and thousands of volt raced along every inch of its body.

Venus, being the leader and superior fighter she had become in the last months, reacted immediately as the attacks began to cease, vaulting into the air, she called upon a shower of beams that cut through the beast with the force of a gale storm, practically cutting it to pieces. A few seconds of that onslaught were enough and in a burst of flames its existence was ended completely.

"Phew… Arigato, minna. That was just on time," Venus remarked with a truly thankful look at Mercury and Jupiter, Mars agreed with a nod but one could see that she was quite angry at the interruption and believe me after seeing - and hearing - what I did I could very well understand it. I wouldn't go all Luna on you and complain about the unfairness that the girls couldn't have a social life… No, I had other ways to relieve my emotions. None of which would be entertained anytime soon, unfortunately…

The two new arrivals barely had moved closer or had the time to respond when a voice made us all look upwards. "Impressive. You have slain my pet. But I hadn't expected any less of the famous Sailorsenshi." The being the deep male voice belonged to was perched atop one of the supporter beams under the ceiling standing in plain view unlike Minako earlier. Clad in obsidian black armor one with less attuned and sharpened senses could have missed him - or maybe better it - with ease. It was the very vision of a heavy-clad, armored and armed warrior. Like a knight of the middle ages. Through the visor in his helmet glowed a spooky crimson-purple light. It - the thing itself, not the light alone - made the hairs on my neck stand on end. There was an immense and potent feeling of recognition but I couldn't pinpoint it. And there was also the same feeling of immediate danger…

Mars ever the tempered girl and at the moment devoid any patience at all, only seeing the thing as the main source for the interruption of her singing reacted as expected. "Yeah, just as we will slay you! FIRE…"

"Mars, NO!"

"…SOUL!" Jupiter's shout was too late and ignored anyway. The fireball soared through the air hitting its target dead-on. The black knight hadn't even moved. My eyes narrowed first and then widened as the holy flames were practically sucked right into the creature and, before anyone could react, returned in a burst of the same colored light emitting from inside its helmet. Instincts alone let anyone hit the floor or jump clear at the last moment.

"What the…?" exclaimed Mars shifting to a more guarded position. "What is that thing?" It was almost touchable now. I tried to force the memory from the depths of my mind and once again cursed the effects hibernation had on both Luna and my minds.

Before I could come up with a result, Jupiter already beat me to it, announcing with a low hiss two words that sent a chill right through my whole body. "Aura Knight."

Kuso! How could I have not remembered? It was so obvious and it made oh so much sense. Aura Knights loved to hold elemental creatures like the fire salamander - a Flamemander native to Mars' actually - for what they called pets. It wasn't that Aura Knights were usually evil but they had a ruthless reputation even in the Silver Millennium. And they were about as dangerous as a minion could get.

"Aura Knight?" Mercury asked puzzled, trying to call up data on her computer in a frantic pace. Venus had this dawning look on her face that told me that Hebe was just relaying her own memories which meant she had a good idea exactly how dangerous those knights were. I sent a curious glance in Jupiter's directions also, impressed that she had recognized it so quickly but considering that Aura Knights had had their home on Jupiter it wasn't all that surprising.

"Nasty guys. They can absorb any and all kind of magic to a very high quantity and quality," Jupiter explained and Venus nodded, falling into a ready stance with her blade kept close. The Aura Knight had not moved or spoken ever since its entrance but from experience I knew that could change from one moment to another and it would be all over us.

"So… We can still take it in close combat?" Mars asked, trying to sound certain but actually only managed to slightly suppress the hopeful tone.

I shook my head with a wary look at the unmoving figure. "That's the problem. They are probably the toughest guys in close combat, whether with a weapon or unarmed, this side of the galaxy knows…"

It was at that moment the Aura Knight decided to move and any further explanation was cut short.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Priapos)

Up to this point I had no conscious idea why the hell I was here. Not to mention why I was here sitting across from the other redhead - well, it was more auburn-colored hair actually - and sipping on the terran drink called tea… I simply had no idea and elves by nature were an inexhaustible fountain of curiosity that just could not leave an intriguing mystery unsolved.

"So," I said into the silence, taking one more sip and setting the cup down. My, aren't we dramatic today? "Here we are… again. What an interesting coincidence." The "here" in question was the Crown Fruit Parlor - and yes, they did serve tea if you wished for it - which after a brief tour through the shopping district we had found ourselves returning to. It was really a bit strange. First it had only been the "oh, I'm heading in the same direction" excuse. And an excuse I was. I wasn't dumb and lying to an elf was… nearly impossible. I had not said a thing. I mean, why? After all the purpose of today's stroll for the day was to actually relax for a bit. The morning had been eventless and there was no reason why to not enjoy a battle-free day for once. Nobody knew how long it had been that I had had time to relax. I mean really relax.

The truth of the matter was I probably didn't let myself relax. Ever since coming into this time I had constantly been doing something. Train with my sister, scout, train with the others, intervene in a battle with the newest Youma… The reason for that? No particular one. Maybe - just maybe - I still felt a little guilty for my involvement in Hotaru's capture in England. Just a tiny bit.

However, I had found the company of Osaka Naru… refreshing. Interacting with someone other than the Senshi or the Court, being around normal people, I didn't know that anymore since I was little and young Venus had taken me in. Ever since then I only knew life at the palace or in a battle zone. With allies, enemies and the only family I ever had. Venus, now Minako, and probably Hotaru as well now. Talking with Naru was strangely refreshing and there hadn't been anything significant mentioned, just small talk between two girls. Never mind the fact that one was just a mere human girl from Chikyuu and the other an elf from Venus in disguise. No, if anything the elf was even more smitten by the girl's charm.

Would you stop that now? This sounds so cheesy, I chided myself mentally, suppressing a wry grin. There was no denying it though that Osaka Naru was a person you could easily open up to. She was kind and the sort of friend that would be there the moment you needed her, whether you asked for it or not. I had always been good in reading people. Okay, maybe not fantastic but adequately enough and from the brief hour we had spent raiding the mall for some much needed clothes - after all my glamour image should look presentable - I had gotten a good impression from the girl. Safely to say was that I could easily understand why she was the Princess' best friend. At the same time I noticed a certain… wrongness in her behavior. I had seen Naru once or twice before and knew she was usually a quiet type. Not like Ami or Hotaru but… just quiet. Today it seemed that she had a lot of her mind and I felt more than once the occasional stare behind my back or side glance.

Naru giggled a little after mimicking the dramatic scene of putting down my cup of tea like in one of the movies and I felt myself smiling in good-natured humor. Then her expression become serious again, much more serious than before and I braced myself for some serious denial speech… whatever it was I had to deny. Osaka Naru was a sharp girl. That was one character trait I had identified right away and one thing why I had been extra cautious not to do anything inhuman-like. The words though that came from the ordinary and unsuspecting looking girl's lips rendered me speechless for a few moments. "I don't even know exactly why I'm talking to you but I need someone to talk to right now and Usagi is so busy lately with school and fighting those monsters and all…"

My eyebrows surely disappeared under the hairline as I stared at her disbelievingly. She had not just said that sentence so casually, didn't she? I mean, Naru had phrased it as if there was no doubt about it, not to mention a big thing to do so just like that… What the heck? "Matte!" I exclaimed in a sharp whisper. "What… How can you be…?" The words were failing me and I had always thought myself to be good with words, raised in a palace, together with a princess as my kin sister and all that.

"How I can be so sure? I don't really know how I know, I just do. But I don't want to worry Usagi with that. She'd just be fussing about it, maybe I talk to her when it's a bit quieter." And with a grin she added, "And your wings are showing." I blinked, checking my glamour immediately but finding it still in place. Glancing back at Naru bewildered I wasn't sure what to say. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe it's just that whole 'pure heart' thing, who knows?" She wriggled her eyebrows, giggling slightly.

"Nah," I replied, finally finding my voice back. "That only applies to unicorns and sometimes fairies. An elf glamour is based more on a pheromone that influences the senses of those around them, suggesting to them they are only seeing an ordinary human… or whatever human-like race is wished at the moment." Why the hell was I telling her that? On the other hand denying would sound rather lame right now, wouldn't it. "Some people can see through it, maybe that's the case. Usual my second layer should take care of that though."

Naru had listened fairly interested and not the least bit freaked out or stupefied at the information. Not that that was surprising since she had figured it out on her own. I still wasn't sure how she did it but found it rather insignificant right now. There was no real danger from the auburn-haired girl. After all I had already determined that Naru was a trustworthy girl and the fact that she didn't tell Usagi because of the obvious stress the Princess was in was only underlining that.

Shrugging my shoulders and deciding to dwell on that startling bit of revelation later I regarded Naru with a curious look. "So, what exactly did you want to talk about? It's not about… that thing I assume?" She shook her head and I sighed in relief, not really fond of the idea to talk about anything concerning Senshi business without permission of the others. Also I felt like I was back in control again and that was an added bonus. Having enough experience with providing advice to the hard to handle Hebe I felt fairly confident helping the girl with whatever problem she had that was bothering her.

Unfortunately fate decided to show its face once again right the moment Naru prepared to speak with a slight explosion followed by a minor tremble. Both of us reflexively looked in the direction a faint pillar of smoke was rising. I wasn't sure if the smoke was even visible to the other girl since she didn't posses my finely attuned senses so I pointed in the specific direction, a rising dread beginning to fill my insides all of a sudden. "Say. Isn't that Usagi's neighborhood?"

The worry in Naru's face was more of an answer than I needed and I let loose with an unrestrained curse and was already halfway out of the door when Naru's soft voice stopped me.

"Be careful."

Hesitating for a split second I looked back at her and nodded firmly. A few seconds later I had already slipped into the alley near the café, dropped my glamour and was airborne.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Usagi)

Talk had graciously been directed to more mundane topics and Mamoru, Luna and I all heaved internal sighs of relief that the situation had obviously been successfully averted. By my boyfriend's clever maneuvering no less. Otousan had asked a few questions, since he had taken some Martial Arts classes in his youth as well, and Okaasan of course voiced a bit of worry. But assurance from my part that I really liked - I had to force myself to say it believingly though - the training and a short demonstration put most of their fears to rest. It had just been basic things that with my Senshi constitution I could have done a few days after becoming Sailormoon but now it came more natural, more fluent. Something I really was thankful for.

All the time we had tried to come with a reason to cut the conversation short - since dinner was already finished - but we didn't want to appear rude either. It wasn't like the other Senshi needed me for every battle. Venus alone had progressed to a level where - in combination with the Tear - she could easily turn the tide in a battle to their side. However, there was no proof that there wouldn't be a repeat of our first battle, missing that could be lethal. I exchanged a look with Luna and then with Mamoru who probably thought the same. The fact that the communicator was still sending a silent signal meant that the battle was still most likely underway. The other option I didn't even want to consider and was sure the psychic bond between us would have told me if anything gravely had happened. I shuddered slightly, remembering how I felt the death of every one of them at D-Point. It had been enough to send me into a shocked state until their spirits had brought me out of it.

Whatever excuse for a quick leave Mamoru had prepared he only managed to open his mouth before there was a loud crash from the direction of the front door. We had no time to move as a moment later a menacing looking figure strode into the living room brandishing obsidian-black armor and a deadly-looking sword at its side. The eerie light that poured out from under its helmet was unsettling, telling at least three present in the rooms that the thing was definitely not human or at least not from this world.

'kaasan shrieked and Luna gave a yelp as both Mamoru and I immediately jumped up. The knight seemed to stand there in the middle of the room for a moment sweeping its gaze over the occupants and remaining on me… well, Mamoru and me. Slowly it drew the blade at his side - sporting not only sharp and gleaming steel in deep purple but also a crackling energy corona of midnight-blackness - and pointed it at us. The meaning was clear to EVERYONE present.

Everything happened so quickly. Otousan had obviously sensed that any reasoning with our adversary would be futile and being the protective father he was grabbed a knife and jumped in front of the table trying to look menacing… A hard task considering the difference in armor and weaponry. "Don't come closer!" he shouted but the knight would have none of it. In a motion that seemed as if he was merely flexing his arms he lashed out with his sword in a casual swing sending 'tousan flying. When he smashed and slumped against the wall you could see that not only his clothes were ripped open but there was also a sickening gash on his chest that I could not immediately determine how fatal it was. Okaasan let go of another scream and hands held before her mouth she stumbled back in shock. Mamoru and I were sort of rooted to the ground by the ruthlessness and suddenness of the intrusion. Thousands of thoughts were rushing through my head but my body refused to move.

I felt myself being pushed to the ground and reflexes, fine-tuned through my training, let me automatically roll with the fall. The sizzling blade passed only centimeters over Mamoru and me. I had no time to even flash a thankful smile as battle instincts took control and for the first time I was really thankful for Priapos training drill. I was sure otherwise I would have not been able to avoid the follow-up strike from the knight. Jumping clear from the downward strike I whirled around immediately and once again could only watch in horror as the knight seemingly indifferent continued to let his momentum carry him, directly towards a frightened Ikuko who stared wide-eyed and unmoving at the advancing figure. My hand flew to my brooch but I knew it would be too late.

Iie! Okaasan! The mental scream echoed and vibrated over and over again in my head.

A hiss and a purely inhuman cry cut through the air and the knight stopped, grunting more in annoyance then hurt. Luna had attached herself at the face… well, helmet of the knight and was scratching away at the material to only small success. The knight reached up and flung Luna across the room where she slumped against the wall next to a barely conscious Kenji.

The brutally was sickening to the core and slowly the shock began to be overridden by something else. I was reminded of the trip to the hot springs in my first year as a Senshi. A misguided ghost raised by Endymion had attacked us then and I had nearly been forced to transform in front of my family's eyes. Now it was different though. That wasn't a confused and out-of-control ghost, this was a methodical, ruthless assailant. That much was clear. And it was here because of me. My family was in danger because of me. I… I… I could not allow that to continue. I had to do something, consequences be damned.

"Moon…" I whispered clutching my brooch and locking eyes briefly with Mamoru who was just coming to his feet again taking a minor hit in the attempt to strike at the knight physically. He nodded grimly at me, reaching under his jacket for one of his roses. Time for secrets had run out and only surviving and the safety of my parents counted right now. There was a distinct possibility that in their barely conscious state they would chalk it up to the stress or something after all. That could be dealt with later. "Crystal…"

However, much like last time - which was distinctively ironic I tell you - it was just that moment that the necessary diversion was being made. A crackling sound of released energy was all that announced the chi beam that struck the knight in the back sending it stumbling. Amazingly enough it managed to whirl around and parry the glowing energy blade of one very pissed elf. The two struggled for dominance for awhile before Priapos jumped clear and took a ready stance. I noticed that she had left open a path that would allow both Mamoru and me to get outside, yet there was no way we could take my parents with us. The fact that Otousan just about now had passed out and Okaasan fainted from the sensual overload made all of this a mood point though.

I clenched my teeth and finished the transformation phrase. "MAKE UP!"

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Mercury)

I barely had time to stow the Mercury Computer back into subspace when the devastating fighting machine arrived in our midst. All of us had to jump clear of one wild but disturbingly accurate swing that could have cut our heads off at once. I hadn't been able to find any info in the archives about this so-called Aura Knight but the reactions from those who obviously knew those guys was disconcerting enough. From what I could analyze of the barrier that absorbed any form of magic I could tell that anything short of the Ginzuishou's power unleashed would do no good at all. And since there had been no reply from Usagi ever since Venus sent out the distress call it was certain that they wouldn't get away from her parents in time.

"We need to get out of here! Mercury, cover!" Venus called out and I complied immediately, knowing that the hall might be big enough to give us space but the damage it had taken from the knight's pet was already enough and could easily bring it down. The fog filled the hall at my command but was already beginning to be sucked away by the knight's barrier. "Move, minna!" Venus urged us on and we were only happy to comply with that. Outside might give us some room to maneuver better, hopefully there wouldn't be a crowd around the building already but the people around here had learned already that staying in the near vicinity of a battle between Senshi and Youma or anything that might seem like one was not supportive for one's health.

And so it was that the usual busy streets in front of the building were practically empty of any traffic or passer-byes by the time we emerged out of the entrance our adversary hot on our tail. Falling into an arrow-like formation with me in the back, Venus in the front and Jupiter and Mars at the flanks we faced off with the Aura Knight but it was easy to see the wariness and uncertainty about a course of action in that situation.

I stayed behind as Venus finally lead a charge from three directions with a fierce battle cry and took out my mini computer again, knowing very well that I would only be a hindrance in this fight. It didn't bother me very much. I never was much of a physical fighter, even in the Silver Millennium as much as I remembered. We were a team and they trusted me to come up with a strategy, a weakness or any other possible advantage that could help my friend to turn the tide.

There really wasn't much though. The first minute already demonstrated why - according to the data I had by then pulled up - the Aura Knights were or had been the most fearful fighters this side of the galaxy. Trained from a near-infant stage their bodies were honed for combat, their armor and weapons forged by the best materials and master smiths and their nearly immune status to any form of regular combat magic made them a foe one would rather like to avoid if possible in any way. Unfortunately that option wasn't available for us anymore. They were known as assailants and that was pretty much obviously its task here.

Venus had tried to practically hack through its defenses with a downward slash devastating to probably any other opponent. The Aura Knight, however, caught the sizzling, cross-like blades of the Venus Tear with his own dark one. It took a hard punch from Jupiter in the process but managed to catch Mars' kick and fling her with one arm at her teammate. Venus managed to press her advantage under the diversion for several more seconds before she had to fall back and duck under a wide swing. The knight had the advantage in reach and it was almost insanely fast even with that armor so that Venus' usual superior agility and speed wasn't helping to outweigh the imbalance enough.

Mars, furious at her earlier treatment, sailed in with a chi-charged ofuda but the paper was easily cut and Mars, definitely surprised at the sheer speed of the reaction, earned herself a severe wound in her right shoulder as she crashed into the pavement only a few feet away from me. That served to momentarily distract Venus enough to leave her guard open for a fatal moment. I was about to cry out a warning but realized it would be too late. Not to mention it turned out to be unnecessary.

There was a disturbing sound, a mixture between a hiss and a deep growl that was altogether inhuman - and not even cat-like - as Artemis suddenly leaped towards the combatants. I watched in stunned amazement as his eyes were glowing a furious red all of a sudden and his small form was bathed in a multi-colored flash of light, stretching, reforming and increasing speed with every passing moment, becoming a human… err, animal missile in the process. By the time Artemis passed Venus and slammed into the Aura Knight he resembled more a white tiger or a leopard maybe. Bouncing back from his assault that actually managed to stun the knight for a moment, his body shifted once again, becoming more human-like but not quite getting there. White hair, an athletic built and more than adequate height were coupled by a protective white fur at several vital parts of his body, a lashing tail and claw-tipped hands.

"Nani?" I managed totally baffled and Mars next to me lifted her pain-stricken face in equal wonderment. Artemis exchanged a look with Venus that seemed meaningless to any other person but for those two probably was all the explanation really needed. They nodded to each other and turned in tandem towards the Aura Knight, Jupiter joining them a second later.

Awesome, I thought. Shape-shifting. I never knew he and Luna could do that… Hopefully this could give us the needed edge because as far as tactics were concerned I was sadly clueless this time. Those knights were so perfect there wasn't much to work with. A stream of data had informed me about a gemstone-like device that was obviously the source of the magical absorber but first it was located in the neck of the knight, a tiny spot that would be nearly impossible to destroy, and second I was sure Venus and Jupiter were aware of that already.

Now we could only hope to somehow overpower it.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Priapos)

So much for a quiet, relaxing day, I thought to myself. It was to good to be true anyway. Ever since this first massive attack the Senshi had been kept on their toes constantly. Why should it be different today? Of course, it wouldn't, I mused and deflected a swing that spoke clearly of the superior power of the opponent I was currently facing.

Aura Knights. Nasty things they were. I had fought three in my whole life. Two on Mercury investigating an incident between locals and supposedly a Venusian elf and one on Magellan, Venus' by now lost moon, already during the start of the conflict between Earth and the Moon. The memories of these encounters were not actually what you would call fond ones and during those three encounters I had dealt with knights of only an average level. This one here was clearly a fully-trained, high-class Aura Knight. That could get ugly. I was really glad though that I came here as quickly as I could. A moment later could have been a devastating blow.

Struggling against the superhuman strength I reversed the grip on my energy blade slightly in a way that allowed me to slip underneath my opponent's and come up clear behind it. Having already turned in mid-motion I released a chi blast into the back of the heavy armor, restraining myself not to put out any magic. That would only have the opposite effect. Sadly I must admit that while I was a credible master in both the fields of chi control as well as magic my actual chi capacities lacked in that regard. Well, not really the capacities but it was more the limited access provided by my strong bonds as a nature elf to the very essence of life itself. In short, it was rather draining and maintaining one or two blades often was all I could manage in actual combat without running the risk of powering myself out.

Therefore the actual result of the attack was quite disappointing and I barely managed to avert the counter delivered with striking accuracy and not one trace of distracting anger. In the blink of an eye I had formed a second blade catching my opponent's black one again and staring defiantly into the disconcerting light emitting from deep within. Nobody really knew how Aura Knights really looked underneath there armor but it was rather clear that they weren't human.

"Traitor," a deep male voice hissed suddenly, making me pause for a crucial moment. I twisted my body to the side and grit my teeth as the obsidian blade caught me in the side. It burned but I refused to acknowledge the pain. Over a decade worth of training began to set in and I needed to call up all my knowledge and skill that made me a ten star Efadio to avoid the next barrage of attacks that made me wonder if the Aura Knight had forgotten about its actual target altogether.

Twirling one blade I used my adversary's momentum to catch its weapon with my other blade and in one smooth motion slid down below the crossed blades to ram my remaining one into the knight's midsection, succeeding in chopping away a piece of the highly-resistant armor. "What do you mean with that?" I pressed out through clenched teeth, trying to find an opening.

The Aura Knight had fallen back in surprise at being outsmarted like that and had taken a more guarded position. "You have betrayed our cause. You are a traitor, associating with the enemy and betraying our lord," it replied in almost monotone tone.

"What cause? Who ARE you? Adonis is dead!" I seethed, slowly losing my patience. At the same time I was wondering at the willingness of the knight to even speak. They were mean to rarely hold conversations during battle after all.

"Are you so sure about that?"

A cold shiver ran down my spin. No, I refuse to believe this obvious taunt. This is a high-class warrior. Surely it is only trying to get to me. Psychological warfare. It was trying to make me lose my patience and to tell the truth I was severally tempted. "Liar!" I charged wildly. There was no way Adonis could have survived. No, not against HER. Yet the mere thought of the possibility was enough to make me lose control. I despised the man almost as much as Venus did. He had put both my sister and her mate through so much, not to mention controlled and used me. While my kin sister was quite certain he had only be a puppy either there were enough things to resent the obsessed Venusian for. He WAS dead. Period.

So snap out of it, Pria!

I caught myself in time to weave around another swing that managed to cut through the dinner table. Shimatta, I need to take this outside, there is too little room to move around and the house is going to look like a mess. With a quick glance around I corrected that the living room at least looked like it already.

There was a shout that I took of notice of at the edge of my awareness and my eyes widened with dread as a cascade of little crescent moons impacted with the Aura Knight. I had been so caught up in the battle that I had not even noticed that Usagi and Mamoru had transformed by now. I really wished they would have gotten away for once. There was no time to react anymore as the white magic of the Princess' staff was absorbed and released in a nearly point-blank angle.

The impact was crushing and I found myself flying, falling hard into a cupboard, bringing the structure down with me painfully. I heard shouting and something akin to a warning as I struggled to remain conscious from the mind-boggling power and the screaming of my body. The only warning I got was the flash of metal and the crackling of energy as the Aura Knight came rushing at me. I was too stunned at the moment to even hope to move.

Closing my eyes I awaited the finishing strike anxiously but when after a moment nothing happened I dared to open my eyes to a quite astonishing sight…

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Jupiter)

My, Luna's one lucky girl, I mused taking a moment to admire the definitely handsome and physically fit human form of Artemis. Well, mostly human form. For some reason now that I saw it I remembered that both cats were able to assume human form but this was different. In a way it seemed more natural and maybe it was at that really their natural form, a perfect blend between a human and a feline predator.

At any other time I would have really liked to admire the view some more - hey, a girl is allowed to dream, right? - but the situation was dire and I was not satisfied with the way our first attack had went. Now with another addition maybe we could come up with better results. Yet, I was worried. That brief exchange had told me that none of what my memories of the Silver Millennium relayed to me was wrong. Sadly so. I had by no means held back in the initial assault and the power and even more so the speed of our opponent was magnificent. Sensei would probably have loved the challenge, I thought.

Flexing my head that still stung a little from that punch I had given the knight - a punch that would have broken about any other opponent in half - I stepped next to Venus and Artemis. "Nice show, handsome. You've got any wise plans of attacks?"

Artemis had the decency to blush before focusing back on the Armor Knight who was a little confused at the strange turns of events. "Unfortunately, no. We'll just have to try our luck."

I shrugged and fell into a stance, internally drawing up more and more chi. This was going to be unhealthy but there was no time to think about this now. I needed to be at the peak of my ability for this one. "Right, let's do it."

As one we charged. Falling into a complex pattern I kept the Aura Knight busy, careful to avoid his blade and use the tiny bit of speed advantage all three of us had again and again to slip past its guard, delivering lightning-fast Amaguriken strikes that managed to at least stagger it. Ducking away I swayed to the side as Artemis came rushing in with his claws outstretched and I watched in fascinated wonder how some of the material that had been weakened by my initial assault was torn away with swipes faster that even I had trouble to keep up. Venus came in next with her blade ready. But it was not the Venus Tear that was used to take advantage of the exposure. Sparks flew as crystalline-white clashed against obsidian-black light and while I was still asking myself why our leader had rushed in so blindly without following Artemis' and my preparations, the knight suddenly stumbled back in shock and obvious pain. I glanced down and saw an orange energy chi blade, similar to the ones Priapos' tended to use was embedded into where the Aura Knight's armor had been penetrated.

Tensing my muscles I went to charge and press the advantage but as much as Venus' faint had surprised me even more was I surprised when the Aura Knight's hand that had been clutching his wound came up and too fast for anyone to react threw something akin to a dagger at Venus, also laced with the same dark energy. Our leader cried out in pain as the dagger pierced her side and she dropped to the ground panting hard. To our collective horror I noted that the piece of armor Artemis and I had torn open had already regenerated.

Oh fucking shit, I cursed mentally. This wasn't normal anymore. I had memories of high-class Aura Knights and never had I ever encountered something like that. Those were enhanced abilities beyond any usual training. Also bothering me were that energy blades. The obsidian-black wasn't a standard color and it made my senses tingle when I concentrated on it too long. Of course I was aware that this one was definitely in line with our enemy and therefore a certain amount of negative energy was to be expected. Still, there was something that I just could not correctly pinpoint. This Aura Knight just didn't feel right.

"Bastard!" Artemis roared and leapt into action but was smashed away by the knight with relative ease, receiving a gash over his arm that he used to block the strike with. In a way it almost seemed like it was enjoying the brutality and viciousness of its attacks. But that was ridiculous. Aura Knights were more like mercenaries. Vicious, yes. Unnecessary and mad bloodshed, no. That sword style was different too. More aggressive, laid out to inflict a maximum amount of damage instead of the most efficient way for a kill. A style I knew from some…where…

Nah, no way. Not him. He ought to be long dead. Then again so ought to have been the Dark Kingdom, right? It could be a student or just a coincidence after all there were surely more than one bloodthirsty madman out there. Whatever it was the style definitely was familiar. Meant to inflict humiliation and shatter one's will to fight first before a final blow would be delivered. We came close a few times to be really beaten… Close, not more, I recalled Venus' theory from yesterday. Were they trying to destroy us? Smash our will to fight back with this? If HE was really part of it I could at least partially understand. Yet I could not be sure.

"You noticed it too, huh?" I glanced to the side. Venus had pushed herself up, clutching her wound but obviously not in the mood to give up. Mars, I noticed, had also recovered her wound not as fatal as it seemed at first glance, she hung back cautious though. I nodded at our leader with a grim attention, following with my eyes as Artemis barely flowed around a slash that would have taken his arm off and COULD have also succeeded in taking his head off. "I'm getting sick of this game," Venus snarled the Venus Tear reacting to her emotions by flashing wildly.

"They are usually not that… mad. If we were meant to simply be put to rest one of those could have caught us off guard outside on the street. Aura Knights are not known for keeping taps on morality," I explained, keeping my dark suspicious to myself. After all I probably was only seeing ghosts.

"So, they are refraining from actual killing us? Could that be an advantage," Artemis mused, coming up next to me panting hard. I stared at him hard, then glanced back at Venus for confirmation.

After a moment the blonde gave a slow nod. "We've got no choice. All or nothing."

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Luna)

With narrowed eyes and boiling anger at my own helplessness I watched the scene unfold in front of my sharp cat eyes. The creature quickly identified as an Aura Knight had invaded the home of my charge's family so suddenly and surprising that none of us had to react or prepare. If not for the interference of Venus' elfin sister I doubted any of us would have lived this very moment. Priapos had managed to hold her own for awhile but the heated bits of conversation reaching my ears were enough to momentarily distract her.

With a growing dread I realized the mistake of my charge when she called out her new attack swinging her staff at the Aura Knight but wasn't able to stop it in time and could only watch helplessly again as the light magic was absorbed and released with speed too fast to avoid. I knew that being a nature elf the mystical power of Moon's staff would not really leave lethal injuries but were enough to stun the elf temporally. Enough for the knight to move in for a kill…

A cold flare of anger burst even brighter than before and I pushed myself upwards, ignoring the complaints of my small body. I deeply wished that I would not be so hindered but cared less for this right now as I forced my body into a jump. Nobody would be killed today. I would not allow another death ever again. The Silver Millennium. D-Point. Enough pointless deaths had already come out of this. I would NOT lose them again!

As I sailed through the air a sudden tingle ran over my body, starting from the crescent moon sigil on my forehead and spreading, a warmth familiar to me even though it had been years - not counting the millennia spent in stasis - that I had felt the sensation of the change washing over me. I did not question it. I did not question the miracle, aware that a moment's hesitation could cost the elf's life. Letting myself fall back into the routine and the natural ability all of our race was gifted with I willed my body first into the shape of a lean and agile panther, using my momentum to smash into the Aura Knight, driving it away from Priapos. Bouncing back I curled my body into a ball and let the rest of the magic flow, not to assume human form but the form that I was born with. The natural form of a Mau predator. Claws as magical as they were essential at the same time sprang from the hands that had formed, protective fur as resistant as the magic protection of a Senshi fuku would be covered my skin.

Graceful I touched down onto the ground finishing the transformation with a flick of my hand as a long staff carved from a reddish wood only native to my mother star fell into my hand. "Ah," I said reaching down to offer Priapos a hand to get up again, "I missed that." I suppressed the laughter at the confusion - not to mention mild shock - on the Efadio's face. That quickly cleared away though to allow a grim grin replace the expression.

Accepting my hand she got up and shook her head briefly to clear the disorientation the impact had left. Facing away her eyes narrowed at the Aura Knight who was hovering a few feet away, a little uncertain at the new situation. "I think it made me angry," Priapos stated as a crackling aura of green and gold burst into existence around her. An angry Efadio was not something to take lightly. "I've never been called traitor. I have always been loyal to my beliefs. And scum like you who sell their souls on a regular basis should not even deserve to know the term." Uh oh. She wasn't kidding that she was angry. Turning a quick glance at my charge and the Prince who stood stunned where they were, she added, "And you two, keep your magic to yourself." They could only nod dumbly. I allowed myself to wink at Moon who had her eyes glued on my new form, then turned back to join the battle.

With but only a short nod of understanding both of us charged, swaying to opposite sides before coming in our foe. I let the staff in my hand blur with motion making it look more like a disc. I might be a bit rusty with this body but I was still the master of my family's art and short of Artemis there had never been any Mau resident to challenge my rank. The Aura Knight learned that quickly as he drew back in surprise just to narrowly dodge the two blades of Priapos as she missed only by inches. That, however, gave me the opportunity I needed and the staff by now already crackling with charged electricity collided with the armor of the knight over a thousand times in the span of barely two seconds. The knight staggered back startled and I pressed the advantage with a feral snarl.

Maybe I had overestimated my ability to reclaim my old physical fitness with a single change, maybe I overestimated the resourcefulness of a creature feared in the whole Silver Millennium period. Whatever it was I could only let out a startled gasp as the free hand of the Aura Knight suddenly shot forward in a motion I could simply not see and grasp my hand in a steel-like grip. Crying out in pain as I felt bone break I gritted my teeth not daring to show weakness. Letting my staff fall into my other hand I prepared a counterstrike but never had the time. Eyes widening I rammed the staff strayed into the ground and pushed hard as the Aura Knight brought his blade down. The momentum from the sudden pull allowed me to break free of my opponent's grip, however, it did not prevent the slash from connecting elsewhere. The smell of burned fur and skin filled the air and a searing pain shot through my whole body as I jumped away, curled into a protective ball. With horror I saw the end of my tail hitting the ground and the numbness nearly cost me my conscious.

I managed to control my flight but again was forced to act fast albeit the fact I had just lost a vital part of my body. No time to think now. If I let myself think I am as good as dead. I watched in mid-flight an enraged Priapos rushing in on the Aura Knight with precise strikes to the parts of its armor weakened from my assault. Again my eyes widened as the knight retailed with his blade held high as a glowing sphere built around it. The Efadio flapped her wings at the last second altering her flight path and evading the slash that let the sphere of dark light free. With a dawning terror I realized my landing point would be directly in its flight path.

Using my uninjured hand I brought the staff around lightning-fast, pointing to the ground and using it as a spring board touched the floor only briefly before taking to the air again. Unfortunately I misjudged the effect the loss of my tail would have on my balance and the blast caught me in the side, flinging me through the open hallway out of the living room and into the entrance corridor. Only there I slumped into a wall as an explosion and shattering glass rocked Tsukino-ke. White pain began to consume me and I lacked the strength to get up again.

Forgive me, Princess, I failed you, again…

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Venus)

With a fierce battle cry I rushed forward blade held ready to strike. My body screamed already from some of the wounds the Aura Knight had inflicted me with but I willed even more power from my reserves to pour into the Venus Tear. I had not pushed myself so much to my limits since rescuing Hotaru in England. That had taken all of my willpower and all of my reserves and almost wouldn't have been enough. Blocking out the numbing pain and protests from my body I came rushing in with a strike that was as swift as it was suicidal. Under any circumstances rushing in while leaving yourself wide-open would have ensured death for sure. Our suspicion though proved to be right as the Aura Knight hesitated for a crucial moment and therefore receiving a slash that would have almost succeeded in taking of its head.

I passed our opponent, bending my body already in mid-air. Artemis came in after me with a similar recklessness. His claws flashed brightly as he tore at the thick armor of the knight, followed shortly by a barrage of punches from Jupiter. I wanted to join them but instead waited for the right opportunity, choosing to watch. Artemis suddenly blurred and split into several images of himself. A move I remembered he was a master of. Something wasn't quite right though because I was able to pick out the right one within the first second and so the Aura Knight would have no trouble as well. What was he…?

Oh! A flash of movement at the edge of my perception caught my attention and a smirk crossed my face as I readied myself. "Stay ready for my signal, then sent me your power," I spoke softly in the communicator, looking briefly over my shoulder at Mercury and the injured Mars not too far away. The two Senshi nodded.

Meanwhile the Aura Knight had obviously lost its patience and fixed directly on Artemis - the right one - drew back his sword the darkness in the blade expanding to a small sphere. A mere moment before it could release the blast Jupiter suddenly had snuck up behind him. Whirling around the only thing the Aura Knight succeed in doing was to receive the chi-charged spin kick directly in the helmet-covered face. The force rocked the creature back and it lost its grip on the sword, the blade embedding itself in the pavement of the street nearby and the blast that had gathered erupting to engulf its own caster briefly.

I was already in motion the moment Jupiter executed her maneuver. The Venus Tear held close I put everything I had into the strike and my speed. Years of training with Artemis came to fruit as I crossed the distance in the blink of an eye. My aim was as accurate as you can possible imagine. There was a tearing sound as the crystal blades slashed through the dark and pulsating crystal at the back of the Aura Knight. The sound of shattered glass was drowned out as the backlash of the knight's own attack reached it. I had already been well out of the explosion radius.

"Now!" I called out bouncing of again the moment my feet touched ground to sail in a high arc directly for the obscured form of the Aura Knight. Its magical defenses down it had to fight with the effects of its own blast and therefore had no way to even pay attention to those around it. Streams of blue, red and green joined the flaring aura of orange-gold around me moments after and I pushed everything into the Venus Tear. Safely to say that the Aura Knight never quite knew what hit it as the swirling crystal blades, each bathed in a different color came down on it.

It took several minutes for the dust to settle - so to say. We were all breathing hard from the battle and with the exception of Mercury who had wisely stood out of the actual fight none of us had come out of the ordeal without a few minor or even bigger injuries. Mars' wounds turned out to be not that bad but needed to be attended to no less. Jupiter and Artemis seemed winded but more or less alright. I on the other hand had a hard time staying up. Thankful once again for the shared reserves between Hotaru and me I managed to clear everyone from the scene and up to a higher building where we could take some time to relax and lick our wounds.

I leaned tiredly against the railing, eyes half-closed as the adrenaline slowly drained away and the reality of just how close we had come to death or at least some lethal damage. It had been gnawing on my patience the last days already. The fact that we had no idea what exactly we were up against. However, a foe with such resources was not to be underestimated and today's battle made that even more clear. This had been going on long enough. We had to do SOMETHING.

Popping open my communicator I came face-to-face with a weary Usagi who if possible was in the position to mirror my own worry. "Hey, I just wanted to warn you. We had a particular nasty run-in with… What was that thing called? Oh yeah, an Aura Knight. Pria says they usually travel in pairs so…" At my grimace her worry actually increased. "Oh… I suppose you had the pleasure already." It wasn't a question.

After briefly exchanging information on the outcomes of the battle I closed the link and trotted over to the others, Artemis - back in cat form - trailing behind me. A deep frown had been added to the worry in my expression and the others noticed immediately. "That was Usagi," I explained and looking at Jupiter continued, "You wondered where the second one was too, right?"

The taller Senshi nodded, then as I didn't further elaborated her eyes widened. "Oh. Are…"

"They are all fine. Pria showed up in time. Usagi's home is pretty wrecked though."

A thick silence descended over the group as none chose to comment but we were all pretty much thinking along the same lines. Something had to be done. And soon.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Tuxedo Kamen)

Helplessness was probably a good word to start with to describe the way I felt. Once again I could just watch and do nothing. Heck, I've even been ordered to do nothing. Nice isn't that? I was supposed to protect Usagi, I had promised it. And what was I doing now? Attacked by a rampaging creature, her parents unconscious in the middle of the battlefield either from shock or blood loss. Usagi knelt opposite from me transformed but staring transfixed at the same time, her own attempt of attack, almost managing to bring down the only person who had kept us alive so far. The person who was not even a Senshi but an elf that didn't even really belong into this time and world. And I?

I JUST SAT HERE DOING NOTHING!

Moon had been staring after Luna where she was thrown out of the room after being caught by the blast that had shattered not only the window leading out to the street but also a good portion of furniture and wall. The cry of anguish and pain of the transformed cat still echoed in my mind as well and I had to force back the urge to retch at the side of the brave cat's tail being cut off.

The advantage they briefly might have had over the knight creature was gone as well, Priapos was on her own again and it was proving to become too much for her despite her best efforts. The small space of the room was beginning to give her more and more trouble. She was able to slip in and out of the thing's guard again and again but her movements were getting slower and her moving space much thinner as the knight slowly pressed its advantage.

I wished I could do something. Damn it, I needed to do something.

*WE need to something* a shared thought went through my mind, echoing both mine and Usagi's thoughts.

What was I good for without something to contribute? What could I do without a serious power. A power Serenity had said I had but did not know how to access. The instance from last time where I had somehow helped to form the new Moon Staff. But it hadn't been me accessing this power. It had been Hotaru… or whatever else was there inside of her that had helped to channel it. I had no idea what I could do, what I should do besides throwing magical roses. And despite an accurate aim I could be proud of and their sharpness I doubted one of those could cut through an armor like the knight wore.

*Do not fall to desperation. You are the Prince of Earth. And the powers of this planet are at your command.*

Nani? That voice. I knew it from somewhere. But where? I closed my eyes instinctively, reaching deep into myself, feeling the ever pulsating essence of my mother star there, strong and confident, protective and unyielding. It was a power I knew was there but was afraid to ever tap into. I could feel the breath of the Earth, the wind blowing through trees, the soft and nitrous soil, the gentle flow of water and the raging inferno at the destruction all over its surface. This was an experience that had always scared me to a degree because I really had no idea how to handle it. Truth be told, maybe this was just the power Serenity had been speaking off, yet the responsibility and the enormousness had always made me shy away. How could I harness energies such as these without damaging the Earth, how could I harness them without fear of hurting those around me accidentally. I felt inadequate but scared at the same time.

And it was time that changed. It was time that I accepted what I had been and could be for the sake of the people around me. For Usagi, her friends… my friends. For the family we were despite all the differences. It was time to be the Prince. Not just the nameless savior.

*Concentrate all your energy into your hands…*

And I did. I drew from that infinite-seeming pool of power and channeled them through my bodies into my open palms. Arcs of crackling power raced along my outstretched arms and gathered into a brightly glowing golden-white sphere of light between my hands. My eyes snapped open and there was a sudden confidence there. A need to protect and a knowledge that I could. It did not surprise me to see that Moon was still hunched in her position but had taken off her tiara glowing in its magical light and held at the ready.

I caught movement from the corridor and almost didn't quite trust my eyes at the sheer stubbornness. Being in a good position allowed me to see that Luna had obviously given up the struggle to get back to her feet but right now her staff was pulsing with energy while its wielder was near total exhaustion but refused with a fierce determination to give in. In the fraction of mere moments a plan was made and with a simple signal conveyed to Priapos. The elf had not only drilled fighting skill into us but also tactical awareness and it was the first time this was really showing.

In a move I found truly amazing and would have gawked at in another situation Priapos suddenly jumped upwards, flapping her wings in the process to somehow pass the narrow space between the huge figure of the knight and the ceiling and land on the other side. Instead of using the moment to her advantage she back-flipped two times to avoid a swing that might have cut her head off but carried her opponent directly into Luna's view.

Everything happened so fast it was hard to actually point out the order.

With the last bit of strength Luna sent her staff flying. The knight was unprepared for the sudden projectile impacting with its armored stomach.

The moment Luna had released her weapon I had already done likewise with the gathered energy. A shout of "TUXEDO SMOKING BOMBER!" echoing through the room. The energy exploding like a concussive blast into the head of the knight sending it stumbling.

Moon waited for a moment longer that seemed to stretch forever. "MOON TIARA ACTION!" Then the glowing disc sliced through the air and the small crystal at the base of the knight's back with almost clinical procession.

Priapos aura suddenly flared a bright green as she crossed her blades, the edges crackling with powerful magic of a magnitude she had never shown in any of our training sessions. The knight howled loudly as the magic-enhanced blades cut through its protective armor almost like butter, opening deep gaping wounds of black liquid.

"MOON PRINCESS HALATION!"

That was the last the knight ever heard.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

(Hotaru)

It was nearing sunset… Well, to be exact the sun was already beginning to set. The orange-red hue bathed the city in a beautiful display of light. Innocent and only always following its physical laws. The Earth rotated and the sun was rising and setting. Totally unsuspecting. Unsuspecting as much as most of the world in the face of the true horror that really wandered this blue planet's surface.

Okay, I admit it. I like poetry. A little. Maybe I am going to study it. But that is really besides the point.

Right now I sat on the front porch of Tsukino-ke staring out at the sunset and actually trying to think nothing. A few hours ago, when this day had started I had thought my biggest worry for the day would be talking to Rei or dealing with calls from a family that wanted me back with the only intend to keep me at a tight leash. Hey, I had even been meant to go shopping and see if I could find something nice for Aino-chan's birthday already.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked into the silence, absentmindedly caressing the soft fur of the cat in my nap. Another of those things. Sometime ago I wouldn't have imagined me sitting out here alone with the one… creature that had been so wary and suspicious of myself at first. It wasn't that I was carrying a grudge or anything, just…

"It is healing nicely," Luna replied, flicking her tail to emphasize the statement but her voice sounded tired and… hollow. Weakly she lifted her small head to me with an expression full of guilt and unguarded gratitude that it almost broke my heart. "Domo arigato, Hotaru-san. I owe you my life." Which was no understatement since she had explained to me that the tail of her race was in reality a vital organ which would in the best of cases had crippled her. Paralyzed like a human with damage to the spine.

When I had come into Tsukino-ke, debating with myself whether to follow the distraught signals my mate was giving out or the obvious source of explosions and battle from Usagi's neighborhood, I didn't really know how I had known that it was Luna or that anything of the horrible sight presented to me had to be ignored and pushed back into a far corner of my consciousness. I had just done it. In the last days I had tended the one or other bad wound from one of the Senshi and I had sort of really learned to gauge my limitations and until today I wasn't certain if I had ever managed to call up so much healing energy before. Everything sort of faded away around me and there was just me, Luna, the wound and the power. I think I must have blacked out briefly but I had done it.

"And yet you do not trust me fully." I stated, staring deep into red eyes that held so much wisdom but also loneliness gathered in years of service at the one's she had tried to guide and protect and almost lost again today. "But that is besides the point, isn't it?"

The cat did not answer but her eyes said enough for me as they slowly closed and her breathing evened out. For a several more minutes I sat there. It was time to go home. Minako was already waiting. She had insisted to come and get me but I had read the fatigue from her own battle clearly in her voice. I told her I just needed to recover from the amount of healing done and that I would I come home then.

Things had calmed down a little. Usagi's brother had come home - of course it was hard not to miss all the commotion - and was now inside helping Usagi and Mamoru clean up some of the mess. Their parents were resting upstairs. Kenji's injuries had merely been superficial though he did have a lot of luck. Both would need some rest but would be alright much to the relieve of the two younger Tsukinos. It had been a very close call though and everyone - well, young Shingo aside - were aware of that.

"Hey." I looked up to see Priapos emerge from the entrance. She had donned her glamour again which might be better considering the situation. I mean we didn't need a young boy claiming to have seen an elf when his parents probably would have claimed the same. Again, this could easily be traced back to shock. All in all it was a small miracle that both Usagi and Mamoru had come out off this alive WITH their covers intact.

"Hey," I returned back to the elf as she sat down next to me. "What a mess, huh?"

Priapos quirked an eyebrow. "Who are you telling this. I was right at the center." She fell silent for a moment and I almost jumped at the soft hand on my shoulder. "I am glad you weren't in any of this. I could have not lived with the thought that something happened to you… again." Anyone not familiar with our history would have not caught the brief flash of guilt and shame but I did.

"Why don't you come home with me tonight." The elfin girl lifted her face a little surprise and with a silent question. I simply chose to smile and nod. "Minako would like it and you have spent so little time with us lately." Taking the hand on my shoulder and squeezing it slightly, I added, "We are a family after all."

The warm smile Priapos gave me was enough of an answer and there really wasn't much more to say. "Go on and get Artemis. I'll join you in a few minutes." Hesitating I searched her face for a few moments skeptically but then nodded and got up to silent return into the house, going to retrieve the other cat who had dragged himself here worry about Luna evident.

A few minutes later Priapos watched the raven-haired girl walk away from Tsukino-ke now instead of the black cat in her arms a white one perched on her shoulder.

"Can you try to make less of a mess next time."

The Efadio didn't turn around from her spot on the roof as the other woman stepped up next to her. "Maybe you'll like to try it next time. I'd like to see how you fare against one of those outside of your domain."

The woman shook her head sadly and sighed. "Gomen nasei, I was out of line. Considering the circumstances everything went well, for now."

"Will they remember anything of this day?" Priapos asked after a short silence.

"They will remember enough. It would be a problem to explain the damage done after all. Just stick to the cover story."

"Of course."

As Priapos took flight to shortly afterwards join the raven-haired girl the other woman raised her staff, a red jewel flaring briefly at its top, and then she vanished into thin air.

TBC in Episode 4

Family problems ahead and startling new revelations. Some of Makoto's suspicions are confirmed, Ami and Rei share secrets with the rests and decisions will be made. It is time for a birthday but of course when delusional families, Youma and other problems are present the outcome might not necessary be a happy one.

Be sure to be there next time, then the build-up of the last episodes arrives at its peak.

-----Bishoujo-----Senshi-----Sailor---Moon-----R-----

Endymion: So… Err… Moral, right. You don't have to look at me that way, Usako. I even prepared one, really.

Moon: *starry-eyed* Really? Oh, you are so sweet, Mamo-chan. At least you are on my side and share my opinion that there should be a moral at the end, right?

Endymion: *nods quickly* Of course, of course…

Luna (signing in): Your Majesty, did you forget…

Moon: *giant head looming over Luna* NO, HE DID NOT FORGET ANYTHING!

Luna: *unimpressed* Don't be so irresponsible! You both have appointments in a few minutes and you know that!

Moon: But… but…

Endymion: *sighs* She's right, you know? I should have been gone about half an hour ago.

Endymion has signed off.

Moon: *sputtering* Mamo-chan! Is anyone ever going to do their moral when they are supposed to?

Luna: *dragging off Moon* Come on, you have fooled around long enough.

Moon: Luna…

Moon and Luna have signed off and the screen is blank for several moments.

Priapos (signing in): Ah, poor kid. No one acknowledges the virtue of having some fun anymore. Really, that was exactly what I hated about living in a palace. All those stiff people who are only interested in politics and other such stuff. I mean an elf needs some fun once in awhile and…

*several moments of silence*

Priapos: *sheepish* Err… Forgot that I have to be back for dinner with *censored* or I'll really get into trouble, he he… Gomen, Usagi. No moral today.

Priapos has signed off.

Author's Notes

That was once again one of those episodes that didn't want to be finished. While I had been through with about the first half fairly quickly, playing Wind Waker/Master Quest sort of diverted my attention for awhile before Maia sprung the dual battle idea on me which once again led to some unplanned elements being involved. Oh well… *shrugs* I really am not that fond of babbling on and on after such a long episode right now.

During Episode 29 when Reika was introduced and her rainbow shard stolen Motoki mentions to Mamoru (more in good humor though) that he sees the girls (mainly Usagi and Makoto like little sisters). That's where the comment came from.

There is no proof, to my knowledge, that Motoki and Mamoru know each other from before university life. There isn't even a direct connection between them in the manga opposed to first season anime, I am merely assuming.

Another manga element that I had been preparing for awhile already are Mamoru's powers. I suppose everyone who read the manga recognized the attack. While I planned to reveal them in this arc as it has been in the manga things were sort of sped up in the heat of the battle so to say. The same goes for the sudden resurfacing of Luna and Artemis shape-shifting ability.

Surprisingly enough there really has not been much to say other than that. A lot of questions surely have been raised in this episode that I WILL answer but not right now. You have to be patient a little while longer.

And that's it. Feedback as always is appreciated.

Ja ne, yours

Matthias