Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Knight for Neptune ❯ Chapter 8

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon. The original characters and story all belong to Naoko Takeuchi, with the exception of any new characters inserted by yours truly.

Rating: PG

Notes/Foreword: I use one made-up character in the story, Taylor. Taylor's original appearance was in my first fanfic, "A Knight for Uranus." After that, he started making at least some appearances in most of my Sailor Moon stories. During Silver Millennium, Taylor was one of the guardians of Princess Uranus. They began to fall in love with each other, but the relationship was cut off when Taylor had to leave to protect Queen Serenity and Sailor Uranus was forbidden to leave her post. This was the last she saw of him until both of them were reborn in present time. Soon after meeting Haruka, Taylor recovered his memories and they fell in love once again. Taylor is carefree and easy-going when he's civilian (he usually lets Haruka have her way whenever she wants). As a fighter, he is highly determined and won't go down easy. His major purpose is to help Sailor Uranus upgrade, but this only works for short intervals, like when Super Sailor Moon used the grail to upgrade. He has brown hair, hazel eyes, and enjoys watching races (go figure,) reading, and fishing.

---------------------
A Knight for Neptune: Chapter 8
by Katrina Kadabra

The long blonde-hair girl floated down onto the floor, looking curiously over the ruined scenery

"Oh my," she said in an airy voice. "Looks like I crashed the party." She then turned over and looked towards the group of students standing there on the remains of the dance floor, which by now was only the un-transformed Sailor Senshi and their dates for the evening.

"Minako," Usagi elbowed her friend. "You guys distract her, Mamoru and I are going to transform."

"I'll go with you," Haruka volunteered. Usagi nodded silently. They had to do this quickly and secretly, otherwise the others might see something. Luckily, Minako took care of that.

"Hey, you ugly old hag!" Minako yelled. "You think you can come in and ruin a beautiful evening? You've got a lot of nerve!" Eos glared in the young girl's direction.

"Exactly... WHAT did you just call me?" she asked, her eyebrow twitching as fury boiled inside of her.

"Uh... Minako?" Jamie asked sweatdropping. "You sure that's such a good idea? Maybe we should get out of here... that thing looks dangerous."

"Just trust me," said Minako with a smile. Rei, Ami, and Makoto stepped confidently next to her, ready for whatever might happen. Even not transformed, it was their duty to protect the innocent people who would be hurt if this monster had her way. Meanwhile, Usagi and Mamoru quickly slipped out, along with Haruka and Taylor.

Michiru watched the scene unsure of what to do, silently cursing at herself. If she hadn't been so unconfident, if she hadn't brought Nathan here, she would be able to transform now. And who knew what this witch in front of them was capable of? To her surprise, Nathan had yet to run off, and neither had any of the others. Chad, Greg, Ken, and Jamie. All of them stood there watching Eos with great determination. Why, Michiru wondered. Did they actually think they could do something to stand against her? They had no powers of their own.

"You're all fools to try and defy me," the creature before them went on. "It's sad, but you all could have lived very long lives if you hadn't interfered..." She held up her hand, apparently preparing to launch an attack. But before she could get that far, a voice called out,

"Hold it right there!" Everyone turned around to see four silhouettes standing in the entrance way. Sailor Moon stepped forward, confident as ever, ready to recite.

"Ruining a romantic dance, scaring and hurting innocent students, this kind of action cannot be tolerated! On behalf of love of justice, I am Sailor Moon. In the name of the moon, I shall punish..." Before Sailor Moon could quite get her last line finished, a blast of energy hit the floor where she was standing. Sailor Moon jumped back in fright, shocked that someone had the gall to interrupt her perfectly lovely speech. She looked up to see where the blow had come from, as Eos stood holding a out a red hand mirror, its surface glowing with power.

"That's her weapon?" Michiru gasped. She had never known anyone to carry a mirror as a weapon besides herself, and this one seemed to have remarkable power, perhaps even rivaling that of Neptune's prized talisman.

"So what?" said Sailor Moon confidently, holding out the Eternal Tier. "I can beat that easily! Silver Moon Crystal Power Kiss!" Sailor Moon unleashed her most powerful attack, but Eos did not seem at all worried about it. She merely held up her mirror and to Sailor Moon's horror, the attack reflected right off it, ending at the ground and forcing the others to jump out of the way, or else be hit by the powerful blast. Sailor Moon looked up in shock.

"Not so confident now, are you?" the villainess laughed. "Let me introduce myself, Sailor Moon. My name is Eos, and I'm here on behalf of my mistress Garnet. I've come to find the most powerful Sailor crystal, your silver crystal."

"You won't get it," Tuxedo Mask answered sternly, taking a step in front of his love. Uranus held up the blade of the Space Sword.

"Not while we're here," she added confidently. Eos threw up her hands and sighed.

"If you're going to be difficult, then fine. I suppose I have no choice but to fight you."

"A fight's sure what you'll get," Uranus growled, charging at Eos with her sword. But narcissistic as she was, the girl was not without skill. She jumped to the side, leaving Uranus to swipe at the thin air. Uranus gritted her teeth and landed on the ground. They would have to find another method of attack

Michiru was not the only one frustrated because she couldn't transform. Across the room, Rei harbored similar feelings in her heart as she held on tightly to Chad. This had happened countless times before. He wanted to stay there and protect her; she couldn't run away. Yet she couldn't transform either. How much Rei wished that she could fight alongside him, like Usagi and Tuxedo Mask.

At Rei entertained these thoughts in her head, she thought she felt a strong power coming form the man beside her. She glanced up and gasped. It couldn't be... a red glowing symbol was forming on Chad's forehead. The symbol of Mars!

Rei's first reaction was to jump up and scream. But she soon realized she was not the only one. Ami, Makoto, and Minako were all in for a surprise as well.

"No!" Eos growled angrily. "The new lights cannot be born already! I'll snuff you out before you ever have a chance to shine!" With that, she let forth another powerful attack. Sailor Moon and Uranus jumped up and concentrated their power to form a barrier, protecting their friends from harm. Michiru watched the whole scene in awe. These symbols... what did they mean? Or could what Luna said to them earlier possibly be true?

As if in a daze or a dream, each of the four girls stood up, holding the hands of their loved ones. The symbols of each of their respective planets now showing brightly on their foreheads, they called out into the sky.

"Mercury Crystal Power!"

"Mars Crystal Power!"

"Jupiter Crystal Power!"

"Venus Crystal Power!"

"Make-up!"

A spectrum of light enveloped the group, and when it had cleared, there stood Sailors Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, and Venus. And beside them were Chad, Greg, Jamie, and Ken. Only they weren't themselves anymore. Their bodies were flowing with planetary energy, and they were each dressed in a suit of armor similar to Taylor's.

"The knights of the inner solar system!" Tuxedo Mask exclaimed. "It's just like Luna and Artemis said!"

Nathan watched the scene with fascination embedded in his deep blue eyes. Somehow all of this seemed vaguely familiar to him, like a lost dream. Michiru, however, was less moved by the display of emotion before her. She didn't want it to, but somehow she could not stop this deepening frustration and yearning in her spirit. Why them? Why the inner senshi? Why Haruka and not her? Was she not good enough? During the battle, Michiru had felt this strange sensation as if a light close to her was trying to awaken as well, but it had quickly faded. Unable to bear the sight anymore, Michiru ran out of the room, with Nathan following after her.