Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Knight for Neptune ❯ Chapter 9

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon. The original characters and story all belong to Naoko Takeuchi, with the exception of any new characters inserted by yours truly.

Rating: PG

Notes/Foreword: I use one made-up character in the story, Taylor. Taylor's original appearance was in my first fanfic, "A Knight for Uranus." After that, he started making at least some appearances in most of my Sailor Moon stories. During Silver Millennium, Taylor was one of the guardians of Princess Uranus. They began to fall in love with each other, but the relationship was cut off when Taylor had to leave to protect Queen Serenity and Sailor Uranus was forbidden to leave her post. This was the last she saw of him until both of them were reborn in present time. Soon after meeting Haruka, Taylor recovered his memories and they fell in love once again. Taylor is carefree and easy-going when he's civilian (he usually lets Haruka have her way whenever she wants). As a fighter, he is highly determined and won't go down easy. His major purpose is to help Sailor Uranus upgrade, but this only works for short intervals, like when Super Sailor Moon used the grail to upgrade. He has brown hair, hazel eyes, and enjoys watching races (go figure,) reading, and fishing.

---------------------
A Knight for Neptune: Chapter 9
by Katrina Kadabra

Bang! Another blast from Eos' mirror sent Sailor Jupiter falling to the ground.

"Are you alright?" Ken asked worriedly, not quite sure how to use this new found power of his.

"We have to come together!" cried Sailor Moon. "Otherwise we won't beat her!" A second blast hit the ground near her feet. Uranus quickly ran up and held her sword to the air, holding a temporary barrier. The knights all looked at each other, apparently baffled by Sailor Moon's words. Come together? What did that mean and how did they do it? Finally, Taylor gave an exasperated sigh and ran up to the group.

"Listen, you want to protect the girls, don't you?" he demanded. Again, glances at each other.

"Yes," Chad said firmly. "With all my heart I want to protect her."

"That's where your power lies," explained Taylor. "Where that light you gave off before came from. Focus all your energy towards your princess. Think only of her and your desire to protect her. Trust me, please!"

"Taylor, watch it!" Uranus called out. Taylor reacted just in time to avoid another hit.

"Will you brats just stay still!" Eos yelled. "You're making this so annoying!"

The knights looked and each other and nodded confidently. Each one closed his eyes, the symbol on his forehead a sign of his hidden power. As they concentrated, an aura of light surrounded each of the inner senshi, morphing their uniforms.

"I feel it..." Jupiter whispered. "I feel new energy flowing into my body."

"This is the power..." Mercury whispered. "Of the eternal inner senshi..."

Each of the girls let off an air of power, and Uranus beamed at the sight. Her heart could feel the warmth of love emanating strongly in this room. There was no way the pitiful enemy before them stood a chance. Sailor Moon ran to the center of the group to help finish the job.

"Sailor Planet Attack!" The power of the five senshi took Eos by complete surprise and hit her full force. When the debris had cleared, Eos was lying on the ground, badly bruised and all but defeated. Slowly she opened her eyes, alive, but too weak to move.

"Yes!" Uranus cheered. "One more blow and she's definitely finished for good!" She prepared for the final attack, but suddenly a flash a blue light blocked her way. When the light cleared, another woman, dressed similarly to Eos was standing next to her, filling the room with a chill of her cold power.

"What'd you what, Cin?" Eos asked angrily.

"Silly little girl," Cin said. "I can't keep bailing you out of tight spots like this, you know." She grabbed Eos by the arm and turned to the Sailor Senshi.

"Impressive battle," she said. "But it's not over yet." And with that the two of them vanished.


"Hey, Michiru, slow down!" called Nathan, running after the girl as she fled from the building. Michiru stood next to a tree, clutching her arms and allowing a few angry tears to fall.

"Why?" she asked herself the same question over and over again.

"What's wrong?" Nathan asked. He had never seen Michiru quite like this before. She was always so happy around school, and always had a kind word to say to everyone. But now... it hurt to see her so upset, and yet he didn't know if there was anything he could do to comfort her.

"Let me ask you a question, Nathan," she said, looking at the ground. "Have you ever gotten jealous?"

"Jealous?" Nathan asked. "Sure, lots of times."

"I mean, really jealous. To the point that you get so angry you don't even want to be around the person you're jealous of. Even if they're your closest friend."

Nathan sighed. "Yes, I had something like that. A few years ago, my best friend and I saw this contest in video design. The winner was to receive a full scholarship to a university we both really wanted to go to. Neither of us thought we had much of a chance, but when the results came in , he was accepted and I was rejected. The sad part was, I never quite let go of that anger. And before I knew it, he transferred to another school and we haven't spoken since."

Nathan's words stung at Michiru's heart. Up until now, she hadn't really paid attention to her feelings at all. But that frustration and anger... would it really lead to a split between her and her friends? Michiru didn't want that, the very thought scared her. She leaned her head over onto Nathan's chest. She could sense how much she cared for him. But she didn't know if her heart was ready to return the feelings.

"Nathan..." she said quietly. "Will you sit with me for a while? I just don't think I'm ready to go home yet." The young man smiled.

"Of course. I'll stay as long as you need."

Meanwhile, the senshi re-transformed into their human guises.

"Whoa... that was awesome!" Chad explained. "I had no idea we had that kind of power."

"I have to admit, I kind of enjoyed it," Greg added on.

"You better have," said Haruka. "Because she still isn't gone. And from the looks of things, she's not the only enemy we have to beat."

"We'll be alright," said Usagi, cheerful as always. "Now that we have the inner knights on our side, you guys can upgrade to eternal senshi whenever you need to. We'll definitely beat her."

"Not to dampen the mood..." said Ami. "But where did Michiru go?"

"She'll be fine, just give her some time alone," Haruka replied. "I think this whole thing has been a bit rough on her."


Haruka found Michiru the next morning fast asleep on the couch, where she had fallen at about 2 that morning. Haruka smiled at the sight; maybe she and Nathan were finally growing closer. She hoped it was enough to distract Michiru from all this business about the knights, but only time would tell that for sure.

"Good morning," she said, rousing Michiru from her near-comatose state with a few good shoves on her shoulder.

"Morning," Michiru replied, lazily rubbing her eyes. "What time is it?"

"10 o'clock," Haruka replied. Ten? Michiru was shocked, she never slept in like this before. Thank goodness there was no school today, otherwise she'd be a total wreck. Not wanting to waste anymore of the day, Michiru got up and walked into the kitchen. Haruka followed behind.

"You know, for someone who was only going there to play a solo, you sure stayed pretty late last night," Haruka observed, trying to make some light of the rather hectic events of the previous evening.

"Don't be ridiculous," Michiru replied, cool and collected as always. "Nathan was the one who wanted to stay. It was nothing special."

"Hmm," said Haruka, which a knowledgeable smile on her face. "So did you two kiss last night or not?"

"What!" Michiru exclaimed, redness rushing to her cheeks. "I don't see why that's any of your business," she said, turning to put the coffee on to heat up. "I didn't pry this much with you and Taylor."

"Ah, so this is like me and Taylor now?" Haruka asked, which only got Michiru more frustrated.

"No, I didn't mean that!" she insisted. "Nathan and I are just acquaintances, and nothing more."

"Mm, denial. Always a sure sign that you have feelings for someone," Haruka replied with a nod. Angrily, Michiru stood up and pushed Haruka out of the way, making a straight line for her room.

"I hate you, Haruka Tenou!" she yelled as she slammed the door shut. Haruka still only smiled.

"Don't worry, you'll always be my best friend too!"


"Idiot!" While the disagreement between Haruka and Michiru may have been a mere argument between friends, back at her lair, Garnet's fury at her comrades was exploding. "Eos, how DARE you show your face back here! You should have let the senshi kill you!"

"Madame Garnet, please," said Cin, trying her best to calm her mistress' fury. "Eos may not have failed completely."

"Thanks a lot," Eos muttered.

"Then how is it she's come back full of injuries, while the senshi remained untouched and the knights of the inner planets have awakened?!" Garnet demanded to know, taking out her anger on a nearby table instead.

"Well, she seems to have agitated one of the senshi anyway..." Cin pointed to her water mirror and showed a picture of Michiru alone in her room, fingering her transformation pen.

"The water senshi is looking for a fight," Cin explained. "She is lost and unsure of herself. My power feeds on that kind of self-doubt, and amplifies it. I will use my power to restore Eos' health, and add more energy to her weapon. Seeing one of their own fall may be all the senshi need to surrender the silver crystal to us."

Garnet considered the possibility for a moment. "But to do that would weaken your energy level and health considerably," she said.

"I do not mind, it is for the mission," said Cin. "I am not a good fighter on my own. Plus I believe Eos will be much better suited for this task."

"Very well," said Garnet, her anger finally starting to recede. "Do whatever you see fit. But if you fail me again, don't dare show your faces in this place."

"Yes, Madame Garnet." The two bowed and disappeared into the darkness.

Cin's vision of Michiru was quite correct. At the same moment the villains sat discussing it, Michiru was standing next her bed, deep in thought, holding her transformation pen in one hand and her mirror in the other.

"I'll show them..." Michiru thought to herself. "I'll show everyone, including myself, that I am not a just a jealous coward. I'm a strong fighter. I can face the enemy alone." She gripped the handle of the Deep Aqua Mirror. "Don't let me down," she whispered, not quite sure whether she was speaking to the talisman or to herself.

In the main room, Haruka sat on the couch reading a favorite novel, something she didn't seem to have as much time for nowadays. Yet despite the privilege, Haruka's mind could not seem to concentrate on the words in front of her.

"I hope I didn't upset Michiru too much," she pondered aloud. "I was pretty mean to her, I guess. Maybe I should go apologize." Haruka sat her book down and started to sit up, but just as she did, the doorbell rang. Running to answer it, Haruka was surprised, not to mention pleased, to see Nathan standing on the other side.

"Hi!" he said pleasantly. "Is Michiru in?"

"Sure, she's in her room," said Haruka, showing Nathan inside. This was perfect. A visit from Nathan might just be what Michiru needed to cheer up. Unfortunately, when they got to her room, there was no reply.

"Michiru?" Haruka asked, knocking lightly on the door. "Michiru, are you in there? Nate's here to see you." Still no answer. Haruka felt a bit guilty, but nevertheless, turned the doorknob and walked in, only to discover to her horror that Michiru's room was empty.