Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Italian Amore ❯ Vol. One/Chap. One: The New Girl ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Rome, Italy. Such a lovely day. The city was busy as usual. A bus pulled up to one of the stations it stops at. People and tourists stepped off in shock. One them was a Japanese girl.
She had long black hair braided into three braids on the sides and back of her head. Her eyes were a misty golden amber. She had a geisha's face. The girl had on a navy Japanese schoolgirl uniform. Oh, folks! She was like a water lily!
The girl looked around. Rome looked close to Osaka. Only, it wasn't. This was a jungle. She felt like a mouse. Small and weak.
The girl noticed a couple of boys eyeing her. That made her nervous even more. If only there was some help…
Alas! There was help! A guide was standing idle. The girl was saved! She quickly hurried to him.
“Excuse me!” the girl said aloud. “Can you help me?” The guide turned to her. He was a man in his earl thirties. He seemed to be on break. The girl wondered if she came at a bad time.
The guide smiled and said: “Sure hon.” The girl grew happy. She handed him a sheet of paper. The guide read it quietly. This is what it said:
Rome University
8012 Angelo St.
White building with silver gates
The guide looked up and said: “No problem.” The girl smiled.
“I'll show you to it.” the guide said.
“Thanks!” the girl said. The guide just smiled. Then the two began walking.
 
The New Girl
 
The girl and the guide came to Rome University under thirty minutes. The trip would have been longer but the guide knew a shortcut. He led the young girl behind a café and through a small narrow path in the park. The girl memorized the shortcut for later use.
“Well,” the guide said at last. “Here we are. Rome University.” The girl was in complete shock. The campus and the building were ever so comely! The grass was so green. The building was strong and marble. The fountains and statues were masterpieces. Even the Italian flag seemed perfect!
“Like it?” the guide asked his follower. The girl nodded. The site took her tongue away. “Knew you would.” the guide said with a smile. “Arigato san!” the girl exclaimed. “No thank you, um… uh…” the guide said back. The girl turned to him.
“Shoji Yuri.” she introduced herself.
“Yuri.” the guide said. Yuri bowed her head and entered through the gates with her registered pass. The guide watched her all the way.
Yuri took out her map to the campus. She received it in the mail two weeks before today. Boy, was she surprised to see it with a letter of acceptation from Rome University. The girl was expecting to go to a community college in Osaka. But her mother had different plans for her daughter. While Yuri was busy with community work, her mother filled out an application for Rome University. So you can image Yuri's shock when she found out she was going to Rome for college for four years! So now, she was here.
“Let's see,” Yuri mumbled as she looked at the map. “The registers office is in the main building up north.” The girl looked up. She was standing in front of the main building. “Hm, I guess I found it.” Yuri thought. Then she walked through the doors.
Yuri walked through the registers office door eight doors down the hall to her right. The girl casually knocked on the door when she came to it.
“Come in!” a voice called from inside. The girl opened the door and complied.
The office looked fancy. The walls and carpet were a royal red. Books were everywhere. Even a fireplace was there. Yuri felt right.
“Take a seat.” the same voice said. Yuri nodded and slowly sat down in a velvet seat near her. Another chair behind the oak desk turned to her. A middle-aged Italian man sat in it. He looked like a well-acclaimed scholar with his fine suit and gold-framed glasses. Yuri was impressed.
“So,” the scholarly dean began. “Yuri. You've made it here safely. How was your trip?”
“Fine, san.” the girl said.
“That's great to hear.” the dean said. Yuri felt much better.
“I'm here to register for my classes.” the young student addressed.
“Ah! And I've got them right here, hang on.” the dean said. Then he began looking through his note card file. Yuri waited quietly.
Outside the registers office, a female student waited patiently. She had been ease dropping closely. She was enjoying what she was hearing. “Another girl!” the student thought. “Sweet!” She grinned hard.
Then the student heard footsteps. That told her to stop listening now. To avoid getting caught, the student leapt away from the door and rushed farther down the hall.
The door opened and Yuri stepped into the hall. She had her new schedule in her hand. It was official. Yuri was a student of Rome University.
Yuri began walking down the hall to her first new class. She was halfway there when she heard someone clear their throat. Yuri turned to see the other female student. She had red hair to her ears and lovely baby blue eyes. Her uniform was nearly pressed. Yuri had to admit, the girl was pretty cute, in a boyish way.
“Hi.” the girl said. “Uh…. hello…” Yuri said uneasily. The other girl looked up.
“Aw, what?” she asked. “Can't talk to a fellow classmate?” Yuri was completely lost now.
“Uh…” she began again. “Who are you?” The other girl smirked.
“Call me Lena.” she said.
“I'm Yuri.” the new student said. “I know.” Lena thought.
“Well,” Lena spoke up.
“Let's go!” Yuri was befuddled again.
“Go?” she asked. “Go where?”
“To class, of course!” Lena exclaimed. But before Yuri could part her lips, her new classmate grabbed her and dragged her to their first class.
First Day