Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Italian Amore ❯ Vol. One/Chap. Six: Night City ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Yuri raced out into the night. She was in shock at what Lena tried to do to her. She said that she loved her and tried to kiss her. The girl just ran off. She didn't know what to do at all. Her head was just spinning. Then, she noticed something off about her surroundings.
It was the dark night. One could say it was close to midnight. The rain had stopped. Yuri looked all around her. She wasn't even on campus anymore! The girl was now confused. “Huh?” she thought. “Where… am I? How did I get this far? And how do I get back?” She slowly began wandering back. This was going to be a long night.
Yuri walked around uneasily. She hadn't been in Rome long enough to know how to get back again. The girl began looking around for anyone to help her. No such luck so far. There weren't many people around. And even if there were, it would be pointless to stop and ask for directions. She couldn't speak Italian and they probably wouldn't understand Japanese. So that wasn't a good plan. Yuri had no choice but to face it. She was lost and didn't know how to get back to school again. Poor Yuri was just now stuck. The girl sighed in stress. There was only one way out of this. Yuri would have to find her way back to school all alone. “Oh boy!” she thought with worry. “This is going to be a nightmare!” Then she began her trip back.
 
Night City
 
He watched her closely. He had seen her from day one. He was infatuated with her. It was like the song “Where the Wild Roses Grow” by Nick and Caves and Kylie Minogue. Yuri was his Elisa Day and he was the man in the song. All without the murder, of course. He considered himself an angel to Yuri-chan. So far, it was just friendly watching. But now, Yuri was in trouble and needed help. He was stuck with a dilemma. Come out and scare her to death and hide and watch her wander around helpless in the dark. It was tough, but he chose to come out and help. But how not to scare her? That was the challenge. He had to act fast or Yuri would never make it back to school before morning. He decided to go right for it without warning. Well, here goes nothing.
Yuri was wandering around in a circle when something caught her eye. A man quickly dashed in front of her under a street light. The poor girl stood frozen in shock and fear. The man reached out to her. Yuri slowly backed away. She just stared at him in complete fear. The light gave her a good look at her potential attacker. He looked about her age. He was an Asian man like her. His hair was long messy and dark black. His eyes were a striking black color. He was dressed in a black t-shirt, baggy jeans, and dirty sneakers. A dark blue headband was on his forehead. The boy looked like he wanted her money and virginity. The boy stepped closer to her and Yuri backed away.
“Please, miss!” he pleaded. “I'm not trying to hurt you. I only want to help.” Now, Yuri was confused. He spoke Japanese just as well as she did. The girl didn't know what to think now.
“You're Japanese too?” she asked him.
“Yeah!” the boy said. Yuri was really surprised. A Japanese boy here in Rome just like her? This wasn't real!
“What part of Japan are you from?” she asked.
“Sapporo,” he answered. This was getting interesting. Yuri had to learn more.
“What is your name?” she asked him.
“Shizuma,” he said to her.
“I'm Yuri,” the girl replied almost automatically. Then, they bowed.
“Tell me,” Shizuma said to her. “What were you so upset about earlier, if you don't mind me asking?” Yuri hesitated for a long while. Shizuma waited for her while she collected her head again.
“Want to sit down and talk?” he asked her. Yuri froze for a moment. Then, she nodded. The pair sat down on the ground in the street.
“Now,” Shizuma said. “What's the matter?” Yuri broke down and told him everything about the dance show and Lena hitting on her. Shizuma listened in silence. He shook his head when she was finished. Yuri noticed his face.
“What?” she asked. Shizuma just shrugged at her.
“Most girls almost always have problems with Lena,” he explained. “She's a slut.”
“I can see that!” Yuri said.
“Don't take it personal,” the boy said. “That's how it is.”
“I see,” Yuri said softly. They both went quiet for a moment.
“Hey,” Shizuma spoke up. “I know how to get us back to the school!” Yuri looked at him with big eyes.
“Really?” she asked. Shizuma nodded at her boldly.
“Yep!” he said. “Follow me!” Then, he rose to his feet and walked the road. Yuri's grew big in shock.
“Hey, wait for me!” she cried out to him. Then she shot up to her feet and ran after him to keep up.
They made it back to Rome University before midnight. Yuri walked up to her dorm house. Shizuma just stood still and watched her. Yuri stopped in her tracks and turned around. She looked at him confused.
“Well,” the girl said to him. “Aren't you going to go back to your dorm?” Shizuma smiled as he shrugged at her.
“Nah, this is as far as I go,” he said to her. “Besides, I won't go into my dorm until I have seen you off safely.” Yuri looked at him slightly uneasy.
“Uh… okay…” she said to him. Shizuma just smiled at her.
“Well go on!” he told his new infatuation. “You've got class in the morning! Go to your dorm and get some sleep, Yuri!” The girl nodded at him.
“Right!” she said quickly. Then, Yuri hurried away to her dorm. Shizuma watched her run away. A little smile came across his face.
Night!” the thug thought. Once she was out of his sight, he headed back to his own dorm for the night. Shizuma did his good deed for the night.
They Call Me the Wild Rose