Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Italian Amore ❯ Vol. One/Chap. Eight: Cleaning Day ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

On the day of the dance show, Rome University got word of the top university inspector was coming to the school for a semi-annual inception. That only meant one thing: it was time to clean up the place. All of the students and professors got right to work. Everyone was assigned to a task to get the whole job done. Some didn't really care. Others found it such a pain. Lena always hated cleaning up in general.
“I don't see why we have to do this today!” she wailed out.
“The inspector is coming today,” Madison spoke up. “You want us to get a good grade on inspection, don't you?” Lena thought about that for a moment. Then, she shrugged.
“Good point,” the alpha female said at last. Madison smiled at her. Then, the girls went back to cleaning the home ec. room. While cleaning the mirror, Lena peeked over at Madison as she was sweeping the floor. Madison was a lovely girl. Her long black hair was gracefully wavy. Her eyes were a beautiful sapphire blue color. Madison was a tiny little thing. She looked like a life-size doll in her school uniform. Lena smiled to herself as she kept cleaning the mirror. She was infatuated with little Madison. She was the perfect girlfriend to have. Lena was very luck indeed. Madison was the best girl that she ever had. Madison was just so innocent. Lena could play with her all she liked. Speaking of which, the alpha female felt like “playing” right now.
“Hey Maddie!” Lena called to her. The other girl looked up quickly. Lena didn't turn around. A wicked smile came across her face.
“You are so hot!” she called to her girlfriend. Madison froze up out at that comment right fast. She knew this game too well. Lena was planning to corner her again. The results were going to be the same as always. Madison just couldn't win against her lover. It was just a win-lose situation.
“Uh… thanks…” the innocent girl said aloud. The devil kept her smirk. Within seconds, it would be game, set, match. Lena turned to her girl smiling.
“In fact,” she went on. “You are so hot that the new girl, Yuri, can't compete with you!” The angel nymph stared at her with wide eyes of surprise. Lena rarely compared her to the new girls at all. This was new to her. Madison was blushing in fact.
“R-Really?” she stammered out. Lena nodded at her smiling. That did it! Madison couldn't hold back anymore. She rushed forward and kissed Lena on the lips deeply. The alpha female kissed back without a pause. She pushed Madison back onto the table. The game ended the same way as usual. Lena just loved it when she won. It was just how it was. The alphas always won. Simple as that!
 
Cleaning Day
 
The inspector came around noon. She was the real snob. Everything had to be perfect in her eyes. Very few schools made perfect marks. Rome University was always number two. Year after year was a pure failure. Not this year! They were going to be number one this year.
Mrs. Angelo walked onto the campus in the condescending way. She was feared by all. The woman was in her late thirties. She looked tired. The luggage under her eyes was a dead giveaway. The inspector was a thin woman. She looked like she needed to eat so badly. Her black-grey dress suit hung from her small frame. The black pumps added to her height. She held her clipboard to her nearly flat chest. The inspector was walking in a quick rush. The girls were hiding nervously. Some were making snarky comments.
“Poor cow!” Lena whispered to Madison. Her girlfriend just nodded. They dare didn't say these things out loud. Too much depended on their silence. One little slip and Rome University would be off of the school list forever! Lena and Madison liked their heads right where they were, thank you!
The inspector made it into the building. The headmaster greeted her warmly.
“Bonjourno Mrs. Angelo!” she called to her. The inspector didn't stop at all. She was on a missing this afternoon.
“Uh-huh,” she said as she pushed right past him without stopping. The headmaster snorted bitterly.
“Rude cow!” he muttered under his breath. Then he went back to his office. The inspector walked on. The staff and students cleaned and went on with classes as usual. Everyone was really nervous. “Please let us be number one this semester!” they all thought. So far, everything looked good. Everyone went the extra mile this semester.
Meanwhile, the dance show was making last minute touch-ups. Everyone was hard at work. Lena was surprisingly on her best behavior tonight. She wasn't hitting on the other girls and guys, making a past at Yuri, or picking fights with Angela. Today was pretty peaceful. Even Yuri was relaxed to work with her. “Maybe the inspector should come around here more often!” she thought. The auditorium was the last place to examine. Here was the moment of truth. This one room could make break them hard. All eyes were on the dance show.
Mrs. Angelo came into the auditorium. The dancers acted as normal. Yuri was really nervous. Angela lightly patted her on shoulder. The star quickly looked up. The co-director smiled at her.
“Just relax,” she whispered. “It'll be over before you know it.” Yuri nodded uneasily. The inspection went on as planned. Mrs. Angelo walked through the whole auditorium examining everything. The performers waited anxiously as Lena and Angela wished them well. Mrs. Angelo looked over at the crew.
“Excuse me,” she said. Everyone looked up instantly. The inspector looked at each one closely.
“What's going on here?” she asked. Lena stepped forward boldly.
“This ma'am,” she called. “Is our crew for the dance show tonight.” Everyone stood silent. The inspector raised an eyebrow at her.
“What?” she asked. “What is this dance show you speak of?” Lena kept her smile.
“The girls and I decided to do something artistic for the fall,” she replied. “So here we are.”
“Does the university approve?” Mrs. Angelo asked. Lena turned to Angela.
“The form?” she asked her co-director. Without a word, Angela reached into her jacket pocket. The rest of the crew waited anxiously. This was it. This was the moment of truth that could make or break them for the semester.
The co-director produced the form for everyone to see. She handed it to Mrs. Angelo. The inspector took it and read it to herself. The crew waited in silence. Their hearts were all racing now. Any time now…
The inspector finally looked up at them. Everyone was still waiting. It was so close… Then, something strange happened. Mrs. Angelo actually… smiled. The crew was silently surprised. The inspector handed Angela the form back. She then wrote down her last marks on her chart. She looked back up at the crew.
“Carry on,” Mrs. Angelo said to them. Then she turned away leaving. The crew watched as she did so. No one dared to move an inch at all. There was a breath of relief when the door slammed shut.
“Did we just… win?” Minako asked in surprise.
“Sure did!” Lena answered. Everyone stayed still for a moment longer before returning to work again.
Inspection Report:
School: Rome University
Cleaning: 10/10
Nutrition: 10/10
Attendance: 9/10
After School Programs/Clubs: 10/10
Education: 10/10
Etiquette: 10/10
Discipline: 10/10
School-Related Activities: 10/10
Dress Code: 10/10
Overall: 10/10
 
Good Qualities: Everything
 
Things to Improve: Attendance could be better
 
Comments: One of the best schools in Italy. Working hard to improve itself one day at a time. They have a long way to go, but RU is getting there just fine. Overall, RU is a great school.
 
Date: 9/1/71
 
Signed: V. Angelo
Overall: Great