Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Laptop Love ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 2

Darien went home that night carrying Serena's bag in hand. When he reached his glum apartment he was upset that it was so empty all the time had wished that there were some way to make it brighter. Either way it didn't matter he knew no one cared and it would probably continue to be that way for the rest of his. Setting the bag down in the corner, he went about his nightly routine. He placed his shoes neatly in the corner and then proceeded to make himself a microwave dinner before sitting down in front of his T.V to eat it. It wasn't until much later that night that Darien picked up the small bag and began to try to determine what was wrong with it. He carefully unzipped it and put it down on the table. He was able to get it up and running okay but as soon as he tried to access things, the virus reared its ugly head. He worked on it for hours, almost amazed that some elementary hacker had come up with it in the first place. It was a tricky virus, and he had underestimated it.

If you tried to wipe it out of the system using a de- bugger, the way he knew it would be done at a fancy computer shop, then it automatically blacked out your screen and started deleting things. So he tried another approach, carefully he went deeper and deeper into the main database of the computer careful not to open any major files, or he would activate the Virus. There among many other things, deep in cyber space he found the source of the entire problem. Carefully he hacked into the virus' main system and made it so that it would start eating away at itself instead of at the computer, feeling successful he shut it down knowing that he wouldn't be able to confirm his work until morning.

The computer needed time to re-boot. The next day Darien got up early and looked over at the clock to see it was Saturday, his least favorite day. At least on the weekdays he could see Serena and carefully insult his way into her life, but on Saturday he had to realize that he wasn't even a small part of her life. She didn't have or want anything to do with him. Had he not insulted her all the time she wouldn't even know he was there, so already to start another depressing day he got out of bed and began his usual morning rituals. Since today was Saturday he figured it would be the perfect time to look at the laptop some more. *~*~*~*

Serena awoke earlier than usual that morning, especially for a Saturday. But she hadn't slept most the night before, and wasn't surprised to see that she had only gotten roughly, maybe, 5 or 4 hours of sleep. She fell back on her pillow after looking at the alarm clock, an exasperated sigh escaping her lips. Usually on nights like this when she could sleep, she would think back to Darien and how she liked him. Then she would make a dream in her head, one where Darien and her had met under good circumstances and then had become friends, and more. She knew that Darien wasn't interested, he was 21 for god's sake! He wouldn't go out with her in a million years, besides her age, she was a klutz, a crybaby, and a coward. Not to mention an unattractive idiot. It was really slow torment when she thought about it. When she couldn't sleep she would simply dream of Darien, and instantly she would be asleep before you could bat an eyelash. However once she awoke from those dreams she would write in her diary about them and that would make her realize that it was fantasy and not reality. With out her diary they're as a safety net to bear her feelings too, she would be lost in that fantasy. And to her that was something that she simply could not do, she couldn't let herself fall to deeply for him, other wise she would never be able to pull herself back out and go on with her normal life when she was rejected. Serena sat there for a while longer trying to think of anything that she could do to get her to sleep. Alas, there was nothing, and taking one last look at the clock she began to get up. Then a thought struck her, and she began to think. The reason she couldn't sleep was because she wanted to dream of Darien but couldn't. The reason she couldn't dream of him was because she couldn't write about it later in her diary and get her feelings off her chest and out of her mind. The reason she couldn't write in her diary was because her diary was digital and kept on her Laptop. And her Laptop was with... OM MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! Serena jumped out of bed at the speed of light. That was when it hit her that Darien had full access to her Diary. Her thoughts, her feelings, her heart. She had to get it back and fast. But how?