Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Waking Ami ❯ Healing: A Month In The Life ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Waking Ami

Chapter 10

Healing, A Month In The Life

PinaPoe

::BUZZ::

::BUZZ::

The doorbell in Juni's condo was beeping constantly. The annoying noise's repetitiveness slowly drug the exhausted woman from her long tortured sleep. Once awake it took her a moment to orient herself as to where and when she was. The exhausted teacher slowly rose to her feet, she cringed as every movement brought a dull ache or occasional searing pain.

"Who is it?" Juni croaked out into the intercom that led to the entrance of the building.

There was a moment's pause, Juni silently cursed before turning back toward her bedroom. "Juni? Are you ok?" The question was asked slowly and the words seemed to have a little bit of relief in them.

The battered teacher spun around and rushed back to the intercom at hearing her love's voice. Ami's quiet tones even through the electronic squawk of the intercom acted as a balm for her soul. "Ami!" Juni let go of the intercom button as she held back a cry from the pain that shot through her back.

"I have been so worried." Ami's voice sounded again through the speaker. "Can… Can I see you, please?" The question was asked slowly as if the younger girl was unsure of how her girlfriend would answer.

Ami received an answer in the form of a loud buzzing noise, which indicated the door being unlocked. She practically threw it open as she hurried up the stairs. She was fueled by an overwhelming concern for the woman that no one has seen for three days.

It took several minutes before Juni realized the condition of herself and her condo. She was in severe pain, her back especially. She could not tell what damage was still present, but she did know that anything would be hard to explain. That went double for the small blood trail leading into her room. Ami would be there any second, so the exhausted teacher had to think fast. Lucky for her Garoben had the perfect answer, the demon quickly cast a masking spell on herself and the room. She was relieved to note that even though her body was pretty beat up she still retained the majority of the energy she drained from the three men.

A gentle knock sounded just as the last incantations from the spell left Juni's lips. "I'm coming!" Juni called out before realizing that she wasn't wearing anything. She made her way to her room as fast as she could, the pain hampering her speed greatly. Another knock sounded as She struggled to put on a sleep shirt and sweat pants.

Several knocks later the bedraggled woman managed to open her door. Ami was standing there with her head down preparing to knock again. Juni felt miserable when she noticed that Ami was crying. Juni intercepted Ami `s hand as it prepared to knock. She instead knelt down and brought it to her lips placing a feather soft kiss upon it.

Ami looked up with tears in her eyes. Seeing her teacher there, the young genius let out a quiet whimper as she wrapped her arms around her. "I was so worried. You were missing and I…" Ami continued crying tears of relief. Juni hid her physical pain as she shut her door and brought her friend into a tight embrace.

"Shhh it's all right. I'm here." Juni whispered reassurances into Ami's ear as she held her.

It wasn't long before Ami had composed herself. The two women sat awkwardly in Juni's doorway holding hands and looking at each other. It was Ami who broke the silence. "You were gone for three days. I tried coming by, and I called but, but no one…" Ami frowned as she struggled to maintain her composure. "You are here now though, and that's all that matters."

Ami unexpectedly leaned forward and took her teacher into another embrace, drawing down her head to meet her in a tender kiss. "I was worried about you." The young genius moved her hands inadvertently to one of the raw spots on Juni's back. Juni tried her best to mask the surge of pain, but she still grimaced and let out a small cry.

"Juni are you alright? Did I hurt you?" Ami immediately let go off her girlfriend afraid that any contact would cause her more pain. Juni needed the contact though, she reached out to take Ami's hand in hers gently bearing down until the pain subsided.

The older teacher could practically feel the younger woman's concern. She knew she had to think of some way to explain this without exposing Ami to the truth. An idea came to her surprisingly fast. "I'm going to be alright. I was really sick from the fever, it knocked me out for a few days. I`m feeling much better now though, just a little sore." Juni gave Ami what she thought was a reassuring smile, but she was unaware as to how exhausted she really looked.

Ami considered this for a moment before rising and extending her teacher a hand. Puzzled, Juni accepted the assistance and stood looking at her student. "In that case, let me take care of you for tonight, so you will be healthy tomorrow."

"Alright." Juni answered with a smile, charmed and touched by her girlfriend's consideration.

Ami led the puzzled Juni back to her room. "First things first, get some clothes, I am going to draw you a bath." Juni raised a curious eyebrow to her friend who smiled sheepishly. "No offense, but you really need one." A deep blush covered the young teacher as she scurried away from Ami to get her change of clothes and towels.

By the time she had everything ready, Ami was almost finished preparing the bath. Juni was touched not only by Ami's willingness to do this for her, but also by the extra details she put into it. Empty bath beads were stacked in a neat pile next to the bath, and a few scented candles were also lit. Ami had even gone so far as to put on some relaxing music, which drifted in from the living room.

The young genius had just finished filling the bath and checking the temperature when she noticed her teachers presence behind her. She turned and blushed slightly at the sight of her girlfriend wrapped in her towel. For the first time, Ami felt not only admiration, but also pure raw desire from looking upon another person. Setting that aside for the time being Ami stood and walked to meet Juni at the entrance of the bathing room.

"Perfect timing I just finished getting everything ready."

Juni smiled thankfully down at her girlfriend and gently kissed her forehead. "Thank you Ami, I never had anybody to care for me like this before. It makes me feel really special."

Taking advantage of her position Ami leaned her head up to capture Juni's lips with her own. "And what kind of girlfriend would I be if I let you deal with this all by yourself?"

The statement brought another smile to Juni's face, as she remembered similar words spoken to Ami on her first day back to school. It had only been a few days, but from all that had happened it seemed like a lifetime ago. Lost in her thoughts the ailing teacher almost missed what Ami said as she closed the door behind her. "Take your time rinsing off, I'll be back in a little while to wash you back and hair for you." Juni blushed furiously at the thought of her girlfriend not only seeing her naked, but bathing her as well.

Garoben was thoroughly amused by her hosts discomfort, but truth be told she was also a bit touched by Ami's consideration. She wished for a moment that she had taken the time to get to know the young genius two thousand years ago. That thought passed quickly, it would have been impossible then. Especially since the knowledge of her royal house was restricted to only a select few. Not that it mattered, there was no use in thinking about such things.

In the meantime the centuries old demon resolved herself to letting her host enjoy the experiences of first love. As much as she herself admired and even loved the younger girl, she would mostly stay in the background whenever her host spent time with her.

While Juni washed herself off, Ami went to the kitchen to see what there was to eat. She was a little dismayed to find barely anything edible. ::Hmm I will have to make a quick trip to the store.:: Although not the best cook in the world, Ami was proficient at making simple meals. That was a skill she had to hone while her mother was going through her rough months.

Double-checking what was available Ami prepared a quick grocery list. ::I think a nice tofu soup would work well.:: That decided Ami returned to the foyer of the bathroom. She noticed that Juni had brought a few extra towels with her. ::Saves me the trouble of finding one.:: As she started to disrobe it hit Ami that she was about to go in and bathe her girlfriend. The thought would have excited her, except for that fact that Juni was ill and she needed caring for.

::I will have time to do this again later the proper way.:: Ami blushed faintly as ideas for her future pampering of her girlfriend drifted through her mind. Her pulse was racing and her blush had deepened considerably as she waited at the door of the bathing room. She stood there a moment willing herself to calm down. Right now she was taking care of a sick friend. Just the same way she had her mom the many times she found her passed out in the living room from long nights of drinking. That image was all it took to clear away all her amorous thoughts.

Ami knocked gently before entering the bathing room. Juni was seated upon a small stool rinsing the soap from her body. They both froze for a moment as there eyes locked. Ami struggled to keep her herself from openly ogling her girlfriend, while Juni blushed furiously. Juni was the first to break the gaze, and neither woman spoke as Ami knelt behind her and began to scrub her back. The young teacher easily found herself relaxing from the gentle ministrations. Ami on the other hand struggled to keep herself in a professional mindset.

As Ami rinsed the soap from Juni's back and moved to her hair Juni's mind began to wander. The subtle intimacy of the moment struck her. Suddenly her relaxed mood was washed over with feelings of guilt. Here Ami was caring for her, but not even knowing the real reason why. Juni liked to think that Ami was the closest anyone had ever become to her, that they connected on a different level. Reality was different however. In truth Ami barely knew half of her, and the other half is truly the only one who knew everything about her.

Ami was entranced while washing Juni's beautiful hair. She enjoyed the feel of running her hands through it, probably just as much as Juni herself enjoyed the ministrations . The young genius was completely caught up in it until she heard a gentle weeping. Broken from the moment she realized that her girlfriend was crying.

"Juni!! Are you alright, did I hurt you?" Ami was confused as to what caused her girlfriends loss of composure. When the crying only increased Ami wrapped her arms around Juni and rested her head upon her shoulder. She gently rocked her and tried to calm her with soothing, whispered, reassurances.

Pain both physical and emotional raced through Juni's body. When Ami had left her alone, she had expended some of her energies to mend her back. She did a pretty good job too, good enough that the back washing didn't feel too bad at all. Ami pressed against it however was starting to get uncomfortable. "Ami… Please, my back."

The younger girl was confused at her girlfriend's words, until she looked down to where she was embraced. Ami gasped as a plethora of angry red welts slowly begun to appear across the once smooth surface. "Juni… What happened."

Juni slowly turned around, taking a deep breath as she did. Ami was startled at first, and quickly drew her vision up to look Juni in the eyes. Said eyes were red and blurred from tears. Juni obviously had something on her mind that she needed to get out. Knowing this Ami remained quiet, silently willing her friend to talk to her.

Steadying herself Juni debated on what she could say, what she thought Ami could handle. "Ami… I did something horrible." Juni had to pause as her composure threatened to break. "I paid a heavy price for what I did. And please believe me when I say that I wish I could go back in time and change what happened. I never wanted to hurt anyone, I never wanted to meet..." The older woman couldn't continue and began to cry again.

Ami sat there in stunned silence, her eyes also tearing up a bit. Her eyes expressed confusion, and it was obvious she had a ton of questions. She knew though that badgering her friend for answers would not help. Instead she decided to just wait and offer her a silent support. A couple times it looked as if Juni was going to continue, but every time she met Ami's eyes she would break down again.

After failing to continue, Juni's eyes shifted and the tears stopped. "Ami please, give me time. I will explain everything to you. We just need to sort some things out first." Garoben paused as she realized her slip, she could tell that Ami caught it to but didn't quite know what to make of it. Angry that she could bumble something like that the demon returned control to her host, who seemed to have calmed a bit.

"You are not in any trouble are you?" Ami asked hoping that that wasn't the case, but feeling that it was.

Juni gently shook her head before replying in a choked voice. "I wish I could say that was true." Juni reached out her hand to cup Ami's cheek. She locked gazes with her wanting to make sure that Ami knew exactly how much she meant what she was about to say. "Whatever happens Ami I want you to know what you mean to me. You have become the most important thing in my life, and the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you Ami."

Ami was speechless. Juni slowly drew her in for a kiss, one to express physically what she had said aloud. The first kiss was slow and tender, a pronunciation of love. This led to many more kisses and gentle touches. Both women were lost in the moment, and in desperate need of each others support. Juni was about to remove Ami's towel when she realized what she was doing and pulled away. It took Ami a moment to figure out that Juni had stopped. When she was able to focus again she saw that Juni had withdrawn from her and seemed to be shying away.

"Why did you stop?" Ami questioned, suddenly feeling insecure. "Did I do something wrong? Is something wrong with me?"

"NO! God no, Ami, I am so sorry, I just." Juni clasped Ami's shoulders and once again made sure she had the girl's complete attention. It took a moment for Ami to lift her gaze, her insecurities made her immediately think that something was wrong with her. "Ami listen to me. There is nothing wrong with you, don't you even think that. I just, I have a lot of things I have not told you. Some of these things I can't tell you, at least not yet." Juni paused a second to gather her thoughts. "What I mean to say is that until I can share with you completely everything that I have kept secret, I cannot ask you to share yourself with me."

::Ack! Can I be any more muddled?:: "Just so you know, I do want to "be" with you. I just don't think it would be good for our relationship to take it to the next level while I am still keeping things from you. Does that make any sense?"

"Yes, I understand." Ami seemed a bit embarrassed and uncomfortable, but Juni could tell that the young genius did understand what she was trying to say. It appeared that she probably needed to work some things out herself. "Uhm, I need to go get some things for dinner. I will be back in a little while."

The younger girl started to get up to leave. Juni stood with her and brought her into a hug. Ami was a bit tense at first but soon relaxed into it. "Ami, I will explain everything as soon as I can, I promise." Juni kissed Ami before the young genius turned to leave.

Ami turned to face her teacher before closing the door. "I will wait, but try not to take to long, alright? Remember you promised." With that she left the bathing room, and Juni to her thoughts.

______________________________________________________________

Dear Diary,

Juni loves me. She told me this, just after she said she was keeping something from me. I do not understand that. Is not part of love the ability to trust your loved ones with your secrets? Am I being naive in thinking this? And then I need to think of my own feelings. To say that I care deeply for Juni would be an understatement. She has been the best friend I could ever hope for. True she is my girlfriend now, but we only really started dating a few days ago.

There are so many things she does not know about me, and obviously there are many "major" things that I do not know about her. These things are important enough to make her cry. I do not have the best imagination in the world, so I cannot even begin to think on what these things are. My gut instinct tells me that it is something very bad. Knowing this, does it change what feelings I do have for her?

In an earlier entry I wrote that I thought I was falling in love. Thinking on that, even with what she has told me, it is still true. I can fall for her, I am falling for her. I think she was right to stop us, I would like to know about her, all of her before we go any further.

Which brings another question. I know it sounds ridiculous, but sometimes I think that Juni is really two different people. I am not just talking about mood changes either. She acts like she has two completely different people inside of her. Maybe it is just my imagination, then again I did say that I do not have much of that. Still, with crazy things like monster attacks and magical girls on the news, this does not seem so far fetched.

I am over analyzing this. Juni said she loves me. Take away all the stuff I just wrote and I feel indescribable. My pulse is rising and my skin is flushed just thinking about it. To know that my best friend and the one person that I look up to most in the world "except maybe mom" loves me, it makes me feel very special. I want to tell her the same, that I love her too. I think that I do. I want to know for sure though, and I want Juni to show me that she trusts me with her secret.

When I close my eyes and ask myself if I am in love the first thing that comes to mind is yes. Logically that means that I am, still I have never been in love before so maybe I do not know what I am feeling. I am so confused. I have not even said anything about the physical side of things either. I guess I never wrote much about it because I cannot really describe it. I find that when I kiss her, touch her, and she in turn kisses me that I loose myself. I become lost in the sensations and I am so overwhelmed I do not know my head from my feet, much less anything else.

I can say this though, it hurt last night when she pulled away from me. I was enjoying our "time " together and I think she was too. Again logically I know why she stopped and it makes sense, but I still cannot help but feel cheated. Cheated because we cannot even think about advancing our relationship until she works things out with herself. Or whoever else is living in there with her. That does not seem to bother me at all. In a sense I suppose that if it is true, than I have noticed it all along. Maybe there really is a "Computer Juni".

I have so much that I need to think about. Something in the back of my head is telling me that I might be too young for all of this. I think I am going to ignore it. Despite all my confusion, I really want this to work.

I need to go leave for school soon. I really hate the school mom is sending me to. Now that I have started to apply myself I find that I probably have a better understanding of the material than most of my teachers do. I miss my studying with Juni. One thing is for sure, Sundays and holidays cannot come fast enough.

August 29, 1992

________________________________________________________________ ________

"Makoto? MAKO, you're awake! Priest she's awake!" Fiore had only left his friends side four times in the last three days. As fate would have it she just happened to wake up while he was gone getting food. Food, which was now forgotten in a pile at the doorway as the young man, dashed to his friend's side. He had to will himself not to envelope her into a hug. Even though she looked healthy he really had no idea how she felt physically. Instead he grasped her hand and clung to it like a lifeline. "You're awake… Thank the gods." Tears started overflowing from the handsome young man's eyes as he silently thanked anything that would listen for the return of his friend.

"What's wrong flower boy?" Makoto mumbled out the question. Her voice was slightly hoarse from sleep and disuse. She slowly blinked her eyes and casually glanced around the unfamiliar room. Her eyes fastened onto her friend who was kneeling beside her trying to wipe away his tears. "Jeez, you look like shit. What have you been up to?" It was an often-used banter between the two friends, usually whenever one of them was in a fight and looked it. Makoto foggily remembered what happened and suspected that a little normalcy between them would be a good thing. Fiore was obviously worried sick, apparently she was worse off than she felt.

For Fiore, the last few days were hell. Even the "tests" he endured at the hands of the scientist and doctors from his youth were nothing compared to waiting to see if the one person closest to him in the world would ever wake up. Hearing the familiar teasing was a blessing for him.

"So, you just gonna sit there, or are you going to tell me what happened?" Makoto smiled at her friend letting him know that she really was ok. At least that's how she felt. She wondered briefly how long she was out. From what she remembered of the fight she was worked over pretty bad. From previous experience she knew that there should be at least a few bruises where the men were kicking her. Although, from what she could feel there wasn't anything wrong. Of course Fiore had healed her before, which she presumed was what happened this time.

It took a moment for Fiore to regain his composure, Makoto helped it along by pulling him into a tight bear hug. Both to show that she was ok, and to express her thanks for what she thought he had done. Once he was calm the young man explained what had happened. How she had rescued a girl from being raped, and how she had been pretty beat up. He told her that an old priest had found her and brought her to his temple where he cared for her until the priest could find him. Once he had been brought to Makoto he spent the next few days healing her wounds. He spoke of how he stayed by her side the last three days, and how the priest would constantly check up on her. The girl she rescued had also stopped by everyday, once with her mother and twice by herself.

This is what the young man remembered. The truth was slightly different however. The old priest had no intentions of revealing himself to everyone and their mother. It took some time, but eventually he was able to change the memories from the "alien" mind of the young man who so obviously cared for his patient.

The rest of the day was spent with Fiore coddling his friend, who was becoming quickly annoyed with all the attention. Eventually though she just gave in, as it seemed to calm her friend who was really shaken up by whatever happened. The old priest would check on them from time to time, but for the most part let them alone. Makoto made a mental note to do something nice for her friend and find a way to thank the old man who had saved her life.

________________________________________________________________ ___

Dear Diary,

What a day! I know I just wrote this morning, but I wanted to put a few more things down on paper. First off, I really hope I was not as smothering to mom when I was helping her as she is to me now. I love my mom dearly, but I don't want her hovering over me every second she is around me. She still asks me if I want her to pick me up and drop me off from school!

You know, at one time there would be one else I would rather have by my side then her when something like this happened. Now I just wish she would give me some space. It wasn't that bad, and I do not need her treating me like a glass doll.

I am lying to myself again. It was that bad. But, my mom is not the person I want to be comforting me. Honestly I wish Juni had been the one there for me the last few days. I think that by itself tells me a lot about my feelings toward her. I am glad I went over yesterday. Not only because no one had seen her in a few days, but also because I am forced to look at a lot of things.

Well, I need to get ready for school tomorrow. It is going to be a really busy day. After school mom has a few hours off, so we plan on just relaxing together. I feel bad that I will not be able to go to the temple, but I promised Mr. Fiore that I would spend the day there on Sunday. I hope Makoto wakes up by then. Ugh! I am getting side tracked again. Good night.

August 29, 1992

________________________________________________________________ ________

Dear Diary,

Cram was "interesting" today. Juni seemed a bit nervous around me, that is to say she mostly avoided me. That makes it two days in a row. I thought she would get over it the first day, but she still seemed really skittish. I called her on it at the end of class. She apologized right away, said she did not know what I was feeling. It's not like I want her hanging on me in class or anything, I just want to know that I am acknowledged. I felt bad when she would avoid eye contact and not come anywhere near me.

I spent a little time in her office after that. One of the teachers walked in unexpectedly. We were not in a compromising position or anything I was sitting on the corner of her desk opposite of where she was. Still, the teacher got all embarrassed and excused herself. Juni says that she might have some trouble because of that but she did not care.

Oh, We are going to visit Makoto together on Sunday. It will be the first time Juni has been to the temple since Monday. I really had to try hard to convince her to go. Something about the temple makes her uncomfortable. If I had to guess I would say it was Grandpa Hino. He is a little bit of a nuisance at times, but he really is a sweet harmless old man. I wonder if maybe this is one of those secrets she was talking about.

I am a bit worried about Makoto. I want to be able to thank her for what she has done for me, but she has yet to wake up. Grandpa Hino is confident that she will wake up soon. I hope he is right. With the exception of yesterday, I have gone to see her every day since what happened. Mr. Fiore, (her boyfriend?) Is always there sitting at her side. He is very worried, and it is obvious that he cares for her a lot. It makes me happy to know that she will have someone to be with her the way Juni was with me.

Being honest with myself I am grateful that she was the one there when I first woke up. It would not have been the same if it had been my mom. Juni being there for me was… I cannot put into words what that meant to me. I think I am handling this as well as I am because of her. And to know that she was sick and left in the middle of work to be with me, well that makes me feel loved. I feel guilty to, but it is a guilty pleasure kind of thing. I know I would do the same for her in an instant.

And here I am again analyzing my feelings and thoughts toward my girlfriend. I could do that for hours and probably fill up several books and still not figure anything out. I just wish that I had someone to talk to about this. I think an outside view and a fresh perspective would help me sort this out. Unfortunately the only other person I can talk to is my mom. For some reason I really do not think she is ready for "that" conversation yet.

Well I will have to figure it out on my own. In the meant time I need to get to sleep, it has been a long day.

August 30, 1992

________________________________________________________________ ________

Author's notes::

Hello Everyone!! I think it was time to calm things down a bit, so I brought it back to a slice of life tale for a little while. Still a little drama but no monsters, violence, or trauma for the next three chapters or so. This Chpt. And the next two will be pretty short, just some important points during this month in the life of my characters.

Thanks to those who reviewed my last chpt. I am really sorry it took so long to get that last one out. It should take no longer than two weeks max each for the next two. The one after that should take about the same since I already have it planned. Then is the climax chpt. Followed by one or two epilog chpts. See I have a game plan. I hope to be finished before the New Year, but realistically I am thinking the end of January at the latest.

I am trying to explain any new things I have added or changes I made to the char. But if you have any questions about things I might have forgot or other randomness please feel free to e-mail me.

Questions? Comments? You can reach me at poepah@yahoo.com

Next chapter 11 New Friends, A Month In The Life.