Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Nights ❯ Second Night - Sleeping Beauty ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Author: Lauand (Cierzo)
Beta: Bookofnicodemus (Sex Slave #6) 
Theme: #23 - Like a piece of art
Rating: PG-13 for this chapter 
Disclaimer: Not mine. 
Author Notes: This is my contribution to the 30_nights LJ Community. Thank you very much to Books (you, sexy thing) for the beta-ing.
 
 
30 NIGHTS
Second Night - Sleeping Beauty
 
----------------------
 
Milo had spent the whole day planning what his course of action would be. Should he go and pay Shaka an early visit? Or would it be better to wait and meet him on the training grounds? Did he actually train like the rest of the Knights...? Or did he only meditate? Would it be impolite to interrupt him in the middle of his meditation? Then, when would be the best time to do that, and what time could he get him in a moment of leisure? Should Milo wear his armour? Would Shaka interpret that as an offense? What did clouds smell like?
Too many stupid questions to answer at one time. Was it just his imagination, or did he really not know the Knight of Virgo at all? Damn. Okay, no need to worry; as always, Milo would trust his instincts and act on impulse. So far, it had worked pretty well for him..
And so, it was decided. He would go to the temple of Virgo at night, wearing, instead of the armour of Scorpio, just casual clothing and his usual charm. He would just test the ground and ascertain what the better course of action would be in the future. Yeah. That sounded quite intelligent.
Congratulating himself for his cleverness, he took the first step down towards Shaka's temple.
----------------
The place was dark and peaceful. Part of this tranquillity, Milo supposed, was due to the subtle, underlying cosmos of the Knight of Virgo, protector of the shrine, which could be sensed all around. He waited for his eyes to adjust to the darkness, until he could make out the sparse furniture in the building; then he crossed the inside of the temple unhindered. That surprised him. For being the mysterious, cryptic, cold and introverted guy of the Sanctuary, Shaka had his defences rather open to strangers.
The perception of the wan glow of a candle spilling through a door left ajar took him out of his musings and led him to Virgo's bedroom, or so he assumed was the use of the quarters, at seeing the sleeping form lying on a simple bed (rather a pallet) in a corner of the room. So Shaka was a morning person… and quite the monk, judging for the austerity from his personal belongings…
He didn't linger in his exploration of the temple, having more important things at hand; he walked stealthily to where the blond Knight was resting and sat down gingerly on the bedside. The Knight of Virgo really was a sight. He had always thought him beautiful. More than handsome or attractive, Shaka was beautiful. In a delicate way. More like a girl than a male warrior. Milo smirked at the thought of it. If Virgo learned what he was thinking, he would be mad for sure. Or maybe not. Damned be that man and his surrounding mystery…
Yeah, Shaka had a pretty face. Pale, flawless skin, interminable golden tresses that fell graceful around the sleeping Knight, long lashes, fine eyebrows, proportioned features, small, cute nose and… soft looking, pale rosy lips. Parted lips. Inviting lips. Tempting, enticing, ripe lips. Before he knew, he was leaning little by little towards the sleeping Knight. Surely he wouldn't mind, being unconscious and all that. Milo was sure Shaka would understand. Anyways, who didn't like being kissed? Closing the distance, so near that he could almost feel Shaka's warmth on his face, Milo breathed and had to swallow. The sleeping Knight smell so good… just a pair of inches more and he would taste him, just an inch, half an inch, almost there, so sweet it would be, so soft…
The sudden lashing of a burning cosmos sent him flying against the opposite wall and before he realized he hadn't even grazed those tempting lips, he found himself sitting on the floor, his bruised backside telling him more or less what had happened.
Maybe Shaka wasn't asleep after all.
The Knight of Virgo sat on his bed-pallet-whatever, glaring at him (and Milo had to admit that there is merit to being able to glare such daggers keeping your eyes closed), with his golden cosmos glowing softly around him, keeping himself immobile as if waiting for Scorpio to recover his senses.
"I'm not the Sleeping Beauty. Don't try again."
"Well, I beg to differ… maybe you weren't sleeping," while he talked, he checked himself carelessly for injuries; once he was satisfied, he directed again his piercing look at the sitting Knight, "but you're doubtlessly beautiful."
Shaka was too elegant to snort at cheap pick-up lines, so instead, he coldly replied, "Physical beauty is circumstantial. Your words are not praise in my eyes."
Milo refrained from remarking to the blond mystic that it was no wonder, having his eyes constantly closed and all, and countered instead, "It won't stop them from being a truth."
"What are you doing here?"
"I thought it was obvious…" with that, Milo stood up, brushing some dust from his clothes, "I was kissing you."
"No, you weren't. Is that the only reason that brings you to the Temple of Virgo?"
The Knight of Scorpio took the question as an offer to conversation and got near the bed again. "That and to ask a favour from you."
Shaka kept perfectly still and silent as Milo took a seat again on his bedside, waiting for the other Knight to elaborate.
"I thought that you could help me with my meditation." Scorpio was sure that as the man closest to God, renown mystic and in general, a nearly professional `meditator', Shaka couldn't possibly refuse.
The Knight of Virgo took air audibly, "Meditation is a must for the Knights who base their techniques in the mystical power, like Saga or myself, or to help you find the path of enlightment, but what good will it do you, Knight of Scorpio, whose attacks are blatantly physical and deny the existence of any other truth but your own?"
"You're privating me from the benefits of meditation and the way to the Light?"
"No. I'm just doubting your reasons."
"I find your incredulity quite impolite and offensive."
"And I find putting trust in you quite stupid and naïve."
"You offend me… won't you take the word of a Golden Knight of Athena?"
Ignoring Milo's faked hurt, Shaka just answered as cold and calm as he always did, not even sighing at Scorpio's twisted rhetoric. "We are ourselves, not our titles. I won't take YOUR word. Not on this matter. Now, if you'll excuse me…"
Milo leaned towards the still figure of the other Knight, knowing perfectly well that even with his eyes closed, Shaka was totally aware of his position and body language. Then, he almost purred, "and if I don't excuse you? What will you do?"
The next thing he knew, he was standing outside the temple of Virgo, the shining stars twinkling mockingly at him. The remnants of a foreign cosmos in the air (Well, not so foreign anymore. Just not his, but Shaka's.), made him come to the conclusion that the Knight of Virgo had teleported him out of his shrine without him even noticing.
"Wow."
Slowly, still stunned at Shaka's power and, why not admit it, his beauty and character, he climbed his way back to his temple. Grinning. At last, he had found his match.