Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Nights ❯ Third Night - Cup of Tea ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
 
 
       Author: Lauand (Cierzo)
       Beta: Bookofnicodemus (Sex Slave #6)
       Theme: #3 - Seeking for you.
       Rating: PG-13 for this chapter.
       Disclaimer: Not mine.
       Author Notes: Thank you very much to Books (you, sexy thing) for the beta-ing.
 
 
 
30 NIGHTS
 
Third Night - Cup of Tea
 
       
------------------
       
When the direct approach didn't work, Milo's handbook of “Classical Seduction Tactic” (or “How To Get Into Someone's Bed”), advised to try and get near to the target's best friend.
 
       He wasn't totally sure of the depths of any relationship the Knight of Virgo could have with anybody inside or outside the Sanctuary, but if there was someone friendly, peaceful and kind who got along well with the solitary Buddhist, that was Mu. After all, they had a lot of things in common. They were the only ones with dots on their brows, for example. That surely had to be a bond of some kind.
 
       So, a plan began to take form in his head, and after all the duties for the day were over and the sun was starting to sink into the horizon, Milo descended to the Temple of Aries to have a little chat with the Armour Mender.
 
Crafter.
 
Artisan.
 
Whatever.
 
       ------------------
 
       “Hi,” Milo greeted him at the doors with his widest, most inoffensive and innocent smile. “Will you invite me in for a cup of tea?”
 
       Mu narrowed his eyes in suspicion and cautiously replied:
 
       “You don't even like tea.”
 
       That was true, Milo admitted to himself. However, instead of openly agreeing, he chose to take a turn-about. “Oh, come on, don't be like that. A man has the right to change his opinion, doesn't he?”
 
       After a moderately long silence, Milo still beaming, Mu looking at him mildly disinterested, with half-hooded eyes full of outright refusal at such a lame explanation, the Knight of Scorpio finally conceded. Turning his bright smile into some kind of slight grimace, he admitted:
 
       “Ok, ok. I need your help. May I come in and have that blasted cup of tea or not?”
 
       Rolling his eyes, Mu sighed and let the other Knight enter his temple.
 
       After some minutes of brewing the infusion and some small talk, Milo finally explained what the visit was all about. Earlier in the day, he had pondered how he would break the subject to the Knight of Aries, and after much thought, he had opted for the honest approach. First, because Scorpio may deceive and manipulate, but he disliked an outright lie. Second, because being in his predicament, with the gossip of Sanctuary, it was stupid to think that Mu wouldn't have heard a word about it.
 
       Unfortunately for the frivolous Knight, Mu disapproved of the bet and refused to help Milo even the slightest degree.
 
       “You, too?” Milo whined accusatorily at Aries' sound refusal. “After coming all the way down to visit you, the least thing you could do was lend me a hand in this...”
 
       Mu sighed.
 
       “I'm never sure if you're speaking seriously or not when you spout this kind of nonsense...”
 
       “Come on, Mu, you know you own me!”
 
       Aries would have raised a questioning eyebrow at that - if he had one, that is - but even without that resource, Milo caught perfectly well his scepticism.
 
       “...all right” Scorpio admitted, “not that I remember, but I'm totally sure I've helped you in some occasion. Pretty sure. Quite probably. Or maybe not, but I certainly had the will to do it...”
 
       “Milo, forget it. What you're doing is wrong and in no way will I take part in this.”
 
       “Come on, pal. Just give me some tea. Or tell me which kind is Shaka's favourite, will you?”
 
       That was what puzzled Mu the most. The fact that Milo was mainly interested in a couple of tea leaves. As though that was the key piece that would make Virgo fall at his feet. So, his curiosity piqued, he had to ask:
 
       “And, pray tell, what makes you think that Shaka likes tea?” Which indeed, he liked, as Mu knew. But he still couldn't fathom how that fit in Milo's schemes.
 
       “He's a mystic. All of you spiritual sissies seem to enjoy that sort of stuff.”
 
       That remark was followed by a lengthy silence and a dip-headed, long look from the Knight of Aries.
 
       “Spiritual sissies.” Mu repeated, just to be sure he had heard correctly. “Oooooooooookaaaaaaaay... now, you've really won me over.” Then, as if he had suddenly experimented an epiphany, he added: “I've got it, why don't you go and ask Aioria for help, hm?”
 
       “Ha, ha. You're so funny,” was Scorpio's sarcastic reply to Mu's poisoned counsel. Then, as if giving up he stood up and got ready to leave the Temple of Aries. “Ok, I'll go on without receiving the wisdom of your advice...”
 
       “I've OFFERED you the wisdom of my advice, but you won't listen!” Mu snapped as he, too, rose from his seat to see the Knight of Scorpio to the doors.
 
       “Hmmm...” Totally non-committal, Milo avoided responding to Mu's upbraiding and, reaching the gates of the Temple, leaned towards the other Knight and affectionately kissed his cheek before stepping out of the Shrine. Looking with dismay at the interminable set of stairs that separated him from his Temple, he turned for the last time towards the other Knight and complained: “The least you could do is teleport me to my Temple, don't you think?”
 
       As a reply, he got the loud `bang!' of the doors as Mu slammed them on his face.
 
       “I'll take that as a `no'.”
 
       Unfazed by the seeming failure of his visit, Milo grinned lop-sidedly as he started his climb upstairs, producing in the meanwhile a little sack from somewhere in his attire, and throwing it in the air to catch it again in its fall. Playing with the stolen sack of tea, Milo thought on his way back up, that Mu was decidedly a good man, but a little bit naïve.
 
       -----------------------
 
       Well, it was highly improbable that Shaka would welcome him in his kitchen (if the mystic really had one... taking in account his semi-divine state, would he eat at all?) to prepare the tea, so Milo decided to take the risk and take a tray down with the beverage already prepared. After all, it was only two flights of stairs that separated him from the Temple of Virgo... If he was careful, he would neither overbrew it nor spilled too much of the drink in his short way down. It was worth the risk. Anyway, the intention was that counted. The tea itself could go to Hell for all he cared for.
 
       As the other night, Shaka's Shrine was completely open, so Milo didn't need to juggle his way in with a tray. What was different, though, was the owner of the Temple himself. The close-eyed mystic was full armoured and sitting with his legs crossed at the end of the Hall, the dim light betraying his position and his calm demeanour. Milo wondered idly how could the other Knight bend to reach the lotus position with a Golden Armour on, but preferred to greet the other man with a more conventional overture.
 
       “Good evening, Sleeping Beauty. How come you're still up and ready to battle this late in the night?”
 
       Well, `conventional' was a relative term, anyway.
 
       “I knew you were coming.”
 
       “Now you're a clairvoyant? Buddha talks to you specifically to let you know when you're having a visit?”
 
       Milo would have gladly kicked himself just the moment the words left his mouth. He was such a dork sometimes... appearing aggressive and sarcastic wasn't the best of tactics to not antagonize someone. But there was something in the perpetual calm of Shaka that made him nervous. And nerves always turned him into an asshole. Camus used to say that the nerves had nothing to do with it, that he was an asshole, period, but of course, Milo strongly disagreed. Most of the time, at least.
 
       “I felt your cosmos approaching” Fortunately or not, Virgo seemed not to have taken offence. “Each cosmos has a unique taste and feel that gives away its owner.”
 
       Milo felt his lips curve into a sneer by their own will. That remark was soooo asking for a reply... Leaving the tray on the floor, he approached slowly and crouched gently by the static Knight, whispering suggestively in his ear, careful not to touch him:
 
       “If you want, you can... taste... and feel more than just my cosmos...”
 
       Shaka didn't snort, didn't even huff at the Knight of Scorpio's presumption, he just coolly answered:
 
       “As the man closest to God, I don't share your earthly, physical drives.”
 
       Grinning at the expected turn the conversation was getting, Milo get a bit back to watch that unmarred, perfect features as he lightly inquired:
 
       “You mean... you never feel bodily needs?”
 
       “No, I don't.”
 
       “Then... you don't pee?”
 
       Shaka couldn't help a little frown at that and Milo had to get a hold at his reserves of self-control to avoid bursting out laughing.
 
       “I didn't mean that kind of bodily needs.”
 
       To Hell with seduction. Annoying the mystic was a lot more fun.
 
       “Oh.” Scorpio smirked. “Anyway, I was referring just to the tea,” he gestured vaguely to the forgotten tray on the floor and faked a scandalized tone as the asked next “what were you thinking?”
 
       “Uh-huh. The tea.” Shaka was not stupid. He knew perfectly well what Milo was talking about when he had whispered about taste and feel. He let his voice express what he thought of Scorpio and his little verbal tricks. “Sure.”
 
       Ignoring the sceptical tone and interpreting the statement as the taking on the offer that he knew it wasn't, Milo went to the tray and handed the other Knight one of the cups he had brought.
 
       Shaka hesitated nearly imperceptibly and finally asked, without taking the cup from Milo's hands: “Why me? Why this sudden interest in my Temple?”
 
       Scorpio let down the cup and smirked lightly, shifting in his crouch to get more comfortable in the forced posture. “Maybe I'm trying to court you.”
 
       “What for?”
 
       The smirk grew wider.
 
       “I thought that was obvious.”
 
       “Then maybe I didn't phrase the question correctly...” It was evident that Shaka was not interested in the end of the game, but its origin. “...Why might you be trying to court me?”
 
       The lips still curved in that self-sufficient gesture, Milo got near the mystic again and gently whispered, “all in due time, my virgin, all in due time...”
 
       Then, he vacillated just for a moment, wanting to reach out to touch the other but wary of the cosmos that had sent him away the last time. Finally, he let his hand down and very softly, blew a bit of air to the little expanse of neck that was exposed under Shaka's ear, just before the Armour covered the white skin.
 
       Not enough provocation to make his cosmos burn and teleport the intruder outside, but slightly disturbing in its intimacy, the gesture made Shaka observe confused as Milo raised from the floor and calmly walked out of his Temple. Even with his eyes closed, he couldn't help but follow the self-confident figure with his senses.
 
       Even after the signal of the cosmos of Scorpio had lost intensity in the distance, it took Shaka a while to get concentrated enough to resume his meditation.
 
       -----------