Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ Chinese Zodiac Saga ❯ The Ox Temple ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
THE OX TEMPLE

The five bronze saints arrived at the next temple. It was pompous, like a royal room. In the middle, stood the next Jade Saint: the Ox. He was standing in the middle of the room, arms crossed, mask covering his face. He wore a cloth a little similar to that of Aldebaran, except for the elm over his head and a greatsword in his back. "I will handle this one" said Hyoga "You go ahead". "OK" answered them, and rushed towards the end. The Ox Saint stood there motionless. "I am Hyoga of Cygnus, and I will defeat you in the name of Athena". "I am Karan of Ox, and I will defeat you in the name of the Jade Emperor". "DIAMOND DUST" attacked Hyoga."IUSTICIA ERUPTIO (Justice Burst in Latin)" attacked Karan. While Hyoga laid a cone of cold, Karan rushed towards him breaking his attack and striking him in the stomach. He gasped.
His attack was really strong. The Bronze Saint prepared himself again. And so did Karan. "IUSTICIA ERUPTIO". His punch was like an ox running towards him. Hyoga quickly dodged and used Kholodnyi Smerch (Freezing Tornado). This time was Karan who took the hit. He stood up, and prepared himself. "VOX AB LEX (voice of the Law)" Karan attack, creating a huge wave of bright destructive light. All Hyoga could do was defend himself. "His attack are much too powerful" the Cygnus thought "I have to overpower him in some other way or I will be crushed". His cosmos started to burn even more, slowly freezing the room. "AURORA THUNDER ATTACK" "VOX AB LEX". The two forces clashed, but this time Hyoga overpowered him. The Ox's Cosmos started to get much stronger. Once again both of them unleashed their attacks and this time Karan threw Hyoga across the room. This duel was really close.
"Ok, then, Ox" said Cygnus, angrily. He prepared himself, and then unleashed a series of attacks. But they didn't aim Karan, they aimed the ground. Soon a wall of ice formed between them. Karan laughed. "You think that is going to stop me?IUSTICIA ERUPTIO". Karan easily broke the wall. But that was a trap. In the other said, Hyoga was prepared to that. "AURORA EXECUTION". Karan was completely frozen. Hyoga smiled, and walked towards the end of the temple.
Then Hyoga heard cracking sounds behind him. He looked to the Ox Saint, and realized that his attack wasn't good enough. "Good attack, Hyoga." said him, drawing the greatsword in his back.” Now it's my turn. ORDO GLADIUS (Order Sword)". He raged towards him with his sword ready. Hyoga tried to dodge, but the cut was much greater than the sword itself, and made a huge cut in his chest. The Ox continued his attacks and even dodging as much as he could, the Bronze saint still was cutted many times.
Hyoga fought back, using once more the Aurora Thunder Attack, aiming now his arms. It worked, and the Ox's attacks were slowed down. That was enough to enable Hyoga to dodge his unstopping attack of Ordo Gladius. But then he stopped. "Nice move. You were able to stop my attack" said him, raising his sword. "SANCTUS DOMINATUS (Sacred Domination)". A light filled the room. He felt nothing different. "ORDO GLADIUS" he attacked once more. Prepared to use the Aurora Thunder Attack, but some force stopped him. It was very hard to use his Cosmos. Ox's sword cutted Hyoga deeply, and he felt bleeding a lot.
As much as he tried to focus, shackles held his cosmos. He was now an easy target, and soon was struck by Karan's sword many more times. Soon, he laid in the ground, bleeding and almost dead. And still he got up. Karan couldn't believe that all that beating wasn't enough to kill Athena's Saint. Hyoga barely got up, but his cosmos reached an incredible strength. Quickly he broke Sanctus Dominatus, and went even further. Karan prepared himself once more, but now he was going to use his most destructive technique. "PIUS ARMAGEDDON". He made a single but immensely powerful strike. A clashing sound was heard, along with a flash. When the flash passed, Karan saw amazed Hyoga holding his sword between his palms, just inches away from his face. He felt a deep cold, right to his bones. Hyoga's face was motionless. He stood like he was only lead and held by sheer determination. Karan tried to remove his sword from his hands, but his grip was incredibly strong. Around the Bronze Saint's hands, ice was forming. He stood there, motionless, while he froze the entire sword. His entire body stood firmly, denying every attempt of the Jade Saint to escape. His sword was now completely frozen, including his hands.
Hyoga now held his head up. His eyes glowed with determination, and he ran towards Karan. Even with his hands and sword frozen, the Ox still attacked. Hyoga knew that he was faster, and Karan was stronger. The Jade Saint attacked repeatedly with his frozen sword, and each attack was dodged by the Bronze one. Hyoga was just waiting for the right moment to strike. An error by his enemy and that would be it.
The moment came, and Cygnus leaped towards the Ox. But instead of attacking, he slided just in the last moment, dodging another strike, and hold both his ankles, concentrating all his power in those two spots. In return, his back was being destroyed by the repeated strikes of the huge frozen sword, breaking the ice off. Karan's ankles were freezing, then his feet and soon he was froze up to his knee. Hyoga jumped back just, avoiding the last attack. He was in immense pain, but had to go on. He knew that the ice wouldn't hold a Saint as powerful as him for too long, but he just wanted to buy enough time to unleash an attack that would grant him victory. The Ox was burning his cosmos, preparing to escape the ice prison set on his legs. "PIUS ARMAGEDDON" attacked the Jade Saint. The pure might of the attack crushed the ice and he rushed towards Hyoga. He prepared to one last attack. It was all or nothing. "ABSOLUTE ZERO". Karan saw not only a Cygnus formed by his cosmos, but also Aquarius.
Even the powerful Pius Armageddon wasn't enough to defeat the Absolute Zero, and Karan stood there, frozen. His blade again inches away from the victory. Hyoga passed him, and gave him one last hit, breaking the layer of ice that covered his entire body. He stood on the ground, still partially frozen and barely awake, as he saw his foe pass through the end of his temple towards the next.