Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ Chinese Zodiac Saga ❯ The Tiger Temple ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
THE TIGER TEMPLE

The four remaining saints continued their way ,leaving Hyoga and The Ox Saint back. They arrived at the next temple, the temple of the Tiger. As they entered, they felt no aggressive cosmos, but instead a very peaceful one. The temple was built much like a Buddhist one, and in the middle, an altar and a person in Lotus position. They entered the room, and the Jade Tiger arose, without his cloth, which was in the altar, forming a beautiful figure of a Tiger. “Hello” said him in a very calm voice “welcome Athena’s saints. I’m Lee, the Jade Saint of Tiger”. He smiled and bowed. The four saints looked at him, and Seiya said “This one is mine, you go ahead”. The other three nodded and went on. “I am Seiya of Pegasus”. Lee once again smiled, and said softly “Ok then, let’s duel. But I should warn you that I’m obliged to hunt and defeat your friends in case you don’t defeat me.” He slowly walked towards the Bronze saint, and his armor flew towards him. He now wore the Tiger Jade Cloth.
“PEGASUS RYU SEI KEN” attacked Seiya. Lee just stood there motionless, but each of the meteors created by Pegasus’ attacks were parried or blocked by the tiger. It was as if there was one tiger for every meteor. “You have to do better than that. You just met the Tiger Defense, and it is still undefeated.” “I Will. PEGASUS RYU SEI KEN” The meteors now reached an uncanny speed, but still the tiger stood there, not one hit taken. Pegasus continued with his attack, burning his cosmos as much as he could, but Lee was right, his defense was undefeatable.
“There is much more than just that, Pegasus. There is no perfect defense or perfect attack, but you will never defeat me like this. I will start to strike back now”. His stance changed, and he showed the Tiger claws. “PEGASUS SUISEI KEN (Pegasus Comet Fist)”. The Tiger once again repelled his attacks. “KOENKEN (Tiger Swallow Fist)”. Seiya went flying across the room, and collided against a wall. His chest was destroyed, with a tiger claw mark. He stood up, and attacked once more, and again the Tiger struck him. Another tiger claw was marked, now in his right shoulder.
Seiya felt defeated. He couldn’t break the Tiger’s defense. He needed a much more powerful attack. He attacked once more, observing every move of Lee. He just had to have a flaw in his stance. Seiya attacked with Pegasus Ryu Sei Sen, and prepared to find a way. But there was none. Lee defended all the attacks and used Koenken in Seiya’s stomach. He vomited some blood, and felt on his knees.
But then a familiar cosmos was felt by the Pegasus. He knew who it was, and he knew that it was just the help he needed. He, now guided by Aiolos, prepared to strike again. He didn’t know what attack he was going to use, but he knew that he wasn’t prepared, but with Sagittarius’ help, he was going to use it. Lee also felt it. “Ok, now a real challenge. Ok, Pegasus, I’m prepared”. He drew the Tiger Tonfas, and entered a new stance. Seiya did likewise.
A clash of cosmos was felt, and all of their powers were released. Guided by the spirit of the gold Saint, Seiya attacked. “INFINITY BREAK”. A seemly infinite number of golden arrows spiraled towards the tiger. Lee used all his might back. “Junsei benkai Kamae (Perfect Defense Stance)”. The Temple exploded internally.
Both of them stood there, facing each other. Lee released his Tonfas. “You won” he said, holding his arms down. He bled profusely, showing beneath his intact Cloth his destroyed arms. But the Tiger seemed peaceful, as always, like he expected that. Seiya also held his arms down, showing his bleeding broken hands. “I think it was a draw”. The power of the attack he didn’t master and the might of the defense he didn’t defeat crushed his fists. “It’s good enough. Go ahead” said Lee. “Why are you helping me?” “I have a much greater understanding of the balance of the world than the others. I sense that something is happening. And if such honored warriors are battling for the Oath Stone, I know you have your reasons. But still I sworn the Oath, and should let pass only the ones that deserve. And you do”. Seiya smiled at him, thanked and bowed, and then ran to the next temple. Lee returned to the center of the Temple, shed his Cloth and started to meditate again, as if nothing happened.