Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ Daughters of Gaea ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

If you think I own Saint Seiya…. Pay me $5 for your stupidity.
 
Daughters of Gaea
By
Shadowdragon85
 
Prologue
 
When the world was young, Gaea and her daughter walked the lands. During that time their descendents, the shape-shifters, elementals, and the mythics, were most abundant. Harmony was common place and everyone live in peace. But the coming of the Greek Gods placed them in danger. Many were killed or died because they refused to bow down to the Greek Gods. The mythics were often captured and some were altered from their true form as they were forced to serve the gods. Those who were still free went into hiding and/or became humans to escape the horrors that befell their brethren. It is said that a few of those who became human served Athena in the War of the Gods as her saints.
In a last ditch effort to bring peace to a war ravaged land Gaea and Mother Nature created two creatures of purity that nothing could destroy. The twin winged stallions, Pegasus and Illusions were born of the gorgon, Medusa's blood. Pegasus was the being of light and harmony and had a pure white coat where as his brother Illusions was the being of darkness and chaos and had an eternal jet-black coat. Sadly not even these two noble creatures were safe from the manipulative hearts and minds of the warring gods. In the end they both became humans and served as saints to Athena.
Gaea and Mother Nature, hoping that one day their children would be able to regain the knowledge of who they truly were, gathered the remaining descendents. Showing them a single flower that had long since died off from earth, they promised that the one who was able to grow it would be the key in freeing their brethren from the clutches of the Greek Gods and returning their memories to those who had been lost. Gaea and Mother Nature then met with Athena, the only Greek God/Goddess they trusted, and explained what had happened to her and showed her the chosen flower…. the MoonRose. Athena agreed to watch for the chosen one and inform them when he or she awakens.
To this day the remaining decedents, known as the Daughters of Gaea, still await the coming of the MoonRose and the one who wields it. These days they can be found any where and everywhere. They hold allegiances to just about anyone… but first and foremost is their `sisterhood.' And pity be the god that tries to stop them.