Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ Daughters of Gaea ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

If you think I own Saint Seiya…. Pay me $5 for your stupidity.
 
Daughters of Gaea
By
Shadowdragon85
 
Chapter 1
 
The sun rising over Sanctuary reveals a young man standing on a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. The wind playes with his short, messy, brown hair as he watches the waves crash against the cliff. Behind him a man with waist length black hair can be seen watching him. The second man shakes his head in resignation and walked over to the first man. “Seiya!” he calls out, his voice breaking the morning silence. The young man, Seiya, turns to see who called him. The second man joins Seiya at the cliff top. “Out early again Seiya? This is becoming an amusing habit.” He says, smiling.
“Good morning Shion.” Seiya smiles back as he bows in respect to his companion before returning to the view. “Just enjoying the view and reveling in the morning peace and quiet.” He replies as he takes a seat.
“Ah”
Seiya takes a flower out of his pocket and watches as it glows in the morning light. `Where are you Shinna? Are you safe? Do you even know I care about you?' he thinks smiling sadly. “So Shion, what brings you out here this early in the day? Usually you're stuck dealing with Sanctuary matters until later in the day.”
“Actually I wanted to talk to you Seiya. I've noticed that you have been going off by yourself a lot lately. Actually ever since Shinna left without a word.” Shion began as Seiya started to play with the flower, his gaze returning to the horizon. “Is something wrong? Or is there something you'd like to talk about?” Looking over at Seiya, Shion saw that he wasn't paying attention. Instead Seiya was looking out over the water while twirling a flower in his hand.
“Shion… how do you tell if some one loves you? Not like a family member… but as in heart and soul.”
Shion did a double take. “What brought this up?”
Seiya held up the flower he was holding. “I found this on my pillow the day Shinna left along with a note from her saying not to worry and to keep my chin up.” Shion took the flower from Seiya to get a better look at it. “I showed it to Aphrodite but he said he'd never seen anything like it before.”
“That's because it isn't a flower that normally grows on earth.” Both Seiya and Shion turned to see Athena/Saori standing behind them. “The flower you hold, Shion, is a golden Lilyrose1, one of the rarest flowers in existence.” She walked over and knelt beside them. “If memory serves, this flower can only be grown by a high ranking `Daughter,' though they are almost impossible to locate or even recognize. Consider yourselves lucky gentlemen, as I've only seen the common white version before and the other gods haven't even seen that.” Athena/Saori sensed the aura around the rose. `What are you trying to prove Shinna by giving Seiya another “daughter's” spirit flower?' “My guess is that this is Shinna's personal Spirit Flower.'
`These two are no help at all.' Seiya thought as he plucked his flower out of Shion's hand and turned back to the view, effectively ignoring his goddess and her high priest. `I'll go to Aphrodite's temple later today. Maybe she can help me… at least she might know more than these two.'
“Saori-san are you positive?” Shion asked. Saori, seeing that Seiya wasn't paying attention, stood up and motioned for Shion to follow her. “If this is true, Shinna might not be the only `daughter' here. And if that's so, we will have to locate them.”
Saori just smiled at him and shook her head. “You know as well as I do that there is no other explaination Shion. And yes there is at least one other `daughter' here in Sanctuary.”
“Who is she, do you know?” Shion asked curiously.
“Marin is the other `daughter'. I believe her spirit flower is the WaterLily.” Stopping, Saori placed a hand on his arm. “Shion I don't want you to do anything about this.”
“But…”
“Great-grandmother and I have an understanding. The `Daugthers' have always had at least one or two members who end up as Saints. The first female Saint was a `daugther' as well. I believe she was an elemental, fire I think.”
“Oh…” They continued walking away from the cliff edge. Ten minutes pass as Seiya continues to watch the sun rise and twirl the flower. A breeze bringing the smell of exotic flowers flowes around Seiya as the goddess Aphrodite appeared behind him. She stands there and watches Seiya for a few minutes before nodding her head and walking forward to stand next to him. Sitting down she acknowledges his silent request for a few minutes of silence and says nothing as the two of them enjoy the view over the Mediteranean.
“Are you going to explain why you took so long to call for my help?” Seiya started and almost fell off the cliff. Aphrodite, trying not to laugh, grabbed onto his arm and pulled him back. “Really now, I thought my sister's Saints had outstanding reflexes and great balance. I guess I wa wrong.”
“Funny, Very Funny.” Seiya replied sarcastically.
“Athena's wrong you know.” Aphrodite told him seriously. Playtime was over. “That isn't Shinna's spirit flower.”
“I know” Aphrodite looked at him with surprise. “ I can't sense her in it.”
“Really…”
Seiya looked sideways at the goddess only to see the skeptical look she was giving him. “I read up on the Daughters of Gaea in a book she left with the flower and the note. It explained their history and other information about the `daughters' including the connection between a daughter and her spirit flower. Supposable a spirit flower can be used to locate a specific `daughter' by the energy each flower gives off. The rarer the flower is the fewer `daughters' can summon it. The Lilyrose Shinna left for me can only be grown by it's match and anyone of a higher rank, though there are very few `daughters' powerful enough to best it.”
“Oh… well that proves it… and Ares owes me ten Volcanoe Crystals2.”
Seiya looked at her and shook his head. “Gods are weird. So what was the bet this time?”
“That even a god can learn something new from mortals.” Both of them began laughing. After a few minutes they calmed down enough to be understandable. “So are you going to tell her? She deserves to know how you feel.”