Saiyuki Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ This Sucks ❯ White pills and confusion ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Saiyuki. They are beyond my ownership.
 
A/N: Thank you for reading my newest story and for those of you that have already added me to your favorites and such thank you. I'm surprised that this (as well as my other newer story) has caught as much attention as it has. It's a nice surprise to know that you enjoy reading this as much as I like writing it.
I do have some sad news for fans of my other fictions, particularly When The Darkness Takes Over. There is no current plans on updating them. I have talked to my long time friend and current beta and she has agreed with me that it is most definitely swimming in plot holes, clichés and is a general mess. (I really do love her for this because it's hard to get others to see what I'm trying to point out.) We are currently going over outlines and rough drafts for the redone version of this but I do not guarantee that it will be anytime soon. The first couple chapters will probably keep with a couple of changes but for the most part please expect some differences and hopefully a cleaner story.
Other then that thank you for your patience and on with the story!
 
This sucks
ForestSprite
Chapter 4
 
“There's something really weird…”
 
“…knew you were demons…”
 
“Strange...”
 
“Unafraid…”
 
“…asked about…”
 
“….clothes…”
 
“….confusing…”
 
Her head hurt… badly and the soft murmurings heard incompletely weren't helping any as she strained to hear what was being said. She tried to sit up a little making her head spin even more, forcing her to gasp for breath, quickly silencing the voices.
 
“Did someone get the number on the semi `cause I would like to report a hit and run!” Kagome said slightly dazed as she managed to get into a rather comfortable position only to find herself being stared at by four pairs of eyes. She cocked her head to the side as she regarded them starting to go slightly cross-eyed before she shook her head quickly. “Okay, what dumb thing did I do now?” she asked annoyed.
 
“You say some of the strangest things,” Goku supplied as the other three adults continued to look at her curiously… or was it suspiciously? Either way she couldn't find it in her to really care. She hurt!
 
She almost jumped when she was brought out of her thoughts by a hand tapping her shoulder. Giving a small `eep!' she looked at Hakkai to see him holding two friendly looking white pills and a glass of water. Giving him a winning smile she took the offerings and downed the pills taking a swig of water to help it down.
 
`Oh beautiful, friendly, white pills how I love your existence,' she sang in her head knowing that her pain would begin to lessen, hopefully, within awhile. “Thank you very much Hakkai,” she said turning her attention to the emerald-eye demon. “You've done so much for me so far and I have yet to do anything in return.”
 
He smiled his gentle smile at her as he assured her it was no big deal and she was probably one of the easiest strays they have ever picked up to handle.
 
She wasn't quite sure if she appreciated being referred to as a stray but she was still thankful all the same and decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth… or however that went. She smiled at him again before she turned her attention to the other males of the room before she turned thoughtful. Her eyebrows knitted together as she became deep in thought and her eyes crossed slightly again as she pursed her lips.
 
“Kagome, are you okay?” Goku questioned once again bringing her back to the world of the slightly normal. She turned a slight pink as she nodded her head giving a sheepish grin.
 
“I just realized something,” she murmured as she quite dramatically pointed her finger at the red haired demon and droopy-eyed monk. “I have no idea as to what your two names are!”
 
Hakkai laughed as he gave her Sanzo and Gojyo's names.
 
“Is that what brought the idiotic look to your face?” the blond monk asked looking at her in a bored manner.
 
She tilted her head to the side, doing a good impression of a curious kitten without even trying. “You're so much like him it's scary,” she said surprising him when she didn't blow up. She gave an annoyed huff that made her bangs fly out of her face slightly. “What is it with me and arrogant men? I just seem to find them everywhere I go.”
 
“Don't put me in the same category as that demented priest!” the red head said somewhat annoyed.
 
She regarded him with her stunning eyes as she smiled at him mischievously. “Don't worry. I'm not. You're among the perverts I've met.” Her eyes twinkled in merriment as he deflated at her words. “They also seem to number big among the people I've met. I don't seem to have a very good track record so far.” She gave a pitiful sigh before she looked at Hakkai with a huge smile clapping her hands together excitedly. “I think you're among the best things to have ever happened to me though Hakkai. You and Goku! I can't wait to tell the others about you when I see them again. You're like Jinegi and Shippo! Your kind is so hard to find!”
 
“Hey, hey! Who are Jinegi and Shippo?” Goku asked curiously watching as she gave a sad, fond smile of remembrance.
 
“They are my… family you could say. I've been separated from them and have no clue how to get back from here.” She sighed before cocking her head to the side to look at Goku thoughtfully. “Your energy is very different from the other two. Why is that?”
 
The younger looking demon rubbed the back of his head sheepishly while he tried to think of what to tell her. He didn't want to scare her. “He's the monkey king with incredible strength, the Great Sage.” Hakkai informed her for Goku while he backed away worried.
 
Kagome turned to look at Hakkai. “Really?”
 
“Why don't you ask Goku to confirm?” Hakkai said even as he nodded.
 
She turned excitedly to Goku. “Really? That's true? Oh my, that is awesome. So you must be pretty powerful without that limiter on huh? How, scary,” she said grinning like a fool.
 
“You don't appear to be very scared,” Gojyo said looking sideways at her.
 
“Hmm… that's probably because I'm not,” she replied with a laugh. “My best friend is a half-demon and sometimes he loses control of his demon side. That's scary.” She somehow seemed very distant and unreachable at that moment as she gave a sad smile.
 
“So you're scared of him?”
“No, never!” she said shaking her head emphatically as she snapped back into herself. “I'm scared for him. It gets harder and harder each time for him to turn back into himself and after the last time… he still has yet to forgive himself even though I did so long before he came too. In this special family of mine he was the first one to become a part of it. He's the last person I'd want to lose.”
 
“You're nice,” Goku said suddenly surprising a laugh from her.
 
“I doubt our enemy thinks the same,” she responded with a small smile, “but I appreciate the kind words all the same. I think you're nice too.”
 
“You said your enemy, who is that?” Hakkai asked curiously wanting to test the waters even just a little to find out her reactions.
 
It was easy to see from her posture that she was ready to panic when she pulled herself together just as fast although her eyes continued to give her away. “Did I? It must have slipped. My friends and I are only travelers searching for a particular… treasure. We have an opponent who searches for the same treasure so I guess you could call him our enemy, but that is all there is to it. No harm, no foul.”
 
“Of course,” he agreed with a small polite small to which she returned although it was now evident to him that she had very deep, dark secrets that she wasn't going to give up without a fight and she knew just how sly he could be. This could affect the playing field later, Hakkai thought absentmindedly.
 
“How do you plan on finding these friends of yours?” Sanzo asked leaning against the wall looking at their guest uninterested.
 
“Good question,” she said with a small smile. “I guess as soon as I recover my strength I'll have to work temporarily so I can afford supplies and then go out looking for them. It's pretty much all I can do right now,” she shrugged although there was something extremely sad about her.
 
Hakkai looked at her, trying to measure her but he just couldn't seem to get a firm fix of her character. She seemed nice and kind, but quick to anger and moody. She smiled but her eyes told the lies. Her body looked small and fragile but was actually well muscled and strong, he would know, he'd bandaged her body.
 
As though sensing Hakkai's train of thought she smiled amiably. “Don't put much thought into my presence. I'm a mystery to the world and if no one ever understands I won't be terribly upset. I'm almost expecting no one to ever understand.”
 
He regarded her carefully before he spoke. “That sounds oddly depressing.”
 
Once again she gave that curiously odd small smile of hers. “You think so? I think that it works out because if there were no mysteries in the world there would be nothing exciting. I'd like to think that I'm adding to the excitement of the world,” she informed him with a small laugh.
 
“When put that way it doesn't seem quite so depressing anymore,” Hakkai remarked in turn finding himself enjoying her quick wit and intelligent mind.
 
“Hey Kagome,” Goku yelled out excitedly staring at her eagerly grabbing on to her hand tightly.
 
“Er… yes Goku?” she asked curiously wondering why he had that weird look in his eyes.
 
“You said you could make food for us right?”
 
She could swear she saw hearts in his eyes. “I take it your hungry, ne?” At the excited nod of his head she grinned pleased and swung her legs over the edge of the bed, pushing herself into a standing position, Hakkai watching her so she wouldn't fall. She had been out for awhile after all. “Hakkai, when you guys found me did you see a large yellow back nearby?”
 
“You mean this monstrosity?” Gojyo asked stepping a little to the side to reveal the bag he'd been hiding from her view. “It was found on the other side of the clearing from you.”
 
She couldn't keep the joy out of her eyes. “Thank goodness, I thought I'd lost it after the fall from that cliff.”
 
The four stared at her for a moment trying to keep the shock and disbelief from their faces. She fell from that cliff above that are they'd found her?
 
Hakkai gazed at her speculatively. `That would account for a number of bruises but what about the deep cuts? They were too clean to be from a fall.' “You made a comment about the demons here? I take it you had a run in with them?”
She mock glared at the wall although she had a hard time keeping the small smile from her lips. “Wouldn't you believe it? I got chased by them buggers. How totally unsurprising.” She cocked her head to the side so she could look at him clearly. “I swear it happens at least once a day.” With that she headed to where Gojyo stood and picking her bag up with ease went back to the bag, taking things out and setting them to the side.
 
The group found themselves amazed with all the things she kept in that bag. `How did that all fit in there?'
 
After awhile of sorting she seemed to have found what she was looking for and turned to Hakkai. “Where's the kitchen?”
 
Goku, tired of waiting, grabbed her hand eagerly and led her to the kitchen, chattering away as she stumbled behind him trying to keep up with him casting a pleading look back to the remaining three before they disappeared past the doorway.
 
“Well that was unusual,” Gojyo said pushing himself off the wall as he moved to follow them. “I'm going to see if they need help.” He too disappeared from the room leaving Hakkai and Sanzo to themselves.
 
“What do you think of our stray?” Hakkai asked with a small smile although Sanzo being Sanzo could pick up the real question behind it.
 
“She could possibly be dangerous,” he replied glancing towards all the items that littered the bed, all camping items carefully stored in plastic bags to save them from water damage or other weather disasters. “She's also far from normal.”
 
“What's normal?” Hakkai asked with a laugh as he followed the others lead heading towards the kitchen asking if the others needed a hand.
 
“Indeed, what is normal?” Sanzo wondered as he pulled out a cigarette and matches and with a quick flick it was lit.
 
He stayed there for a moment shaken out of his thoughts when there was a mini explosion through the house followed by a loud smack. “You pervert!” the new female addition to the group was heard to holler. “This sucks!”
 
End chapter
 
 
Sorry for such a long delay. I won't bore you with excuses but just hope that you enjoy the new chapter and please leave me a review with any ideas that you might possibly have to help make this story move a bit faster.
Thank you for reading and hope that the wait was worth it.
 
SKnFS