Samurai Champloo Fan Fiction ❯ Seeing You Again ❯ Reunion ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
As people turned around to look at her, Fuu realized she had said the words out loud and that two gray animalistic eyes were looking up at her.
Mugen stared at Fuu both in relief and confusion. Relief because(as much as he hated to admit it) he had been worried about the little brat and often wondered whether she had gotten herself kidnapped or something again, confusion because the man she stood next to was not one that he would have ever thought she would hang around with. I mean really, he thought to himself, he was rich! You could tell that just by looking at the silk kimono he wore! Not to mention he was a total pretty boy, he thought again in disgust. Mugen gave her a once over, well he thought to himself,she looks healthy enough.
"So brat how you been?" He asked
Fuu looked at Mugen and couldn't help but let out a sob at the sight of him in chains.
"Oh, Mugen." Fuu stepped out of the crowd and gave him a huge bear hug. The crowd, the young lord included all stared at her.
"Young lady!" the prison keeper said" unless you plan to pay the bail for this man you best get out the way!"
Fuu looked up at the man her eyes feirce.
"How much is it?" The man looked startled for a little but answered her.
"50 ryo." Fuu bit her lip, that was a lot of money. It's not that she didn't have its just that it was almost her entire savings. She looked up at Mugen and saw the condition he was in scratched,bruised, and cut up. She felt her heart swell.
"I'll bring the money." she said firmly. Mugen looked down at the girl, than spat almost hitting her.
"I don't need your charity."
Fuu looked up at him again fire in her eyes.
"Charity? Who said anything about charity?Your gonna pay me every cent back with your sweat! You understand me?"
Mugen looked down at Fuu trying not to smile, stupid little bitch.
"I'll be right back don't go anywhere!" she said sternly. Mugen's face broke out into a full grin. The sight of that little brat ordering around a man 3 times her size was hilarious. Fuu started running in the opposite direction and Mugen just stood there knowing full well that by this time tommorrow he'd be laying back and relaxing eating some Fuu's home cooking. Stupid little bitch,bugging me again...