SD Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ The Switch ❯ Act 1: Artistic Rose Part One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Switch

Act 1: Artistic Rose Part 1

Zero woke up, tired and miserable. He didn't get enough sleep last night since Bakunetsumaru claimed that he took his sword polish and puff. Zero never has polished his sword, and doesn't need to, so WHY would he steal such obsolete things? He slowly sat up with a yawn. As he looked around the room, he remembered that they were not in Shute's home anymore, but in the castle of Lacroa. It felt strange to be sleeping in his room again, strange to be back here once more. But, everyone except for them were of stone now, including the Princess. If only he thought of dragging the information of where she was from Tallgeese before they collapsed the magic box that they were in…

He shook his head. Funny, he thought his head felt a bit heavier than usual. He shrugged. Must be because he was tired. He stood up, teetering a bit. He felt totally off balance, geeze, what in Mana's name was with him? He opened the door and looked down the once beautiful white hall. Now, there were cracks and debris everywhere and it was filthy. He shook his head at the sight. " Such is this to come…" He paused. His voice sounded deeper than it usually does. Maybe he needs his voice processor checked.

" Good morning, Bakunetsumaru." Shute marched pass the Gundam. Zero blinked. He must have not had a lot of sleep either. But how can anyone confuse him for that louse? He shook his head again, and decided to wake up the Blazing Samurai. He walked down the hall to one of the guest rooms that he gave to Bakunetsumaru to sleep in. He opened the door, and saw nothing on the bed. " Is he up already? Hm." He shut the door and decided to hunt him down, since he needed some sort of activity to wake him up.

After about a half hour, Zero searched the hall where his room was located, and the hall where the guests usually slept. He might have been outside, but he doubted that. " Well, if he's in the royal hall, I will cut him into tiny pieces…" He had already told everyone not to go down there without his permission first. But, Bakunetsumaru never liked to listen to him in the least. Walking down there, he saw that it was more of a mess than the rest of the castle.

" If the king saw this, he'd have an Mmm," Zero said. (N/A: I dunno how you spell those rainbow colored Jelly fishs' name. ^^; So I'm guessing.) He knew that the Princess would just shrug and try to clean it up. She was nice like that; she didn't have any fits whenever anything is out of place. Unlike the king.

Zero than noticed that the large oak doors to the Princess's room were slightly open. They were, like everything else, ruined. But you could somewhat see the Symbol of Lacroa on them. Zero peeked in. It was very dark. He went inside the room, and cautiously looked about for the curtains. Ah, there they are! He opened them up, then looked at the room. He sighed heavily. It was a mess here, too. All of the Princess's belongings were scattered, broken, and torn. He then spotted something that seemed to be intact near the large closet. He picked it up, then smiled mentally to himself. It's the picture he drew of the princess years ago, when he was just a knight's apprentice. He wasn't very good at art, but he did a fairly nice job of painting the young royal girl sitting in her garden.

###################


That was a nice day…well, sort of. He was hiding from the eldest knight, since he found out that Zero broke his sword while trying to practice in the village, even thought he was told to NEVER use those swords without permission. He had a friend who was the royal painter then, and he would always let him hide in his room, or hang out with him while he worked. That day, he found the painter in the garden.

" Broke another sword, I heard," the artist said while he mixed a couple of colors together. Zero lowered his head. " I'm never going to be a good knight…am I, Doth?" Doth looked at the young Gundam with a smile. " Of course you will! You'll be one of the best." This didn't seem to convince Zero. " You know, I wasn't always a good artist myself." Zero looked up at him, then chuckled.

" Thou gests!" he giggled. Doth shook his head. " It's true. When I was little, I was under the guidance of one of the best artists in Lacroa. But, I always got frustrated with my work, and the criticism from my master, that I thought I'd never be a good artist." Zero blinked in interest. " Did you feel the need to quit all together?" he asked.

" Yup. But for some reason, I didn't. I just tried harder, wanting to prove that I can do that, THEN I thought I should quit after that….But, I didn't. And here I am!" Zero smiled. " Thanks, Doth. You're a true friend." Doth smiled.

" But…What am I going to do about the sword?" Doth laughed. " I don't know, Little Zero. You could always ask the Blacksmith to make a replacement." Zero shook his head. " Nu-uh! He hates me!" Doth pat the Gundam on the head reassuringly. " I'm sorry, Zero. But hopefully you're learning your lesson."

" Um…not to try to show off to village girls with old swords?" Doth laughed. " No, Zero. Not to take what isn't yours!" He kept chuckling. Zero leaned over the man to look at his painting. " Oh, pretty…" It was of the Young Princess, who was in the nearby clearing of roses. Zero looked yonder to see her feeding some birds.

" Yes, she is pretty isn't she?" Zero blinked, and looked back at the artist, who had a smirk. " N-no! I mean-well, she is pretty…er…uh…" Zero blushed furiously. Doth laugh again. " You're a good kid, Zero."

" Um, Doth?"

" Yes?"

" Can you teach me how to paint, too?" Doth smiled. " Sure thing, Little Knight." He handed Zero the paints, and got out of his chair so Zero would sit there. Now. I'll just help you get started a bit, but first, what do you want to paint?"

" The Princess! I want to give her this painting for her Birthday!" Zero chirped. Doth looked at the royal child, then sketched a basic outline of the scene in pencil for Zero to follow. " Aright, ready?"

###################

" Ah, Doth. You were like an elder brother to me…" Zero felt a bit sad, since Doth died a few months before the Dark Axis attacked from lung cancer. He always smoked out of that old pipe, unless he was working. Zero then heard a groan from in the room. He swiveled around and saw something moving under the covers of the bed. He slowly approached the bed, then threw back the covers.

" What the…?!" Zero gasped.

Bakunetsumaru lazily opened his eyes, then looked at Zero. " Oh, hi me…" he sleepily said. His eyes then widened. " ME?!" Zero and Bakunetsumaru looked at each other in the other's body, then screamed.

" Hey, guys, what's the matter?" Shute's head popped into the room. Bakunetsumaru and Zero pointed to the other. " He's in my body, Shute!!"

" Shute? Who, me? You two need your optic sensors checked…" Bakunetsumaru and Zero looked at eachother, then at captain. " Um, I think you should look in a mirror…" Baku said, while pointing to a cracked mirror nearby. Shrugging, he went to the mirror, then screamed. " WHAT THE-I LOOK LIKE SHUTE!!!"

" What's going on here…Can't a kid get any sleep around here?" Shute in Captain's body scooted in the room, then yelped. " Hey! What am I doing over there?!"

" Oh boy…" Zero muttered in Bakunetsumaru's voice.

*****

" Muahahahaha….BWAHA-AHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!"

" Um, sir?"

" AHAHA-Er, what!?"

" They are all in different bodies."

" Excellent! Now, we can destroy them without them pulling any funny tricks this time!"

" Yes, sir. Shall we proceed with phase two?"

" Er, yes, yes. Just get!"

-.-; " Yes, sir…"

" Muahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…"

*****

" Well, um, this is…er…" Zero-or should I say, Bakunetsumaru in zero's body stuttered. " How are we going to get back to our old selves?"

" Well, I don't know," Zero shrugged. " Bakunetsumaru, how can you live in this armor? It's so heavy!"

" Yeah, I feel too light. Like if I take a step, I'm going to float into space!"

" Well, I feel just WEIRD!" Shute exclaimed while shuffling his feet nervously as he sat in a chair in the ballroom. " Yes, I agree with Shute," Captain said, sitting cross-legged on the floor.

" Well, I suppose we should try to get used to our…temporary situation. Just in case of an attack," Zero suggested. Baku shut his eyes tightly. " Get used to this!? I'm a Friggin' PANZY!!"

" What was that, scoundrel?!"

" Your body is that of a PANSY!"

" Shut up!"

" No!" Bakunetsumaru then got an idea. He prissily threw his cape back, and posed like he was modeling. " Look at me, I'm Zero the PANSY Knight! I stand for love and justice!" He then did a Sailor moon hand motion. " And in the name of Lacroa, I shall punish you!" He then giggled.

Zero was shaking with rage. " Grrrr…!" Then HE got an idea. He then drew out his-er---Bakunetsumaru's swords and started to swing them around idiotically while yelling. " I am---BAKUNETSUMARU! I dance around like I'm a drunken peasant, and I am AN IDIOT!" He then hit himself over the head with one of the swords, and pretended to pass out.

Captain slapped his head. " Those two…" he sighed.

" They act like they're married or something…" Shute said.

" WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" The two mocking Gundams yelled at Shute, making him fall over in his chair. " Er….nothing!"

Captain sighed again. " Well, I'm just trying to figure out how in the world Shute and I switched bodies, since we're of two different species…."

Bakunetsumaru shrugged. " My trot, thou have no idea." He then covered his mouth. " AH! I'm talking like ZERO!"

" Must be the affect of being in another person's body," Zero said.

" Dude, it's EFFECT not affect," Captain said.

" …Whatever." Zero crossed his arms.

" Captain, you've never said dude before in your life!" Shute said.

" …I guess it is an effect…"

" Well, I think we should try to get used to this insanity…even thought it may be the end of us all…" Zero said. " Alright. So, how do you summon that sword of yours?"

" Well, that's a bit complicated…"

" Ah, for the love of Mana!" Baku covered his mouth again. Zero smirked.

" Man, this is going to take forever…" Captain flopped on his back. Shute just looked at him.

**

" Alright, Baku, pay attention." Zero and Bakunetsumaru were outside in the courtyard. " To summon the power of the Buster sword and Shield, you must focus your energy on it."

Baku raised an invisible eyebrow. " In English, please…." Zero sighed. " Okay, well…You need to convert your fighting energy into summoning energy."

" Right, so how does that go?"

" Well, since you are only a novice, you should close your eyes." Bakunetsumaru stared at him. " I SAID CLOSE YOUR EYES!" Baku sweatdroped, then closed his eyes. " Good, now, clear your mind of all thought, and just listen…"

" Listen to what?"

" The beating of your GunSoul." Bakunetsumaru tuned out everything but his Soul. " Okay…"

" Focus on it. Do you see anything?"
" Yes."

" What?"

" A little light…It's blue. And it's beating…"

" That is your magic. Focus on it, and repeat after me…"

" ' Repeat after me…'"

" Smart ass…" Zero muttered. " Raise your right arm up and say, ' Oh, Mana, come to me!'"

Bakunetsumaru raised his right arm and said, " Oh, Mana, COME TO ME!" When he opened his eyes, he saw the familiar blue circle swirl overhead as a sword and shield fell out of it. He caught it, then pulled the sword out as Zero usually does.

Zero blinked. " …Do I really look that silly doing it?"

Baku smiled. " I see why! It's so much fun!…But the magic and focusing part was hard."

" It's about to get a lot harder…"

" Kuso!"

" …And knights don't swear."

" I'm not a knight!"

" For now you are in the body of one, NOW START ACTING LIKE ONE!" Baku would have stuck out his tongue at him if he could, but he just squinted his eyes and went, " NYAA!"

" Why you little…!"

**

Shute and Captain lied on a cliff near the castle. " Man, this is all too weird!" Shute said.

" Yeah. I just hope things don't get this strange in Ark."

" Something tells me it will be worse there…" He sat up. " Hey, Captain, how do you check the Dimension clock?"

" just think of it, and it should show up on your wrist computer." Shute tried to focus on it. Nothing. " What now?"

" Try harder." He did, and it appeared. " Yay!" Okay, we got fifty two hours until the wormhole opens…up…" Shute's eyes turned into "x's". " Fifty two hours?!" Since they couldn't get direct access to the Trans-dimensional gate back in Neotopia, Bellwood programmed it to show up where they appeared after so many days. " We don't have a lot of time to get back to normal…"

" That's just great!" Captain slapped his head again. " No offence, Shute, but I really don't like being in your body…!" Captain then sat up upruptly and held his stomach.

" What's wrong?" Shute asked.

" I…I feel this weird pressure in my lower stomach…"

" Oh, you just need to go."

" Um, Shute?"

" Yes?"

" How do I do that…?" Shute's eyes widened as a big sweatdrop ran down the side of his head. " Oh boy…"

**

After Bakunetsumaru and Zero tried to kill each other, they were sitting away from each other, with cuts, scrapes and other injuries that they inflicted on each other.

" Hey, Baku," Zero called, not looking at him.

" What?!"

" Just WHY were you in the Princess's bed chamber anyway?"

" I couldn't sleep in my room, so I went for a walk around the castle…and when I got to that hall, I got tired and decided to sleep there."

Zero turned and glared at Baku, who was sitting about twenty feet away, near some petrified rose bushes. " But I TOLD you not to go near that hall!!"

" Just what is your problem anyway?!"

" What do you mean?"

" I MEAN how you always want us to stay away from anything that the royal family usually--" He stopped himself, supposedly finding the answer. " …You miss her, don't you?" Zero turned away, crossing his arms. " Miss who?"

" The Princess! Who else?" Zero sighed. " Yes…I miss her. I'd do anything to get her back! We've….known each other for many years…ever since we were children."

" I bet you love her, don't you?" Baku tilted his head. Zero coughed. " N-no! I mean I…I…er…" Zero put a heand to his forhead. " I…I don't know…I do love her, yes. But in what way, I'm not sure…"

" Don't know if you love her as a crush or a sister?"

" Yes…"

" Man, you're a dork." Zero glared at Bakunetsumaru. " What?!"

" You don't even know how you feel about a girl you've known for years! By my troth, you are pathetic."

" …Women usually use the expression, 'By my troth,' Bakunetsumaru…" Baku sweatdroped. " Well…Give me a break! I don't know how to say these funny words!" Zero smiled. It was both frustrating, and funny to be in another's body.

But who in the world would do such a stupid thing?

******

" Phase two ready?"

" Yes, M' Lord."

" Excellent…" Tallgeese stepped out of the shadows. " Then let's proceed with the rest of Operation Mix Up! Muahahahahahahaa!"